♡Lucky Ones♡ [Completed]

By blckstabbath

Ellie Schmitt is the younger sister of Breathe Carolina's front-man David Schmitt. They went through everythi... More

My Understandings
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twnety-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Tweny-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Author's Note
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Epilouge
A Special Goodbye
Sequel!!!!!
Goodbye.....for now

Chapter Thirty-Six

408 13 7
By blckstabbath

Fire In The Water Part. 1

Watching Austin and the guys practice in the studio is so amazing. It’s awesome to see how much Austin puts into his work. I love how Aaron is just as focused, even though he didn’t write. It’s amazing seeing them work as a band. I’m grateful for the band I have. All my best friends. Max was studying Tino’s techniques on the drums since we’ve become a little more metal core; he needs to speed up the pace. In fact, we’re all watching them. Miley is studying Aaron, Ryan is studying Phil and I’m studying Austin, Alan, and Aaron. I wish we were as talented as Of Mice & Men. Compared to them, we’re shit. But as he begins to start Second & Sebring, his eyes met mine and I knew he was going to cry.

Another reason it’s going to be hard to let go of Austin. He’s like a giant fluffy teddy-bear (and wow did that sound weird) and teddy bears are hard to let go. You just want to hug em’ over and over again. David and Kyle soon came downstairs, David holding hands with Lynzie. As the song ends, Austin speaks over the microphone, his voice a little shaky.

“You guys wanna give it a shot?” we all looked at each other than back at them. “I saw the way you were gawking at us. Come one! Take their places, pick a song, and let’s see how you guys sound.” I turned to them.

“You guys want to?” their eyes beamed with excitement. “Okay, what song do we all know? Nothing with clean vocals for now.” They all pondered it for a moment. Then Max had a smile spread across his face.

“They Don’t Call It The South For Nothing.” We all looked at him. He may be young, but he is full of cockiness.

“You sure?” I asked, knowing he would seriously pick up a lot of speed.

“Positive.” We turned to Austin.

“They Don’t Call It The South.” He nodded and everyone left their gear to take a spot behind the glass to watch us. we filled in their spots. Max behind the drums, Miley picking up Aaron’s guitar, Ryan taking Phil’s guitar and me standing next to Austin behind a microphone with Alan’s guitar. Max counted the beats before starting.

Make waves, make waves, I'm sea, it's all you can take.

Come back, back down now, I'm drifting away.

Your ship's sunk. It's gone down, now your captain is dead.

Your saints become sailors, when my ocean is fed by these,

Bloody waters, Mark my words. Come on.

Alright I want you call to clap along and sing with me:

 As things slowed down a bit, I began to sing along with Austin. Feeling loved and belong and surprised at how well we sounded, of course we messed up here and there, but we were killing it.

When I said I'd fight back, I didn't say that I'd fight fair.

I said I'd fight back, I didn't say that I'd fight fair.

Salt your eyes, sleep with all the fishes.

The waves start the flood that's drowning yourself.

Broken, then we'll salt your eyes.

No wind, this sound.

Waves, make waves.

Back down, stop drifting away.

Come back, come back, it's all you can take.

We'll pour salt in your eyes.

I said I'd fight back, I didn't say that I'd fight fair.

After that, my heart was beating irregular, but of course, being me I shrugged it off. Austin said he wanted to do a song with clean vocals so that I won’t damage my voice. So we played YDG. I’m proud to say, we actually kept up speed. Max didn’t mess up as much as he did the first time and Miley and Ryan were good a backing the vocals. If Austin wasn’t part of his band, I would totally as him to join ours. Maybe we could start a side project together……

Remember, you won’t be here long, so why start something you can’t finish.

Poop.

“Hey Ellie, good job.” Austin thanked me while chugging a water bottle.

“Thanks.” He hugged me and soon everyone joined the hug.

I’m destroying what I love.

---

I decided to take a walk to relive the stress on my mind. I was halfway down the sidewalk when Alan busts through the door to catch up with me.

“Alan, what do you want?” I ask, though I came out harsher than it needed to. But I didn’t care, I want to be alone.

“You’ve been acting funny since this morning. What’s up?” he walked alongside of me and draped an arm around my shoulder.

“Nothing. Just, nothing.” I wanted to tell Alan. I wanted someone to say it’s okay, everything is gonna be fine and be showered with hugs. But nothing is fine and nothing is okay. My heartbeat began to pick up again as my panic rose.

“Are you okay?” Alan asks. I stop walking and fall to my knees clutching my chest. Great, stupid artery wants to burst now? I shake my head no and point to the house. “The house? Does someone know what’s happening?” he asks. I nod and try to form words with my mouth, but it’s hard when your heart is basically preparing to blow up. I fall to my side and begin to shake.

I’m having a freaking anxiety attack while having a heart attack, wow. There’s a first for everything.

“Austin.” My mouth coughs out and Alan takes off running, his ginger hair flowing behind him. I roll to my side and consulate as the two come running back to me.

“Ellie! What’s happening?” he asks while Alan dials 911. He notices how I clutch my chest and the lack of air. I wheeze again and I swear something inside of me popped. My whole body felt cold on the inside and my arms are turning a bright shade of red. I open my mouth to say something, but only blood comes out.

“Ellie!” they scream at the same time. It wasn’t soon after the blood rushing out that the sirens were heard in the distance. Austin gripped my hand, or was it Alan, hard to tell as my vision was getting blurry. A stretcher was lifting me off the ground as my hands were placed over my heart. I lifted them up to see them covered in blood.

“What’s going on?!” Austin yelled at a paramedic who had those electric thingy’s that revive you.

“Her artery bust, she has internal bleeding!” and then the stars danced before my eyes and I blacked out.

“Clear!”

I wake up to see people surrounding me with goggles and white coats on. Everyone was rushing, taking out tools and yelling at each other. Someone finally acknowledged me and walked towards me.

“Sweetie, put this on.” They put a mask over my face and gas rolled into my lungs. “We have to perform open heart surgery right now in order for you to survive, so take a look out there. You see that man,” I looked towards her finger that was pointing towards the glass. Austin had his hand on the window, looking at the doctors rushing around. I knew this was scary for him. He’s been here before. “Focus your attention to him so when you black out, you’ll see a familiar face.” I kept my eyes on Austin’s face. The color was drained from his face, his eyes wide and in a panic. When he looked my way, he forced a fake smile. We locked eyes until I felt myself slowly slipping out.

~Austin~

Her eyes rolled in the back of her head as the anesthesia  kicked in.

“How could I not see the signs Alan?” I asked as he walked next to me.

“What signs?”

“Her height, after every show we played in Texas she would always clutch her chest and sit down for hours. I mean it’s been obvious for months now!” I sigh as we walk into the waiting room where everyone else was.

“Austin!” David yelled. He ran up to me and squared me in the jaw. “What the hell is happening to my sister?! How do you know about it?!” His eyes were full of fire in the now freezing cold water I call guilt. He went in for another punch, which I took. I wasn’t thinking about the fact that I was getting my face pounded, I was thinking about, what would I do if Ellie died?

“David, stop.” Lynzie begged. Her brown eyes met Alan’s and instantly they were filled with fear. Ellie was basically like a sister to her. They grew up in Colorado together and moved to Long Beach together like family and now they live in L.A. of course Lynzie is feeling this way.

“What’s happening Austin?” she asked while wrapping her arms around David.

“It’s the same thing I have.” Everyone’s eyes slash heads shot towards me. “Her, uhm, artery burst because the aorta wall collapsed. She’s, erm, bleeding on the inside.”

“Will she survive?” Miley piped from the back. Alan and I looked at each other.

“Well-”

“What was your survival percentage?” Max asked.

“It was a 30 to 40 percent I wouldn’t make it.” I say, running my fingers through my hair. My jaw aching in the process.

“What about Ellie?”

“Erm,”

“Will she die?” Ryan asked.

“Well,” I begin.

“Why didn’t she tell us?” Max asks again.

“Maybe because,”

“Austin.”

“Austin.”

“Austin.”

“Please! SHUT UP!” I yell. Everyone calling my name at one isn’t helping the situation. “She didn’t tell anyone because I don’t know! Ask her! I don’t know if she will die or not I hope not!!!” I yell, yanking my hair.

“What’s the percentage?” David asks. I choke on a sob and spin around twice. I look at Alan for help. He sighs.

“There’s a 60 to 70 percent she won’t make it.” He tells them. Once again I go back to muttering to myself. Gosh, how could I not notice? It’s been going on for eight years! That’s far too long! The doctor told me she’s known for two years. A reson she may not have known until this late is because her father had the same conditon, but he died. If she would’ve said something, this could’ve been avoided. While an argument brews between them, I walk back to the glass to see Ellie’s heart on ice. That heart holds all the love I gave to her in a firery frenzy and now it’s freezing away. Ellie herself is freezing away. She’s paler then usual and looks like a fragile stick attached to life support. Her nose no longer holds the lip ring. Her lips no longer hold the lip ring. Her once bright ice crystal eyes are now shut and pale as ever. I take out my phone and compose a tweet.

Austin Carlile: at the hospital with a very close friend. All my prayers are sent out to Ellie and her friends and family. And to her second family at Warped.

Immediately my phone blows up with notifications. My phone began to ring and I took the calls one by one. Talking to Andy from BVB, Andy from WCAR Taylor from WATIC Kellin and the SWS guys, Devin from I See Stars, Kyle, the ATL guys, Mitch, Drummer Matt and Oli from BMTH, 3 OH! 3, Beau, and Ben. By the time I was done, they we’re still performing the surgery. Trying to stop the bleeding. I refuse to cry. So instead, I watch those eyes as they work to keep her living.

She has to live. She has to.

For me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 16.8K 38
26 year old Lyla James is living in Los Angeles pursuing her dream of being a photographer. She gets the chance of a lifetime when her best friend, A...
90.8K 1.2K 27
Daniella is 24 year old girl who got her and her cousin jobs as merch girls at Warped Tour 2012. But she has quite history with one of the lead singe...
210K 7.6K 24
As your mother surprised you with tickets to none other than Warped Tour, how were you to know that the people you've looked up to for years... were...
25.6K 698 22
Samantha Purdy was separated from her older brother, Ashley Purdy, when their parents died and was put into the foster system. Over 20 years after th...