A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
29: Whole At Last
30: Loose Ends
31: The Old and the New

5: Hearts of fear

511 14 7
By MajesticTeagle

 Samantha's P.O.V:

"ARGH!" Connor screamed from the lounge. Loud crashes and bangs followed his terror filled screams. As I was coming down the stairs and looked in his direction, an empty cup rolled out of the lounge and found its way into the kitchen. What a lucky shot.

"SOMEONE! HELP ME! IT'S GOING TO KILL ME! IT'S GOING TO POISON ME AND THROW ME IN A CELL!" Connor yelled out again. Kid descended from the stairs followed by Patty and Liz and met me down at the bottom. 

"What's going on?" Patty asked with eyes filled with curiosity. Kid said nothing and didn't look me in the eyes, nor at me at all. He seems to be in deep thought and not at all worried about the fact that my partner is screaming his head off. 

I shrug in response to Patty and lead the way into the lounge where Connor is standing on top of the coffee table cowering in fear. He's kicked off the vase that is usually placed in the center, and the black table cloth has been ruffled up into a bunch. All I can think to do is sneak a glance at Kid and see how he's coping with that.

His fists are balled and his eyes have a frustrated look in them, but he stays quiet. 

"GET IT AWAY! GET IT AWAY!" Connor yells out swiping his hand in the general direction of where whatever it is that scared him. His voice was pained and fear stricken. His whole body is shaking and I can tell that if none of us moves forward to take care of the problem, he will most likely cry. 

I don't like seeing him like this. It always makes me sad.

"Connor," I call calmly whilst moving forward. The other three stay behind me and watch my actions. The blonde turns his head to me slightly with the most terrified look I've ever seen on him. "Can you move towards Liz and Patty?" I ask in a soft tone.

The softness helps him relax a little but he's not out of the danger zone yet. Connor tries moving off the table, but with each movement comes the shaking of fear. It's like he can't. Like he's paralyzed. I gesture to Liz and Patty to help Connor off the table, and they get the drift. Kid just stands there doing nothing but observing.

I make my way over to the window and withdraw the curtains letting some light in revealing the cause of Connor's screaming and cries. 

A black thing in the corner of the window sill, about the size of my fist. Hairy legs and creepy eyes that stare right into your soul.

"What is it?" Kid asks coming up beside me. 

"What does it look like? It's a spider." I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. It is. He should have been able to tell as soon as he saw it.

"Connor's afraid of spiders?"

"Well obviously! You saw how he reacted to seeing it." I grumbled.

"I think anyone would be scared of them. They're so ugly and ew," Liz commented, shivering at the thought.

Kid raised his arms in defense. "You've made your point," he mumbles. I roll my eyes at him and scoop my hand under the eight legged beast and having nowhere to go backwards, the little creature runs into my palm. 

"K-K-KILL IT!" Connor shouts. I feel like I can hear his heartbeat from here going way over the speed limit. "KILL IT! DESTROY IT! GET IT AWAY!"

"Shh Connor, it'll be okay, see?" I soothe, covering my other hand over the spider and blocking it from his eye sight. Now that it was trapped in my hands Connor let out a shaky breath in order to calm his nerves.

"Would you two be able to get him some water and keep his mind off of the spider?" I asked Liz and Patty. They smiled and nodded then headed off to the kitchen. An unsteady Connor traveled along with them and glanced back at me. I sent a reassuring smile his way. He attempted one back and then shivered. Patty grinned up at my partner and dragged him away into the kitchen.

Alright, now to dispose of this pest. Kid follows me out the front door and watches me from behind as I release the spider into the tall grass in his front yard.

"I thought you were going to kill it," Kid says, sounding somewhat surprised.

"I am." I responded, taking out a small knife that I snagged from the kitchen before . I throw it at the spider while it's moving at an incredible speed and the knife skews it in the middle and lands upright in the ground. Kid stares at me in disbelief.

"That's brutal!" He exclaims. 

"I don't care that it's brutal," I responded walking over to pick up the knife. "That little creature made Connor upset. I'd say it got lucky." 

"Lucky?! Lucky how? You just killed it!" 

The knife has the spiders insides left on it. Blood, yucky stuff on it. Whilst looking over it, I glance over at Kid once, then stare back at the spiders remains. A smile plays on my face.

"I could have tortured it instead. Played with it a little while, tear off one leg at a time while it's still alive. The spider is lucky that I don't do torture. I just killed it and ended it's misery."

I made my way to the steps leading into Kid's house. He stared at me with a disgusted look, but really I could care less about what he's thinking right now.

"You're absolutely horrible!" he scowled.

I smirked and wiped the remains on the knife on the left side of his tux. His eyes grew wide and his teeth clenched a little. 

"Yeah. Maybe I am. You're not so bad yourself."  I smiled and then walked away from him. The protests and profanities he muttered to himself I heard clearly. And all I can think to myself is why am I doing this to him?

I'm nice to just about everyone I meet, but why is he an exception? There's no words I can use to explain it except for hatred. 

Kid walks in with his jacket off, top half left in his undershirt. He grumbles and I can sense how angry he is. It's not hard to tell. Fists balled so tightly that his knuckles are practically white. Teeth clenched so tight that I can almost hear them scratching together. The way he walks certainly isn't in a happy jolly way that Patty goes about.

Did I go a little far today?

Of course not. He's just a perfect idiot that takes anything seriously.

Then again, I probably wouldn't like getting spider guts wiped on my clothes.

Then again, one outfit compared to a whole wardrobe is a big difference.

He'll get over it. It's not the end of the world.

The next day Kid kept a distance from me. I don't blame him. I've been trying to do the same thing to him so it works in my favour.

We had no school today and no meetings with Lord Death so Connor and I decided to head out for a nice leisurely stroll. The weather was in a bipolar state. It couldn't decide whether to be sunny and boiling hot, or freezing cold and raining. This morning it was raining which gave Connor and I the idea to go out and walk around, but now that we're walking, it's sunny.

"Sam?" Connor called for my attention. I hummed in response.

"Do you...Do you think she'd come back to get me?" He asked. The seriousness in his eyes almost frightened me. Covering the serious look was fear like yesterday. 

I gave a reassuring smile to him and ruffled his bangs making him smile slightly too. 

"I'm pretty sure she won't lay a finger on you anymore. Last I head she was killed in action. I promise you that if she somehow returns, you and I will take her down."

Connor looked down at the ground kicking a stone that came into his path.

"I just can't get her out of my head, Sam. I just can't."

"Trust me, Connor. No one is going to hurt you anymore. That was years ago."

He nodded and we walked onward, making simple conversation. Everything was going good until Connor changed the subject to Death The Kid. 

"Why are you so mean to him?" he asked me.

"You do remember the way he treated us on our first day of school, right?" 

Connor nodded. "And so you've held a grudge on him since then?"

"Of course. What do you expect me to do?"

"I dunno, maybe show him a little respect? He is a death god," Connor reminded. I frowned and stared at the clouds that began spilling drops of water. They became heavier as I stayed silent for a while longer. Thunder erupted from the depths of the dark fluff in the sky. 

I didn't want to say anything. I wanted this conversation to be over. I could feel Connor's eyes burning into my head as he wanted a proper explanation.

"He hates you too, y'know." I said after a while. He shook his head and explained that he and Kid had resolved any issues. They don't share hatred but they're not exactly close buddies. A disliking for one another, not friends.

"Okay, fine. You and him aren't enemies. Good to know." I sighed. I feel like Connor is ditching me for that guy. Like he's now taking his side. 

Reading my thoughts, Connor stops us in our tracks and places a hand on my shoulder. My clothes and his are saturated and the water from the sky drips down our foreheads and on my hand. It feels relaxing and I begin to feel calmer then before.

"You know better than to think that," he frowns. "If he were to hurt you, I'd hurt him too. I'll always defend you. I always have and I always will. I just want to know why you hate him so much. It seems he has more reason to hate you than you with him."

Thunder roared and blocked out my answer, so it was then repeated. Connor nodded in understanding and we decided to head back to Gallows Manor. We had wandered a fair bit into Death City that it would take some time to get back. 

Lightening then darted across the sky and I felt myself stop when the light crossed my vision.

"Sam, you can't stop now," Connor panicked. He knew how I felt about the weather. And now it's here. How Connor is with spiders is how I am with Lightening. Anyone must think it's stupid. I love rain but hate lightening. It's completely understandable, right? Rain is so peaceful and lightening is a threat. 

Connor picked me up and flung me over his shoulder as I was too petrified to even look away. My heart was beating maybe a million times per minute. I found it hard to breath as the fear prevented my body to function properly.

"SAMANTHA!"  The voices called. The flashbacks of that day. That day of total destruction.

It was my fault.

"KID! LIZ! PATTY! OPEN UP!" Connor yells slamming his fists onto the front door of the reaper's house. Kid's inside. I can tell he is. I can hear it. The foot steps.

Another flash of lightening.

I had to do it, didn't I?

No one is opening the door. Kid is standing right in front of it, and he's doing nothing. Connor doesn't know.

"KID! PLEASE SOMEONE OPEN THE DOOR!" He yells again and again and yet Kid is too busy focusing on something else. Focusing on what?! The symmetry?!

I struggle out of Connor's grasp and with shaky breaths I kneel down at the door and take out a lock pick to pick the lock. My hands are too shaky for the job.

Curse you fear!

Connor takes over and does it for me. When the doors open, Kid is on the stairs reading a book.

You've got to be kidding me!?

"That's also another reason, Connor." I growled, finding some strength in my voice. Kid looked up surprised.

"Oh, hello."

I stood up and my fear disappears as my anger takes control over me. I pick up the Reaper by the collar of his white shirt and press my face close to his.

"You call me horrible, you call me asymmetrical, you call me garbage, you call me trash. Name calling I can handle, but what you just did...How could you be so cruel?!" I snarled. Kid stared at me with shock and he almost didn't have anything to say. He looked around trying to find the words then finally spoke.

"What about everything you've done to me?" he asked. His anger level was rising while mine was overflowing.

"All you've done since you got here is make me pissed off, and you expect nothing in return? Don't tell me you're one of those people who can serve but cannot take."

"It's not a matter of who can serve and who can take. It's a matter of helping those through their fears instead of making the situation worse for them! Tell me, why didn't you open the door for us, huh?!" I fumed.

"I needed to finish my page." was his answer.

One bloody page.

He had to finish a god damn page?!

A GOD DAMN PAGE!?

"You called me a horrible person yesterday. But I think you should rethink that. I believe it is you who is a horrible person."

I pushed him harshly onto the stairs and walked up them passing him while glaring at the path in front of me. Connor followed me up.

"Samantha..." Kid trailed off. I stopped but Connor kept going up leaving the two of us alone.

"I'm sorry about that, okay? I really am. It was a bad move to leave you out there when  you're afraid of lightening." he sighed, but his sincerity surprised me, as well as the fact that he knew I hated lightening. I never told him. I said 'to help those through their fears',  not, 'Hey there, I'm afraid of lightening, you useless scum.'

I smiled softly to myself. "I'm sorry too."

He looked up confused.

"When I grabbed your shirt I left a muddy hand print. Since you never opened the door I had to get my hands a little dirty."

He grit his teeth at me and scowled, but the look in his eyes was amusement rather then anger.

I walked off hearing a light chuckle from him. "Well, at least she apologised for it," he said. I smirked then went to bed feeling that rest was well overdue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 7.3K 45
You are just one of twelve death scythes scattered around the world. You are the youngest female death scythe while Justin is the youngest male death...
379K 12K 18
Death The Kid x Vampire!Reader
386 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...
98.7K 2.2K 15
Death the kid has been told he has a sister but he didn't believe it but after his father told him she's attending the school he gets mad and despise...