Beside You | Calum Hood

By letsfkingdance

I never would've thought I would run into him 4 years later... #1 Calum Fanfic (May 2021) Beside You | Calum... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29.1
29.2
30
31
32
Epilogue
Epilogue Pt. 2
Update

6

5.6K 61 15
By letsfkingdance

This chapter goes out to AustralianFools     ~Thank you for all the support!

Calum's POV

I wince as the sun blinds me through the light of the curtains. I lift my head off the pillow to see a sleeping Skyler on my chest, then remember last night's conversation. I lay back down smiling, as I remember Skyler saying she would come on tour with me. In attempt to not wake Skyler up, I reach across her body for my phone, but sadly fail as the phone slips from my grasp and falls to the floor with a thud. Her body stirs, as she lazily leans up, looking around the room then down at me. I smile.

"Morning, beautiful," I say sheepishly, kissing her forehead. Giving me a tired smile, she goes back to her position on my chest.

"Morning, Cal-Pal," We lay there just talking, like we did the night before. When I tell her about the tour and the stupid things the guys have done over these past couple months, she laughs and begins to trace her fingers lightly over my tattoos.

"I like this one," She says pointing to the feather on my collar bone.

"Yeah?" I ask and she nods, "I want to get another one."

"Of what?"

"Roman numeral 4." I smile, SKyler looks at me confused.

"Why 4?

"It's the years we spent apart," I explain, "I want to remember that I waited four long, dreadful years just to get you back in my life."

"Let's do it."

"What?"

"I'll get the same thing as you," I smile at her idea, "That way we can remember together."

"I like that," I start to get up but she grabs my arm.

"Cal," She whines, "Stay, I want to cuddle!" I laugh and give her a devilish grin.

"We'll be able to cuddle as long as you want, when you come on the rest of the tour with me." Her face lights up.

"Okay, I'm holding you to that, Hood," Skyler says getting up and kissing me on the cheek.

"You missed!" I yell at her as she walks out of the room.

"I have to pack!" She calls out but soon returns, leaning in the door way, "Besides we'll be able to do plenty of that on tour," She winks, mocking me before leaving the room once more swaying her hips as she goes. I watch her, before going down to make breakfast and let out a shaky breath,

"Damn."

~

About an hour later she comes down dressed, with two suit cases in her hands and I run over to grab them so she doesn't have to carry them the rest of the way down.

"Calum, I could've carried those by myself," She whines.

"Um, I'm sorry but it looked like somebody was going to fall half way down the stairs like last night," I smirk, turning around to head back to the kitchen when she jumps on my back.

"Hey!" I say surprised almost falling over. Deciding to have some fun with it, I start spinning around causing both of us to laugh as if we were high.

"Woah Calum! Stop I'm getting dizzy," She squeals. I stop and she takes a deep breath in,

"Do I smell waffles?"

"Maybe," I smile, knowing how much she loves waffles.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Onward!" She yells and I run to the kitchen with her on my back. Setting her down on the island counter in the kitchen, I turn to face her. I step between her legs and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"I'm so excited, Calum," Skyler says referring to the tour.

"I'm more excited," I playfully argue.

"I'm extremely excited."

"Oh yeah, well I'm more excited-er!"

"I'm so excited... Damn it! You win," She admits, "I can't think of any more." She throws her arms up in defeat.

"Aww, it's alright, princess. You already won," I point out, she cocks her head, confused.

"And what was it that I supposedly 'already' have won?"

"Your looking at it!" I smirk, flashing a smile. She laughs and rolls her eyes, just before leaning in and leaving a small kiss on my lips.

"Let's eat!"

~

     We finish eating and clean up, before I begin to drag her stuff out to the car, getting ready to head back to the busses. I go back into the house, and find Skyler by the bookshelves in her living room. I come up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder to see what she's looking at. I smile seeing that it's a picture of her and I when we were 15. We were on the couch, laying down, Skyler wrapped in my arms sleeping. We just got back from a party at Ashton's house because she wasn't feeling good. So I took her home and stayed with her in case she needed anything. Her mom must have found us like that and took the picture.

    "I like that picture," I whisper and kiss her neck softly.

    "Me too," she says smiling, "Are you ready?"

    "Whenever you are. You should take that with us." I suggest, and she nods and grabbing hold of my hand. I give it a squeeze and she squeezes back.

    "Skyler I--"

    "Skyler?" A women's voice slurs, interrupting me, "Wh-whose car is that in the drive way?" Skyler looks to where the voice is coming from with wide eyes,

    "Mum?"

    "Answer me the first time, young lady," Skyler's mum shouts, stumbling into the living room carrying her heals in one hand and a bottle of tequila in the other, "I've told you multiple times to speak up when you're talking-- Oh my goodness, is that Caleb Hood?"

    "Calum, Mum," I roll my eyes, sighing heavily, "It's Calum."

    "Hello, Heather," I smile, giving a polite wave. She nods my way acknowledgingly, before pinching the bridge of her nose, and falling back on the couch.

    "I could barely recognize you with all of... That," Heather motions, pointing out my more built body, hair, and tattoos.

    "Mum!" Skyler shouts.

    "What? Don't yell at me! I'm just pointing out the obvious," Heather says tiredly, "So are you kids hooking up or--?"

    "NO!" Skyler lets out a frustrated groan, as my face pales. 

    "Then where are you heading to?"

    "We're leaving," Skyler says simply, standing her ground.

    "What?" Her mother screeches.

    "You heard me," Skyler spats, "I'm going with him on tour, Mum. He asked and I said yes because I thought for once I wouldn't have to be alone in this hell hole. I'm safe when I'm with Calum, but here... I don' know what the word 'safe' even means." Immediately after saying those words, Skyler fell back holding her face, her mother standing there with her hand held close to her chest.

     "Skyler, I--" She stutters stepping towards the fallen body in my arms.

     "Don't fucking touch her," I hiss, my jaw clenching, "C'mon, Sky, let's get out of here." Skyler quickly agrees as she stands up and drags me to the doorway.

     "If you leave," Her mother shouts, "You better not ever fucking come back." Skyler releases herself from my grip and turns back to look at her mother one last time.

     "I never planned on it, bitch." With that, she slams the door shut and walk out hand and hand to the car where we both know we'll be safe with each other.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}}}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Hey guys! I am so so so so so so so so sorry that i haven't updated in ages. I've been trying to keep up with school and etc. But now I plan on updating a lot since i'm officially on spring break!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.9K 52
Why did you have to pick me. Stella said Because you're special.Calum But I don't want to be yours.Stella said But babe you already are.He said...
212K 3.2K 69
I write these preferences about Michael, Calum, Luke and Ashton from 5 Seconds of Summer. please private message me for art credits © @eliotwaugh via...
327K 6.7K 103
imagines about Column, Huke Lemmings, the Cliffoconda, and Irwie
182K 3.6K 117
Unknown: Although maybe I'll thank him 2 Me: lol why? Unknown: Cos he made me talk 2 u (C) brainoverload 🤓 2018 / added to in 2021 Calum hood fan f...