We're a Family

By Soccerstar2015

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... More

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble
(2) Good Morning to You too!
(3) Realizations
(4) Explosions
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(16) No Ice!
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(22) Jealousy
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(42) Not So Sweet Surprises
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(17)Grounded

3.5K 66 24
By Soccerstar2015

Julie's POV

Mom's so unfair. I huff as I roll onto my side to search for something to watch. At least she didn't take the TV remote. "Momma I'll be right out!" I hear Moe say before coming in. "Hey JJ. I thought you went with Christen and Kelley."

"Hey." I sigh lazily tossing a pillow at her. "I'm grounded."

"Why don't you call Hope? You're her princess or whatever." she suggest looking around in her bag for something. "Have you seen my sunglasses?"

"I think they're on the counter." I say sitting up. "And I can't call Hope. She's the one who grounded me." She walks into the bathroom to check, but comes back out empty handed. "You had them last night Morgan."

"I know that Julie." she sasses rolling her eyes. "Really Hope grounded you? I didn't know she did that. I thought only Car punished you." she says still looking around. "Can you get off your ass and help me find them please?"

I fake gasp and cover my mouth with my hand, "Did sweet baby Moe just curse? Ooooh I'm tellin' Jrue!"

"Nah uh!" she argues hitting me in the face with the pillow I threw earlier. "Don't you dare!"

"Jrue!" I yell jumping up and running towards the door. I get my hand on the handle before she grabs me by the waist and pulls me back.

"No Julie! He'll be mad!" she grunts trying to hold me. "JJ stop!"

"No!" I shout kicking her off of me. I quickly throw the door open, "Jrue! Cheney!" I start to sprint down the hall but get tackled from behind. "Ouch Morgan!"

"Shut up Julie!" she snaps pinning me to the floor. "You're going to get me in troub-" She gets cut off by someone clearing their throat. "H-hey A-rod. H-how are you?" says Moe sitting on my stomach and smiling up at her innocently. Amy walks over and stares down at the two of us. She glances at me questionably before looking sternly at Morgan. Moe slowly gets off of me and helps me up. "Sorry JJ."

"It's fine." I say to her but keep my eyes on Amy nervously. "I'll see you later. Love you." I give her a hug.

"Love you too." she says loudly for Amy to hear. She hugs me tighter and whispers angrily in my ear, "I'm going to kill you." She lets go and smiles at me. "Bye Jay!"

Amy's POV

I wait for Julie to go back to her room before addressing the girl in front of me, "Morgan Paige," I sigh, "does this hallway look like a football field to you?"

"No ma'am." she mumbles looking down.

"Then let's not treat it like one, alright?" I ask lifting up her chin.

"Alright." she agrees. I smile and kiss her forehead.

"I love you Bean."

She laughs and pecks my cheek, "I love you too Aunt A."

"C'mon kiddo let's go meet up with your Momma, Daddy and Tobin before your Momma comes up here to get us." She nods so we both head to the elevator. She skips off in front of me so she can hit the button. I shake my head at her childishness. "MoMo slow down."

"But Toby said she'd get me ice cream after lunch!" exclaims Morgan impatiently waiting.

"Babe it's not even 10:30 yet." I laugh. "What were you and Julie fighting about anyhow?" Her face drops and she starts to look around everywhere but at me. "Morgan Paige." I warn snapping my fingers in front of her face. "I'm right here."

She thinks for a moment before finally saying, "She was going to tell Jrue something."

"Which was?" I pry raising one of my eyebrows.

"I said a bad word." she says looking up at the ceiling. I sigh. This kid can never keep her mouth shut.

"MoMo what did you say baby?" I ask calmly as we walk into the elevator. She hits the 'L' button before answering me.

"I couldn't find my glasses and she was being annoying so I told her to get off her lazy-" Moe stops suddenly and looks at me for permission to continue so I nod, "ass and help me find them."

"I'm not going to tell on you, but how about we use nicer words next time?" I say giving her a look. She grins excitedly and gives me a huge hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I laugh at her excitement and kiss her forehead. Gosh I love this kid.

Hope's POV

"You don't think I was too harsh on her do you? I mean I took away all her stuff and left her all alone in the room. What if she needs something or gets hungry before we get back?" I fret while Carli waits for our drinks.

"Hope, calm down." says Syd putting her hand on my shoulder. "JJ's going to be fine. She's not alone at the hotel. We can call a teammate in a few minutes to check on her alright?"

"I'll text Ashlyn if you want." offers Alex taking a sip of her smoothie. "Ali didn't feel real good so she stayed with her."

"That would be-" I start but get cut off by Carli sitting down by us.

"No Lex don't do that." she says shaking her head and handing me my drink. "Hope stop all your worrying. Julie is a good kid and you and I both know she will not leave that room since you told her not to. We'll text one of them around lunch to get them to take her some food. For now just drink your coffee and relax." I bite my lip and slump back in my chair. She has a point and there's no use in arguing with her.

"Looks like someone's still mad that she got called by her name instead of 'Mama' this morning..." mumbles Pinoe making Kling snicker.

"I am not." snorts Car taking a bite from her muffin since she didn't eat breakfast. "I'm just being realistic. Julie's not going to disobey Hope's orders. She hates when she's mad at her so I'm sure she's probably been crying into her pillow since Aitch left." she shrugs wiping her mouth.

"It's good she's been crying?" questions Meghan looking at Carli weird.

"Well," sighs Carli with a smile, "sometimes it's better for her to just cry it all out. She'll sob for a little while and when we get back she'll want all the cuddles in the world." I think Carli's the one who really needs cuddles right now. She's trying to act like she's not bothered by what Jules said but I know it hurt her pretty bad.

"That seems sort of selfish." states Alex playing with her straw. "I mean you're making her all sad just so she'll give you a hug."

"Lex that's not entirely true." explains Carli turning in her chair to face the younger forward on her right. "Julie was disrespectful to me too. It's one of our rules that she is to show respect. She hasn't been doing that for the last few days so she needs to face her consequences."

"Oh." says Alex looking sort of puzzled. Carli pats her leg before finishing her muffin and starting to sip her mocha.

"Where are we going today ladies?" she asks.

"There's an art museum down the road." suggest Megan. "I hear they have a cool Egyptian exhibit with real mummies!" The rest of us laugh at her before all agreeing and letting her lead the way. As we walk I send Ali a quick text about Julie.

Julie's POV

"Who is it?" I call after hearing a knock on my door. I get up and make my way over to look through the peephole to check. I think everybody's gone out. I have no idea who this could be.

"It's Ashlyn! Hope told me to check on you!" she yells through the door. I smile softly at the mention of my mother. At least she's not so mad to leave me here all alone. 

"Hey Ash." I smile opening the door to her.

"Hey squirt." she smirks handing me a gatorade and pack of M&Ms. "Grounded huh?" I sigh and look down while nodding. "Don't be sad kiddo. You'll be free before you know it." She ruffles my hair making me laugh.

"Ash!" I squeal ducking. She chuckles and walks in my room. 

"Al isn't feeling well so that's why I'm still here if you were wondering." she states sitting back on Moe's bed. "What do you want for lunch?"

"I don't care." I say sitting back in the desk chair. I toss the M&Ms up and catch them. "What's wrong with Ali?"

"Oh she's just got a little fever and a sore throat. She'll be fine." she says dismissively. "Now what do you want to eat JJ? I need a place not an 'I don't know'"

"Oooh can we get Chick-fil-a?" I ask excitedly. I remember seeing one on the way back yesterday. 

"Yeah that's fine. I'm going to go see what Ali wants and then I'm going to head out. You want your regular right?" she asks standing up and walking back toward the door. "I'm not getting you ice cream so don't ask."

"Oh but Ash! Please?" I beg batting my eyelashes and poking out my lip. 

"No JJ. Your Mama would kill me if I got you some. You know that." she says shaking her head no. 

"What about icedream?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows persuasively. 

"Icedream? What the hell is icedream?" she says staring at me like I have two heads. "No Julie you're just getting chicken and fries. I'm not getting you whatever the hell that is. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." 

"Aye aye captain!" I say saluting her as she leaves. Once she goes I pick up Morgan's soccer ball off the floor and sigh. Today's going to be a long day.

-a few chicken sandwiches and hours later-

Carli's POV

I smile softly as I look down at my sleeping daughter. The other girls and I got back a few minutes ago so I told Hope I'd come check on her. I knocked on the door for forever before finally I got one of the maids to unlock the door for me. Moe's still out and none of the coaches are in their rooms so I couldn't find another key. I carefully sit down on the edge of her bed and gently push her hair back from over her eyes. "Love bug it's time to get up." I whisper shaking her a little. She whines and stirs some before going back to sleep. "Baby come on." I chuckle shaking her harder. "I brought you some dinner. Aunt Ali brought you lunch right?"

"Ash did." she mumbles squeezing her eyes tightly closed to try to keep the light from the lamp out. 

"As long as you got fed." I say leaning down to kiss her head. "Mom thought you would want some Chinese so that's what we got you." She nods with her eyes still closed while sitting up a little. She puts her arm down to prop herself up. "What have you been doing today?"

"I watched some TV and juggled Moe's ball." she yawns finally opening her eyes. "Mama I'm sorry I was mean to you this morning." I smile and tuck her hair back behind her ears.

"You hurt Mama's feelings really bad baby." I say looking at her. Her lips form a frown and her beautiful eyes drop from my brown ones. 

"I know." she mumbles shifting uncomfortably. "I didn't mean what I said. I wasn't trying to make you sad. I just didn't like when you put ice down my shirt." 

"I know you didn't mean it pretty girl. You're too sweet for that." I say tipping her chin up towards me. "I forgive you for what you said." She smiles and gives me a little hug. Once she lets go she sits back and begins to play silently with the blankets on her bed. I frown at her lack of interaction so I ask "I wasn't very nice to you either huh? I should have never put that ice down your back. I know you don't like that. Do you forgive me too?"

She stays quiet for a moment before nodding, "Yes Mama. I forgive you."

"I love you Julie B." I say. She looks up at throws her arms around my neck.

"I love you too Mama." I hear her start to sniffle so I pull her onto my lap and hug her tightly. I slowly rock her and try to soothe her. I hold her for what feels like forever before a knock sounds through the room. I carefully put Julie back on the bed and kiss her head. 

"It's just Mom." I comfort as she tries to wipe her face of tears. I go and open the door for Hope. "Hey."

"Hey." she says walking past me. "JJ did you apologize?"

"Yes ma'am." she sniffles bringing her knees to her chest. 

"Good." says Hope. "I'm not mad at you Julie but I am still disappointed in your actions. You're going to have to be very good for a while for me to be able to trust you again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am." nods Julie wiping her nose on her sleeve. Hope shakes her head and hands her a tissue. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." she smiles kissing her cheek. "I still love you princess. You know nothing could change that."

"I know." smiles Jay. "I love you too Mommy."

Hope laughs and points to her food I left on the nightstand, "Eat your dinner cutie. Team game night is in the conference room."

Julie's face perks up, "Can I come?" Hope shakes her head no at her to my surprise.

"No baby you're still grounded for your behavior. Tomorrow we'll talk about maybe getting your laptop back for emails and stuff." JJ pouts making Hope smirk. "Mama and I will just be down stairs and we'll come give you kisses before bed. Bye baby girl. I love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.2K 49
Your a high school soccer star. You have a bright future ahead of you when the USWNT comes and watch your game. They think your amazing and talented...
28.5K 499 12
Through thick and thin they are forever friends
34.9K 707 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
19K 300 16
USWNT child one shots!! REQUESTS OPEN!!! (I give credit) Mainly Morgan, Press, Heath, and O'Hara from USWNT but might add some some others and woso I...