Haywire ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK FOUR ] ❝ we are always so fascinated when the brain goes haywire. ❞ The McCall pack has been through t... More

disclaimer
Chapter 1. Parasomnia
Chapter 2. Highly Suspicious Behavior
Chapter 3. He Skateboards
Chapter 4. Aiding and Abetting
Chapter 5. Agree to Disagree
Chapter 6. Rules of The Wild Kingdom
Chapter 7. Game Changer
Chapter 8. Condition Terminal
Chapter 9. Conservation
Chapter 10. The Dread Doctors
Chapter 11. Theo Raeken Boycott
Chapter 12. Asthma Attack
Chapter 13. Another Chimera
Chapter 14. Strange Frequencies
Chapter 15. Disease
Chapter 16. Goner
Chapter 17. Losing Momentum
Chapter 18. Bloody Hands
Chapter 19. Humanity
Chapter 20. The Supermoon
Chapter 21. Broken Hearts Club
Chapter 22. Team Bad
Chapter 23. Blood Stains
Chapter 24. Surprise Bitch
Chapter 26. Dark Actions
Chapter 27. Never Let Go
Chapter 28. Crazy Town
Chapter 29. Trapped
Chapter 30. Rescue Mission
Chapter 31. Martyr
Chapter 32. Reunited
Chapter 33. Defined V-Line
Chapter 34. Charity Game
Chapter 35. What a Lovely Name
Chapter 36. Baby, Let Me
Chapter 37. ut se obliviscatur
Chapter 38. Enjoy The Show

Chapter 25. Mad Hatter

18.8K 723 576
By simplystiles-

"I still think you should come with us," Stiles sighed as he pulled something out from underneath the hood of his jeep. 

Him and Scott are heading off to Shiprock New Mexico to find Kira and bring her back to Beacon Hills. In order to do that though, Stiles needed to fix a few things with his jeep. I still think he should just start saving up for either a new car or for the list of repairs that it needs... but he said he has more important things to worry about. I opted out on the little road trip, mainly because I didn't want to be stuck with Scott for that amount of time. The anger inside of me is starting to come back through and I don't think it's a good idea for me to be around Scott until I can get it back under control. 

I grabbed a wrench out of his toolbox and handed it over to him, "Someone needs to hold the fort down here." 

"Yeah, but that someone doesn't have to be you." he pointed out as he grabbed the wrench and began twisting something with it. 

The fact that there is this beast running around Beacon Hills is slightly alarming, and someone has to stay here and keep an eye out for it. Plus, I already seem to have some sort of connection with it so it makes sense for me to stay here and try to get some answers. Isn't that Stiles wants? Isn't that what everyone wants? 

I shrugged, "I don't really want to be with Scott, either." 

"Kasey," my boyfriend sighed as he looked up at me, "you're going to have to forgive him eventually, or at least be open to the idea of forgiving him." 

My eyes narrowed slightly, "I don't have to do anything. Just because you're ready to let him back in doesn't mean that I have to do it, too. He messed up and he's going to have to face the consequences." 

"I guess so," he breathed out in defeat, giving the jeep his attention. 

Liam had showed up about five minutes ago and Stiles had directed him inside to talk to my brother. I haven't seen or heard from Liam since the night he almost killed Scott. Even though I'm mad at Scott, I'm also mad at Liam for trying to kill him. Scott is still my brother, even though he's being a complete idiot right now, that doesn't make him any less my brother. So, obviously I would feel some anger towards the person who tried to kill him over a girl he barely knew for less than a month.

I had half a mind to listen into their conversation, but I planned on having my own talk with Liam once Scott and Stiles were ready to leave. A part of me wants to tag along just for Stiles' sake... but I know that it's for the best if I stay here. I don't want to possibly make the situation between Scott and I worse because I'm not in the mood to take his shit right now. 

"Why did you tell him about me being in the communication towers?" I asked suddenly, because the question had been in my mind since he said it. 

Not only did I want to keep Scott in the dark about it, but I wanted to be the one to tell him whenever I decided to do it. Stiles just took it upon himself to give out some information that wasn't his to give out. It made me regret even telling him in the first place because it put the idea of me being the beast into Scott's head. I know Scott, and he's not going to let it go unless he physically sees who the beast turns into and then he would be able to tell that it wasn't me.

Stiles sighed in exasperation, "I didn't want to keep any secrets." 

"Well, that wasn't exactly your secret to be sharing." I pointed out, folding my arms over my chest and raising an eyebrow as I waited for him to respond. 

His shoulders tensed slightly as he continued to work on the jeep, "Just because you wanted to keep him in the dark, didn't mean that I wanted to do it, too." 

"So, where exactly do you stand with Scott?" I decided to change the topic, because it feels like he is switching sides on me and I don't like. 

Not less than 24 hours ago we were both on the same side when it came to keeping Scott out of things because we wanted to work without him. We were both angry with him. Now, it seems like I'm the only one that is still angry and I don't like it. Stiles has switched to Scott's side over mine and it's pissing me off. I always take his side, so that should mean by default that he always takes my side. 

He decided to look up at me this time, "He's my best friend." 

"Okay? He's my brother... that doesn't mean that I'm completely over what he did." I stated evenly. 

The back door decided to swing open at that moment and Scott walked over to us, his bag in his hand. He glanced between Stiles and myself in confusion, "What did I miss?" 

"Nothing. I was just leaving." I muttered as I turned on my heel and made my way back into the house. They can go to Shiprock without me. I'm definitely not going now. 

As I walked through the kitchen, I caught sight of a very distraught Liam standing in the threshold to the living room. When he saw me his eyes widened considerably. I smirked, "Don't look so surprised to see me, I do live here." 

"What? I know... I just haven't, uh, seen you in awhile." he stated nervously. 

I nodded once, "Yeah, I heard you've been keeping to yourself after you tried to kill Scott." 

"So, they told you about that?" he sighed as he ran his hands over his face awkwardly. 

Did he honestly think that they wouldn't tell me? Is he stupid? 

"Yeah, they did." I responded harshly. 

Liam bit down on his lip, "You kind of hate me now, don't you?" 

"Let's get one thing straight, Liam." I stated as I took a step towards him, "If anyone is going to kill my brother, it's gonna be me. So, next time you get your little were puppy undies in a twist, don't go trying to kill my brother, because the outcome won't go so smoothly for you." 

He swallowed thickly, "Kasey--" 

"I'm not done." I snapped feverishly, my anger was taking over and sadly Liam was going to have to take in most of it because he's the closest one and plus I am mad at him, too. I was now standing an inch away from him, "Scott saved your life, whether you believe it or not, he did. He's done a lot for you, we all have, and the way you repay him is attempting to kill him over a girl that you hardly know? A girl that you used to hate? He's gonna forgive you eventually, because that's the type of person that Scott is... me on the other hand, I'm not so forgiving." 

Liam was speechless as he just stared at me, letting my rage sink in. It felt good to get a sort-of release off of this volcanic anger. I know snapping at him and saying harsh things doesn't help the situation much, but I'm not thinking logically right now. 

"Glad we had this talk." I stated as I turned around and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. 

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be doing tonight, but I have a copy of the security footage from the communication towers saved on my laptop so I can analyze it further. Not that I think I'll find anything that Stiles didn't already point out, but it doesn't hurt to watch over it a few more times. Maybe I'll take a trip back down to the communication towers and see if there is anything else there that we could have missed. Our investigation in the tunnels did get cut rather short due to Theo's unannounced visit. 

Liam shifted his weight uncomfortably from foot to foot, "Hayden's alive." 

I quirked an eyebrow in response, "Really? Let me guess, she's part of the no longer dead chimera pack ran by yours truly, Theo Raeken?" 

"How'd you know?" he asked softly, obviously this was a touchy subject for the little guy. 

The water bottle was placed on the counter as I turned to face him, "We had a run-in with him and a few others, Hayden wasn't there. I wonder how many he brought back.." 

"Well, I know that Hayden, Corey and Josh are all back for sure." Liam supplied some helpful information. 

I nodded to myself, "Tracy is alive, too. So, he's got a pack of at least four." 

"I think that's all he has... he couldn't bring back too many, right?" Liam asked me, glancing at me with that puppy like expression that made him look so innocent. 

I shrugged, "It's Theo, who the hell knows." 

"Kasey?" Stiles called out as he walked into my house. I could hear his jeep running outside, so I figured they were getting ready to leave. 

A pair of arms that I recognized to be Stiles' enclosed around me from behind and I felt his chin resting on my shoulder as he pressed his lips to the sensitive skin on my neck. I turned around in his hold, pressing our chests together as he smiled at me, "I need a kiss goodbye." 

"I'm still kind of mad at you," I pointed out sarcastically. 

He shrugged, "You can be mad, as long as I still get a kiss." 

"I think you'll live without one." I stated evenly. 

Stiles' facial expression went slack and he sighed, "I'm sorry, okay? Please just give me a kiss and then I'll leave and you can be mad at me all you want." 

"Fine," I muttered in annoyance as I swiftly pressed my lips to his. Just as I tried to pull away his hand was on the back of my neck, pressing me back into him. I attempted to fight him off but I gave up when I felt that familiar spark ignite in my chest. Who the hell cares if I'm mad at him? This feeling is what I live for. 

He was the one to pull back and he licked at his lips as he did so, "Stay safe." 

"I can take care of myself now," I assured him. 

Stiles sighed, "Yeah... that's kind of what I'm afraid of. 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Kasey McCall was standing outside of Beacon Hills High School, anxiously waiting for her counterpart to arrive. Night had fallen, and the crickets were chirping loudly. She wasn't fully aware of what was happening to her, because if she was then she would be coherent at the moment. This isn't really Kasey. The Dread Doctors did something to her that night, something unexplainable... something that changed her. 

A loud growling echoed around outside and she smirked, making her way into the school building. She knew that he was here. She also could hear the voice of someone that she despised. Theo Raeken was in the high school, no doubt there for the same reason that she was... to see the beast. Well, her reasoning was slightly different because she wasn't just there to see it, she was there to ensure that their identity was kept a secret. She was the protecter. 

"It's the same message isn't it? What are they trying to tell it?" a familiar female voice spoke, and Kasey knew that it was Tracy. Theo must have brought her with him. 

Theo sighed, "Trying to get it to remember who it was." 

"But isn't it just a teenager like us? Isn't it just a kid underneath?" Tracy pressed, clearly not understanding the weight of the situation.

Kasey took this moment to step out of the shadows making her presence known. Theo groaned in annoyance when he saw her and Tracy's eyes widened considerably. Kasey smirked in satisfaction, "They needed a body to resurrect the Beast, the Dread Doctors are good... but they aren't good enough to be able to make it appear out of thin air. The kid underneath is... well, they're just a side effect." 

When Theo heard her voice, he immediately knew that it wasn't Kasey that was talking to them. He used to have feelings for the very girl standing in front of him, he would know her voice anywhere-- this, this wasn't Kasey. He had no idea who was speaking to them but they were just using Kasey's body as a surrogate. He had a strong feeling that the Dread Doctors were behind this. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tracy snarled, her hatred for the McCall girl boiling inside of her. 

Kasey chuckled, "I was actually wondering the same thing about you two." 

"Who are you?" Theo decided to ask... because he knew that this wasn't Kasey McCall.

The lips that he had found himself staring at several times in the past, twisted upwards into a smirk, "That information isn't up for discussion." 

Theo gritted his teeth together, "What did you do to Kasey?" 

Tracy's insides were boiling with anger. Not only because Kasey was squaring up against them once again, but because Theo was actually showing some concern for the girl. She was very protective over Theo, mainly because she felt that they had a connection-- apparently Theo feels the same way about him and Kasey. The idea of him actually being worried about her only fuels Tracy's anger even more. 

"Why does it matter?" Tracy snapped as she glanced at Theo sideways. 

They weren't here to ask questions about Kasey McCall, they were here to find some answers about this beast roaming around the town. Kasey's wellbeing should be at the bottom of their priority list, hell in her opinion it shouldn't even be on the list at all. Kasey McCall wasn't a concern for the chimera pack, but apparently it was a concern for Theo Raeken, and that didn't sit well with Tracy. 

Kasey took a step forward and folded her arms over her chest, "Why are you so concerned about her, Theo? I can assure you that I'll take great care of her." 

"Why don't you stop wasting my time and tell me what I want to know?" Theo growled aggressively. 

Not only was he actually worried about Kasey, but this was something that he hadn't seen coming. Theo didn't like surprises and Kasey being possessed is most definitely a surprise. He wasn't sure what the Dread Doctor's had done to her but it was obvious that they had done something. 

The lights above them in the hallway began to flicker and in a moment that would have been missed if you blinked, the Dread Doctors appeared directly behind Kasey. Theo's eyes widened as Tracy rushed at them, only to have Kasey snatch her up by the back of her neck and slam her into the neighboring lockers. It was obvious to Theo in this moment that Kasey, willingly or not, was working with the Dread Doctors. 

"Leave." The one right behind Kasey spoke to Theo, not bothering to glance at Tracy on the ground. 

Theo took a step forward, "Where is it?" 

"You already have your pack." The Dread Doctor said to Theo in annoyance. 

The chimera gritted his teeth, "It wasn't enough. Look at my eyes. They look red to you? I'm not an Alpha. I'm not even a real werewolf." 

Loud footsteps echoed around the hallway and Theo swallowed thickly when he caught sight of the beast walking down towards them. Kasey turned and smirked when she noticed that it was holding the head of it's latest victim. Tracy started to scoot backwards on the floor as the beast let out a loud growl, causing the lockers to rattle. Both Tracy and Theo closed their eyes and covered their ears from the sound. When Theo opened his eyes back up, he noticed that Kasey, the Dread Doctor's and the beast were all gone. 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

I was beginning to regret not tagging along with Scott and Stiles, mostly because it meant that I had to go to school... something that I most certainly do not feel like doing today. If anything, I just want to lay in bed and relax. I'm exhausted for some reason, like I was up running all night long. Who knows what the hell is going on with me, it's hard telling anymore. 

Stiles had send me a text this morning, reminding me that he loves me and that he wanted me to have a good day at school. I also got a text from Scott, telling me to be careful and keep an eye out for anything suspicious while he was gone. I had responded to Stiles, but I just ignored Scott's message and left him without a text back. 

"Kasey, you awake?"

My mom yelled up the stairs as she rushed around in the kitchen. I let out a sigh as I rolled over in my bed, "Yeah! I'll be done in a few minutes!" 

I more than likely wouldn't be out of bed in a few minutes but she'll be gone before I have to leave for school anyway so it doesn't matter. I don't know why I'm so drained but it's annoying. I need to get up and keep an appearance up at school and it's not going to be an easy task if I'm tired all day.

"I'm heading out, okay? I'll see you tonight!" she yelled again and I heard the front door open and then close as she walked out to her car. 

I rubbed at my eyes and crawled out of bed, freezing the moment that my feet touched the floor. I noticed that I wasn't in pajamas and I was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt that had a stain of an all too familiar red liquid on it. I grabbed the hem and pulled it out in front of me to inspect it further, but it was already dry and smeared across the entire front of the shirt. I lifted my shirt up to inspect my stomach, thinking that the blood had been my own, but my stomach was completely fine. Apart from the scars that the Dread Doctor's left me with, it was bare. 

"What the hell?" I muttered as I pulled the shirt up over my head and tossed it onto the floor. 

Once again I wake up covered in blood that apparently isn't mine. This cannot be a good sign. My phone started to ring and the sudden sound caused me to jump in surprise. I snatched it off my nightstand and saw that it was Stiles calling me. I decided to send him to voicemail at the moment because I didn't want to talk to him just yet. 

I glanced at my sheets and noticed that they too had blood staining them yet again. I let out a huff as I quickly adjusted my blanket over the stains so nobody would be able to see it and walked to my closet to fetch a clean shirt. I don't have time to try and figure out where the hell the blood came from but it obviously explains why I'm so tired. I was in fact out of the house last night, doing God knows what. Maybe Scott is right... maybe I am the beast and I'm the one out running around killing people? It would make sense as to why I keep waking up with blood all over me, right? 

The shirt I ended up picking was an old band tee that I bought sophomore year and once it was slipped over my head I put on some socks and my converse and then grabbed my bag off the floor. I slid the straps over my shoulders, brushed my hair and my teeth, snatched up my phone and then headed downstairs. My house was dead silent as I grabbed a granola bar off the counter in the kitchen, and then my phone beeped loudly, letting me know that I had a voicemail. 

I sighed as I pressed the device to my ear and listened to Stiles' voice play out through the speakers, "Hey, uh, I was just calling to check up on you... Call me back when you get this, or whenever you can. Okay? I love you, Kase." 

My chest tightened as I deleted the voicemail and slid my phone into my back pocket. For some reason there was a voice inside my head telling me to just ignore Stiles, and I was doing as that voice instructed for whatever reason. 

Once again there is a voice in my head that's not mine and it's telling me to do things that I otherwise wouldn't. I know this is not a good thing and I want to tell Stiles about it because that would be the smart thing to do, but I can't tell him because there is some sort of block in my head that isn't allowing me to do it. There is something inside of me that I can't control. 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

"Kasey, wait up!" 

I rolled my eyes at the sudden sound of Theo Raeken's voice. I was currently standing at my locker, trying to quickly gather my belongings and move on to class. I had no desire to speak to Theo, or have any sort of interaction with him in the slightest. 

His hand latched onto my wrist as I went to close my locker door, at the sudden contact I jerked away and took a step in the opposite direction that he had been standing. I narrowed my eyes hatefully, "What do you want?" 

"Do you remember anything weird from last night?" he inquired, and the tone of his voice revealed to me that he had witnessed me do whatever it was he was asking about. 

Immediately my thoughts went to the bloody shirt that I had on this morning, but I didn't want to give Theo that sort of information, it was none of his damn business anyway... but maybe he saw me do something, and maybe he is trying to use it against me. He obviously knows something that I don't, the question is would he be willing to tell me what it is. 

"That depends, are you going to explain to me what this is all about?" I asked in annoyance, taking the time to close my locker door and slip the combination lock back in it's place. 

Theo smirked, "I take that as a yes." 

"Take that as I'm not going to tell you jack unless you tell me something first." I snapped bitterly, not liking the fact that Theo had an advantage over me in this moment. 

He rolled his eyes, "I think you told me everything that I need to know." 

"Theo, if you know anything about what is going on, I suggest you tell me right now." My voice came out extremely harsh and his smirk only grew in size when he noticed that he was pushing my buttons. 

The bell rang, signaling that class was starting and Theo blinked once, "If you want some answers, it's not me that you need to be directing your questions at." 

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I growled hatefully. 

He shrugged, "Figure it out." 

___________________________________________________________________

So this chapter isn't the greatest, but I needed to update badly and you guys have been sort of patient, lol. I've been really busy lately with working two jobs and trying to get a new position at one of the jobs, so that's why I haven't really had time to write. The edit above was made by a fan and I told them that I would put it in here so you could see how cool it is! They gave Kasey purple eyes!!! Also, I am a little rusty with Kasey's storyline at the moment so you gotta cut me some slack until I get back on board with everything in her story and plot lines. I'm going to bed because I'm tired and I have to work tomorrow, but leave a comment telling me what you think is going on with Kasey and what it could mean for her and Stiles' relationship! I'm actually pretty proud with what I've come up with for Kasey this season and I think you'll all like it too, once you find out what exactly is going on. Be sure to fan, vote and comment if you haven't already! I'm so close to 10k, it's crazy! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 6.2K 45
❝We protect those who cannot protect themselves.❞ Stacey McCall has had a lot happened to her in the past year. Now, she deals with Alpha Packs, fin...
2.5K 84 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...
Red Eyes By KAS

Fanfiction

4.2K 101 28
Ava McCall always knew how to have fun. A little too much fun. Now that she is back home in the town of Beacon Hills, she finds that things are rapid...
370K 14K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...