The Alpha's Possession

By Monstreph

(Book #1) Nora Myers despises werewolves after they murdered her mother, so what happens when she encounters... More

✙ Chapter 1 ✙
✙ Chapter 2 ✙
✙ Chapter 3 ✙
✙ Chapter 4 ✙
✙ Chapter 5 ✙
✙ Chapter 6 ✙
✙ Chapter 7 ✙
✙ Chapter 8 ✙
✙ Chapter 9 ✙
✙ Chapter 11 ✙
✙ Chapter 12 ✙
✙ Chapter 13 ✙
✙ Chapter 14 ✙
✙ Chapter 15 ✙
✙ Chapter 16 ✙
✙ Chapter 17 ✙
✙ Chapter 18 ✙
✙ Chapter 19 ✙
✙ Chapter 20 ✙
✙ Chapter 21 ✙
✙ Chapter 22 ✙
✙ Chapter 23 ✙
✙ Chapter 24 ✙
✙ Chapter 25 ✙
✙ Chapter 26 ✙
✙ Chapter 27 ✙
✙ Chapter 28 ✙
✙ Chapter 29 ✙
✙ Chapter 30 ✙
✙ Chapter 31 ✙
✙ Chapter 32 ✙
✙ Chapter 33 ✙
✙ Chapter 34 ✙
✙ Chapter 35 ✙
✙ Chapter 36 ✙
✙ Chapter 37 ✙
✙ Chapter 38 ✙

✙ Chapter 10 ✙

385K 10.8K 1.2K
By Monstreph

Hey!

An update! Yay! Sorry, I've been really busy with school and I promise, I will eventually edit this chapter! There might be some mistakes, just a warning! I wrote this in like two hours because I just have very little time! So, I hope you like it! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 12/27/14

Click!

I flinched at the cold metal against my skin, anger rising inside of me. An hour after breakfast, Drew had dragged me outside to back porch where he handcuffed me to a heavy, cushioned chair. There weren't any answers to my questions and it was wasting the time I had to escape. An ugly scowl came across my face as he shoved the key into his back pocket, exhaling loudly. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, before looking over his shoulder at his Beta, Cole. He was rocking back and forth on his feet, quietly. His curly, blond hair blew softly with the wind and his eyes wavered from Drew to me, secretly narrowing slightly at me. I wasn't surprised that he was upset I had smashed a vase on his head; he had probably suffered through a long lecture from Drew too.

I wriggled my trapped wrist. "I know how to escape handcuffs, idiot."

"I figured," he said, before frowning. "And, can you stop with the names?"

"Says the one who calls me 'sweetheart'."

"Which isn't offensive, unlike yours."

"Aw, am I hurting your feelings?" I said, forcing a pout. He glared at my bottom lip that curled out and the saddened eyes.

"Wow, I'm really seeing the love in this relationship," Cole blurted, producing a cigarette from his jacket pocket. I watched as he pulled out a purple lighter, tossing it up into the air, before catching it with ease in his palm. Drew narrowed his eyes at him threateningly over his shoulder, though Cole was completely oblivious because he was more focused on lighting his cigarette.

I smirked. "How's your head?"

That captured his attention - he looked at me with a scowl.

Shaking his head, Drew turned his attention back to me. "Don't start anything - look, I have to make some important calls in my office, so just enjoy the fresh air while I'm gone, okay?" Unbelievable. He had handcuffed me to a chair, expecting me to behave, while talking to me as if I was a child. I tried wriggling my wrist free, but it was locked too tight and without a bobby pin, I was stuck pondering ideas on how to escape. "Please, don't be difficult."

"Impossible."

He took a deep breath. "Well, just in case you do escape these handcuffs, Cole and Jay will be out here with you." He gestured towards Cole who took a long drag of his cigarette, then towards Jay who stood behind me, quietly. He lingered in the doorway, his bulky arms folded across his chest, making the veins in his arms pop! Trust me, all he needed was some green spray paint on his skin and he could've easily been mistaken as Hulk's twin brother.

"Seriously?" I drawled, frowning. "I need babysitters?"

"Do you blame me?" he responded, his eyebrows shooting up. I shrugged, honestly understanding where he was coming from. "And, Katie will also be keeping you company, right?"

There, situated in the other cushioned chair on the porch, was Katie. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight, curly ponytail. She was dressed for another long day, wearing a tank, yellow shorts, and flip-flops that rested on the concrete. She wiggled her toes and I noticed her pink, pedicured nails. I hadn't noticed her until Drew mentioned her at that moment; she must have slipped outside when I was busy arguing with him. But, I watched in disgust as Hulk walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Katie forced a smile at me. "Yeah, I have some magazines we can flip through - " she held up three magazines, which were all about dieting. "- and, I have some lemonade we can drink." She gestured towards the small, porch table beside her where four empty glasses rested and a pitcher of strawberry lemonade.

I looked at Drew. "You've got be kidding me."

"I won't be long," he said, stepping away. "I just need to make a few calls."

"About what?"

"It's none of your concern."

"Oh, look who is keeping secrets now."

He hesitated. "Just behave."

"I make no promises."

Frustrated, he shook his head, before looking towards his Beta. Cole released a puff of smoke, watching as it disappeared in swirls. "Keep an eye on her - don't let her escape and make sure Reece doesn't get anywhere near her."

I leaned forward. "Why does that name sound familiar?"

"Gotcha," Cole responded, glancing towards me with narrowed eyes. Drew watched him for a long moment, almost as if he was debating in his head whether or not to trust him. But, then, he glanced over his shoulder at Hulk and nodded to himself, seeming to push away any hesitation about leaving them alone with me. Drew looked at me, his blue eyes wide and filled with an emotion that I couldn't quite place. Inhaling loudly, he turned and walked back into the house, running his fingers through his hair. Still struck in shock that he had handcuffed me to a chair, I decided to slouch, becoming comfortable. Cole played with the cigarette between his fingers, before speaking, "Reece is the one who attacked you in the hallway."

My mind flashed back to the memory; after my first attempt from jumping off a balcony, in which Drew had caught me, I had been limping down the hallway when the werewolf, Reece, had appeared. I remembered his auburn hair and dark eyes that held enough anger to create an earthquake. He ended up fighting against his Alpha, Drew, and throwing me down the hallway, as easily as a baseball. "Oh, him," I mumbled, relaxing. "I think I pissed him off."

"You killed his mate," Katie blurted, looking at me. "He's going through a hard time."

"Don't worry, his mate was a complete bitch," Cole said, before taking another drag of his cigarette. "She always whined and started fights with other girls in the pack over stupid things. I don't miss her at all - I'm glad she's gone."

Katie gasped. "Cole!"

He frowned. "What? You can't honestly tell me that you liked her. . ." Katie hesitated, biting her bottom lip in guilt.

"A lot of people didn't like her, but they're not gloating about her death," Hulk blurted, taking a step forward. "Death isn't something to gloat about."

"Exactly!" Katie said, pointing up at her mate, grinning. Cole rolled his eyes and took another drag of his cigarette as Hulk crushed his lips against his mate's. Disgusted, I looked away from them as Cole began speaking again. "Whatever - I'm just saying, she wasn't a very likeable person."

Tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, Katie picked up an empty glass and grabbed the pitcher beside her. Then, slowly, she poured herself some pink lemonade. I watched as she took a sip and closed her eyes, savoring the sweet taste. She turned her head, looking at me with her brown eyes. "Hey, you want some?"

Truthfully, I wanted some; I was thirsty and my taste-buds were jumping up and down for just a sip. But, instead, I shook my head, pressing my lips firmly together. "I want some," Hulk grumbled, reaching forward and snatching an empty glass. Katie handed him the half-empty pitcher and he poured himself some lemonade, instantly bringing it to his mouth. I swear, after two gulps, there wasn't even half left. With multiple thoughts running through my head, I looked back towards Cole who was squishing his cigarette on the ground with his shoe, pulling out a new one.

"Keep it up and those cigarettes are going to kill you before I can," I said, a smirk tugging on my lips. He looked at me with his new cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth. He started playing with the lighter in-between his fingers.

He shook his head. "These are harmless to me - any damage they do to my organs will eventually heal from the chemicals in my blood."

I raised an eyebrow. "Then, I guess I can look forward to killing you after all."

Amusement danced in his eyes as he took a step forward, taking the cigarette away from his mouth. He began wagging his index finger at me, almost as if I was a troublesome child. "You don't scare me; you caught me off-guard once, but that was because I didn't know what you are capable of. Or, that you come from a family of hunters. And, I have to admit, you're pretty smart - you know, smashing the vase on my head, then jumping from the balcony. Very dangerous, may I add. But, obviously, you're not that smart since you ended up back here."

I gritted my teeth together, realizing he wasn't as friendly as Katie. Though, a part of me knew Cole had a point - I had ended up back there. I mean, look at the situation I was stuck in. I was handcuffed to a chair, which defined the word 'pathetic.' I should've escaped by now; I should've been long gone. If my brother had been in my situation, he would've escaped in the first hour of captivity. Yet, I was struggling. Was I becoming pathetic? Weak? My stomach twisted at the word as I started doubting myself. Reminding myself to keep a calm face, I cleared my throat. "I will escape."

Cole chuckled. "Okay, just don't try tonight."

"Why not?"

Katie looked at me. "It's the full moon."

"And, we can't control ourselves on a full moon," Cole added, even though he knew there was a high chance I already knew that. "That means, if you're running out there in the forest, you'll most likely bump into one of us. And, then, bam! You be dead!" He dragged his finger across his neck, crossing his eyes. He chuckled to himself, before sticking his cigarette into his mouth and lighting it. Hulk glared at him from behind Katie's chair, though I didn't know if it was for his words or his cigarette addiction.

Katie scowled. "Don't make it sound like a joke!"

"I wasn't trying to," Cole responded, shrugging innocently. "I was just saying as it is."

Hulk grumbled to himself, shaking his head. Then, Katie took a sip of her lemonade and looked at me, frustration in her eyes. "Yeah, I don't even know why Alpha Drew chose him as Beta."

Cole rolled his eyes. "Because, we've known each other since we were babies. Speaking of Drew, what the hell is taking him so long?"

"He's making some calls," Katie said, sticking up for her Alpha. "It'll take a while."

He took another long drag of his cigarette. "What's been up with him? He's been attending a lot of meetings and taking hundreds of calls. Wait, you don't think the Redwood Pack is planning on attacking again, do you?" I stayed quiet, listening to their conversation in curiosity. I had heard of the Redwood Pack before - they were a fairly large, yet well-trained pack farther north. I remembered my brother's stories about how they were cruel and needed to be killed, every last one of them.

Hulk shook his head. "No, we fixed our problem with them, remember? With the agreement?"

"Oh, yeah," Cole murmured, kicking the heel of his shoe on the porch. "But, we all know that agreements don't always fix things."

"You think the Redwood Pack is planning something?" Hulk asked, raising an eyebrow.

Cole nodded. "What else could be happening?"

"I'm beginning to worry," Katie whispered, tapping her fingers on her glass. With Hulk watching, she took a long, concerned sip of her lemonade.

"Whatever it is, we don't need to worry," Hulk responded, rubbing one of Katie's shoulders. Slowly, she began to relax from his touch and nodded, putting down her glass. "He's dealing with it."

Cole huffed, narrowing his eyes. "He tells me everything, Jay, but he won't tell me what's going on. He won't tell his own Beta. Do you know what that means? It means that whatever is going on, is bad and we're screwed." Hulk shot him a heated look, which was his way of telling him to shut up to prevent Katie from worrying herself too much.

"You're optimistic," I blurted, shaking my head.

He whirled his head around. "Do you know anything?"

An amused laugh escaped my lips. "I'm just as clueless as you, but to be honest, I don't give a rat's ass about whatever is happening."

"You're a hunter," Cole said, narrowing his eyes. "You have to know if there is some rivaling happening between packs."

"Not really," I told him, glancing around. "I'll admit, some strange things have been happening, but so far, it doesn't seem to be affecting me - so, I don't care."

Katie gulped loudly. "Strange things?"

"Yeah, from what I've heard," I started, nibbling on my bottom lip. "Some hunters have been seeing things and claiming we should be cautious."

"What things?" Katie asked, fearfully.

"I don't know," I answered, honestly. "I was only warned to be careful." Hulk rubbed his jaw, before crouching over the chair and whispering something into his mate's ear. Cole eyed the backyard, then turned his attention to me, pointing an accusing finger. "What? You don't believe me?"

"You're a hunter," he said, stating the obvious. "You're untrustworthy."

"Ouch," I said, rolling my eyes at his offensive comment. "And, I'm not lying - why would I? If I was going to lie, I would lie over something much bigger than this." He watched me, his eyes filled with suspicion. "What I just told you will only make you worry; it isn't going to hurt anything."

Hulk looked at me. "I thought hunters were supposed to be open with each other?"

"You think I'm not telling you everything I know, don't you?" I said, before releasing a quiet laugh. "I wasn't informed about these strange things, Hulk." He growled at his nickname and Katie snatched his hand, murmuring for him to remain calm. "I'm young - hunters don't usually share details until you've been considered an adult to them. They believe there are certain things younger ones can't handle, which I think is complete bullshit."

Katie was humming to herself, probably tuning out in hope of not hearing anymore. Hulk was whispering to her and just as Cole opened his mouth respond, the sound of the sliding glass door came. Everybody turned their heads and froze.

Reece.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 18.9K 38
{CURRENTLY EDITING (hopefully) ALL GRAMMATICAL ERRORS} Rosa Conner is from the Cresent Moon Pack is 16 years old and is childish in every way she lik...
5.6M 153K 38
-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of...
306K 9.1K 37
Mara black has been dreaming of finding her mate, she always though when you find your mate everything was complete and perfect... But that's not alw...
785K 21.6K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...