Accidentally in Love

By Tranay21

Gabrielle McNair and Nick Gregorio have been best friends from birth and have always had each others backs... More

Prologue
I Wake Up [Not] Alone
Love is a Losing Game
Never Love Again
It Starts with Goodbye
I Miss You Now
Where Are We Now?
In The Morning
The Question
The Baby Whisperer
Meet the Parents
A Day in the Life
The Game Plan
Thanksgiving Aftermath
The New York Bachelor
Welcome Home Gaby!
Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
The Devil Cries at Christmastime
Things Left Unsaid
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Seven Days Without You
Happy Birthday Nick!
The Surrogate Baby
Gaby Goes to Tuscany
A Plan Revealed
Happily Ever After Derailed
Jail Time
Confessions of a Certified Brat
Repentance is Good for the Soul
The Surprise
Second Time Around
The Countdown
False Alarm
Special Delivery
Goodbye Derek
Distant Lover
Breathe Again
It Kill's Me
One Night With the Devil
Crossroads
Until It's Gone(Part 1)
Until It's Gone (Part 2)
A Second Chance
Epilogue

It Starts with the Letter T

45.5K 750 69
By Tranay21

Gaby woke up Thanksgiving morning to the smell of bacon frying and coffee brewing.

"Who's frying real bacon?" Gaby wondered aloud as she climbed out of bed. After taking a quick shower and dressing Gaby rushed to the kitchen to find her mother making breakfast.

"Morning mom," Gaby said as she hugged her mother and stole a piece of bacon from the plate.

"Hi sweetie, how did you sleep?" Isabelle asked as she kissed Gaby's cheek.

"Okay. I'm going to check on Nick but save me some more of that bacon. I don't remember the last time I had real bacon," Gaby said as she chewed on the last piece she had as she walked to Nick's study to find him curled up on the futon with the comforter over his head. Gaby sat on the edge of the bed and plucked Nick in the nose causing him to rub his nose.

"Why are you bothering me?" Nick said as he looked at her with one open eye.

"Because you look so adorable when you sleep,"

"So you're supposed to let me sleep," Nick said as he rested his head on her lap and Gaby stroked his hair.

"I thought you were going to sneak back up last night?"

"And risk the chance of your father catching me and hanging me out back, no thank you."

"Mom made breakfast with real bacon."

"Don't you eat any Gabrielle," he warned

"Too late," Gaby said as she kissed the top of his head. Nick sat up on the bed and pulled her into him making her lay down with him.

"You are such a bad girl." He said as he popped her hand.

"Don't abuse the pregnant lady, the only perk I have besides gaining a kid is getting to eat whatever I want," Gaby said as she laid on her side.

"That's a myth," Nick said as he rubbed her stomach.

"Not for me it isn't." Gaby snuggled closer to Nick, and he kissed the nape of her neck sending a shiver down her spine.

"We need to talk about this whole relationship thing we have going on here," Gaby said as she played with Nick's fingers.

"Gaby I just got up do we have to do this now?"

"Yes now, there is no time like the present isn't that what you are always telling me?"

"True," Nick said with a sigh "What's wrong Gaby?"

"Nothing is wrong; I just think we need to talk about it, we haven't really talked about it we've just been," Gaby said as she turned to face him.

"I told you I would marry you in a heartbeat, you know I love you."

"I love you too Nick, but I'm not talking about marriage. We said that after I moved in, we would see where this thing would go. I sleep in your room ninety-nine percent of the time, many nights we have sex, but I don't feel like we are in a relationship, I still feel like we're just two best buds having an extended X-rated sleepover."

"This is one hell of a sleepover then," Nick said, and Gaby rolled her eyes.

"Don't you feel like there should be more. I know what my relationship felt like when I was with Derek."

"Oh so now your comparing me to Derek?" Nick snapped.

"No I'm not comparing you to Derek I'm just saying that when I was with him I felt like I was in a relationship. You know we had rules, boundaries, I guess that's kind of hard to do being that you're my best friend,"

"That and you weren't having his baby." Nick said with a huff. Gaby knew it was a wrong move to bring Derek up but she didn't know how else to convey her thoughts.

"Yes that is true, but you can at least take me out on a date. I wanna put a label on this; I don't know what this is. Am I your girlfriend, baby mama, what?" Nick looked down at Gaby and frowned.

"Damn Gaby I thought it was just implied that when we said we were going to give this relationship thing a try that you where my girl and I was your man. I can see where we would need to validate things."

"So I'm not crazy for asking you this?"

"No not at all. I guess I should act more boyfriendly towards you."

"I don't think boyfriendly is a word." Gaby said with a laugh.

"I don't know how else to put it." Nick said as he hugged her.

Gaby really couldn't say why she decided to bring up the nature of their relationship but she was glad that she did. Gaby was starting to notice that she was having deeper feelings for Nick. She knew that she loved him but lately Nick was having a strange affect on her. There were more questions she wanted to ask and more things she wanted to say but for now she would let it go.

"Well now that's over, let's go get some real bacon." Gaby said as she rolled off of the bed and walked out of the room.

"Gaby you can't have any." He said following behind her.

Later on that night everyone was sitting around the dining room table stuffed when Lauryn suggested that they play charades, the girls vs. the boys.

"I'll go first." Nick volunteered as he got up from his seat.

"No Nick don't embarrass yourself." Gaby pleaded as she tried to pull him back into his seat.

"I got this woman." Nick said confidently and Gaby just shook her head. Nick was the worst charades player to ever walk the earth, it was a well known fact but he insisted on playing, Gaby could only admire him for his persistence.

Nick stood in front of the room and drew and square in the air.

"Television show!" Randy shouted and Nick gave him the thumbs up. Nick held up three fingers.

"Three words." James said and Nick nodded. Nick held up one finger signaling that he was going to act out the first word. Nick started to motion with his hands and the men instantly got confused.

"Jazz hands?" Randy said.

"There's no TV show called jazz hands." Brian said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Thirty seconds left." Paige said as she kept her eyes on her watch.

"I still say jazz hands." Randy said as all the men watched Nick continue to motion his hands.

"Someone please stop the horror." Lauryn begged as she and Gaby went into a laughing fit.

"Ten seconds left." Paige chimed in. Realizing that they were never going to get it Nick's shoulder fell as he tossed his hands up in defeat.

"Times up," Paige said as she laughed.

"Now please tell us, oh great master of charades what in the world was that supposed to be?" Brian asked.

"Hawaii 5-O, I was doing a volcano exploding." Nick said as he took his seat.

"Why didn't you just do the five and the 'O' we would have gotten that." James said shaking his head.

"Or you could have done the hula girl dance." Gaby said as she wiped the tears from her face as she chuckled.

"Your turn Gaby," Paige said as she handed her watch to Nick.

"Yeah Gaby lets show 'em how charades is supposed to be played." Lauryn said as Gaby took her place in front of the room. Gaby decided to stay with tv show titles and signaled that it was one word. Gaby pointed to her stomach.

"Baby." Paige said and Gaby nodded.

"The name of the show is Baby?" Nick asked and Gaby shook her head no and held up a two fingers.

"Two Baby?" Paige asked, the confusion evident in her voice. Gaby shook her head and pointed at her stomach again while holding up two fingers.

"Twins!" Lauryn shouted. "I loved that show." She said as Gaby gave her a high five.

"How did you get twins from that?" Nick asked.

"This is why you don't play charades honey." Paige said patting Nick on the head.

"Oh and by the way since we are on the subject of twins." Gaby said grabbing everyone's attention. "I'm having twins." Gaby said with a smile as everyone looked at her.

"What?" Nick asked as he tried to register what she was saying.

"We're having twins." Gaby said and that was the last thing Nick heard before everything went dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 10.9K 28
He was cold, distant and was riddled with psychopathic tendencies, but had a soft spot for his deliciously thick best friend. She wanted to be more...
938 4 36
Nicki and kenneth what happens when she meets another guy. Read to find out hope you enjoy
56 0 9
When a young Vanessa lives her life by a schedule so she had control of her life, it was easy. But, then she graduates from high school. Vanessa want...
29.6K 644 22
αΆœα΅ƒα΅˜Λ’α΅‰ ⁱᡗ'Λ’ α΅—α΅’α΅’ αΆœα΅’Λ‘α΅ˆ αΆ α΅’Κ³ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜ ʰᡉʳᡉ α΅ƒβΏα΅ˆ ⁿᡒʷ Λ’α΅’ ˑᡉᡗ ᡐᡉ Κ°α΅’Λ‘α΅ˆ ᡇᡒᡗʰ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜Κ³ Κ°α΅ƒβΏα΅ˆΛ’ ⁱⁿ ᡗʰᡉ ʰᡒˑᡉ˒ α΅’αΆ  ᡐʸ ˒ʷᡉᡃᡗᡉʳ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ | two best friends have feelings...