A Love Worthy

By inkzerospace

Ginelle Hayes is orphaned, and after escaping her abusive guardian with a dark secret, she finds herself alon... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

225K 7.4K 1.1K
By inkzerospace

                He woke early and was immediately aware of the small, feminine body pressed against him. Dorian tightened his arms around Ginelle as she slept peacefully, his body responding automatically to her nearness.

            He reached out and plucked a strand of silver-blond hair from the pillow, teasing the silken tresses between his thumb and forefinger.

            He had taken her maidenhead. He relished in that notion for no man had, had her and no man would. She belonged to him; he would make sure of it.

            He arose from the bed and proceeded to get dressed, all the while, his eyes straying towards the bed. He wanted nothing more than to crawl back beneath the coverlets and take her over and over as his body so badly yearned to do.

            Instead, he finished dressing and reluctantly left the room. He would spend most of the day in the fields but his thoughts would continuously stray towards Ginelle and how he burned to claim her over and again.

            It was nearly noon when her eyes fluttered open and she was immediately aware of a sudden soreness between her legs. Ginelle sat upright in bed and was overcome with disappointment at finding Dorian gone.

            An abrupt knock on the door startled her and she stiffened as she bid them entry. Almost immediately crimson stained her cheeks as Lucile entered, yielding a tray.

            Ginelle half expected the older woman to vent her shock at finding Ginelle in Dorian’s bed, or at least cast a look that would indicate her horror, but the older woman said nothing, her pinched face remained expressionless as she crossed the room and set the tray down on the table.

            When Lucile turned to face her, she tensed, bracing herself for the housekeeper’s rebuke. “Monsieur Dorian has asked that a bath be prepared for you, will you need my assistance?” she arched a brow and Ginelle blushed even redder.

            “Vera’ well.” The older woman said, taking her prolonged silence as an answer.

            Ginelle frowned after Lucile had left. Dorian must have said something and the thought made her blush darken. Surely every habitant within the manor was now well aware that she had been in Dorian’s bed.

            Hesitantly, she peeled away the coverlets and gasped for dry blood coated her inner thighs, a clear indication that symbolized her loss of innocence.

            She slipped from the bed, dragging the coverlets with her to shield her naked body. Her heart thundered in her chest as she turned and stared at the rumpled bed. Dorian’s absence was like a splash of cold water.

            What had she done? She had given herself to a man whom she barely understood; Who had proclaimed no affections for her? What did she expect?

            She had spoken quite adamantly that marriage was not an option, but she had given herself to him, had experienced the desires that a man and woman shared.

            What did it mean when her heart beat for him and no other? He had been so gentle, so tender in their lovemaking that even now her heart swelled at the remembrance of his caresses.

            Ginelle gasped and her eyes widened as she was struck with a startling epiphany. She loved him. How could she have been so blind? His presence unraveled her completely, melting her limbs in a pool of heat as his searing gaze sought her out.

            Though his dominance frightened her, she knew in her heart that there was no other that could make her feel this way.

            She was struck with a sudden thought for though she loved Dorian, Dorian did not love her in return. He was a man of solitude, a man destined to live a life of loneliness, never to marry.

            She was a fool to even think he would take her as his wife, and yet, she would allow him to take her to his bed?

            A sudden anger filled her veins for she refused to become his mistress! Mayhap he was finished with her, and though the lingering thought pained her that he would use and discard her so cruelly, she would rather end this now than risk losing her heart further to a man who did not love her.

            At that, she quickly washed and dressed, all the while, her mind plagued with their lovemaking. He made her feel alive, aware of her body in ways she thought never to imagine. 

            Quickly dismissing the heated thoughts from her mind, she fled his room, eagerly seeking a distraction. Her face burned red as she swept by servants, very much aware of their knowing gazes as they spoke secretly amongst each other.

            She needed an escape and could think of only one place. Deliberately avoiding crossing paths with Lucile, she slipped through the kitchen, pass a suddenly perplexed Cook, and in to the midday sun.

            Dorian paused beneath the blistering sun to wipe the sweat from his brow but a brief flash of movement from his peripheral forced him to stiffen.

            His eyes narrowed as Ginelle disappeared within the barn and returned moments later with Millie saddled.

            At the sight of her, his body responded instantly, hardening to the point where he nearly groaned aloud. He bit down on his sudden arousal as he watched her flee on horseback. Where the devil did she think she was going?

            Once she disappeared into the thick foliage, he turned and noticed two of his laborers following her with their eyes, one in particular. He narrowed his gaze as a rage brought him to the man. “Find something of interest, slave?”

            The man stiffened but his anger remained firm in the deep set of his dark eyes. A small grin tugged at the corners of his mouth as he said, “I am merely enjoying the view.”

            Dorian clenched his hands into tight fists as he stepped closer to the man, his temper magnifying to a dangerous peak at the thought of this man touching Ginelle.

            Bent on rage, he had not heard the approach of one of his overseers. “Milord?” spoke Yves from above.

            Slowly, Dorian turned to peer up at Yves sitting upon his horse. “I’ll take over, milord.” By the expression on Yves’ face, he was quite aware of the storm approaching, having braced the brunt of Dorian’s fury many times afore, he knew when to intervene.

            The muscle at his jaw ticked as he turned back to the slave. His nostrils flared with the intense urge to pummel the bastard but instead, he spun on his heels and stalked from the fields.

**********

            The sun was scorching and she couldn’t wait to rid herself of her restricting garments. As she disrobed, Ginelle eyed the water with a growing eagerness. Millie grazed in a patch of grass beneath a large oak and swung her white tail repeatedly to swat at the pestering flies.

            Ginelle smiled as she set her dress on a nearby boulder and moved to the edge of the water. She lightly tapped the calm surface with her foot and delighted in the ripples created with the swift motion.

            She needed this time apart. She needed to collect her thoughts and she could think of no other place to do just that.

            She waded into the water and sighed as she sank waist deep. She had pulled her hair high above her head to keep from getting the tresses wet but at this moment with the sun searing her delicate face; she wanted nothing more than to sink below the surface.

            Seconds later, she could withstand the heat no longer and dipped beneath the water. When she resurfaced, laughter slipped from her throat as she lifted her hands to push wet strands of hair from her face, unaware of the searing gaze watching afar.

            His cock bulged against the seam of his breeches as his eyes moved hotly over her scantily clad body, drenched in nothing but a meager, tantalizing shift.

            Dorian moved closer, drawn by her sweet laughter as she playfully spun around. Her small breasts protruding through the sheer garment forced another painful groan past his lips.

            For a time, he watched her from the shadows as she moved through the water, relishing in the sun as the water cooled her delicate skin.

            He was nearly aflame when she surfaced, like a water nymph, her blond hair piled high atop her head, several wet strands framed the nape of her neck as her chemise molded to every small curve of her body, enticing his inner demons.

            When he stepped into the clearing, she froze, fear jolting her on the spot followed by a sudden flare of surprise to find him standing there.

            His eyes dropped to her breasts, visible through the shift as her chest rose and fell with each labored breath.

            “W-what are you doing here?” her voice small and surprised, pulled at him, drawing him closer.

            His eyes roamed over her body in a hot caress until settling on her face. “I’ve come to collect what’s mine.” He said gruffly, stepping towards her.

            Ginelle stiffened, struggling to conceal her desires for though she yearned for his touch, she fought to keep her heart guarded.

            She tilted her chin, “I am not yours to collect.”

            A flash of anger glinted sharply in his blue eyes as he stepped towards her and seized her arm. He spun her around and she fell against his naked chest. Seized with an uncontrollable urge to run her hands over the hardened muscle beneath her fingertips, she fought to escape his grip.

            “Release me.” She demanded, shoving against his massive shoulders.

            She gasped for in one swift motion, she was on the ground, beneath him. He seized her wrists and pressed them above her head as his free hand skimmed lightly over her breasts. She shuddered beneath him as she tugged to pull her wrists free but with little effort.

            He reached down and feathered an erect nipple with his thumb, alighting a fire beneath his touch as his hand traced the soft curve of her breast beneath the sheer chemise; sparks of desire shot throughout her limbs, to tingle deep in her loins.

            She moaned her displeasure when he suddenly released her but gasped as he ripped the front of her chemise, clear to her navel, baring her breasts to his heated gaze.

            Ginelle clenched her eyes shut as she arched into his palm, eagerly seeking his touch as he leaned down and captured a breast with his mouth. A moan escaped her throat as he lapped a hardened nipple with his tongue that left her quivering.

            She hadn’t realized that he had released her wrists until her hands settled on his broad shoulders. His fingers trailed along her sides, rising higher to rest beneath the undersides of her breasts as he shifted his weight to seize her lips in a sensual kiss.

            All sense of control fled and she was immobile with her desires as his kiss deepened, becoming rough and suddenly possessive. She clung to him as he devoured her with an intensity that frightened yet exhilarated her.

            Her nails dug into the flesh at his back as he pushed the thin layer of chemise away that prevented their heated bodies from touching.

            Her stomach somersaulted with a sudden flare of heat as he nudged her legs apart. She trembled not with fear but anticipation as he released his swollen shaft and settled within the cradle of her thighs.

            The moment he entered her, she cried out with pleasure, clutching his shoulders as he thrust into her. Each abrupt movement sent needles of rapture tingling through her limbs as he drove against her, his muscles flexing beneath her fingers.

            He grasped her breast and teased the swollen bud as he captured the other with his mouth, licking and rolling his tongue over her breast as he rolled his hips, pushing deeper into her soft, moist folds.

            Ginelle couldn’t think clearly through the rolling waves of bliss as Dorian possessed her body and soul. She knew she should have struggled but the moment his lips descended upon hers, she was loss forever in his embrace.

            He veered upward and she moaned as he reached between them and brushed her intimate folds. She gasped and her body convulsed against his palm.

            He leaned down and pressed his lips against the pulse at her throat. “You are mine.” He whispered hotly, thrusting harder between her thighs.

            Her heart thundered against her chest at his declaration but her heart sank for he had not confessed love but possession.

            The thought evaporated as he plunged deeper and he shuddered with ecstasy, she felt his release as his seed spilled hotly into her. He fell upon her but kept his weight from crushing her. His arms circled her naked body, holding her close as their hearts beat as one.

            Still joined, she relished in this moment when he was passionate and tender but her anger came all too swiftly for she had allowed him to sedate his lust once more, leaving her heart aching for his love.

            When he finally released her and moved away, she quickly righted her torn chemise, very aware of his hot stare as she gathered to her feet.

            As she gathered her dress against her chest she turned to glare at him. “Do not think you can have me whenever you see fit.” Her chin jutted outward as his ice eyes narrowed on her, “I am not here to satisfy your needs.”

            Ginelle stiffened as he stalked towards her, closing the space that separated them. She gasped as solid rock brought her up short and his arms closed in around her, trapping her between the boulder and his massive frame.

            His cold eyes moved over her face, searching as he said, “What prompted this response?”

            Her eyes sparked with defiance as she said icily, “I will not become your mistress.”

            She watched the muscle at his jaw jump as he gritted his teeth. “It’s a bit late for that.”

            Ginelle stiffened at his response and than ducked out from underneath his arms to escape the heat of his body. She didn’t get far for his fingers latched around her arm, jerking her back around. His brawny arm swung around her naked back as she continued to clutch the dress to her chest. Her heart leapt against her breast as she was forced to peer up into his fiery gaze.

            “Know this-“ his voice dropped dangerously low as a feral gleam sparked in his glacial stare. “I will not abide another man touching you. So as long as I see it, you are mine.”

            Fear shuddered through her body for she knew not what kindled this sudden reaction and she dare not test it.

            “May I go now?”

            Slowly, he released her and remained silent as she quickly dressed. As she started towards Millie his voice stopped her.

            “You will move your things into my room.”

            Furious, she spun around and jolted at his nearness for he had moved closer. “I will do no such thing!” she exclaimed.

            He leaned towards her and she tensed. “You will or I will do it myself and none so gently, either.”

            Fuming, she curled her fists at her sides with the urge of venting her anger out on his hardened, stubborn chest. She had no intention of moving her things into his room for that meant she would share his bed and become his mistress.

            She most certainly would not!

**********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1K 17
A fifteen year old girl who was abused was told by her goblin uncle figure there was a marriage cobtract bewteen her and a older male who lives in Go...
83.8K 7.3K 31
❝Your secret is a painting?❞ I took a few cautious steps; the hairs on my arms stood on end. ❝Not just any painting.❞ Dorian approached the easel, sh...
796K 17.6K 74
Two families The son of one The daughter of the other One, the dark prince of the world in which they live The other, the queen in a world that is...
16.3K 738 36
Samantha Beales is a rape victim. Dorian King has an equally disturbing past. Can they heal each other's wounds and find happiness as a strong unity...