The Replacement Girlfriend

By AubreyEatsHearts

Chase Evans may be a notorious playboy, but he’s always known he’d fall hopelessly in love one day. So when h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 34

404K 4.2K 773
By AubreyEatsHearts

For the ZOMG adorable banner!!! I love it soooooo much!!!!

34. Tough Guys Wear Pink  

Monday turned out to be an extremely boring day for Krislynn full of vacuuming, cleaning, and laundry. Chase had left early that morning to secure a location for one of the scenes in his upcoming movie, and although Pete had dropped by in the afternoon so she could fill out a job application, he had left after that with the promise of picking her up Tuesday for her first day at work.

Krislynn managed to keep herself entertained, singing along to music being blasted by Chase’s stereo as she cleaned the house, but nothing could have stopped the excitement from escaping her facial expression when he finally came home at quarter after three. She shot up from where she was sitting on the loveseat, her knees on the sofa cushions as her stomach pressed against the back cushion of the couch, and beamed at him before turning off the stereo with the remote. “How was work today?” She asked.

“Nothing you need to worry your little pea brain about,” he muttered as he stuffed one hand down into his pocket.

She wrinkled her nose at him as he walked up to her so that the only distance between them was the back part of the sofa. “At least I’ve got a brain,” she retorted, and might have even added more if the shiny object he was pulling out of his pocket hadn’t caught her eye. “Hey! What’s that?” Excitement resonated from her voice. “Is it for me?”

“Not anymore it’s not!” Chase scowled and made a face before pretending to be deeply wounded by her insult. One hand waving the silver cellphone high in the air, he allowed his free hand to clasp over his heart as a dramatic sigh escaped his lips. “And I went alllll the way to get you a new phone after work today! I guess somebody doesn’t want it!”

“No! No! No!” Krislynn instantly jumped up on the couch and lunged for it, but Chase quickly moved his hands behind his back where she couldn’t reach. “Somebody does want it,” she whimpered, her eyes big like a puppy dog as she nibbled softly on her lower lip. “Somebody really wants it.”

“Who wants it?” He teased.

“I do,” she murmured.

“Who’s ‘I’?”

By now it was obvious he was fooling around with her even if the big, lopsided smirk on his face wasn’t there, but Krislynn had been desperate for a new phone ever since she broke hers last week. “I do,” she said, getting impatient. “Krislynn does!” She had no idea where he was going with this.

Chase made a face at her. “Who’s that?” He said, trying not to laugh. “I only remember a girl whose name is a certain pink farm animal.”

Krislynn let out a squeal as she quickly ducked her head and launched her arms around his waist, aiming for the phone behind his back, but he was just one step ahead of her and smoothly lifted both arms up just as she initiated her attack, causing her to miss entirely. She growled at him and he laughed as a response. “Come on,” he taunted. “Who wants the phone?”

“I’m not going to submit to you,” she shouted, but her voice lacked anger and instead projected a teasing tone.

Again, she made a grab for his arms, one hand gripping his shoulder to stable herself as the other arm lunged for the phone. Chase laughed and didn’t move from where he stood, but extended his arm backwards so she had to lean over his head to reach for it. Her chest inevitably pushed into his face and he took in a breath of her scent as he snickered against her breasts, “I like where this is going.”

Krislynn pulled back instantly and then frowned before extending her hand. “Please Chase!” She begged. “Before I come over to the other side and kick you.”

He laughed. “Then I’ll just kick you back,” he said. “Come on. Just say it. Who wants the phone?”

Krislynn hesitated as she fidgeted with the corner of her shirt. Finally, she sighed before glaring up at him with a playful pout on her face. “Piggy does,” she said helplessly. “Piglet wants the phone.”

Chase burst into laughter which only caused Krislynn’s cheeks to flush a deep red. “Shut up,” she screamed. “You’re sick and retarded! I have no idea why you think it’s funny! Now give it.”

He gently tossed the cellphone to her and watched her slump back down on the loveseat as she played around with the new, little device. “You’re so rude,” he muttered, taking a seat beside her as he pulled out his own phone from his other pocket. “Can’t you say thank you after?”

“Not after you made me say all that,” she growled. “And then laughed after!”

Chase rolled his eyes at her before playing with a few features on his own phone. Her temper was as bad as ever, but she was amused easily, and almost after a moment of fooling around with the device, had completely forgotten about it. “It’s so cool,” she chirped. “I can go on the internet and everything with it!”

“Most phones can,” he muttered. “Your old phone was just completely ghetto.”

Krislynn stuck her tongue out at him, but kept her gaze focused entirely on her phone. “And you even added Michelle and everybody’s number in here.” Her voice grew irritated. “Along with the fire department, the police, and your favourite Chinese take-out place.”

“Yup,” he said nonchalantly. “Hey Krislynn, smile.”

She looked up – eyebrows furrowed – obviously pissed off that he was treating her like a kid and felt a bright flash suck the soul out of her. Krislynn shook her head and blinked repeatedly until the spots of random colors cleared from her sight. “What was that for? Did you just take a picture of me?”

“For my call display when you phone,” he explained before giving her a toothy grin. “Want to see it?” Krislynn quickly nodded and he positioned his phone so that they could both look at the welcome screen. “Go ahead. Call me.”

Krislynn did as she was told and then watched his phone as the screen turned black and the words ‘Incoming Call’ was displayed on the screen. It lasted a brief half second before the picture of a fat pig rolling in the mud appeared with the name ‘Krislynn’ right beneath it. Immediately, her jaw fell as he broke into laughter. “The picture turned out well, didn’t it?” He laughed. “You’re so photogenic! I’m so jealous!”

“That is not me,” she screamed and then lightly whacked him on the arm as he continued to tease her. “What happened to the one you just took?! Let me see it!”

Chase could hardly manage a word through his hysterical laughter, but leaned back on his side of the sofa as she climbed on top of him so she could take his phone out of his hands. She sat on top of his lap, her face wrinkled in concern as she flipped through his pictures and found the one of he had just taken. She frowned when she saw it. “My eyes are closed.”

“Here, want to take another one?” Chase snatched his phone back and sneaked his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close so that their cheeks pressed together. “You ready? Smile.” He quickly took the picture of them together and then peered at it and laughed when he realized neither of them smiled. Instead, they both crossed their eyes and stuck their tongue out at the camera.

Slipping his phone inside his pocket, he quickly ushered Krislynn off his lap before heading upstairs. “Hey,” she yelled after him. “Where are you going?! I haven’t seen the picture yet!”

“I never said I was going to show you,” he teased. Hastily, he took a few steps up the staircase before backtracking. “Oh yeah. And I’m going out tonight. You don’t have to make me dinner.”

Disheartened, Krislynn stood up and took a few steps toward him. “But you just got back,” she murmured, unable to hide her disappointment. “You’re going out again?”

“Yeah. After I take a shower.” With that, he hurried upstairs leaving Krislynn alone to mope by herself.

Deciding there was no way she could stop him from going out just because she would be lonely by herself at home, Krislynn went and tidied up the kitchen cabinets. Chase came down after he finished his shower and dried his hair, screaming her name at the top of his lungs. “Krislynn! What happened to all of my white dress shirts?”

She came out of the kitchen and took one glance at him before giggling. His hair was its usual sexy mess of brown locks, the tresses curled just slightly at the end, but his attire was a completely different kind of mess – most noticeably the blue dress shirt he had one arm in, the rest dragging behind him like a flowing skirt. “Where are all my white dress shirts?” He pressed.

“Probably in the dryer or washer still. I did some laundry today.”

He hurried down to the laundry room and after a moment, Krislynn heard her name echoing throughout the house. She quickly trudged down there and found Chase glaring at her with one hand holding up a bunch of pink dress shirts and the other holding up a pair of red cotton underwear. “What is this?” He barked, waving his dress shirts around.

Krislynn raised her chin at him and didn’t even falter. “They were pink before,” she said confidently.

His jaw fell open as his eyes lit up in amusement. “Say that again,” he laughed stiffly. “I dare you to say that again.”

She lifted her chin even higher. “They were pink before.”

“You little son of a–” Immediately he threw the clothes on the floor before he grabbed her and started tickling her on the side of her ribs.

“No! Chase! Stop!” She laughed.

“Tell me the truth,” he yelled, letting her go.

Krislynn nibbled on her lips. “I missed it when I was separating the colors,” she explained. “But they were mostly my clothes and 3 of yours so I just dumped them in the dryer and thought I could pass it off–”

“Like they were pink before?” He finished, cocking his eyebrow at how twisted this girl was. Chase heaved a sigh. “Okay. I’m not going to argue with you,” he said. “Where are the rest of my dress shirts then?”

Krislynn pointed at the washer where it made a soft whish-whish sound, and Chase instantly let out a groan. “They’re still washing?!”

“Only for another 12 minutes.”

“But they have to dry after, and I don’t have the time to wait!”

Krislynn shrugged and hopped on top of the washer so she could sit on it. “What’s wrong with the blue one you’ve got on now?”

“Long story. I’m having dinner with a few of my sponsors tonight and I forgot one of them is psychotic and hates the color blue. He’s filthy rich though, and it probably wouldn’t be very smart if I pissed him off.”

“Well, what other colors do you have?”

Chase frowned. “White. Blue. And apparently pink now,” he muttered, picking up one of the rose colored shirts off the floor. Krislynn smirked and he quickly caught on. “Oh no! I am not wearing a pink dress shirt to a formal dinner with my sponsors and the producers!!! Do you know how embarrassing that would be?!”

“Oh come on!” She taunted. “You would rock that shit so hard pimping out in pink!” She jumped off the washer and snatched the silver tie she had ironed not long ago before draping it around his neck and hopping back on the washer. “Imagine that, black suit, and this silver tie.” Chase raised an eyebrow at her, unconvinced, and Krislynn decided she would have to step up her game if she didn’t want him snapping her neck off for ruining his night. “Come on! You’re Chase Evans. You can pull off red lipstick and a ball gown dress!”

“You’re just sucking up.”

“Am not! Give me that!” Krislynn rapidly grabbed the tie from him before fastening it around her neck to keep it in place. Then she tugged his blue shirt off before helping him put on the pink one. Through one sleeve. Through the other. Then the buttons.

Krislynn started at the bottom of the shirt – one button after another up his body. Her hands nimbly worked, grazing over the perfect color of his skin, the abs, the pecs – her breath caught in her throat as her eyes kept wandering upwards – his Adam’s Apple, his strong jaw-line, his eyes. She sucked in another breath. The hard, persuasive gaze of his eyes; seductive silver rings around his pupils like a full moon swallowing up a whole city in a blackout. For miles and miles and miles, only the silver stretched on, until she realized there were only his eyes. Nothing else. She couldn’t look away from him.

“Are you done?” He asked.

Her heart jolted in her chest. Her body trembled at the husky hum of his voice. Or maybe it was the gentle vibration of the washing machine below.

“Yes.”

Chase’s own eyes stared into hers, locked in an azure casket of eternity. “What now?” He murmured.

Krislynn could barely hear herself speak. His eyes were drowning her in a thick rhythm of her own heartbeat. She parted her lips. Spoke. The tie. Hoping he’d hear.

His hands moved over to the knot around her neck. Loosened it. Tugged. And then Krislynn felt the rough force of the air as his lips crushed against hers.

She couldn’t breathe.

The hotness of his lips melted against hers until she didn’t know where he started and where he stopped. Her mouth moved in sync with his. Her lips parted. His tongue jabbed in.

She couldn’t breathe and she didn’t even care.

His hand gripped onto the sides of her hip and pulled her closer to him, slamming his pelvis into her, and her legs circled around his waist in response. Krislynn could feel her body shaking from the vibration of the washing machine. She could feel her body gently rubbing against Chase where he was growing rock stiff.  Her fingers tangled in his hair. Her body whimpered – the part between her legs throbbing uncontrollably – pulsing with desire and need and lust.  

And just like that, it ended and she found Chase standing one metre away from her, mouth wide. Panting. “It... I... It um... I just...” He cringed and ran his hand through his hair in distress. “That didn’t mean anything.”

And just like that, the airy feeling Krislynn was feeling disappeared, replaced by an invisible force of pressure pushing down on her. It was like her heart suddenly grew claustrophobic of her own rib cage. Everything seemed to cave in, crushing down from all sides until it eventually bursts from the inside out. “Right. I know that.” She whispered. “It didn’t mean anything to me either.”

His expression grew pained. “Good. I guess.” He quickly uttered a couple more words before excusing himself and leaving the room without the tie.

Krislynn didn’t know how long she sat on the washer for. When she came to, it had already stopped shaking and she brainlessly continued to do the rest of the laundry. She must have been in there for another hour, sorting, folding, and ironing, and then from the black-hole of her head, she suddenly got it. She finally understood.

The shallow breathing, the chest pounding, the heart clenching – she finally got it. Krislynn stumbled back as the epiphany hit her and swept her up like a tornado. “Holy shit,” she whispered. “I think I like him.”  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 28.9K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
461K 10.9K 64
Juliet Grayson and Warner Brooks could not be more opposite. Juliet has struggled with body image issues and bullying her entire life. Being 40 pound...
11.5M 175K 36
Kelsey Mays knows everything there is to know when it comes to loving a bad boy. They're uncaring jerks who will leave you brokenhearted and alone wi...
His Rose By Odessey

Teen Fiction

127 13 12
Adina Rose Brooks was a pretty basic girl. She got good grades, had a great group of friends, and lived a basic American life. Nothing was out of the...