Those Red Eyes ~ RedxGold Pok...

By RattleHound

Those... those red... eyes... Red. A name that Gold had heard numerous times while on his journey through Jo... More

Chapter 1 ~ Strongest
Chapter 2 ~ Blanket
Chapter 3 ~ Intrigued
Chapter 5 ~ Vulnerable
Chapter 6 ~ Twisted
Chapter 7 ~ Circles
Chapter 8 ~ Glass
Chapter 9 ~ Quake
Chapter 10 ~ Dearest
Chapter 11 ~ Weak
Chapter 12 ~ Hurt
Chapter 13 ~ Hero
Chapter 14 ~ Memories

Chapter 4 ~ Abyss

1.6K 47 12
By RattleHound

A/N

Welcome! Welcome!

I really lacked in ideas for this chapter, so I’m sorry if it’s boring :P

BUT! There is an important part in this chapter, so be on the look-out!

ENJOY!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold’s POV

I woke up to the sound and smell of pancakes cooking. I opened my eyes slightly and saw Red over in the ‘kitchen’ making pancakes. Only then did I notice that there was a small stove placed on top of one of the rocks. He was now fully dressed and wearing his red hat again. He put them on a plate and brought them over to me as I sat up in my nest of blankets. He looked at me blankly and put the plate out in front of me, a knife and fork on it as well.

“For me?” I asked in surprise. Red nodded and I took the plate from him. “Thank you. They look delicious.”

I picked up the knife and fork and looked at them. I licked my lips. Yummy!

As I chowed down on them, I noticed that Red didn’t have any. I looked at the last pancake on my plate and then back at him. I barely managed to pull myself off of the floor and then hobbled over to him.

“Here.” I said and placed the plate on his lap. He looked up at me confusedly and then gave me back the plate. “No. I want you to have it.” I said and gave it to him once again. He just sighed and then ate the pancake. Yes! 1 point to Gold!

I collapsed back down onto the pile of blankets and watched as Red finished off the last piece of the pancake. He peered up at me and I quickly looked away. From the corner of my eye, I saw him shrug.

I heard movement suddenly and looked up as Red went and put the empty plate on one of the bigger rocks in the ‘kitchen.’

“So, um... How long do you think I’ll be stuck up here?” I asked quietly. Red just stared blankly at me. I didn’t expect anything less.

Red moved towards the entrance to the cave and glanced outside.

“Where are you going?” I asked quickly, fearing that he was going to leave me alone in this cave. Red took a pokeball from his belt and then pointed to the snow covered outside world. It didn’t take me long to figure out what he was going to do. He was gonna go outside and train with his Pokémon.

“Hey, uh... Before you do, can you please take me back down that tunnel so I can get changed into my other clothes?” I asked awkwardly.

His reply was clipping the pokeball back onto his belt and heaving me up off the ground.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Red took me back to the main cave once I was changed.

Just before he put me down, I spoke up. “Can I go outside and watch you train?”

Red shook his head.

“Well, can I at least watch you from the entrance of the cave?” I asked in a last attempt.

He looked at me thoughtfully and then sighed. He then put me back down on the hill blankets and dragged it (with me still on top of it) over to the entrance of the cave.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him and then he sauntered off outside.

He wasn’t too far from the entrance of the cave but far away enough so I didn’t get hurt from his Pokémon’s attacks.

I was determined to become a great Pokémon Master like him, so I watched carefully so I didn’t miss anything. Red sent out his Snorlax first. Without Red even saying anything, the giant Pokémon shot a powerful Giga Impact at a near-by boulder and it instantly exploded into tiny, miniscule pieces.

I sat there with my mouth hanging open. Red didn’t even tell his Pokémon to do anything, yet it seemed to know what to do! Did he do some sort of signal? Or did he speak without me knowing it?

Red returned his Snorlax to its pokeball and sent out his Blastoise. The huge turtle-like Pokémon shifted its body so it was facing towards a boulder. It peered over at Red and then let out a forceful Flash Cannon. Once again, the boulder exploded into bits of rubble. Red continued to do this with his other 4 Pokémon until all the boulders in that area were powder.

How did Red do that?! He never even spoke once! If he was battling a trainer, the person would have no idea what attack he would command his Pokémon to do! It was quite a good strategy, but you would have had to have a very special and strong relationship with your Pokémon for it to work. Then again, people don’t call Red a Pokémon Master for no reason.

Red trudged his way back over to me through the knee-deep snow and grabbed a water bottle from the pile of snacks and drinks on the rock in the ‘kitchen.’

I sat there dumbfounded, not believing what I had just witnessed.

In my peripheral vision, I saw Red look at me with slight concern and then waved his gloved hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my daze and looked up at him embarrassedly. How awkward.

“Sorry, I was just thinking about the way you and your Pokémon work.” I said. “I can’t believe that your Pokémon know what to do even without you saying anything. It’s quite amazing actually.”

I looked up at Red, and I swear I saw a slight blush on his cheeks. But that couldn’t have been right. The only emotion Red showed is through his eyes. I knew that for sure.

Red just shrugged and then sent out his Charizard to light up the fire again.

I gazed outside and noticed that the sun was begging to set. I had now been on this mountain for 2 days. I spent most of the first day almost freezing to death and today I got to witness Red training his Pokémon.

“I wonder what your voice sounds likes.” I blurted out randomly. I scarlet coloured blush crept across my face as Red glanced up at me. “I-I mean... Well, I’ve n-never heard to speak before, s-so I was just w-wondering.” I stuttered out awkwardly in a desperate attempt to save myself. Red looked away and I breathed a sigh of relief.

We sat there for about ten minutes in a comfortable silence while Red poked the fire.

I wondered if I should have told Red why I was here in the first place. Should I have told him that I knew about his past ad why he didn’t speak? Or would he think I was a creep for knowing too much about him? Would he shun me and force me back down the mountain? I wasn’t entirely sure what the outcome would be, so I decided to keep my mouth shut for now.

While I was thinking, Red had disappeared down the tunnel that led to the storage room and then returned with a couple more blankets and a first-aid kit. He chucked the blankets at me and then proceeded to take off the old bandage and put a new one on. Before he put the new one on, I caught a glimpse of my ankle. It was a lot less swollen than it was the day before, but it still looked pretty bad.

I turned my attention to the extra blankets Red had given me and made a logical guess as to why he gave them to me. It was probably going to be a lot colder tonight.

I slightly shivered when Red’s cold fingers made contact with my leg. He glanced up at me and I could’ve sworn I saw him smirk a little.

Once he was finished, I collapsed backwards into the blankets and yawned loudly. I was exhausted, yet I had done nothing all day. I couldn’t be bothered to get changed into my nightwear, so I just rested my head against the pillow and closed my eyes.

“Hey, Red?” I said with my eyes still closed. “Thanks for looking after me. I never would have survived on this Arceus forsaken mountain if you hadn’t found me. I probably would be dead right now.”

I didn’t get a reply but I hadn’t really expected to. I just hoped that Red knew I was truly grateful and owed him my life.

All of a sudden, I yawned very loudly. “Aha... Sorry.” I opened my eyes and smiled sheepishly. “I’m really tired, so I’m going to go to sleep now, okay?”

Red nodded slightly and I closed my eyes again and slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Ugh... Where am I?”

I slowly peeled my eyes open and found myself surrounded by whiteness. I was lying on something soft yet terribly cold.

I grabbed at the ground with my numb hand and brought it up to my face. My already pale skin was now coated in a thin layer of white powder. Just like the ground I was lying on, it too, was cold.

I forced my eyes shut and then opened them again. I was still enveloped in that white, powdery substance. I lay there for a minute, trying to clear my foggy mind. The cold whiteness was... Snow!

I flicked my head up and examined my surroundings. There was nothing but snow around me. My gut instincts told me that I was still on Mount Silver, but I was no longer in the comfort and warmth of the cave. But if I was out here... Then where was Red?

I lifted myself up out of the snow. Wait a minute. I peered down at my originally swollen ankle and saw that it was now looking normal. That’s weird.

I shuffled forwards slightly, but found myself being pulled back by something. Once again, I looked down at my feet but this time, I saw that my right leg was now shackled. I followed the chain with my eyes back to where it was coming from. I hadn’t noticed before, but there was now a giant crevice in the ground behind me, and the chain was leading right into it. Oh Arceus.

I sprinted forward but I was instantly pulled back and down onto the ground by the chain. I cried out as the chain suddenly started retracting back into the crevice, me going down with it.

I clawed desperately at the shackle on my ankle but flinched back. It was so cold it felt like it was burning.

“Help!” I yelled out as I was mercilessly dragged along the snow covered ground and towards the dark crevice.

I grabbed at the ground in a desperate attempt to hold onto something. I grasped a rock that was lodged deeply into the ground just as my feet were about to fall off the edge and into the crevice.

“Somebody help me! Please!” I cried out hysterically as the chain and shackle pulled violently at my right ankle.

Where was Red?! This couldn’t be happening! This must have been a dream! I didn’t want to die like this!

A single tear escaped my eye as my fingers slowly slipped from the rock I was holding onto. The pain of the shackle pulling against my leg was unbearable.

The chain gave one last forceful tug and I went spiralling into the deep, dark abyss, crying out Red’s name as I tumbled to my death.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Red!” I yelled out as my eyes flew open. I scanned my surroundings, breathing heavily and panting.

I sat there shivering but it wasn’t from the cold. It was from that traumatic nightmare. What the Distortion World was that?!

I was sitting there in a full blown panic when a dark, cloaked figure entered the cave.

“Aah!” I yelled out in pure terror.

The figure pulled back the hood of the cloak and revealed a raven haired boy with crimson eyes.

“Oh! It’s just you Red!” I sighed, now slightly at ease. He was wearing his normal clothes but over the top he wore a black cloak. In his right hand he was holding a plastic bag. From what I could see, it looked like food.

I looked over at the now diminishing food supply on the rock in the ‘kitchen.’ I hadn’t noticed, but we were running out of food. Me being there was making it run out faster.

“Do you wear that cloak when you’re out so people don’t recognize you?” I questioned Red.

He nodded slightly and emptied that plastic bag onto the rock in the ‘kitchen.’

“So you do actually leave this mountain from time to time?”

Once again, he nodded.

I sat there for a bit, contemplating the nightmare I just had. Why was I out there? Where did that dark abyss come from? Why was I being dragged into it? Where was... Red?

Should I tell Red? Or would he think I’m weird for sharing my dreams/nightmares with him?

It always seemed to revert back to me thinking that he’d find me weird. Just to be on the safe side, I think I should keep this one to myself.

Then I thought suddenly. What if Red heard me yelling out his name before?!

“Hey, Red? Did you hear any yelling when you came in?” I asked shyly. He looked at me blankly and then shook his head. “Okay, that’s good.”

I gazed up at him and saw him raise an eyebrow. “Oh! It’s nothing! It doesn’t matter!” I blurted out quickly, trying to cover up my stupid mistake. Red then looked away and focussed his attention on his gloved hands.

That was probably the first facial expression I had seen Red do. Did that mean he’s comfortable around me? Or did he let his guard down without meaning to? Either way, it made me happy knowing that I might finally get him to open up around me.

“How old were you when you stopped talking?” I asked quietly. It looked like Red wasn’t going to answer me for a minute, but then he held up nine fingers. “And I guess that you’re seventeen, so eight years in complete silence?” I focussed my attention on him, trying to get an answer. Red nodded, almost sadly.

Eight years without talking? That seemed impossible. Especially for a talkative person such as myself. There would be no way I could do that. I wonder how he managed to do it.

“I hope I can hear you speak one day...” I said quietly. Red’s head snaps up and his blood-red eyes make contact with my golden ones. “No seriously. Then maybe when can have a proper conversation. A conversation where I’m not the only one talking.” I laughed nervously. I caught a glimpse of Red smirking slightly to himself and I smiled. The second facial expression that I actually knew had happened.

I was on the right track, I knew that much.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N

Aloha!

I’m sorry that chapter was so boring!

It was kind of just a filler.

Oh yeah! By the way!

Don’t forget Gold’s dream okay!

It’s plays a big role in this fanfic so don’t forget it!

I’ve decided to make it my goal to update once a week!

I’m usually terrible at updating stories, so I wanted to make an effort with this fanfic :)

Alrighty, hope you wait for the next chapter excitedly!

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN

Li xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 67 56
Special Operative G isn't exactly what you would call a normal girl. She lives with hundreds of other people in an enormous secret base. She can't te...
39.6K 1.1K 19
Gold is a guy who loves flirting, is a little impatient and is madly, deeply in love with Silver. Silver on the other hand, doesn't care about him...
108K 3.9K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
7K 86 49
The Pokemon World has finally realized that now they would have to deal with Red's Death. They were shocked to realize that the world's greatest Poke...