Stumbling into A Vampire (Com...

By WritingMyPassion

I, Shannon Maylon, had THE picture perfect life. I was popular, captain of the dance team, dating the quarter... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 23

7.6K 165 7
By WritingMyPassion

Chicago 1920’s

Cole’s POV      

The 1920’s were better than the 1820s. It wasn’t against the law for women to show off a little skin and I had one simple motto . . .

More skin showing, more skin to bite.

My older brother Damon completely agreed with me. These flapper girls were completely mesmerized by my vampiric charm.

Ever since the attack of the vampires over my home town, getting women became natural to me.  Nearly a hundred years now of being a vampire. I quickly learn how to use it to my advantage. With the help of Damon of course.

We were now sitting in the back of the bar in a dark booth. This was our normal hang out. Everyone knew us here and they all loved us. The black girl was up on stage singing and the people were on the floor dancing happily. She was good. I knew here personally. Heather, she was also a vampire.

She caught me watching her and winked. I nodded with a smirked.

A waitress walked by in her little, loose, black dress and place our two whiskeys on the table. As she began to pull away I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into me.

I looked her straight in the eye. I watched the panic subside and I used my mind control on her, “The brunette at the bar in the pink. Who is she?” I demanded.

“I’m not sure, Mr. Moretti,” She replied smoothly. “I’ve never seen her before.”

“Get her whatever she is drinking . . . on me. Tell her I would very much like to have her visit my brother and I,” I smirked.

“Of course, Mr. Moretti,” She replied and I released her and she strutted off to the bar.

I watch as she served the brunette and nod over to our booth.

“Brother, what are you doing?” Damon smirked at me.

“Getting a late night snack,” I replied with a smirk.

“She’s quite beautiful. I’ve never seen her around,” He replied.

“She must be visiting,” I concluded as she raised her drink to me from across the bar I raised mine to her with an inviting smirk.

“Care to share, brother?” I asked as she finished her drink and started towards our booth.

“Always,” He raised his glass to mine. We both down the drinks and then she was there.

“Hello, gentlemen,” She breathed.

Her green eyes watched me in an interested fashion.

Damon stood, “Please, ma’am, do sit,” He waved a hand into the booth.

Her eyes moved to him and slowly roamed over him. She smirked, “I think I will,” She slid into the booth ext to me and Damon slid in on her other side.

“So, ma’am, what is your name? It shocked me to see a stranger in this bar,” I meet her green eyes with a deep intensity.

She seemed a little flustered, “Victoria,” She slightly stuttered.

“That is very beautiful,” Damon took her hand and kissed.

“Why thank you,” She breathed a little shocked.

“And our names? Aren’t you going to ask our names?” I lightly placed my hand on her check and forced her attention from Damon to me.

“You’re the Moretti brothers. I have heard a lot about you,” She seemed flattered to have been invited to our booth.

I chuckled evilly, “All bad I hope,” I smirked dropping my hand from her face  to her thigh.

“Now, if I had heard l bad things, would I have come over here?” She smirked leaning into me.

Damon grabbed her face and turned her towards him over exposing her neck to me. I was instantly taken over by the hunger.

“Some just can’t resist our charm and good looks,” Damon smirked.

“I can see why,” She breathed and then pressed her lips to Damon’s.

I took this as my chance.

I sank my teeth into her neck and she gasped and whimpered.

“You like this,” I heard Damon demand. Her body relaxed, “Good girl.”

I knew he heard compelled her, but I didn’t care I was engulfed in her scent and taste. Damon bit her too and we were both drinking from her now. We would soon have to pull away. We couldn’t drain her that badly. We had a reputation in this town. I moved my hand up her thigh and she placed her hand on top of mine.

I pulled back breathing a little hard. I liked my lips as Damon pulled away also. He wiped his mouth with a napkin.

“Thank you very much, Victoria,” I took her shawl and wrapped it around her neck as a scarf to cover the bite marks, “Now go continue to enjoy your night sweetheart. If anybody asks you had a great time with us, but do not tell details. Ladies never kiss and tell, my darling,” I compelled her to forget the biting then Damon stood and she walked away looked a little dazed.    

“She tasted just as nice as she looks,” Damon smirked.

“I would say so,” I chuckled.

“It’s nice going out with you, Brother. You are my closest friend,” Damon placed a hand on my shoulder.

“This damned life doesn’t give us the opportunity to have many friends, but I truly agree with you, Brother,” I placed my hand over his proudly.

Then over his shoulder I watched as a very attractive, pale, young, blonde women in a short, stunning mint green dress walked in. Her make-up done up as was her hair. She was a sure heartbreaker.

I growled low under my breath.

“What is it, Cole?” Damon asked suddenly alert.

“I thought you told her to stay home,” I responded.

He turned around and growled too, “Damn it, Sarah,” He mumbled.

“I’ll take care of her,” I stood.

“Bring her back over here. She’s already drawn too many male eyes for my liking,” Damon suggested.

“I agree,” I nodded and then walked over to my younger sister walking towards the dance floor.

Women stopped me and said hello and flirted, but I walked past them.

“Sarah,” I demanded as she was getting swung around the dance floor, by some stupid human male.

“Cole,” She gasped.

“Moretti,” The guy scoffed.

“Do you have a problem?” I raised an eyebrow at him threateningly.

“What? Is this another one of you off-limits whores you have running around this bar?” He rolled his eyes.

I grabbed Sarah’s arm and pulled her into my side roughly, “She’s my sister jackass,” I growled in his face, “I suggest you run along now before you get yourself in trouble.”

His expression went blank and then he nodded, “Of course, Sir,” He replied and then turned and hurried away.

I dragged Sarah with me back to the booth, “Cole, let me go. This isn’t fair,” She complained.

“You deliberately disobeyed our rules, Sarah. I don’t have to be fair.” I snapped.

When we got back Damon had another girl in his lap.

“Beat it, sweetheart,” I snapped at her.

“Oh,” she jumped off of Damon’s lap and hurried away.

I pushed Sarah into the booth and sat on the other side of her.

“Let me out,” She demanded.

“No, we told you to stay at the house. You left and came here. To a bar, no less. What in the hell were you thinking?” Damon demanded.

“You let Erick out all the time. Why can’t I go out?” She complained.

“Because you are our younger sister, you can’t understand the dangers of our being out. It’s too dangerous for you. I refuse to let you get hurt,” I explained.

“No, I am a vampire. Just like you two. I can take care of myself,” She huffed.

“You are ignorant and stupid. You think you can handle yourself, but you have no idea. Damon and I . . . we know you cannot handle yourself,” I gripped her arm.

“Let go,” She pulled away roughly.

“Sarah, please listen to us,” Damon demanded.

“You guys just don’t want me out because you hate me. You don’t want me to ever have fun!” She complained.

“That’s not it at all, Sarah,” Damon said annoyed.

“Fine, you can go,” I said. She perked up, “But you can’t leave our site. Stay in the bar. We need to be able to get to in a moment’s notice.”

“Okay, I can agree to that,” She nodded excitedly.

I stood, “Don’t go getting yourself in trouble now.” I warned.

“I won’t. Thank you, Cole,” She kissed my check and walked off into the bar.

“Cole, that was incredibly stupid. She needs to be taken home.

“Please, Damon. She is in the bar. She is with us. We won’t let anything happen to her,” I countered.

“If anything happens to her,” Damon shook his head standing, “will never forgive you.” He walked off into the bar and instantly had a girl under his arm.

Suddenly I was pushed back into the booth a spunky blonde was straddling me in her small, beaded, pearly dress.

“Kate,” I sighed watching her blue eyes. Kate was very curvy. She had a big chest – which were currently pressed up against me – and legs that went on for a mile. He dress did an amazing job of showing that off.

“Hello, Mr. Moretti,” She purred, “How are you doing tonight?”

“Quite wonderful now, Sweetheart. Thanks for asking,” I pressed my lips to hers forcibly and she kissed me back. I ran my hands over her body and across her legs.

She ran her hands over my chest and started undoing my button-up shirt.

I kissed down her neck and when I couldn’t take it anymore I bit hard.

She gasped and pressed herself closer to me. I tightened my arms around her and continued to drinking happily. Then I heard the gasps and screams and gun shots.

“Cole,” Sarah screamed.

I pulled away from Kate and stood quickly.

The bar was in chaos. Three men dress in all black burst through the front shouting machine guns all around.

I found Sarah instantly and began hurrying across the bar to her. Then one of the bullets hit my shoulder. I went down, shocked. The pain radiating from my shoulder was horrible. The stinging made me call out in pain.

“Cole, no!” Sarah kneeled in front of me.

“Calm down, Sarah,” I breath grabbing the bullet and pulling it out of my shoulder with a grunt. “It’s just a bullet.”

“No, Cole, it’s not,” She gasped, “Their wooden.”

That explained the sharp pain that was still in my shoulder.

“Sarah, stay close to me. We have to find Damon and get out of here quickly,” I demanded grabbing her arm tightly.

She nodded panicked and stood with me I watching the room while hiding Sarah with my body and making my way to the door.

Where the hell was Damon?

“There!” I pointed across the room I saw him at the door.

“Let’s go,” Sarah whined.

“Come on,” I held her close and hurried across the room.

“Them! There!’ I heard a man shout, then quickly a shot fire off.

I turned my body towards the crowed quickly to block Sarah from the Hunters, but I was too late.

I heard her scream out in pain and then fall to the ground. I fell at her side.

“Sarah! No!” I scream there was blood seeping from her chest.

“Run, Cole!” She demanded weakly, “Get out of here!”

“No, Sarah,” I cried.

Damon was suddenly at my side, “Cole, we have to go . . . now!” His voice was cut and cold and I knew he was hurting, but he was right.

I stood and we ran at vampire speed from the bar and out of the town far away from the hustle and bustle of the Hunters.

“Damon,” My voice was weak, “How could we leave her there like that?”

“She told us to,” He growled.

“Damon, it’s my fault . . . it’s all my fault,” I sighed.

“Yes,” He stepped up to me menacingly, “It is all your fault. I told you! I told you we had to take her home. It was too dangerous for her! You refused to listen to me . . . I warned you, Cole! We will never be the way we were . . . we never can! I can never trust you with anyone I care about again! I hope you enjoy living an eternity alone! I will never speak to you again!” He shoved me back and then disappeared into the night.

Sarah was gone and it is all my fault. I will never see her again. And Damon left me . . . I lost a brother and a sister all in one night. Erick had already been on his own for so long . . . I am completely alone in this world . . . and It’s all my fault.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 608 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...
679K 11.2K 86
[COMPLETE. EDITED] When he meets her his world feels complete. When she meets him she feels as if she is safe and protected. She is scared that he w...
347 32 28
Hello! First of all, I would like to say, that this is my FIRST story written in English. So I would like you to ignore the mistakes... !FAN FICTION...
2.3K 69 26
Should I go up to them? Will they accept me? Will they remember me? "N-Nellie?" Well shit.... ============== =============== I DO NOT OWN VAMPIRE DI...