Haywire ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK FOUR ] ❝ we are always so fascinated when the brain goes haywire. ❞ The McCall pack has been through t... More

disclaimer
Chapter 1. Parasomnia
Chapter 2. Highly Suspicious Behavior
Chapter 3. He Skateboards
Chapter 4. Aiding and Abetting
Chapter 5. Agree to Disagree
Chapter 6. Rules of The Wild Kingdom
Chapter 7. Game Changer
Chapter 8. Condition Terminal
Chapter 9. Conservation
Chapter 10. The Dread Doctors
Chapter 11. Theo Raeken Boycott
Chapter 12. Asthma Attack
Chapter 13. Another Chimera
Chapter 14. Strange Frequencies
Chapter 15. Disease
Chapter 16. Goner
Chapter 17. Losing Momentum
Chapter 18. Bloody Hands
Chapter 19. Humanity
Chapter 20. The Supermoon
Chapter 21. Broken Hearts Club
Chapter 22. Team Bad
Chapter 23. Blood Stains
Chapter 24. Surprise Bitch
Chapter 25. Mad Hatter
Chapter 27. Never Let Go
Chapter 28. Crazy Town
Chapter 29. Trapped
Chapter 30. Rescue Mission
Chapter 31. Martyr
Chapter 32. Reunited
Chapter 33. Defined V-Line
Chapter 34. Charity Game
Chapter 35. What a Lovely Name
Chapter 36. Baby, Let Me
Chapter 37. ut se obliviscatur
Chapter 38. Enjoy The Show

Chapter 26. Dark Actions

18.4K 765 664
By simplystiles-

"Anyone seen Stiles or Scott McCall? I can't be the only one who thinks it's slightly coincidental they're both sick on the same day." 

I glanced up from the paper on my desk at my teacher who was staring at the empty seats of my boyfriend and brother. I bit down on my lip as she stood in front of my desk, "Kasey, can you tell me why your brother isn't here today?" 

"He wasn't feeling well this morning, my mom told him to take a day off and rest. As for Stiles, I don't know why he's not here." I lied smoothly, praying that she wouldn't force the conversation further because there is only so much I can say until she realizes that I'm lying to her. 

She nodded, "And Lydia Martin wasn't in class today either, care to enlighten me on as to why?" 

I winced slightly because Lydia was currently in Eichen House due to her mother being a complete idiot and sending her away. Had Natalie not notified the school about her daughters whereabouts? Surely she would have to call or something to let them know that she put her daughter in a psychiatric hospital with less than stellar reviews. 

"She won't be in for awhile. Medical issues." Theo stated, answering the question that had been directed at myself. 

I gritted my teeth together at his smug remark. He was the reason that she is in Eichen House in the first place, because he tried to steal her memories. He tried to do something that he had absolutely no background knowledge about whatsoever and he completely screwed Lydia's mind up. 

Movement in the classroom doorway caught my eye and I glanced over to see Malia standing there. She was looking at Theo and myself and the sight of her just ignited a flame of hatred inside my chest. I'm still very upset with her for developing feelings for Stiles, she should have known to either keep to herself about it or just not have feelings for him at all... but her dumbass decided to catch feelings and then tell me about it. 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

Class ended all of three minutes ago and I was breezing through the hallway quickly, trying to get to the library so I could spend my free period either studying, taking a nap, or trying to figure out what the hell is going on with me. My mission to get to the library was rudely interrupted when Malia stepped directly in front of me, causing me to halt my advance and narrow my eyes. 

What is with people today and trying to force me into conversations with them?

"What?" I asked in annoyance. 

Malia folded her arms over her chest, "You're ignoring me." 

"Wow, very perceptive. You want a fucking cookie?" I snapped, trying to make my way around her, but she followed my movements and prevented me from doing so. 

She sighed, "Kasey, you have got to talk to me. You're pushing everyone away." 

"No, I'm not." I stated through a clenched jaw, "I'm pushing away Scott, because he thinks I'm some kind of monster that's killing people in the middle of the night and I'm pushing you away because you have feelings for my boyfriend which is like the worst kind of betrayal a best friend can make." 

Malia frowned as she blinked rapidly, "I didn't want to fall for Stiles, okay? It just kind of happened. I can't control it... but I'm not going to try and steal him away from you or anything like that. You two have helped me through a lot and what kind of person does that make me if I deliberately sabotage your relationship?" 

"Oh, so you've thought about it?" I scoffed, "Look, Malia, I get this is all new to you, the whole fighting and not speaking thing, but it's pretty easy to pick up. You just don't talk to me. You don't look at me, you don't even waste your time thinking about me. That's how it works."

She began to shake her head from side to side, "I don't wanna do that. I want to talk to you. I want to try and work through this. Me falling for Stiles cannot be what destroys our friendship, our bond." 

"You really are not listening to me," I sighed in annoyance. 

Her eyes widened considerably, "No, I'm not! Because you want to end this over something so stupid! It's just a crush, that's it. I'm sure it will pass. You really cannot be serious about completely writing me off because of this." 

There was a small crowd forming around us in the hallway and I awkwardly glanced around, taking in the intrigued expressions from our fellow students. I'm sure they'd love to see a fight, hell, I'd love to give them one... but I know that it's probably best to keep my head down and just walk away from this. I don't want to get suspended from school and cause more problems than we already have. 

"Malia, I'm done." I stated with finality as I turned on my heel and began to walk away. 

Her fingers barely grazed the top of my shoulder blade before something in my head was switched and I whirled around, my hand making a fist that collided with her jaw. Malia was stunned into silence, grabbing her face while I just stood there gawking at her and at my outstretched hand. What the hell did I just do? 

"Okay, and we're done here." Liam stated, emerging from the crowd and grabbing my forearm, pulling me away from the scene. 

My hand was throbbing and my heart was accelerating in my chest. I cannot believe that I just hit Malia in the face. I have no idea what came over me but it felt like I literally was being controlled by somebody else. Any and all movements that were made were against my will. Just like my actions this morning with dodging Stiles' call and not returning it. There is something seriously wrong with me. 

Liam had pulled me outside and down the sidewalk towards the library. I was breathing erratically as the weight of situation began to settle within myself. I swallowed thickly as I stopped moving and just looked at Liam, "I--I didn't want to hit her." 

"Well, you did hit her... you hit her very hard." Liam stated awkwardly, glancing over his shoulder at the people that were watching us intently. 

I let out a shaky breath as I looked at my hands, "Liam, that wasn't me." 

"Hitting her? Yeah, well you've been acting really different lately, Kasey. I'm not surprised that you went off and hit her. You're not yourself." he said nervously, and he was right. 

These past few days I've been acting like a completely different person. I'm saying and doing things that I normally wouldn't. I'm lashing out at people and pushing them away and now I'm actually hitting them? I don't know how to explain what's happening, but the only thing I can think is that I'm being controlled by something else, or rather someone else. I'm not Kasey right now. 

My eyes widened considerably as I looked at him, "You can't tell Scott or Stiles about this." 

"Why not? What about Malia? I'm sure she'll tell them..." Liam stated slowly, not following with my train of thought. 

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair nervously, "You're probably right... hell, she's probably on the phone with one of them right now. God! This is such a mess." 

"Kasey, what's going on?" he asked tentatively, because he didn't have the full story here. Technically, I don't even have the full story. I just have bits and pieces that kind of add to the story. I'm getting closer to having an answer, but I'm still in the beginning stages. 

My throat was dry as I blinked rapidly, "There's a voice in my head that's not mine... it's making me do and say things, Liam. I'm not crazy." 

"Whoa, okay this is a Scott and Stiles problem, I can't say or do much to help you here." Liam said in a panic, not used to caliber of this disaster. 

I sighed, "I know... but every time I'm near Scott it's like that voice just completely takes over and I turn into this awful person. I don't know how to stop it, but Scott is like a trigger for it."

"Kasey, this doesn't sound good... like, at all." Liam said slowly. 

I swallowed thickly, "I know." 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

I went straight home after school, after hitting Malia in the face I knew that whatever is inside of me is dangerous. I decided to call Stiles back, because I owe it to him and the voice seems to be relatively quiet right now so it's not stopping me. Stiles answered on the second ring.

"Hey, I've been trying to get a hold of you all day." he said with a chuckle. 

I cleared my throat nervously, "I know, I've been busy... sorry. Did you find Kira yet?" 

"No, not yet. We just stopped and got some gas." Stiles said in response. 

I let out a sigh, "When you get back, we need to talk." 

"Okay... about what? You're scaring me." Stiles said slowly, and I could hear the fear in his voice. 

I was pacing around my bedroom as I said, "There is something wrong with me, well you already knew that, but it's worse than we thought." 

"What do you mean by 'worse than we thought'?" he asked in confusion. 

The situation was starting to weigh heavily on my chest and it was getting harder to breathe. I knew that something was very much wrong and that we didn't have an inkling of an idea of how to fix it... and Scott and Stiles are miles away and can't help me right now. The only person that knows an extent of what's going on is Liam, and he's not going to be able to help me at all. How in the holy hell am I supposed to help myself? I usually rely on Stiles for this sort of thing and now he's not here. 

"I mean that I woke up covered in blood again and I'm hearing voices in my head and I punched Malia in the face today." I rambled, not thinking my statement through before blurting it out to him. 

I had wanted to keep the Malia thing in the dark for now, but it's probably best that he knows. If there is one thing that I've learned it's that it's dangerous to keep secrets from Stiles, so I'm trying to not do it anymore. 

Stiles was silent for a moment before he said, "Okay... well for starters, how much blood?"

"Enough to cover my shirt and a section of my sheets." I supplied the answer to his question rather quickly. 

He sighed, "Alright, what are the voices saying?" 

"Bad things... like, things for me to do to intentionally hurt people for no reason whatsoever." I said quietly, not wanting to speak too loudly, although Scott could probably hear me anyway. 

Stiles clicked his tongue, "And you punched Malia in the face?"

"Yes." I dead-panned. 

He muttered something under his breath that I didn't quite catch and then said, "Alright, we'll talk when I get back. I'm gonna have to tell Scott, okay? So, don't get mad at me but he needs to know. Unless, you'd rather tell him?" 

"No, no. Go ahead and tell him. I don't feel like talking to him." I rushed out nervously, because I knew the second I heard his voice that switch would flip and mean Kasey would come back out to play. 

My boyfriend let out one final sigh before he said, "I'm starting to get a bad connection, I'll try to call you when we find Kira. Kase, just stay inside and lay down or something. Don't think too much and try not to stress yourself out. We'll figure this out, we always do." 

"Okay. I love you." I mumbled. 

Stiles chuckled softly, "I love you too, babe." 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

This was quite possibly the worst idea that I've ever had. I know that it's more than likely going to end up biting me in the ass one way or another but I need answers and the only person that I can think to go to is Theo. Believe me, I wouldn't be going to him if I had any other options but this morning at school I could tell that he knew something and he wasn't telling me about it. I need to know what he knows. I'm going to get it out of him one way or another. 

I was sitting on the front step of my porch, waiting anxiously for Theo to arrive. I called him about fifteen minutes ago telling him that we needed to talk and he actually agreed to meet me. I know it's not going to be easy to get the information out of him but I'm hoping maybe I can get enough to just add to what I already know. Judging by how he was acting at school earlier, I can tell that I did something pretty bad because he looked scared and confused. I can only imagine what it could be that he saw me doing. 

Headlights washed over my face and I glanced up to see his truck pulling into the driveway. My mom still wasn't home so it was just me right now. I sighed as I stood up and approached him, he hopped out of the drivers side and smirked when he saw me, "Long time no see." 

"Cut the crap, Theo." I dead-panned, "I called you because I need your help." 

Theo chuckled, "Kasey McCall, actually asking for my help? Man, I better write today's date down or something because this never happens." 

I narrowed my eyes in annoyance, "Look, you know something and you're gonna tell me whatever it is because I need answers and you seem to be the only person that has them." 

"I don't have the answers you want," he stated evenly, "The Dread Doctor's have what you want, I just have a little fraction of what they know." 

I scoffed, "Yeah, well, I'm not going and seeking them out willingly. After my last run-in with them, I'm set for awhile. Just tell me what you know and you can make this so much easier on yourself."

"What are you going to do? Kick my ass again?" he asked with an amused laugh. 

I shrugged, "If that's what it takes." 

"Kasey, why don't you tell me what's going on and maybe I'll help you figure it out... like you said, I only know some things, not everything." Theo stated evenly, and I could tell this was a dangerous route to take. 

He wants me to give him information and I'm not sure if I want to do that. When it comes to information, Theo is dangerous. He knows more than we all know about The Dread Doctor's and the chimera's and everything else that has been going on lately. He knows way more than we do and if I tell him what's going on with me, then he may be able to put the answer together faster than I can and I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. 

I don't trust Theo in the slightest, the only reason I asked him for help was because I knew he would at least show up because he is trying to get an advantage over us. He's the bad guy here, and I have to keep that in mind while I decide to share certain things with him. 

Theo sighed and took a step closer to me, "Look, I know that you think I'm still the bad guy here... but right now, there are no good guys and bad guys. It's either live or die, and honestly I want to live... so if you want me to help you survive too, you gotta at least learn to trust me." 

"What do you mean?" I asked skeptically, because this argument struck a chord in my chest and I knew that I needed to listen to what he was saying. 

He licked at his lips as his eyes moved to the sky, "The last chimera, isn't like us--" 

"I'm not like you." I cut him off instantly, not allowing him to lump us together in the same category. Even though Theo and I were very similar with our supernatural state of being, that didn't mean that I wanted to be associated with him in that way.

Theo rolled his eyes, "Yes you are, more than you'd like to admit... but like I was saying, it's not like us, they turned it into something powerful, more powerful than all of us combined... something that we need to work together to destroy because if we don't, it'll kill everyone." 

"The beast..." I said quietly. 

His eyes widened, "How did you know that?" 

"Know what?" I asked in confusion. 

"The beast," he said quickly, "how did you know it was called the beast?" 

I shrugged, "It's just what I've been calling it. What the hell is it?" 

"Something dangerous... and I think you're connected to it." Theo said, finally revealing some information that I didn't have. 

It would make sense, though... because if I was connected to it then I would be there when it kills people, thus resulting in me being covered in blood. It would make sense because I keep dreaming about it, and maybe I'm not really dreaming maybe those are my real memories that I'm having because in the middle of the night I turn into something else. The voice in my head. The mean and evil thoughts that I'm having. 

Everything is starting to make sense. 

I'm connected to the beast. 

I don't know how or why or what my purpose even is, but I have to be connected to it. That is the only logical explanation that I can think of. It makes sense. For once something that Theo said makes sense and he's not just making it up to get an advantage. He is actually sharing information with me.

"When The Dread Doctor's took me and were experimenting on me... do you think they were trying to make me the beast and I failed? That has got to be what all the chimeras are, they are just failed attempts at being the beast, but how come you and I are the only two that survived? You and I didn't die. They didn't kill us..." I rambled my thought process out loud, because that was easier that trying to comprehend it out loud. 

Theo cleared his throat, "Hey, I don't know why they kept you alive or why you didn't die, but I don't think they were trying to make you the beast. I think they turned you into something else, they wanted you to be something else." 

"Do you know what I am?" I asked suddenly, because Theo had a tendency to know things and keep them to himself because he was all about having advantages. 

He was silent for a moment and I could tell that he was contemplating saying something and finally he sighed, "I have an idea, but I'm not sure." 

"You just said we had to work together, work with me here, Theo." I pleaded, because this was the most information I've gotten about myself in the history of forever. 

Any other time something is wrong with me and I try to find the answers I can never find them, but right now in this moment I am able to get some information that is actually helpful. I don't want to stop asking questions because God forbid if I do, I may never get answers like this again. 

Theo swallowed thickly, "Kasey, I know you don't like me and I know you think I'm evil and that's fine, go ahead and think that... but I can't tell you anything else. I just can't. Trust me, I'm only doing this to protect you." 

"How is keeping me in the dark protecting me? When has being ignorant on a subject been helpful? Theo, you have got to tell me everything you know about this." I said adamantly. 

He shook his head from side to side and made his way back to his truck, "I've said enough. Look, stop trying to solve this. I'll figure it out and I'll save you, remember, I'm not the bad guy anymore." 

"Theo, wait!" I yelled in a panic, because this is not how I wanted this conversation to end. 

He ignored me and climbed into his truck, closing the door and starting up the vehicle before backing out of my driveway and driving down the street. I let out a defeated sigh and plopped down back onto my front porch step. I have no idea why Theo wants to try and protect me but for some reason he does. Hell, this could just be a tactic to play a mind game on me. Theo is the bad guy and he always will be the bad guy, that much I know. 

______________________________________________________________

ANOTHER UPDATE? HOLY CRAP

I KNOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER! I HAVEN'T DONE THIS IN AWHILE. THIS EPISODE WAS SHITTY TO WRITE BECAUSE STILES AND SCOTT ARE GONE AND SO KASEY IS KIND OF JUST BY HERSELF BUT YOU GOT SOME INFORMATION ABOUT KASEY A LITTLE BIT AND HOPEFULLY YOU'RE EXCITED FOR IT, BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I AM. BE SURE TO FAN VOTE AND COMMENT. I HIT 10K EARLIER BUT I LOST IT BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE UNFOLLOWED ME SO IF YOU ARE A GHOST READER PLEASE MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND FOLLOW ME!!! I WANT MY 10K BACK, LOL. 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, IT MEANS A LOT. REMEMBER TO FAN VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THOUGHT! XX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 20 24
The sequel to Alexander McCall, the new protector of beacon hills. In this installment Alex and his pack face new threats and gain new allies, they w...
14.8K 457 18
Book 3 of The Omega Series. Will the close friends of the McCall pack ever catch a break? The teens have already fought an Alpha werewolf and a Kani...
370K 14K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...
10.9K 410 11
Theo Raeken thinks he can just continue living his life in his truck. After all, there's nobody out there who cares about him, right? And sure, he'll...