Shy

By Roll286

She was so different from him. While she was shy and had difficulties speaking her thoughts, he was as outspo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 10

26.5K 964 278
By Roll286

          Clink.

Tsukiko's chopsticks clinked against her bowl. She had just finished eating and was preparing to tell her parents that she was going to come home late. She looked to her guardians.

Her mother was at the sink, washing the dishes. Her father sat at the head of the table and was reading the newspaper as usual.

Something seemed oddly familiar about this scene.

This time, it was Tsukiko's mother who noticed that she was just sitting there. "Oh, are you done eating, sweetie? Here, hand me the dishes." Her mother held out her hand for the dishes. Tsukiko complied. "U-um..." Both of her parents looked in her direction.

"I-I'm going to be home l-late again...Is that o-okay?" Her father widened his eyes. This was the first in a long time that his daughter was being so outgoing. Usually she would be home right after school. There were a couple times in a whole semester where she would stay for classroom cleaning duty or for festival preparations, but never consecutively for some other reason. "Again? What are you staying for?" Her father asked. He truly hoped that it wouldn't be because of the boys' volleyball club again.

"I'm j-joining the Student Council t-today." Both parents' eyes widened. Her mother was the first to react. "Honey, that's great! I'm so happy to see you joining a club! What position are you?" "V-vice-President."

Her father gave a boisterous laugh. "That's my girl! Next thing you know, she'll be President in no time!" He started muttering to himself about how smart and capable his little Tsu-chan was. Tsukiko slightly smiled. Her heart was swelling with pride, but she still needed to tell them about also going to the boys' volleyball team practice. "I-I'm also going to w-watch –" She was cut off by her mother's hand covering her mouth.

"Oh, Tsukiko! Look at the time! You'll be late for school if you don't leave soon." With that, her mother pushed Tsukiko's briefcase book bag to her and then proceeded to push Tsukiko to the front door. Tsukiko's father was still busy muttering about how great his daughter is and hadn't even noticed that Tsukiko had something else to say, nor did he notice how his wife cut her off and was urging Tsukiko to leave.

When they reached the front door, Tsukiko gave her mother a questioning look. Her mother already knew what Tsukiko wanted to ask. "I know you were about to say that you were also going to watch the boys' volleyball team practice, but if you had said it, your father would've freaked out. Then, neither of us would hear the end of it."

Tsukiko nodded at her mother, but still held a small bit of confusion on her face. Why would her father be troubled about her going to the boys' volleyball practice?

Her mother looked at her knowingly. Of course her daughter wouldn't know. She probably wasn't even aware of the extent of her father's affections towards her, but she wasn't going to touch on that subject now.

"You're going for that boy, aren't you? The one from last night? The one who walked you home?" Tsukiko gave a startled squeal of embarrassment and her cheeks flushed the usual red. She hadn't known that her mother was aware of the whole situation yesterday. Her mother hadn't said a single word about it, nor did she give any sort of indication that she saw the events that transpired.

Her mother always knew though. She wasn't completely oblivious to her daughter's activities. She witnessed the events of last night through the kitchen window, while she just about finished preparing dinner. Of course she couldn't hear the conversation, but she could've taken a few guesses as to the topic, seeing how both of them were flustered.

Tsukiko's mother gave her own squeal. "My daughter is finally blossoming into a young woman!" Tsukiko blushed further at that. "I-I'm just going as an a-apology! I treated him unfairly, s-so I wanted to repay him..." She trailed off, gripping her briefcase book bag tightly while looking down at her feet.

It was then that her mother figured out that Tsukiko probably didn't entirely realize her own feelings towards the boy. It was only natural; it was most definitely the first time her daughter was experiencing these kinds of emotions. She still needed time to process them fully. She also needed to completely come to terms with her feelings before she could even think of confiding them to her mother.

"In any case, have fun at school today and don't worry about watching the volleyball team practice. Let's just keep that a secret from your father, okay?" Her mother winked as she held her index finger up to her slightly puckered lips in a shushing motion.

Tsukiko gave a confused nod and went on her way to school, mulling about having to go to the Student Council room before she could watch the boys' volleyball team practice.

.

.

.

Tsukiko stood in front of the Student Council room. She was reluctant to go in because of all the noise. There were sounds of rustling papers, banging of chairs and desks, as well as screaming directed towards Matsumoto.

"HIROKI, YOU IDIOT! Why didn't you tell me about her sooner! I would've stayed to make sure you couldn't scare her off!" An unfamiliar voice yelled.

Matsumoto's laughter could be heard. He abruptly slid the door open to run out, surprising both the Council and Tsukiko. Everyone froze with wide eyes.

Matsumoto still had his hand on the side of the door. Tsukiko got a clear view of the inside of the room.

Directly behind Matsumoto was a girl who was still in the position to throw a book at him. Her hand holding the book was poised above her head, about to perform the swinging motion. Another girl was directly behind her along with the twins, Katsuo and Katsuro. The Secretary, Hideaki, just stood on the sidelines.

All of them stared at Tsukiko.

She stared back, feeling extreme awkwardness. She felt her cheeks warm up.

Matsumoto burst with laughter. "Haha! Look at that! She's here! I told you everything would be okay, Prez!" He told the girl who was about to throw a book at him.

She quickly set down the book and put her fist up to her mouth, clearing her throat uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry for all the commotion and if we startled you in any way, Kita-san. Please come in." The female president invited.

Matsumoto came behind Tsukiko and gently pushed her back, ushering her in. "Glad you could make it!" In a much lower tone he stated, "You just saved me from her wrath." He chuckled, earning a glare from the female president.

The Co-President turned her gaze back to Tsukiko. "Please have a seat." She gestured to the chairs in front of her desk. Tsukiko hesitantly took a seat.

"I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences our other Co-President has given you." Once again, she directed a glare at Matsumoto, but he simply brushed it off and smiled back at her.

"My name is Hanamura Chie and this our Public Relations Officer, Katagiri Keiko." Hanamura gestured to the girl next to her. "I assume you've already met the other members of the Student Council?" Tsukiko nodded. "Well, now that I've introduced myself, let's get to the matter at hand. You're here to answer our request of becoming the Vice President, yes? I'm sorry if I'm pressuring you, but the Student Council has many obligations that we need to tend to."

"Y-yes, it's all right. U-um if it's a-alright with everyone, I would l-like to apply for the p-position." Matsumoto laughed. "Ki-chan, there isn't even a need for you to apply. We scouted you, so we're happy that you've accepted the position!"

"For once, I agree with him." Matsumoto made a pouty face at that. "Currently, our situation is a little..." she looked around at the trashed room. "...hectic."

The female Co-President took a stack of papers out from a drawer on her desk. "For now, you can fill out these application forms. Do you think you can have them done by tomorrow? If so, you'll start your duties then." "O-okay." Tsukiko replied. Even though Hanamura was so formal, there was also a certain calming politeness that eased Tsukiko's mind. That, and Matsumoto continuously making faces on the side, made things less tense. He then smiled at Tsukiko.

"Yay! Ki-chan's going to be one of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!" Hanamura shot him another glare, but smiled nonetheless, as did the other members of the Student Council.

"That is all then. Come here tomorrow at the same time with the filled out application forms. I hope to be able to work well with you in the future." Hanamura stood, walked around her desk, and offered her hand for a handshake. Tsukiko frantically stood up and shook the president's hand. "Y-yes! I hope to w-work with you all a-as well! She was then escorted out of the Student Council room.

"See you later Ki-chan!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 13.1K 62
Speaking to Kei Tsukishima started one of the most stressful years of your life, or the beginning of something new and fresh. Ever since you were a y...
37.8K 1.1K 36
Pure cute ✨chaos✨ with none other than Oikawa Toru! In a world where you're Kuroo's sister AND you go to college with the hottest fictional character...
8.7K 229 29
Karasuno's talented manager | The story of a young girl named Hikaru Akabane and a charismatic captain named Kuroo Tetsuro. Hikaru, a gifted pianist...
39.9K 1.7K 24
Akane Haizaki x Reader(Female) He couldn't find joy in the things he used to love. He couldn't bring himself to face reality. Many steered clear of h...