Sixteen Year Old Vampire

By likethecolour

Never in my life has my mom ever said something so horrible, so disgusting. Never in my sixteen years of livi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13- The Date Part 1
Chapter 13- The Date Part 2
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Special chapter
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue
Prologue has been posted
Update

Chapter 6

204K 4.7K 1.4K
By likethecolour

Chapter 6

The doorbell ranged, and mom told me to get it. I groaned, and basically dragged myself to the door. School just ended, and we just got home. I avoided the principal because for one, I was so exhausted from being chased and being watched, that I didn't have the energy to confront.

"Mom." I whined, half-way to the door. "Why can't Thomas get the door. It's so far away." I sat on the floor. Mom walked out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon in her hand. She waved it around.

"Elizabeth, go get that door. Before I shove this spoon somewhere." My mom has been hanging around Uncle for far too long. I rolled my eyes, and stood up. Okay, Elizabeth. You can do this. You once beat five vamps, when you were just five years old...in human years. And, the five vamps were five too. But, that's beside the point.

You can get that door. And, when you finally get that door you're gonna greet that person. If the person wasn't worth this, than you can always slam the door in their face.

Gosh, my conscious is so...inspiring. Seriously, my conscious should be a motivational speaker. I stood up, and used my vamp speed to reach the door. Mom was still standing there watching me. She shook her head, and walked back into the kitchen.

I looked through the peephole, and my heart dropped. What Is he doing here? I looked around nervous. Mom came back and gave me a stern look, "Elizabeth open the door." I nodded, and she walked back into the kitchen.

I slowly opened the door, and frowned at the face I saw. I looked around to make sure that this was real. And, that Collin was actually on my doorstep. With a dish filled with macaroni and cheese.

"Uh, Collin? What are you doing here?" I asked and his cheeks turned pink. I stood there patiently waiting for him to answer my question.

"I-I...uh, my mom thought it would be nice, to send over some food. Macaroni and cheese. She wants to have you guys over, for dinner. Tomorrow night." Mom came out of the kitchen,

"Babe, who is it?" I rolled my eyes at my mom, and gestured towards Collin,

"Mom this is Collin. I go to school with him. He brought food." Mom smirked, and basically checked Collin out. "Collin this is my mom." I made the appropriate hand gestures.

"Collin please come inside. I just made spaghetti." She gestured for him to come inside. And, he did. I bet this was a dream come true for him. To look inside the 'haunted house'.

When Collin wasn't looking, mom mouthed 'He's hot' to me. I rolled my eyes,

"Collin's mom invited us for dinner. Tomorrow night." I said, watching as Collin stared at our family portrait. It was made about a hundred years ago. But, he doesn't need to know that.

"Oh, did she?" Mom questioned, "That would be lovely. I can't really turn down an offer for food." Collin chuckled. Collin and mom began talking. I was still trying to convince myself that Collin was actually in my house.

"Mom, Is someone at the door-" Thomas stopped when he noticed Collin standing by my mom. Collin jumped, and I held back a smirk,

"Woah, I didn't even hear you come down the stairs." Thomas visibly paled. Collin laughed, and we did too. Ours, we're of course, fake.

"Yeah, I wanted to scare the girls. I didn't mean to freak you out, buddy." Thomas said, his color coming back. Collin nodded smiling. I sighed, this is so weird.

"So Collin, would you like to come join us for dinner. Like I said earlier, it's spaghetti." Mom said politely. Collin shook his head, after hesitating.

"I wish I could, but I can't. I have to go to my little brothers play, today. I'm sorry." Mom just nodded. She gently took the macaroni and cheese, as Collin handed it to her. Mom gestured for me to walk Collin out of the door.

I nodded, "I'll walk you out, Collin." I said, and Thomas smirked and started to wiggle his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes and started to walk Collin out. Gosh, this is so awkward. Is this how the humans feel?

"So, I know I said that I came over here for my mom. But, to be honest my mom was going to bring the food over, and invite you. I volunteered to come, because I wanted to see you." My eyes grew, but I made sure I showed no other reaction.

"Really?" I opened the front door, and he stepped out. "Why would you want to see me?" I said, with curiosity in my voice. Collin cleared his throat, I heard him swallow. I bit back a smirk.

"There's this movie out, and it's filled with action. But, if you don't want to see an action movie that's fine, too. I just....what I'm trying to say is, would you like to hang out with me. Friday night. As friends of course. I have a girlfriend." Woah, was I just asked out. By a human? My eyes drifted, as I tried to think of a nice way to say no. My eyes grew when I noticed Ashton standing beside Mom's car.

"Ashton." I said, and he just smirked. He started to walk our way, and my heart beat increased with every step he took.

"Ashton? You and Ashton are a thing? Oh." My eyes drifted to Collin, who looked like his heart broke in two. I frowned, slightly. Doesn't he have a girlfriend? I was going to say something, when suddenly an arm was wrapped around my shoulder.

"Yes we are. I heard you asking out my girlfriend, and I just wanted to let you know that she's not free Friday night. We're gonna be doing something. Like normal couples." Collin shook his head,

"You and him." He looked at me. I opened my mouth to speak, but Ashton beat me to it,

"Is that a problem, Collin. I don't say shit about you dating the schools she-devil." Collins eyes grew, but Ashton wasn't finished, "I'm sorry, Collin. You were too late." Collin frowned,

"I wasn't asking Beth out. I just wanted to hang out with her, as friends. Like I said, earlier. We're friends. And, I do have a girlfriend." Ashton nodded,

"Well, you should go to your girlfriend. While I tend to mine. Who knows? Maybe, I'll even tag on tomorrow night." My eyes grew, along with Collin's. I felt my mom, and Thomas's presence by the front door. And, by the way Ashton tensed, I know he did too.

"Hopefully, that won't be the case. I really have to go. Bye Beth. Ashton." With one last glare directed towards Ashton, Collin walked away. Actually, he walked across the street, into his home. Ashton and I didn't speak a word, until his front door closed. I turned to him,

"When did I become your girlfriend? Last time I checked, we hated each other." I said frowning at him. Ashton shook his head,

"No, your brother and I hate each other. You and I have the potential to create something." I raised an eyebrow at Ashton, but he just turned towards my home. He hummed,

"So, this is the house you've been living in for the past two hundred years? The haunted house." I glared at him, but he remained unfazed. I would really love to slap him right now. I guess other vamps who aren't family, bring out my anger. Or, maybe it's just Ashton.

"It's not haunted. And, it's only been a hundred years. Look Ashton, I don't know why you're here. But, you need to go before my brother comes out. You wouldn't want to cause a scene, now would you?" He shook his head, but took a few steps towards the front door.

"I'm here to talk to you and your family. You guys aren't the only vamps here." My eyes grew, and I remembered the principal,

"There are more vamps? More than just you and the principal?" Ashton's eyebrows raised, when I mentioned the principal. He seemed surprised that I already knew.

"I think we should speak inside. It'll be more private." He said speaking more seriously. I nodded, and we walked towards the front door. Before, Ashton reached the door, it swung open. Revealing a very angry older brother.

"You're not coming inside. You're not stepping inside of my house. Elizabeth, I thought I told you to stay away from this dog." Ashton snarled, revealing his fangs. Thomas extended his fangs right back. Mom stepped out, looking shocked,

"Thomas, I've never seen you like this. Stop, and go inside. I'm sure there's a reason that this young man is here." To be honest, I was shocked too. I've never really seen Thomas angry, or overprotective before. It's kind of funny, seeing Thomas angry.

"Moms right, Thomas. Go inside, and drink some tea or something." With one last glare directed towards Ashton. Thomas reluctantly, walked inside. Mom smiled at Ashton who pushed his fangs back in,

"Now, come inside." We both nodded, and walked inside. When we came inside, mom shut the door. Mom gestured, towards the living room. Thomas was already seated there, chewing on a few ice cubes. If the air didn't feel so serious, I would've laughed at his grumpy face.

"Sit." We both sat down on the sofa. Me beside Thomas, and Ashton beside me. Mom sat across from us. We heard a toilet flush, and a door open. We all looked over at Uncle, who was whistling with a newspaper in his hand. We all looked confused. Vampires don't really use the bathroom, it's rare when we do. Uncle gave us a sheepish grin,

"I've been holding that in for twenty hours straight. So, I wouldn't recommend going in that bathroom for at least a month. Luckily, you guys have more bathrooms in this castle." Uncle joked. When he noticed no one laughed, he let out a low, long whistle.

"Well, this is awkward. I'm gonna be upstairs. Most likely listening to your conversation. Have fun." With that said, uncle walked upstairs, whistling. I cracked a small smile. Uncle is so weird.

"You're inside now. Start talking." Mom said, looking questionably at Ashton. Ashton cleared his throat,

"Well, you see. The vampires that live in this town have created a sort of pack, like wolves. We stick together, and let people join. And, we protect the town. I've looked through our records, and even though you guys have been here for a hundred years, you're not apart of the pack." Mom nodded,

"The leader of your pack knows that we're here, though. He's a friend, and he knew we were...grieving about what happened. So, he let us stay." This whole conversation was confusing. Pack? Like wolves? This feels like another twilight movie.

"Yes, well I kind of talk to him about it. And, we both agree that you have done enough grieving, and it's about time you join the pack." Moms eyes grew. She opened her mouth to speak, but Ashton continued,

"The leader has recently found his mate. And, they're throwing a ceremony. This friday. He wants you guys to come to the ceremony, to get to know people. And, help welcome his mate." Now, I was very confused.

"What is a mate?" I questioned softly. Mom eyes grew, like she just suddenly remembered I was there. Did mom know about this stuff, and didn't tell us? Judging by the look in her eyes, the answer is yes.

"A mate." Ashton said, making my eyes snap to his, "Is kind of like a soulmate. You can't live without each other." He was staring at me intently. I raised an eyebrow when he continued to stare. Suddenly, it felt like it was just him and I in the room. That changed, when Thomas cleared his throat. I looked away from Ashton. My cheeks felt hot.

"I'm still confused." I said softly, mom nodded, "I'll explain everything later." I nodded, hating the fact that mom knew about this stuff, and didn't even tell us. That's just messed up.

"Well, if we must then I guess we'll go. Thanks for telling us, Ashton." Mom said, nodding at him. He nodded back. His eyes returned to me,

"I'll see you tomorrow." He glared at Thomas, and walked out. When I heard the door shut I turned to mom, "What's going on? With this pack thing? And, the mate thing?" I asked and mom scratched the back of her neck, awkwardly,

"The mate thing, I'll explain later. When you're ready. And, the pack thing is simple. The vampires in this town created a pack. A group, that protects the town. There's a leader, and a second in command. Just like wolves." I nodded, understanding now.

"Oh okay. I get it now." Mom nodded, and smiled.

"Now go in the kitchen. I didn't make this spaghetti for nothing. You too, Thomas." Thomas nodded, but made no room to leave. Mom left and I turned to Thomas,

"You need to calm down. Ashton just wanted to talk about this pack thing. That's all." Thomas shook his head, and sighed,

"Is there something going on between you two?" He suddenly asked. My eyes grew, and I shook my head. What in the world?

"No." I answered quickly with confidence, "Why?" I questioned. Thomas shook his head,

"I just feel like there is. It was just a feeling." He stood up, and walked towards the kitchen. When he noticed that I was still seated, he raised an eyebrow,

"You coming." I nodded, "In a sec." He nodded, and walked into the kitchen. I sighed, and stared at the empty seat, Ashton was just seated in. I could even smell, his manly smell. Cologne, and musk. I liked it. I took I'm a deep breath, one question running through my mind.

What are mates?

__________________Its been a week___________________

I've been in Washington D.C. For the last week. Since Monday, actually. I just got back. It was so fun. The taxi drivers, drive crazy. This one taxi driver was smoking, while he was driving. And, he was sitting back casually like he wasn't smoking a cigarette while driving like a maniac. I know that New York taxi drivers, drive worst than that.

I rode a subway for the first time, and many times after that. They're fast. Also, everyone either walks, takes a subway, or a bus. Or, drive. I love it. The hotels pool was small. The room smelled like...bleach. It was hot and humid in the room. But, the air conditioner was on, and the pool was cold. So, it was cold and hot. I was in the jacuzzi during most of it.

I was in the gym room with a few friends, and I saw this guy. He had amazing eyes and we kept making eye contact. It made me think, 'Wow. Even in Washington I still have game.' Anyway, he spoke a different language. I don't know what it was, but I know they spoke English, also.

We rode a train there and back. A ten or twelve hour ride. My butt was numb most of the time, but it was my first time riding a train. It was pretty cool. Bought a whole bunch of Obama stuff, and Washington stuff. Even got a shirt from forever 21 and a Y.O.L.O necklace. So, I spent most of my money.

Anyway, that's where I've been. I hope you guys like the chapter. I've missed this story. Even if it's only been a week.

Books of the moment: The Girl who cried wolf, The bad boy and the nerd, Started with a lie, and Dorm Room 210

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

....MESSAGE?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 167 34
This is my life no one can change that. I'm just a girl who gave up on a dream. So I could just be a mom. Something I never had as a kid. As i got ol...
0 0 4
"Felix, we're moving ," she didn't say it quite like that but it was all I got from that conversation, I was shocked, and who wouldn't this so sudden...
4.4K 131 29
Just an average teenager living threw one hell of a life but with my uncle by my side I have nothing to lose right?....well that's what I thought unt...
16 3 4
In a declining, pre-apocalyptic city where vampire/human society is barely hanging on by a thread, Elise, who is just a human, gets to attend the onl...