Temporarily Yours

By LifeIsLukeBryan

Caroline Boyer can never seem to find her place in this world. Whether it be a career or one single job, noth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilouge

Chapter 30

3.5K 117 28
By LifeIsLukeBryan

Love, love is like a lime, pleasant with tequila, bad if shot in the eye

I was awoken by the loud rapping against the door down the hall, thud after thud. I groaned groggily, my eyes still adjusting to the light.

"We didn't order room service! Go away!" I yelled.

Luke stirred, but remained sleeping. How the hell was he sleeping through this? Such a damn heavy sleeper let me tell you.

The repeated rap against the door continued without hesitation. Did a crazed fan figure out Luke was in Costa Rica and in this exact house? I was about to tell whoever was outside off again when they spoke up.

"Caroline, get your ass out of bed. You know what, I'm coming in!"

It was Leah. The front door clicked shut and before I could protest that both Luke and I were naked, she came barging in the bedroom door. I didn't even have time to ask questions as to why she was here because I was hurriedly throwing the sheets over Luke who had come uncovered last night.

She stopped in her tracks, immediately regretting her decision to come busting through the door. Her cheeks were red for a moment but a smirk quickly made its way onto her face.

"Someone got it on last night, didn't they?" She quizzed.

I knew my face was heating up and I cursed at myself for blushing so easily. I slid out of bed, not caring that I was butt-ass naked in front of Leah. She was my best friend, had been for years. We had our fair share of drunk nights together where we'd seen each other without pieces of cloth covering us up. Don't ask.

I slipped my red thong on from last night, the ones I'd slipped into after Luke and I showered together (purposefully picked out for Luke if you hadn't guessed already) and rolled my eyes, shooing her out the door.

"Just let me get dressed at least? And like, just leave please? For God's sake, Luke is still sleeping and naked under there." I huffed, tossing my bathing suit bottoms into a hamper.

She shrugged and then winked. "Just one more reason for me to stay."

I stopped and walked up to her, basically pushing her through the door frame. "Leah, you're married." I said, pointing to the ring on her finger.

"And Luke Bryan is lying naked in my best friend's bed." She said, pointing to Luke's slumber induced bare body under the sheets.

I rolled my eyes. "Touché... now go. Wait, why are you even here?"

"So now we're asking questions? I thought you wanted me to get out while you got dressed." Leah fired back, an eyebrow raised.

"I swear to you with my all... go, get, shoo!" I groaned, aggravated.

Leah laughed and walked out, shutting the door behind her. I love her, but gosh did she know the right buttons to push! I slipped my house coat on and followed behind her a minute later, I found her in the kitchen.

I leaned up against the counter. "So why are you here?"

"I know Jacoby," she explained. "And I was invited to the wedding. Luke explained that I could stay here in one of the other rooms. Blaine will be arriving later and apparently so will Black Mike."

"Black Mike's coming too?" I asked. She nodded. My heart sunk a little. I was hoping to have some alone time with Luke. Having all these people here, well that means we can't stay in the same room anymore or people will know we're dating.

Our conversation was cut short when Luke, bed head and all, dragged his feet into the kitchen, wearing only basketball shorts. He opened and closed different cupboards until he came across the coffee cups, grabbing one to pour himself some joe. I watched in amazement, wondering how on Earth he was just now staggering out of bed and hadn't heard the ruckus just moments earlier. I sometimes found myself becoming jealous of his inhumane abilities to sleep so soundly.

All was quiet as Luke leaned against the countertop, taking periodic sips of his steaming coffee. My lower tummy felt a massive flutter of butterflies as I thought of the word countertop. Countertop. Such a simple word with such a deep meaning behind it for Luke and I. I smiled a mischievous smile, one only Luke and myself would understand the meaning behind.

"Hey, Carol," Luke finally spoke up, breaking the never-ending silence.

"Yah?" I responded, looking up.

Luke gestured to Leah with a slight nod. "Does she...uh,"

"Does she know?" I finished for him, he nodded. "Yes, she does."

"And big shot," Leah piped up, taking a bite of a crescent roll. Where'd she get that? I spotted a box of pastries sitting next to her on the counter, she must've brought them. "Don't you dare hurt her. Fuck her over, and I'll make sure your career is ruined and you're six feet under the following Tuesday."

I legitimately heard Luke gulp, knowing how dead serious Leah truly was. But then he chuckled and moved so he could wrap his arms around my waist. "Yes, ma'am. I have no intentions of hurting this perfect woman." He nuzzled his chin into the crook of my neck and Leah smiled, seemingly content with his answer.

Leah rose up from her seat and walked out, I assumed to go explore the wonders of Costa Rica before Blaine arrived later this afternoon. As soon as the door slammed shut, Luke popped up and grabbed my hand, pulling me outside.

"Luke!" I protested, practically begging him to stop. "Baby, I can't go outside! I look horrendous!"

Luke seized his walking and turned around. "Honey, you loom might fine to me, and that's all that matters. Besides, you're gonna love this."

I sighed resignedly, knowing Luke would just persist. Luke pulled me onto the deck and I immediately smiled wide. Luke had set up some type of massage thing.

"Luke, what's this?" I asked.

"I am going to treat you today. Anything you want, just tell me, and I'll do." Luke announced.

"How'd you set all of this up?" I quizzed, making my way over to the massage table. "You've been asleep all morning."

"I have my ways." He said softly, winking. "If I told you, I couldn't surprise you anymore."

I nodded before patting the massage table. "I think I could go for a nice massage." I stated, smirking as Luke raised an eyebrow.

I turned so my back was facing him and dropped my robe, revealing my red thong. I heard Luke gasp, causing me to bite my lip. I laid down on the massage table, covering my lower half with the sheet. Almost immediately Luke came to my side.

"Massage please, Mr. Bryan."

"Will do, Ms. Boyer."

Luke began to massage me with his hands gently. From my shoulder blades, down to the middle of my back, he worked his magic, the touch of his fingers ever so delicate, yet pressured at the same time. Every so often, he'd slip a finger or two past the top of the sheet, not daring himself to go farther, but enough to  tease me. Luke hummed softly as he worked, the tune was very familiar to me. Hmmm hmm hm hmm.

"To the moon and back," I said softly, lifting my head up to sneak a glance at Luke.

  A soft smile was painted upon Luke's lips and he seized his movements for a second, just to look at me. I gazed back, so in love with him. How'd I ever get so lucky? I went from unemployed to Luke Bryan's nanny to Luke Bryan's girlfriend. Never in a million years did I think everything would feel put together like it is now.

"I love you so much, Caroline." Luke spoke, a gentle demeanor to his voice.

"I love you too Luke." I was silent for a split second before lighting up. "Can we take a walk on the beach?"

"Of course, and I know a really great beach side restaurant we could stop at too." He agreed.

I slowly sat up, wrapping the sheet around me. Luke bent down and picked up my robe, handing it to me. I thanked him and slipped into it before heading back into the house. Luke followed me to the bedroom where I stripped and grabbed some clean clothes.

"Let me shower first." I stated, walking towards the bathroom.

"Let me join you." Luke said. His tone let me know he didn't mean mess around. He just wanted to join me. Something that made me feel a way I hadn't ever felt before.

Luke let me do my thing and I let him do his before we washed each other's bodies, simple yet very intimate. I watched as Luke traced the curves and natural contours of my body with his gaze, his deep brown eyes, soft, filled with love rather than lust. The steam rose in the shower, fogging up the glass doors. Luke then gently grabbed my face, leaning in for a kiss. His lips attached to mine and I backed up against the shower doors, melting into the passion-filled embrace.

Eventually the kiss ended and we got out, drying off. The romantic atmosphere turned to comical when Luke started laughing, pointing at the shower door.

"What in the heck are you laughing at?" I asked.

He pointed to the door again. "Those imprints where steam used to be but your butt wiped them away."

I smacked him with my towel and just shook my head. "You're so immature sometimes!"

The rest of the day we both spent it walking the miles of coastline. It was so beautiful here. The ocean, the breeze, the sun, all of it. We ate at the restaurant Luke had mentioned earlier, which was phenomenal. When we got back, it was late. We figured out Black Mike and Blaine's flight had been delayed and they wouldn't be here until tomorrow morning. I was fine with that because that meant more alone time for Luke and I without having to sneak around.

I headed outside onto the deck in my bikini, lugging a towel with me. There was also a nice hot tub on the deck which I was eager to enjoy. I stopped short when I heard Leah talking to Luke in a serious, hushed tone.

"Luke, about what I said earlier," She said. "I didn't mean to come off so sassy. It's just that Caroline really, truly does love you with all her heart. Trust me on this. I've been with her through all the break-ups and stand-ups, one night stands, and guys she's dealt with... but never, never have I ever listened to her talk about about a guy like she does now, look at a guy like she does now, never have I seen her love a man like she loves you. She's willing to do leaps and bounds for you, so please, don't abuse that power, please don't break her heart."

I covered my mouth, truly appreciating my best friend in that moment.

"Oh Leah," Luke said. "I love her a lot, maybe even more than I love myself. You gotta believe me, I mean I want to marry her one day. Heck, give me a ring and I'll propose now, I just know she's not ready. But golly Leah," Luke took a shaky breath. "I give you permission to send me six feet under that damn cold ground if I ever mess up with Caroline. I don't think I could forgive myself."

Love, love is a whole ball of crazy that you can get tangled up in if you're not careful and will yourself not to be naive. Love, love is like a lime, pleasant with tequila, bad if shot in the eye. Love, love is powerful. Five months ago Luke Bryan was just another famous guy who sang honky tonk tunes on the radio, but now he's the famous guys who sings the beating rhythm of my heart. Luke came outside and slipped in behind me, wrapping his arms around me. I settled my head back, the slow rising and falling of his chest was soothing. As I sat there, bubbles surrounding me, Luke's arms wrapped around me, I had a feeling I was going to love him forever. Until my very last breath. Until I could no longer climb counter tops, and even then I'll still love him, because let's face it, by then I'll be like seventy something and my hips won't allow that.

Author's Note

So that last paragraph sucked. I tried to make it sound good... it didn't work😂

This was mainly a filler chapter but I don't get very many comments anymore! Those are what help me with ideas and how to steer the story as well as inspire me to continue writing. To update, I need to reach 20 comments. No less until I can update! ☺️😳

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.5K 31
A song writer finally getting somewhere in life. She has a big surprise of famous country artist wanting her lyrics. She makes friends, and maybe eve...
81.2K 1.5K 57
She works the night by the water. She's gonna stress, so far away from her father's daughter. She just wants a life for her baby All on her own, no o...
33K 1.7K 43
Luke Bryan, now one of the biggest names in country music and selling out stadium shows everywhere with a smile painted across his face. Except off s...
209K 4.8K 109
Luke Bryan's new babysitter might just be the one...