Good Girls Are Bad Girls That...

By chloex

Gwen Matthews is a quick-witted, feisty 17-year-old, the exact thing Kyle Reece- the son of the fourth riches... More

Chapter 1: The Man Eating Dog
Chapter 2: Never Liked Her Anyway
Chapter 3: Corny Chat Up Lines
Chapter 4: The Evil Child
Chapter 5: Dracuwoman and Gwenpee
Chapter 6: High School
Chapter 7: Game On
Chapter 8: The Encounter
Chapter 9: Go die Kyle Reece!
Chapter 10: Ice Cream Snow Balls
Chapter 11: My Evil Plan
Chapter 12: My Awesome Ninja Moves
Chapter 13: Trouble With A Capital T
Chapter 14: The Cops
Chapter 15: Chocolate Spread
Chapter 16: Let The Party Begin
Chapter 17: Heartless Bitches
Chapter 18: She Thought He Was A Stripper...
Chapter 19: Don't Get Mad...Get Even
Chapter 20: Blue.
Chapter 21: Awkward Turtle
Chapter 22: An Eventful Weekend
Chapter 23: On The Job
Chapter 24: It's a Bomb!
Chapter 25: He Did It On Purpose!
Chapter 26: Run Baby Run
Chapter 27: Who oh Who Could it be...
Chapter 28: Burn Baby Burn
Chapter 29: He Has Never Given To Charity.
Can you believe this???
Chapter 30: A Day with Gwen and Kyle...
Chapter 31: Get ready, Taylor's leaving!
Chapter 32: Depressed.
Chapter 33: Press That Button.
Chapter 34: Spiderman? What happened to Superman, Batman and Robin?
Chapter 35: Where Are We Going?
Chapter 36: It Bit Me.
Chapter 37: Snip Snip!
Chapter 38: I choose you Gweneviere! (This isn't Pokémon you know)
Chapter 39: Finding my Romeo and playing with Action Figures.
Chapter 40: Scrip's, death lists and Restaurants = my life.
Chapter 41: Ice sculpture=.........
Chapter 42: A day out with the guys.
Chapter 43: The punishment!
Chapter 44: Take a picture
Chapter 45: Playing Dress Up
Chapter 46: Gwen and Kyle Adventure In The Kitchen!
Chapter 47: it's Kyle!
Chapter 48: Bonding.
Chapter 49: Be with you and Mr. Fish
Chapter 50: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 51: Hunting for Dale
Chapter 52: The Hospital.
Chapter 53: Hunting for answers.
Chapter 54: To ride with a cow (beast).
Chapter 55: The Carnival (Part 1)
Chapter 56: The Carnival (Part 2)
Chapter 57: Big splashes and weird guys.
Chapter 58: Teachers and expensive houses!
Chapter 59: The mom!
Chapter 60: Heartbroken.
Chapter 61: Never get Taylor drunk.
Chapter 62: A flashback.
Chapter 63: Packing and the Christmas party- Part 1.
Chapter 64: The Party part 2!
Chapter 65: The Airport.
Chapter 66: The flight
Chapter 67: Jackson Hole.
Chapter 68: Settling in and Long, Lonely Nights.
Chapter 69: Let's ski.
Chapter 71: The Truth and a crazy ass bitch.
Chapter 72: A Crazy Ass Bitch.
Chapter 73: Recovery
Extra Chapters

Chapter 70: Bracelet's

10.6K 293 68
By chloex

Chapter 70: Bracelet’s

There was silence on the other end of the phone as my breathing became ragged and I began to pace the small space between the stalls and the sinks. My heart stopped as the passing of the phone and a rough voice questioned, “Gwen?”

I couldn’t speak; my voice had gone leaving me to blink wide-eyed at the wall as I thought about declining the call and acting like this never happened.

“Gwen, I know I'm most probably the least person you want to talk to you right now, but this is essential that you hear me out.” his voice was pleading and I forcefully rubbed at my forehead with my free hand.

Why now? Why now when everything has begun to settle down?

I let out a breath and nodded in encouragement at myself, when I spoke my voice sounded strained and I coughed to get rid of the lump that had formed in the back of my throat.

“You tried to kill me.” was the only words that were buzzing in my mind as I stated the fact.

Aaron sighed his breathing hitching slightly. “I know and I am really sorry, but you have to understand there is no way I could have avoided this. I offer you my sincere apologies and what I am going to tell you isn’t going to make up for much, but you need to trust me.”

I couldn’t help the nervous laugh that bubbled up from my chest, “Trust you? You tried to kill Jessica and I. Why should I even listen to any word that comes out of your mouth?” I hissed.

Aaron was silent for a moment before replying, “Gwen, I know you are angry but you need to listen, both yours and Kyle’s life depends on it.”

I slapped my hand down against the sink, “No, you can’t say that to me, Kyle has done nothing wrong, leave him out of this!” I shouted as I tried to hold in the ‘ow’ from hitting my hand.

Aaron let out a frustrated grunt. “Gwen, it’s not about you, it’s never been about you, it’s always been about Kyle. You were just another obstacle that needed to be removed. You moving here and falling for Kyle was unplanned.”

So all these things that have happened since I have moved to California were not because of me but because of Kyle? This doesn’t make any sense, what kind of sick person would plan and organize someone’s death? And what kind of a stupid person would go along with it?

What kind of sick bastard would do that to a human being?

I angrily swiped at the tear that rolled down my cheek and leaned back against the bathroom counter to stop my legs from shaking.

I pulled the phone away from my ear to give me time to recover, my hand shook and I gripped the phone more tightly as I placed the phone back to my ear. “Tell me Aaron, tell me who is doing this? I'm sick of this, Dale won’t give me the answers and I know you have some. So please help me.” I pleaded, my voice sounding desperate.

Aaron muttered something under his breath as if he was debating with himself.

“I can’t,” he said quietly, his voice barely above a whisper.

“To hell you can!” I shouted, beginning to lose my temper, this guy thinks he can try and kill me and not tell me who is trying to kill Kyle.

“I...I can’t, you don't understand I'm not doing this for me but for the sake of  my sister, the person has something over my sister, if anything was to happen to her or my secret was to get out, it will destroy her.” he told me out his tone sad and he cleared his throat.

My eyes widened when with this new information. So, he wasn’t doing this for the sake of himself but for his sister. I understand family is an important word but to go as far as kill someone to protect them is beyond ridiculous.

I looked down at the floor as I calmed my temper. “Well, you rang me for a reason, right? So you must want to tell me something. Please anything that will help, please.”

There was silence on the other end as I waited for him to put the phone down and leave me hanging when he muttered one word, “Chris.”

Um, who?

“Chris?” I repeated my mind going blank as I tried to think of a person I know who is named Chris.

“Everything is connected Gwen, you just need to read between the lines. You need to talk to Kyle, his brother’s death hurt a lot of people.”

“But Chris's death was an accident wasn’t it?” I asked unsurely.

I had never talked to Kyle about his brother’s death, every time I mentioned it, Kyle would go silent and become distance, the sadness in his eyes broke my heart every time.

“Maybe.” was all Aaron said. “Look, I can’t talk long because I guarantee someone is watching me and it won’t take long until it gets back to the person. I was only a small part of this stupid plan, I was and am a puppet on a string and when those strings began to weaken, they need to be cut and replaced with new ones. The person who you are dealing with knows things, secrets that anyone would do anything to protect. You need to remember anyone will do anything to protect themselves and the people close to them.” he finished, staying quite as I soaked up all the information. 

I shook my head, my eyes snapping to the door when someone laughing walked past, the opposite door leading to the staff door opened and slammed shut.

“So, the people who want to hurt Kyle could be anyone? This is stupid why don't you all go to the police?” I questioned.

Aaron sighed, his patients wearing thin as he sounded exhausted, “Gwen, did you not listen to a word I just said? You can’t control someone by knowing a little tiny secret like killing your goldfish,” oops, how did he know? “It has to be something big, something so big that you would want to risk your life for to protect. Everyone has made mistakes in the past, including you. Have you ever done anything so bad that you would do anything to keep it a secret?” I shook my head; no way did I have a big secret that I wouldn’t mind telling someone. Apart from breaking my friends swing, I secretly fixed it and when she next sat on it I had to act shocked and disappointed when it broke.

“If you don’t then you can obviously die with no regrets.”

Aarons voice was becoming faint and I frowned wondering if it was from the signal or him in general. “Aaron, how long have you been awake?” I questioned.

“A couple of hours, it won’t be long before the doctors return to find me awake, this will be my last couples of hours of freedom I will get, so I'm using this to help you.” We both fell silent, a silent understanding falling between us. These will be Aarons last hours of freedom until he will be charged with attempted murder.

“B...but it’s not entirely your fault, if you were forced to do this to protect your sister, you shouldn’t have to pay for this the person who made you do this, and they should!” I half shouted as I began to get angry, I understand that he has to pay for his actions but he is not the only one who should be going down for attempted murder.

“Listen Gwen, I have decided to tell you something- Dale someone’s at the door.” Aaron went quiet and I listened to muffled movement. “Listen Gwen, Kyle’s brother was involved in a scam, he got into drugs, their where a lot of people in on this, the deal ended going belly up, there was a person with him the night he died.” the other end began to crackle and I held the phone away from my ear to check the signal.

“Aaron, can you hear me who was with Chris?” I asked, clutching the phone to my ear in hope I would be able to hear better.

“Th..at...p..pers-on was...” there was a loud beep as the line cut off and I screamed in anger, as I looked down at the screen, the words no signal flashes at the top of my screen. I screamed and threw my phone across the room.

Oh come on! Stuff like this only happen in cheesy ass books and films; this doesn’t happen in real life!

Regretting my decision of throwing my phone across the room, I ran over and picked it up, and began to brush off invisible dirt bunnies.

I stood back up from my crouched position and jumped when I glanced in the mirror to see someone staring back at me from the doorway. I hadn’t even heard the door open.

I spun around to face the girl who had given me her number; I clutched my phone behind my back as I raised an eyebrow at her.

She smiled a friendly smile making me feel slightly awkward being alone with the look on her face, she was looking at me like I was a cake with double chocolate sprinkles.

She motioned to the cafe behind her, “The boys out front asked me to come get you since you been in here for a while, a bad storm has picked up outside and it could be a bother getting back to the cabin if you don't leave now.  You guys could stay here until its passed if you want.” she suggested with a shrug.

I let out a breath and began to head towards the door, heading around her I smiled as I walked past.

I carried on walking and shouted over my shoulder, “Uh, thanks but I think it’s about time the boys and I head back.” I didn't stay to see her face as I rounded to the corer and came face to face with an empty cafe apart from the boys, my eyes were glued to the window as I looked at the flurry of flakes that where rapidly falling.

Holy ice balls, how the hell do they expect me to walk back in that? I ran over towards them and made a grab for my coat.

They all glanced up as I forcefully pushed my arms through the holes. “Gwen, what the hell where you doing playing chess over the phone or something?” Kyle asked as he untucked my hood from inside my coat. I turned around and practically pushed them all out of the door.

“Okay guys; let’s head back to our dorms and have a nice cup of hot chocolate together, yeah? Do you think it will be safer in the girls or the boys? Girls are quite scary when they are pissed and there’s only one of me so I will come to your dorm, it’s easier to hide me. Okay, let’s go.” I ushered all the boys out of the door, with a push to their backs, each one of them giving me a strange look. Kyle was left and I gestured with my hand for him to go out of the door. He folded his arms across his chest and I shrugged and went to leave, before a piece of snow could even touch me I was pulled back by my hood. I stopped walking and grabbed the skin around my neck. That actually hurt, a lot. I frowned and turned to look at Kyle with a questioning eyebrow.

“What’s wrong?” he asked gruffly, his playful expression from earlier gone and replaced with a more serious one.

I shook my head and waved my hand in the air as if to brush him off, “Nothing’s wrong why would anything be wrong? Let’s just get back.” I told him and stared at him blankly when he caught my hand in the air.

“Something is wrong, I can tell I'm not stupid, Gwen.” his voice was stern and my mouth parted slightly as I stared at his face.

Why, why would anyone want to hurt him? I just don't understand.

I licked my lips and glanced out the window to where the boys where throwing snow balls at one another. “I will talk to you when we get back.” I told him.

After a silent couple of seconds Kyle’s grip loosed around my arm and I was able to pull it out of his strong grip. When I next tried to walk out of the door, he didn't stop me.

“Guys, I don't really want to do it maybe you guys could come to the girls dorm, I'm pretty sure some high heels and a bit of makeup will fool everyone.” I told them as I stared up at the second story window, Leon looking down at us all.

Ryan snorted and stepped forward, puffing his chest out. “These babies wouldn’t be able to fool anyone.” he grumbled, his voice ruff as he tried to sound manlier.

Danny snorted making us look at him. “Dude, compared to these babies you’re a twig.” Danny declared unzipping his coat as he held up his arm and an attempting to flex his little muscles.

I squinted my eyes at him, “Sorry Danny, where am I looking? They must be too big to see.” I joked and burst out laughing when he pushed the skin of his arm up making his arms look chunkier.

He motioned to Ryan’s chest, “See Gwen, the hulk has nothing on me, I could snap him in half like a twig.” he declared making me choke on my laughter.

“More like you would break your arms trying.” Josh muttered and I nodded in agreement.

Leon coughed making us all look up. “I would just like to point out that I will be the one to hall Gwen's ass up here so if I where you guys I would zip it and hurry your asses up, it’s cold.” He moaned.

I pulled a face and glanced around at all the guys. “He has a point, why aren’t you up their Ryan?” I gestured to his chest and muscles, “with all that muscle?”

Ryan held his hands up and motioned to my behind. “Because I practically have to throw you up there and Leon is the most stupid out of all of us. He has the guts to place his hand in the wrong place, by accident of course. ” he snickered and I blinked at him.

Did he really find this amusing? I placed my hand against my hips and looked up at the window.

“Leon is it true that you only volunteered so you could pull my ass up?” I asked raising a bemused eyebrow. Leon’s mouth fell open as he looked down at us all, meeting everyone’s eyes.

“You guys, you just want to get me in trouble, is Kyle still distracting the hall monitor? If he is hurry up Gwen, his watchful eyes is scary.” he said in a rush, his hands waving me up.

I rolled my eyes and nodded at Ryan who cupped his hands together in an attempt to help me up. I took a deep breath and placed my foot into the hole hopping that this would not be the end of my life. I wouldn’t even mind getting caught by Sam, in hope that we would get told off and I would be sent back to my own dorm. As usual, luck was not on my side and nobody appeared to help me, I was pushed upwards and before I knew it Leon’s hand was wrapped under my shoulder and he was pulling me through the window.

I hissed in pain as my stomach made contact with the windowsill. “Leon pull me in!” I shouted as I experienced life as a slug as I tried to use my legs to push myself through.

I jumped when someone placed their hand on my butt and pulled me through, I managed to swing my leg and catch myself before I did a Kyle and landed on my face.

“Leon, I swear to god if you ever touch my butt again I will shove you hand so far down your throat that it will come out of your bum, do you understand?” I grabbed Leon’s shoulder to straighten myself and blinked when I looked straight into a pair of blue eyes.

“Oh hey Kyle, I thought you were Leon.” I admitted as I brushed some invisible dirt of his shoulder.

Kyle frowned, his head turning to look at my hand on his shoulder. “You seemed to have cheered up.”

I nodded and my smile slightly. “That might be because I seen Ryan fall down a small hole, his face was priceless.” 

Kyle nodded and began unzipping his coat as he moved away from the window throwing it on a bed with neatly made sheets.

I turned to look down and out of the window when Danny waved and pointed to the girls dorm, “I'm going to go and see if I can scramble some food for the girls and maybe a bit more from the dinner lady.” Danny shouted and I rolled my eyes as I gave them all a wave and slid down the window.

I nodded happy as I looked around Kyle's and Danny’s room, they had not been given special treatment. Leon was lying down on the opposite bed which I guessed to be Danny’s. He had unzipped his coat so he could cross his arms behind his head where he looked up at the ceiling. I sat on Kyle's bed and gave a little bounce satisfied by how comfortable it was.

Kyle pointed at me, “Make yourself comfortable, I'm going to have a shower and then we will talk.” I nodded and unzipped my coat as I made myself comfy.

The bathroom door closed and I began to peel my snow boots off to let my poor little feet breath, I bet they thought death had come for them. I wiggled my toes and let out a little moan as the circulation began again.

I looked over at Leon who was now keeping himself entertained by throwing what looked like a pair of socks rapped in a ball in the air.

I opened my mouth about to ask him something and decided against it as I closed my lips and looked away.

Leon’s rough voice made me jump as he questioned, “What is it you want to ask? I know there something on your mind. Ever since you came back from the bathroom in the café you’ve been silent. So, what is it?”

I blinked and folded my legs beneath myself as I took a deep breath. “I was going to talk about this to Kyle but I know this is a really touchy subject for him, I'm still going to ask him. It’s about his brother, Chris.” As soon as I spoke his name the sock ball Leon had been throwing fell on his chest as he missed it.

Leon frowned and picked the ball of cloth of his chest, he coughed, “Well that is a really touchy subject. Is this’s what’s bothering you?” he asked and after a moment’s hesitation I gave a curt nod. Did he not release he is talking to me, Gwen? The girl that has the biggest nose in the world and practically needs to know everything.

“It’s been three years and I can still smell-” I coughed cutting him off.

I held up a finger and shook my head. “Leon, that’s the start of titanic.” Leon sent me a wink and sat up making my back straighten as the mood began to grow serious. He gave me a slight sigh, “Chris was,” Leon paused, “Chris was, well, I didn’t actually know him that well but from what I seen he was the total opposite of Kyle. Chris hated being in the spotlight more than anything. When your rich it seems like everyone wants to know you, you know?” I shook my head. 

I was far from being rich, I mean, if I had money do you really think I would be here (well I'm in Jackson hole at the moment) in California? No, I would be out looking for dinosaurs of course!

“Anyway, Chris and Kyle where close and when it became apparent that Chris would be the one to inherit the company, Kyle was free to do what he wanted with his life. He was free to get into fights and have a record of being reckless. Chris on the other hand wasn’t, he had to look like a responsible businessman that looked like he could hold the title of chairman. Even though- you know you really should be asking Kyle this.” Leon said and I sighed.  

I let out a long breath and ran my hand through my hair, “I know, it’s just that he has such a sad expression when Chris’s name is mentioned, it’s like a piece of his soul is being drained out, it seems like he blames himself.” I finished, looking a Leon who’s eyebrows where drawn into a frown.

“Thanks for being considerate but I really don’t need your condolence on a subject like this.” I blinked, the steam spilling out of the bathroom only becoming noticed as my back straightened and I turned to see Kyle standing in the bathroom door, his arms folded across his chest.

“Kyle.”

“Is this what you wanted to talk to me about? My brother?” he asked, his voice was steady but became strained on the word brother.

I rubbed my forehead as I made a move to stand up, he held a hand up making me flop back down on the bed. I began to chew my lip as I thought about my answer.

“It’s just that-“

“You don’t think I can handle talking about my own brother? Chris has been gone for three years and nothing’s going to change, that not even talking about him.” Kyle snatched the navy blue hat of the side and placed it on his head as he snatched the keys out of the little pot.

“If you’re staying you’re going to need some clothes and a jumper, I will tell Amy that you’re staying here as well so she can cover for you.” Kyle pulled the door open and before leaving sent a hasty nod to Leon.

 When the door slam closed I stood up and made a move to follow him, Leon’s hand wrapping around my wrist made me stop and I turned and looked down at him.

“It’s okay, he wants me to tell you.” The grip from my wrist was removed and I took one last long glance at the door before sitting back down on the bed, I subconsciously scratched at my arm in discomfort.

I raised my eyes to his and questioned, “That nod?” Leon nodded and I let out a breath.

“Chris became miserable with his life and seeing a brother who had everything for nothing it ticked him off so he did the only thing he could, he began to get mixed into the wrong crowd. Talking to people and getting into things that are unthinkable. Chris, got himself involved in a gang who dealed a lot of narcotics.”

“You mean drugs?” I asked already hearing this from Aaron, but Leon didn’t need to know that.

Leon nodded. “Yeah, word got out and it was plastered in the news, the police was called but they found no evidence to prosecute Chris with so they let it slide. Chris though it had saved him but it just got him a scowling from the company and his dad. So, Chris decided to get busted and set up a deal overseas. Chris was one of the smartest people I knew and even got someone to feed information to the police, leaving trails and clues that would lead back to him. He was the mastermind behind the deals but he never touched the stuff, he just supplied it. Things started getting ugly when Kyle found out that his brother was smuggling drugs into the country for freedom, he begged him to stop and even suggested that he takes over the company instead, I don’t know if Chris ever listened to his brother or not but that’s something none of us will ever know. All we know is that the deal went sour and it ended with Chris in a car accident. By the time the ambulance reached St’ Andrew hospital Chris was pronounced dead.”  Leon finished the room drifting silent as my heart thudded in my chest, the sound echoing in my ears.

So Chris had died in a car accident and no one exactly knew why? Maybe Chris had got on someone’s wrong side or maybe it was like everyone says it was an accident.

The air left my lungs in a big whoosh as I flopped backwards onto Kyle bed; I stared up at the ceiling the groves in the wood began to look like they were swirling.

I frowned, a pain in my chest beginning to flare to life. “It makes me sad thinking of the pain both brothers had to endure because of a stupid company. I understand the holding up a family name can be important but is it that important that you would allow your son to go to such lengths for freedom?” I asked casually as I blinked at the ceiling, tears welling in my eyes. “I get that Chris was smart in the area he worked in but did he really have to turn to drugs? Couldn’t he have just told his dad that he didn’t want to inherit the crappy job?”

Leon sighed and pushed up the sleeves of his jumper. “On the outside Ben comes across as a nice old man but inside he’s a true business man, he will always put money and the company first before family. Have you ever seen rich kids happy with their parents?” 

I shrugged, “Obama and his family seem pretty happy.”  I pointed out.

Leon laughed, “Yeah. I guess, but Chris wasn’t the person to pull out of something because of petty words.”

I pushed myself up with my elbows and looked over at him, “Did Chris have anyone to help him? I'm sure he couldn’t have done it all himself.”

Leon shrugged and scratched the back of his neck. “Not that I know of, I think he had a chick who knew about it but we don’t know who, Chris never mentioned anyone but it was pretty obvious the way he would never look at other girls and would sneak of in the night. If you ask me I think she was younger, if you know what I mean.” I chewed down on my lip as I scratched my head in thought.

A girl? Would a girl really be behind this? I mean, I find it hard to butter bread without tearing it to shreds and I could never set up killing someone. 

No, there must be more to this.

“Do you have a picture of Chris? I have never seen him before.” I lied.

I had in fact seen it at Kyle's mom’s house but Leon didn’t need to know that.

Leon raised an eyebrow, “A picture?” he questioned as he dug through his pockets and pulled out a sleek black iPhone. I watched silently as he swiped through his pictures. “I have one take three years ago when we all went to the water park, damn, the signals back, now my mom can call me.” He muttered making me smile at him misfortune.

Wait, if the signal was back didn’t that mean that I can get back into contact with Aaron and demand him to tell me the rest of the sentence. While Leon was looking for the picture I slipped my feet back into my boots, the cold making them feel like they were about to drop off. I would rather have sore feet than cold ones. Leon nodded when he found the picture and placed the phone in my waiting hand. I held it up and my eyes widened at the sight of Kyle's short hair, “Aw, look at Kyle chubby cheeks.” I cooed.

Both Chris and Kyle where smiling widely at the screen. Chris towered over Kyle by a foot, his arm dangled over Kyle shoulder; his other hand formed a peace sign.

I sighed and was about to press the home button when I caught sight of Chris wrist, a thin woven bracelet was resting around it. I frowned and pinched the screen zooming in closer. My back straightened as I squinted down at the photo. Once again, my began to make a tune as it raced for the hundredth time in under a hour, if I carry on like this I'm likely to have a heart attack before the end of this trip.

I looked up at Leon. “A girl you say? Did any of you know the girl?” I asked, my chest rising and falling as I looked at Leon in hope he could answer. 

Leon frowned, his eyes becoming worried as he searched my panicked expression. “What’s wrong?” he asked his voice on edge as he moved towards me crouching in front of me.

I gripped his arm, “Answer the question Leon.”

Leon shook his head, his eyes on my hand that gripped his arm, “No, none of us ever did find out.”

I stood up, sending the crouching Leon backwards, he cursed as he fell on his butt. My sorry was lost as I snatched my coat off of the side and began making my way around the bed and towards the door as I forced my arms through the holes. My hand gripped around the cold handle and I pulled the door open but before I could slip out of it, it slammed shut. I jumped and looked at the hand that was resting on the wood. I thought about screaming as my heart pounded.

Leon’s words made me jump, “Gwen, I'm not letting you leave until you tell me what’s wrong.” I turned to look up at him, slightly frightened that he could be the one out to hurt Kyle.

No, that’s impossible he’s just concerned.

“They’re the same Leon!” I half shouted as I turned back around and pulled at the door handle. I had to see Kyle; I had to know that he was alright, that he was safe.

Leon gripped my shoulder and forcefully spun me around, his hands gripping my shoulders as he tried to keep me still. “What’s the same Gwen? I don’t understand.” he asked confused.

I let out a clam breath the message clear; he wasn’t going to let me leave until I calmed down. I let out a long breath and looked up at him.

“The bracelets,” I told him calmly, “The bracelets are the same Chris and Amy have- or had the same bracelets.” I finished as I tried to move out of his grip. Leon frowned and looked down, trying to figure out what I had said.

I tapped his shoulder and whispered, “I'm sorry.”

This confused him even more as he shook his head and raised an eyebrow, “Why-” before he could mutter anything else I lifted my knee and kneed him in the crown jewels.

Leon groaned and fell down like a sack of potatoes. I spun back around and pulled open the door as I took off full speed towards the end of the hall.

“Gwen!” Leon half groaned as I spun around the corner, the small rug bunching up and sliding on the polished floor, I regained my balance and pushed through a crowd of boy classmate that were heading down the stairs.

“Gwen, why is there a girl here? Hey Gwen!” some shouted and I ignored them.

The layout was similar to the girls as I stopped in the middle of the common room where everyone gathered in front of the fire.  Random guys were scattered around the room, some lounging in the sofas as I scanned around looking for familiar blond hair.

When I was greeted with stares and whispers I ran out of the room, heading for the wooden door. As soon as I pulled it open I was greeted with cold air and flakes of snow. Leaving the door open I ran along the path that had been created, the grit made it slippy and making me feel like I was running but getting nowhere.

When I reached the girls door, I pushed past Stacy who shouted something that I didn’t hear.

By the time I came to my dorm room, my heart was ready to jump out of my chest and I felt like I was drowning in my own sweat. I looked both ways down the hall before gently turning the door knob, it was unlocked and my breath froze as it swung open, hitting the wall. My boots made sloshy sounds as I stepped in to an empty room. The door swung shut behind me making me jump. Slowly, I made my way into the room as I spun around searching for any sign of someone being in here. My eyes landed on a pile of my clothes half packed into my bag. I tenderly picked up one of my favorite clothes and dropped it when I remembered the single was up. I hurriedly pulled out my phone and speed dialed Kyle's number. I began putting my clothes in the bag, as the phone connected and began ringing, my actions where stopped when something began vibrating. I took a step back, my eyes scanning the room as I searched for the source of the sound. This time I don’t think it’s a vibrating toothbrush.

My knees shook as I crouched down to lift up the sheet that dangled under my bed. I swear to god, if a zombie or an alien jumps out from under my bed I am going to throw myself out of the window and give up looking for Kyle.  My phone was still pressed against my ear, the ringing echoing as I lifted up the seat to reveal a phone, not just any phone, Kyle's phone.

I picked it up and looked down at it, the picture of Kyle and I at the beach was my contact picture.

Someone rapping their knuckles against the door made me jump and drop Kyle's phone.  I quickly picked it back up and declined the call before headed towards the door. Taking a deep breath I opened the door, my eyes widening at who I seen.

“Surprise!” Aunt June shouted as she threw her arm in the air.

Before she could even so much as walk forward something swung forward knocking Aunt June in the head. I watched as her face fell and she fell forward, collapsing on the ground. I screamed, crouching down where she laid unconscious. My eyes travelled up the spade and into the eyes of Amy.

Okay, I'm going to say it, shit just got real! Thank you all for reaading! xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
9.7K 284 45
Most books are from the point of view of the good, nerdy girl and the queen b is paints in a very bad light. This story is from the perspective of th...
1.5M 46K 43
*NOT A FANFIC* Abigail Simmons and her twin brother, Tony, moves schools for their last year. Why? Well, let's just say one of them got kicked out o...
330K 9K 30
Beatrice hates school, and everyone in it. she has one friend, her names Mags. other then that she is a loner. she doesn't mind entirely though becau...