Promises (Peaky Blinders) *up...

By MrsShelby

More

Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.

Chapter 1.

2K 30 2
By MrsShelby

Hey everyone! This is my first real attempt at fanfiction, I fell in love with Thomas Shelby after watching Peaky Blinders so I thought I'd give this ago. This story is rated M and will involve sexual scenes, bad language and abuse. Any feedback is appriecated! :) this is set before the war but will eventually follow the series.

James Taylor was a local buiness man who owned his own small tobacco shop that he had inherited from his own father before him. He ran the company with his childhood friend Phillip, they supplied alot of buiness around the country and were very wealthy men considering where they were from.
James had met her mother Rose when they were just 18 they quickly fell in love although her family abandoned her for it, her father didn't think any boy of that age was good enough for his little girl. He had wanted his daughter to marry an older wealthier man, someone that was everything be wasn't at that time. Rose accepted her fathers distaste to her true love but told him she was to be married, they abandoned her shortly after, cutting all ties with their once beloved daughter. They soon got married, Rose falling pregnant quickly after they had arrived back from their honeymoon. They were both overjoyed at the thought of the new arrival quick to share their news around the small area they lived in, they never expected what would happen next. Jodie was born prematurely 6 weeks before her mothers estimated due date, her father watched as her mother screamed in pain forcing the tiny infant to arrive as she bled at an unbelievable rate. James was handed Jodie, he took one look into her beautiful blue eyes that matched her mothers as he smiled unshed tears in his eyes, it wasn't until he looked up at Rose he realised something was wrong. She was still and silent, it was obvious to him she wasn't breathing and quickly demanded help but it was too late she was already gone. He looked back down at his daughter who was still in his arms as he cried, he forced himself to look into those eyes he just thought were beautiful to find he didn't find them as beautiful anymore, he couldn't help but wish to see hers mothers eyes once again instead of hers.
He relectantly took her home with him, he knew he couldn't abandon her completely as she was the last bit of her mother he had left. Over the years he only found one thing that helped him with his grief, Whiskey. At first he would just have a few doubles each night then it became more and more until he was drinking a whole bottle each day sometimes more, as his drinking habits grew so did his hatred for his daughter.

Jodie grew up in her fathers care, the only other person she had met up until she was 16 years old was his friend Phillip who would watch her from time to time. She only knew their wicked ideas of punishment and care. Her dad who was once a loving husband had now became mean and cold, especially towards her, but it didn't make any difference to her that was all she knew. Jodie learnt from a young age how she should behave to avoid her dads violent outbursts, she always did as she was told.
When she was small around 3 years old he would scream at her as she cried, her upper arms in his tight grip as he shook her, telling her she was naughty, the child of the devil and that nobody loved her, she would cry until she couldn't breath and that's when he would finally release her.
As Jodie got older she learnt to avoid her dad, staying in her room for aslong as he would let her but he would eventually call her to do some sort of chore. It was the night of her 12 birthday that things took a turn for the worst, she had fell asleep as she read, the next thing she knew her fathers hands were wrapped around her neck making her struggle for breath as she clung to him. She later learnt he had called her and she had ignored him as she had been asleep, he had hit her until she couldn't physically scream any longer. Thats when the physical beating started, he would strangle her and hit her as he screamed his harsh words st her, he didn't care about the bruises no one even knew she exsisted. Everyday was the same after that, she would get up each morning to clean before he would wake to avoid him, she would quickly have something to eat before rushing upstairs to her room before he came down. She would spend the morning in her room as her dad got ready for work, listening out for any sign that he had left as soon as he did she would have all day to herself he never arrived home before 8. It wasn't until she turned 16 she finally plucked up the courage to leave the house, at first she would just walk up watery lane and back down then she started to get braver, as she explored she learnt her way around, her favourite place to go was a large field located around ten minutes away from her home. It was here were she would watch other parents with their children as they ran around wishing her father could be loving, wondering why she couldn't just be normal.
Jodie would sit their for a while enjoying the wind before returning home, her dad never knew a thing.

It was a few months later that she first met Ada Shelby. It was a surprisingly sunning afternoon in Birmingham, Jodie was sat in her normal spot when the young dark haired girl approached her,
"Could I join you?" She had asked her.

"Please do" Jodie had repiled as she smiled, her hand shielding her eyes from the sun as she looked up at her.

As soon as she had permission she clutched her dress in her hands pulling it up slightly as she sat down beside Jodie who kept her gaze forward as the strange girl did.

"I'm Ada Shelby" she introduced herself as she turned to her capturing Jodie's attention.

"Jodie Taylor" she said as her eyes locked with Adas green ones.
Ada held out her hand for Jodie to shake which she did a shy smile on her face.

"I haven't seen you here before" Ada questioned her curiously, tucking a stray peice of her brown hair behind her ear.

"I don't get out much" Jodie repiled nervously as her gaze dropped to the small patch of grass inbetween them where her hand was resting.

"Why is that? You're a young girl like me, I thought you had just moved here that's why I came over" she repiled letting out a small laugh as she shook her head causing Jodie to look up at her.

"No just an overprotective dad" she lied, letting out a quiet giggle of her own.

"I understand, my father isn't around but I have three older brothers" Ada had told her as she leant back on her hands.

Jodie copied her actions before asking about her brothers curiously, they spoke for most of the day before saying goodbye to return home promising to meet at the same place tomorrow afternoon, they met at the same place each day for a few months until Ada finally invited Jodie for tea.

Jodie clutched onto Adas arm in her grasp as she unlocked her front door stepping into the threshold, Jodie followed behind her finally releasing her to shut the door behind her.
Jodie turned back around her gaze catching the eyes of the two young men sitting on the sofa there heads turned 180 to face her, she shifted her gaze to the older women sitting in the armchair opposite the boys her arms resting on the arms of the chair, cigarette in hand.

"Who's this Ada?" The older looking male asked a small smile on his face as his eyes scanned her.

Ada huffed out a laugh, unbuttoning her coat as she repiled "this is Jodie, and this is Arthur, John and Polly" she introducted pointing at each one of them individually.

Arthur was the oldest brother, his hair shaved at the back and sides the top section several inches long and slicked back where he had run his hands threw it. His eyes were a dark green that almost looked brown, his gaze was almost scary as his thin lips pulled into a smile seeing her eyes on him. He was tall his frame thin but musclar, she could tell as she stared as his biceps flexed as he moved.

Jodie's attention was brought to the younger brother John as he spoke
"nice to meet you darlin'" he winked as he tilted his head smiling cheekily at her. Jodie laughed as she relaxed slightly, for some reason she felt at ease around him.

He was shorter then his older brother, his shoulders broad, his hips thin. His hair was shaved like his brothers but the top section was several inches shorter slicked back in a sort of quiff. His eyes a lighter shade of green, Jodie could see a hint of mischeif in them. Her gaze shifted to Polly taking a quick look not wanting to be caught staring. Her age did nothing to ruin her looks, her body still slim, her pale skin still flawless despite the wrinkles now gracing the skin around her eyes. Her eyes were a shimming shade of brown as they captured her gaze, she didn't dare look away.

"Come sit down" Ada told her sitting in the empty space between her brothers leaving Jodie sitting alone on the other two seater.

"So you're the new friend?" Polly asked but more like stated, her gaze still on her as she took a long drag of her cigarette.

"yes" Jodie answered polietly, her hands in her lap as she returned the older womens gaze.

She could hear the boys having a conversation between themselves but Ada's gaze was locked on Jodie.
Polly gave her a small smile as the door slammed open drawing their attentions away from eachother and to the door. Jodie felt her heart race as she saw the young man she assumed was Tommy. Her breath hitched as his gaze caught hers, his eyebrows furrowed as his eyes scanned the young girl sitting in his livingroom. He took a deep breath as he took a good look at her. Her hair was a dark blonde that fell over her shoulders in waves, it looked soft to the touch. Her eyes a light shade of blue that made them look almost grey. From what he could tell from her postion she was slim but curvy her chest lager then normal for a girl her size. As his eyes scanned her, she took her time to observe him also. His eyes were the brightest shade of blue that rivalled her own but she thought to be far better. His hair a dark brown colour that almost looked black. His lips were full matching his sharp jaw line and cheekbones. He was tall and from was she could tell wearing a fine dark brown suit, a flat cap on his head she could see the slightest bit of hair poking from underneath the front. He was leant on the wall closest to the door his arm resting on the wood, making his shoulders look broader then they probably were.

"Who's this?" He asked his voice deep as he pulled his cigarette's out of his coat pocket taking one he placed it in between his lips holding it there as he dug threw his pocket for his matches.

"Jodie, the girl I told you about" Ada answered for her gesturing to the woman in question with her hand.

Jodie offered him a small smile as he finally lit his cigarette taking a long drag as he stood upright walking towards her, his pace quick. He sat beside her silently, surprising her as she tried to look anywhere but at him as she felt her cheeks warm.

"I'm Tommy" he introduced grabbing her attention as she turned her head to face him.

"Nice to put a face to the name, Ada told me all about you" she said shyly not wanting to be rude.

"I'm sure none of its true" Tommy smiled at her.

"I hope it is" Jodie repiled bravely, his smile turning into a grin as her cheeks reddened.

"So where have you been?" Polly asked Tommy ending their brief moment.

"Business meeting" he told her shortly, she knew it was because she was in the room when Polly nodded her head shortly.

"You said you had 4 brothers?" Jodie questioned Ada, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Finn, he's taking a nap he's 5" she answered. Jodie made an O shape with her mouth in realisation, she nodded her head slightly.

"So you got any brothers or sisters?" Arthur asked her, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"No just me and my dad" she answered just loud enough for everyone to hear, a slight hint of disgust in her voice as she mentioned him.

"Don't you get on?" John had asked her, his elbow resting on the arm of the chair as he gestured to her.

"Not really" she answered as she bit her lip nervously, her eyes glancing towards Tommy quickly who was staring in front of him, still smoking his now nearly finished cigarette.

"Why?" Tommy chimed curiously as he leant forward, he put his cigarette out in the ashtray Polly had just placed back on the small wooden table.

"He's just overprotective" she lied easily as she turned to face him.
He didn't believe her she knew he didn't but he didn't pry any further.

"I would be aswell" Arthur laughed as he nudged Ada with his shoulder a grin gracing her features.

"She's only been here 5 minutes calm down" John chuckled.

"You're disgusting" Ada laughed as she hit Arthur in the arm, harder then she was meant too.

Jodie blushed as everyone laughed, Tommy shook his head as his brother tried to protested his flirting techiques to everyone making her blush even more.

Polly smiled at her ignoring the boys bickering "do you want a cup of tea?" She asked her a small smile on her face.

Jodie realised this was Polly's way of being nice as she answered "yes please would you like help?" Her hands clasped in her lap.

"Alright" Polly had answered as she stood motioning to Jodie to stand with her to follow her into the kitchen, Ada soon followed ignoring Arthur who asked where they were going.

After that evening she became a regular at the Shelby household, spending all the time that she could with Ada and sometimes her family. She would help Polly cook for everyone as they chatted away, well most time Polly just moaned at her but Jodie was happy to listen, Ada usually sitting at the table watching us work. She finally met Finn who had decided she was his favourite person, clinging on to Jodie whenever he could. She didn't see much of Arthur or Tommy although when she did they were always kind, always talking to her as they joked to include her. Normally you would find Jodie sat with Ada and John who was closer to their age, they would listen to John's unbelievably true stories of madness as they laughed often drinking a bottle of whiskey he had taken from Tommy's room.
Jodie had met another one of their friends called Freddie Thorne, who was Tommy's best friend, Ada also fancied him Jodie was shocked to learn.

Overall Jodie's outlook on life had changed, she was actually happy. She spent her time at work, with Ada or in bed, her dad's beating's were rare these days as she hardly saw him. Jodie always made sure to be back before 8, not wanting to risk going back any later then that and getting caught. She thought she had it perfect she didn't realise how much her life would change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 22 9
Mature, Sex, Smut
89.3K 3.5K 8
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
168K 6.6K 34
ထူးခြားထက် (Seme) ရွှေပုဢ( Uke) Uke softဖြစ်တဲ့ထပြင် intersex (α€’α€½α€­α€œα€­α€„α€Ί) ဖြစ်တာမို့ ကြိုက်မှဖတ်ကြပါနော် α€€α€­α€―α€šα€Ία€›α€²α€·α€’α€―α€α€­α€šα€™α€Όα€Ύα€±α€¬α€€α€Ίficα€™α€­α€―α€· α€‘α€™α€Ύα€¬α€Έα€•α€«α€›α€„α€Ία€α€½α€„α€Ία€·α€œα€½α€Ύ...
23.1K 43 10
just a bunch of random one-shots of smutt🀭