Caught In The Middle

By SanC-Rylie

This is the continuation of Book 1 Daddy's Little Assassin. So before you even proceed to read this book plea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Please Read- Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Important Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
The Cast
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Book 3
Newest Mafia Novel
New Story Alert 🚨

Chapter 8

70.9K 2.6K 344
By SanC-Rylie

Its been over a week since Gio had offered to help me with the store business and by the looks of things I believe he was the one actually opening the store and handing it to me. I had just gave him the go a head to assist me, and gave him one of my keys so that he could take a look at the space if he wanted. When I showed up at the restaurant to check on the refurbishment and expansion process today, I also decided to go next door to look at the changes I would have to make but instead I found the large room almost totally ready for opening.

It was unbelievable, he had basically hired persons who had came in and repainted the large room, fixed in dressing rooms, etc. Cash registers and credit card machines were already in place. Like seriously he even had it fully organised packed with all types of women clothing as well as shoes along with other accessories on racks and shelves, there was even security cameras installed in here. The place was a complete store just waiting to be opened. The only things that were missing here was an official name and sign for the store and employees.

Honestly this was all a bit too much. When I had agreed for him to help me, this wasn't what I had in mind. I thought he was going to refer me to persons who could fixed up the place and that he'd just help me order the clothes stocks or oversee works being done when he wasn't busy, not complete the store and pay for everything. That was my job.

I walked around the back of the room realizing it was used as a storage room. When I looked around and in some of the boxes there I realized that there were other colour, sizes of shoes and clothes like those out front stored here. How did he managed to do all this in such a short time and even kept it from me was unbelievable. That was when I decided that I had to call him right away.

"Ciao cara mia" Gio answered his phone.

"I'm mad at you. Like really mad" I replied frowning though he couldn't see me.

"Oh no. What have I done now?"

"The store Gio" I fumed. "When I said yes you could hell me, I didn't mean you should just completely finished and stock it for me".

"I thought you appreciate not having all that work load to worry about" Gio replied sounding confused.

"Gio I really appreciate it, thank you. I don't want to seem ungrateful or anything but I just thought you were gonna refer me to persons or even oversee work with me whenever you aren't busy" I sighed. "At least let me know how much is it that I owe you".

"You don't owe me anything Lexi, its all yours. And I didn't say anything to you about it because I wanted to surprise you. So surprise" Gio replied.

"What!? Gio you can't do that, you can't just hand me a complete store. That was my job to do that"

"Well technically I'm not handing you a store since you already own the store space. I'm just trying to be a supporting boyfriend by trying to get the excess work load you'd have to handle off your back" Gio replied. "I'm sorry if you feel like I've somehow deprived you of doing the things like ordering and stocking whatever you want".

"No, I'm sorry. I get what you were trying to do, so thank you. I'm just really overreacting here" I sighed.

"Look on the bright side, its now all your job to name your store and hire your employees and decide when you're gonna open officially. So you can't say I'm hand in over a complete store to you" Gio chuckled.

"So now you've left the hardest parts of the work on me?" I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah basically" Gio chuckled. "So am I forgiven?

"Yeah totally" I smiled.

"Am I seeing you later as well" Gio asked.

"Yeah definitely" I smiled even though he couldn't see it.

**********************************************
"Wow, This store is yours?" Kathleen asked looking around in amazed.

"Yeah" I nodded chuckling.

After I had finished talking to Gio I had called Kathleen telling her to meet me here.

"Oh my God, its amazing" she said walking around and looking at the different clothes. "So you're basically having a store and a restaurant nearby, nice. You'll definitely be gaining a profit from a settings like this".

"Really? Why exactly?" I asked curiously.

"I mean after shopping in a store like this people are definitely usually tired and hungry. And then there will be a restaurant right next door where they'll be able to chill out and get something to eat. That's definitely a wise idea" Kathleen smiled.

In the few weeks of knowing her she was somehow not so nervous around people anymore, or at least not that nervous around me. It was a good thing though that she's been more calm now as I'm not so sure how a timid and constantly nervous waitress would have worked at LEXI'S. She's been doing better now at the whole waitressing thing as Khadja had really trained her well but I still didn't think waitressing was her.

"Well I'm glad you think so, I also hope other customers will feel that way as well" I chuckled.

"If the cost of any of these clothes are in my price range I'll definitely will be shopping here it its even once" Kathleen said to me. "I'd spend all my day here, I love shopping".

"Oh really?" I asked generally interested now. "Do you love shopping enough that you'd even own a store?".

"Yeah, most definitely. I would have love to own a store like this" Kathleen replied.

"Do you feel that way about running a store as well? You know like being there at the store all day?" I asked her.

"Lexi, the way I love going to stores, I think I'd definitely spend all my day even night in one" Kathleen laughed before going over to a shoes shelf and touching the front of a black 6inch red bottom pumps with some gold studs on the side. "Omg, I love these".

"You can have them" I smiled at her back.

"What? You're joking right? I mean you must be joking, I can't afford these and knowing how much they probably cost there is no way you could be just giving them to me for free" Kathleen said turning around to look at me in disbelief.

"Well I am, you love them so you can take them. I have more back in the store room" I said to her.

"Really? But... I ... Why?" Kathleen stuttered.

"How do you feel about being the manager band running this store for me?" I asked ignoring what she had asked.

"Lexi, are you serious? I... I- I don't know what to say" Kathleen blinked rapidly as if trying to comprehend what I had asked.

"Yes Kathleen I'm being serious. I see this is probably going to take a while so just tell me, do you want the job or not?" I asked.

"Yes! Of course, I'd definitely like to run a store like this" Kathleen finally answered excitedly.

"Great, I figure the restaurant and being a waitress wasn't really much of your scene. So congratulations, as of next week Monday you are officially the new manager of CHANCES CLOTHING'S BOUTIQUE" I smiled at her.

"You've named it Chances, I love it. It's quite ironic how you've given me so much chances as well even though you barely know me. So thank you, a lot Lexi" Kathleen said sincerely before pulling me in an unexpected hug.

"Yeah, yeah. You're welcome" I said patting her back.

"Sorry" Kathleen chuckled embarrassed pulling away.

"Its okay Kathleen, and I believe in chances. I was given a second chance in my life and so I saw you and decided to give you a chance too" I smiled. "By the way, my middle name its also Kathleen".

"Really?" Kathleen smiled.

"Yeah" I nodded. "Anyway, the shoes, just consider them as a prepayment or a welcoming gift okay"

"Thanks Lexi, you are a great person" Kathleen replied.

"I'm not so sure about being great, but I'll take it" I chuckled. "So ready to go?"

"Yeah" Kathleen nodded.

"Alright let's go" I said to her. "Don't forget the shoes".

Kathleen and I closed up and head back to my car. We were driving back to Lexi's. On our way there I noticed there driving not so close behind my car as I looked in the rare view. I've noticed that this car was tailing me ever since I've left. I can't believed Dominic and Dad were still having their men watched me like they said they would.

"Uhm Lexi I think were being followed" Kathleen said nervously.

"I know" I said to her. "Don't worry about it, my Dad and idiot of a brother thinks I need to be constantly monitored".

"Oh" Kathleen sighed resting her head on the headrest of her seat.
"I was worried for a second there, it seems your brother is really protective of you".

"Yeah you have no idea" I said taking a right turn.

"Is he that protective that he had to get two cars to follow you?" Kathleen asked after a few minutes.

"Two cars? What?" I asked confused looking in the rare view mirror once more seeing two cars tailing me indeed.
"Unbelievable".

"You must be really important to them or get in a lot of trouble then" Kathleen chuckled.

"You have no idea" I chuckled as well. "Hold on, I'll give them a reason to be protective".

I started speeding the car taking multiple turns instead of going on the main road making sure that they lost sight of which way my car had went. I was going to have a serious talk with Dominic later on because this was too much.

"I think we lost them" I said to Kathleen laughing.

"Oh my God Lexi, I see why they need to be that protective of you. You are trouble!" Kathleen laugh as well.

"It will take a few minutes before they catch back up with us" I said to her. "They are unbelievable".

"Uh oh" I heard Kathleen said looking behind us. "Lexi, is that a third car?"

"What!?" I shrieked looking in the side mirrors only to find another car following right behind us.

A third car? Okay that's not possible. I really don't think Dad or Dominic would be that crazy enough to send that much guys just to follow me around and watch me.

"Lexi what's...." Kathleen started to say but my car was jolted forward as the car behind us had revved and hit the bumper of my car really hard causing Kathleen and I to screen.

"What the hell!?" I shouted only to have the car hit into my car's bumper once more.

"Oh God Lexi, I don't think that's your brother!" Kathleen screamed.

"Me neither." I said to her as our car was hit once more.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Hey guys, I'm not gonna have any internet access until some time next week. So I'm sorry if I don't get to update again for this week. However, I promise multiple chapters to make up for this week on the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience 😕

Thanks for reading, and for the votes. Don't forget to continue voting and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 2K 41
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 3 of 3! **Read Book 1 (Made FTM) and 2 (Betrayed FTM) first!! Spoilers below!** It's three years later. Caterina and En...
412K 20.1K 44
Book 4 of the Morelli Mafia Series. Please note you must read books 1,2,3 first. I was lost, believed I was abandoned. That couldn't further from th...
1M 30.4K 79
Liviana Vitale has spent her life surrounded by trauma. But these past two years have been the hardest ones yet. She always thought the only brother...
594K 9.9K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...