His Girl ~ Scott McCall [2]

By multi_fandom2015

Emma Bradley is back. After ending sophomore year by defeating the kanima, she had to leave Beacon Hills for... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: Back to Beacon Hills
Chapter 2: The Bite
Chapter 3: Deucalion, The Demon-Wolf
Chapter 4: The Bus Incident
Chapter 5: The Motel Glen Capri
Chapter 7: The Anniversary
Chapter 8: Finding the Darach
Chapter 9: The Hospital
Chapter 10: Beginning of the Ritual
Chapter 11: Finding the Nemeton
Chapter 12: The Elemental
Chapter 13: Sleeping Problems
Chapter 14: What Really Happened To Ollie
Final Book

Chapter 6: Saving the Vet

8.1K 158 115
By multi_fandom2015

"So..." Scott says, plopping down on the bed next to me.

"So." I say, nodding my head. 

"Do you want me to start or...?"

"No, I can start." Scott says, pursing his lips. "I said I love you."

"So did I."

"And I meant it."

"So did I."

"What do you want to do?" 

I was taken aback by the question. "What do you want to do?"

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second." I try but earn a playful glare. "I guess I want to..." I stop, not actually knowing what I want. "I want to go on a date." I say, my cheeks flaring red.

"So would I." Scott smiles. 

"Great."

"Awesome." We both nod our heads and look down.

"Oh my god, just ask her already!" We hear Isaac yell from the other room. If possible, I feel my cheeks burn even more as I glance at Scott.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asks, his face slightly red.

"I would love to." I smile.

"Good."

"Great."

"Yeah..." Scott licks his lips before glancing at mine. He slowly leans in and presses his lips to my cheek. He leans back and smiles slightly as I bite my lip. He gets up but I stop him before he gets to the door.

"Scott, wait." I say, getting up.

"Yeah— oh!" Scott exclaims as I smash my lips against his.

I slowly move my head back and smile shyly. "Finally!" Isaac yells from his room.

"Shut up!" I yell in response, earning a slight chuckle from Scott.

"I'm gonna go give my mom some dinner. Be home soon." Scott says, kissing my nose before heading out.

I smile to myself as I sit on my bed. I laugh a little as I think, I'm dating Scott McCall...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up early the next day to find that both Isaac and Scott are not in their rooms. I walk over to Melissa's room and see that she is sleeping as well. I look down at the floor and laugh. Scott and Isaac are sleeping on the ground.

My laugh must have woken Melissa because the next thing I know, I hear her say, "Really boys?" She looks at me with an eyebrow raised. I shrug as she sighs. "Boys!" Both boys wake up with a start and stand up quickly. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh, we were watching over you." Isaac says, looking at Scott.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice." Scott says, making me think back to yesterday when we discovered that the next group of sacrifices was healers.

"Both of you were asleep." I giggle, making the boys turn towards me.

"Is that my shirt?" Scott asks, looking at a flannel of his. I put it on last night because I got cold.

My cheeks flare up as I look down. "Uh..."

"You were on watch last." Scott says, furrowing his eyebrows and ignoring my flustered expression.

"What are you talking about? You were on watch last." Isaac counters, scratching the back of his neck.

"No, you were on watch last." Scott says.

"I might have been on watch last." Isaac confesses, looking towards Melissa.

"My heroes." Melissa says, laughing. "Wait, didn't you say that they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D recently attached to the end of my name, so I think I'm in the clear."

"Yeah, but it could just come under any kind of hear, Mom, and you were defiantly a healer last night." Scott says proudly.

"Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be anyone's human sacrifice today, so all of you get your butts to school." Melissa says.

The boys walk out of the room, leaving me and Melissa laughing. Scott eyes my legs before walking into his room, making me blush.

"Today's gonna be a good day." I mutter, walking to my room to change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac, Boyd and I all look at each other before Isaac swings the loft door open. We all walk inside as a gruff voice says, "Go back to school."

"Well, actually, we can't." Isaac tells his alpha. "Boyd and I are incredibly an unbelievably sick while Emma here is just, well, she's Emma."

"What are you sick with, brain damage?" Derek asks, walking down the spiral staircase. His lips are tugged into a smile as he sees his betas. 

"Well, I have a migraine, and uh, Boyd here has explosive diarrhea." Isaac says, getting me to giggle and Boyd to roll his eyes. Since the motel, the betas and I have become close. I'm glad I have them to talk to, I don't know what I would do if one of them died. 

"We're here to protect you." Boyd sighs, eye finding his alpha's.

"You're here to protect me? Well, I in trouble then." Derek jokes. 

"Actually, Boyd here came up with a plan." I say, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up," Boyd says, opening his duffle bag. I wince when he mentions Erica, but I pul my mind off of her as he reveals wires. "Tied up with electrical wires pushing current through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that, but on a bigger scale."

I walk over to a hose and turn on the water. I bring the hose, turing water onto the ground, as I explain the plan. "In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to 50 milliamps to kill a normal human, less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb."

"That's comforting." Derek sighs, watching the water spill onto the floor. 

I drop the hose as I continue. "If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room,the current will keep coming, and anyone who steps foot in the room... Well, lets just say they'll get a shocking surprise." 

"Especially someone who's barefoot." Isaac adds in approval. 

My phone dings, earning me a look from all of the boys. I sigh and look at the text. I read it over again, just to make sure I was reading it right. 

From Scott: Get to school. URGENT! Deaton was taken.

"Something wrong?" Derek asks, making me turn towards them. 

"Uh, yeah, actually. I gotta-- I gotta go. Will you guys be ok?" I ask. 

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Isaac says, giving me a weird look.

"Be careful." I say before exiting the loft. I quickly get to the school where I hear commotion in the music room. 

I rush to the room and slam the doors open to see Scott and Deucalion fighting. "Scott!" I scream as the tip of Deucalion's cane stabs Scott's shoulder. 

"Impressive, but you know I'm not the one slashing up innocent people, praying to ancient gods or gathering herbs, or whatever the hell druids are supposed to do." Deucalion says as I rush over to Scott. 

"You ok?" I ask quietly, earning a quick nod in response. 

"I am part of a pack that wants Derek dead, though. Kali is coming for him, so there's a difficult choice you're about to face, because someone is going to die tonight, and whether that's Deaton or Derek, that's up to you." Deucalion says. I shoot straight up and stand in front of Scott.

"Just tell us where he is and no one needs to die." I say through the pounding of my heart.

"I'll give yo a clue. Let the current guide you." Deucalion says. "And do tell me when it starts."

"When what starts?" I ask, looking from a confused Scott to an emotionless Demon-wolf. 

Deucalion flicks out his claws, making my heart pound even faster. Suddenly, the door flies open, knocking Deucalion into the piano. "That." He says, brushing himself off before walking out go the room. 

"Scott? Are you ok?" I ask, dropping next to him.

"Yeah." He smiles.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because that was awesome." He laughs as I help him up. His face hardens as he says, "We need to find the others."

"Why?" 

"Because we need to find Danny."

"Why Danny?"

"Because, last night he was a target but not a sacrifice."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" I whisper as he closes the door to Danny's hospital room.

"Shhh!" He shushes me before diving towards Danny's stuff. Scott went to Allison's because she thinks she found something and I am stuck with Stiles. 

I roll my eyes as Stiles slaps Danny's face a few times, checking if he is awake. "Stiles!" I hiss. He looks up at me and gives Danny one more pat before digging through his stuff. 

"What are you doing?" A strangled voice says, stopping Stiles in his tracks. 

"I'm not doing anything Danny. This is just a dream that you're having." Stiles says, poking his head above the bed. 

"Why are you going through my stuff?" Danny asks, not noticing me. 

"Right, but only in the dream, remember? Dream. You're dreaming." Stiles whispers.

"Why would I dream of you going through my stuff?"

Stiles comes back to the bed, a look of pure annoyance etched on his face. "I don't know that Danny, ok? It's your dream. Take responsibility for it. Shut up and go back to sleep." Danny surprisingly shuts up and Stiles grabs a paper out of the unconscious boy's bag and drags me out of the hospital. 

"What did you find?" I ask as Stiles digs through his pocket for his phone.

"Danny's homework is on telluric currents and I think--"

"Currents?" I ask, remembering what Deucalion said about currents. 

"Yeah." Stiles smiles before calling Scott to meet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, so, what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?" Cora asks as we spread the maps on the table. 

"Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right? Now, look at this. This is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal." Stiles says, showing Danny's paper to the group.

"'I strongly advise you to choose another subject. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class.'" Lydia reads skeptically.

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice. He knew something." Scott realizes. 

"Exactly. Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one too. Danny marked all the telluric currents. Look" I say, motioning towards the map on the table. 

"Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon. You wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town." Stiles says. 

"Stiles, look, they match." Scott says, placing the photos of Chris Argent's map on top of Danny's. "All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped," Scott circles the animal clinic on the map.  "And then the place where their body was found." Scott circles another place on the map. 

"Look, that's right on the telluric current." Lydia observes. 

"So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between." I suggest, looking at the map. 

"Let me see that." Stiles says, grabbing the pen from Scott. "You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Got to be somewhere in between, right?" Stiles glides his hand across the map, trying t figure out where Dr. Deaton is. 

"Stop." Cora says, grabbing his hand. She moves the pen to where it says 'Beacon Hills First National Bank. "He's in the vault. He's in the same vault."

Everyone grabs their stuff and starts to head out the door. "Guys, hold on." I say, noticing Cora on her phone.

"Emma, we don't have time." Scott stresses

"It's Boyd." Cora says, speaking up. "The plan didn't work. They cut the power."

"It's just like he said." Scott whispers. My head whips to him and I sigh.

"Go. We can save Deaton." I say, grabbing Scott's arm. 

"What? Emma, what about us?"

"Cora can't get there fast enough without you. Go. We can save both of them." I reassure them before dragging Scott to his bike. 

Scott takes off with me on the bike towards the bank. No matter how much I try, all I can think about is how my arms are wrapped around his toned chest. Not the time Emma! 

We jump off the bike and race towards the vault in the abandoned bank. Scott freezes when he reaches the open door, making me slam into him. I follow his gaze to see Deaton hanging in the center of the room. I grab his hand and we run at the vet. 

We are both thrown to the ground, making me groan in pain. I look down to see a circle of mountain ash enclosing the dying doctor. I pant as the pain starts to subside, but not enough for me to stand up. 

Scott, on the other hand, stands up immediately and starts to push on the barrier. He screams in effort as  watch, frozen. Scott is thrown back again, and lands on me. I gasp at his body and look back at a taken aback Deaton. 

"Scott." A voice says from behind. We look back and see the sheriff standing there. "Let me give it a shot." He takes out his gun and shoots at the rope holding Deaton off the ground. 

Deaton falls to the ground, breaking the mountain ash line. Scott races towards the vet and props him up against the wall. His eyes flutter open and he smiles at us. "How'd you find us?" I ask, letting Scott and Deaton have their moment. 

"The vials in the clinic with the celtic symbols on them? I knew one of 'em looked familiar." The sheriff says, looking back at the logo of the bank. 

"Sheriff, thank you for being one hell of a detective." Deaton says gratefully. 

"You bet, lets get you an ambulance." The sheriff says, excusing himself to call for help. 

The moment the sheriff leaves the room, I feel an arm on me, pulling me towards Deaton. I look back to see that Deaton pulled both Scott and I closer to him. "Your eyes, were red." Deaton says seriously. "Bight red." 

"How is that possible?" Scott asks.

"He's not an alpha." I say, shaking my head. 

"Paramedics are on their way." The sheriff calls. "I'll be back in half a minute."

"It's rare. It's something that doesn't happen within 100 years.But every once in a while a beta can become an alpha without having to steal or take that power." Deaton explains. "They call it a true alpha. It's one who rises purely on the strength of character, by virtue, by sheer force of will."

"You knew." I breathe, catching his meaning.

"You knew this would happen." Scott confirms, looking at his mentor. 

"I believed. From the moment I knew you were bitten, I believed." Deaton says, making me realize something.

"You're not the only one." I say, feeling my heart rate accelerate. 

"What do you mean?" Scott asks, looking at me with concern. 

"Deucalion doesn't just want Derek. He wants you." I breathe, looking into his chocolate eyes. "You're a threat. A new, powerful alpha is rising, one that could defeat Deucalion, of course he would feel threatened. He wants you." I explain, my worry only growing. 

"That's why he bit you." Deaton says, making me face him. "He needed leverage. At least, that's my thinking." I feel Scott's hand slide into mine in a comforting way.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers. 

"It's ok." I say, not blaming him one bit. "It cured me, right? I'm ok." 

"Lets get you into the ambulance." The sheriff says, appearing behind us. He helps Deaton out of the room, leaving Scott and I in the room. 

3RD PERSON POV

Deaton is lead out as Emma's phone dings. She quickly grabs her phone and freezes. "Em?" Scott asks, not realizing the new nickname. He listens as her heart beat goes way up as a shaking hand reaches her mouth. 

She chokes back a sob and Scott is right next to her. The phone slips out of her grip and clatters to the ground. "What happened?" Scott asks worriedly. 

"Kali and-- and the twins. The-they went to Derek's a-and..." She chokes back another sob as she starts to freak out even more. "I have to- I have to---"

"Emma, calm down. What--?" She pushes past him and runs out of the building. Scott stands there, shocked. He slowly stoops down and picks up her phone. He turns it on and reads the text message from Lydia. 

Meanwhile, Emma runs so fast that she makes it to Derek's loft in a matter of seconds. She runs in and gaps at the scene. Isaac is holding a shaking Ms. Blake, the english teacher. Inside the room, Stiles is standing next to a crying Derek as cora sobs loudly over the body in the center of the room. 

Lydia sees the girl and walks over to her. The strawberry blonde wraps her arms around the shaking girl but is shrugged off. "No." Emma says, choking back her sobs as tears flow freely down her face. "Just no!" Emma turns to run, but Scott is standing there, looking at the scene before them.

Scott's hand grabs her arm and pulls her into his chest. "No! Scott, let me go!" She screams, struggling against his grip. As Scott tries to calm her down, Lydia notices water droplets rising from the water coated floor. Stiles seems to notice it too and they both look towards the sobbing girl. 

She finally gets that she won't be able to break free of Scott, so she relaxes in his arms and sobs. "No, no, no!" She screams into him. 

She chances a look at the same scene and Scott looks with her. She turns back, unable to look at the body. Scott looks at the body, unable to get the text out of his head. 

From Lydia: Boyd is dead 

Hope you liked!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 52 28
Book 2 of The love between a werewolf and a human. IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE. OR IT WILL BE CONFUSING. "Sometimes...
12K 216 22
"I don't like you Derek Hale!" I tried to sound convincing, of course he could hear my heart beating. "I don't like you either. You're a baby, and yo...
1.4K 31 18
>> The new kid. There's always someone new in Beacon Hills, always something paranormal. But this something, is a teenager with anger issues and no w...
24.2K 250 36
Senior year has officially begun for Scott, Josie, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira. And Liam was entering the Sophomore year. Everything is beginning to ch...