Forgotten (Criminal Minds Fan...

By StrongerThanIWas

It's been a year since Melanie Hotchner and Spencer Reid got engaged. They were supposed to get married in th... More

Forgotten (Criminal Minds Fanfiction/Sequel to Boss's Niece)
Memory Loss
Trying to Remember
Looking for Evidence
Amnesia Sucks
Play Ball
Author's Note!!!
He's Back
What Do You Know?
Interviewing a Witness
An Old Friend
Protection
Hacked
Star Puzzle
Seeing The Dress
Threats
He Found Me
Kidnapped
The Tape
Flashbacks
Torture
I Won't Give Up
*Sneak Peak of Book 3*
More Flashbacks
Why Are You Doing This?
No One Hurts Reiders
Epilogue

Playing Chess With Gideon

11.7K 400 27
By StrongerThanIWas

It was soon Gideon's turn to watch over me. We were sitting at the kitchen table, playing chess.

"Check." I said as I moved one of my peices.

Gideon studied the board and I could've swore I had him, but he moved, knocked down my king and declared checkmate.

"How?!" I exclaimed as he laughed.

"Practice makes perfect, my dear." he said.

"Practice my ass! This is our 5th game and you've still managed to beat me!" I said. "Maybe Spencer is right."

"Isn't he always right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Come on. One more game. I'll let you win." he said.

"You're on, but I'm gonna beat you fair and square."

I re-arranged the pieces into their proper spots and the started to play.

"Why'd you leave, Jason?" I asked.

"Needed a break, I guess. All those dead bodies and sad families. Doesn't it make you sad?"

I looked up at him. Realization crossed his face as he returned me look.

"I'm sorry. I forgot." he said.

"So did I." I replied. We both laughed. I made my move and nodded to Gideon. He made a move.

"Checkmate in 20." he whispered.

"No way." I said, shaking my head. "I see it in 15."

He looked up and raised an eyebrow, challenging me. I raised one back, accepting his challenge.

"Let's make this interesting, shall we?" I said.

"Okay. If I win, you have to admit that I'm the best chess player there is." he replied.

"And WHEN I win," I said, annunciating "when". "You'll stay on the BAU for a week after I get my memory back."

His smile faded. I could tell he didn't like my end of the bargain.

"It's only fair, Jason. They all miss you." I said. He was still pondering, so I continued. "One week, Gideon. 7 days. That's all."

He looked me in the eyes. He knew I was being serious when I called him "Gideon" and I knew he wouldn't say "no" to his "favorite girl".

"Fine." he said. "One week and that's it."

"That's all I want."

"Let's play."

We played. Every time he moved, I'd predict his next move and make my move before it. Just to test my theory, I moved the way I seen when I was him (my "gift", as Spencer called it) and he moved the exact way I seen.

"10." I announced as the board became bigger and there were less and less pieces.

"5."

I examined the board again.

"10." I confirmed and continued to play.

Gideon watched as I made my every move. 5 came up and I smirked. I knew it was only 5 moves. I just wanted to throw him off.

I moved and declared, for the first time that night, "Checkmate!"

Gideon looked at me, his eyes wide and his mouth open. I leaned against the table and raised a victorious eyebrow.

"Impossible." he said. "I thought you said-"

"10? I did. I was bluffing." I said, sitting back and crossing my arms. "I believe I win and we had a bet."

"One week." he confirmed, nodding.

I noticed how he changed.

"It won't be that bad, Jason." I said. "We all miss you like crazy. I know it's not your favorite job in the world, but can't you give us at least a week then a proper goodbye?"

He looked me in the eye and smiled.

"Spencer told you." he said.

I nodded.

"He tells me everything. I just made a point of asking about you a lot."

"Okay then. A week. None more, none less then a proper goodbye. One that you all deserve."

I smiled, widely.

"That's all we want."

*Shout out to ErinTyMillion. Go read her Criminal Minds story right now. It is so amazing!! Also, I was thinking of putting this up for the Watty Awards when I can. Should I??*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 96 14
𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 [Spencer Reid x fem!oc] Awkward Spencer Reid met the awkward new BAU agent, and it just about ruined his entire life. "Of cou...
7.2K 227 11
*Full Disclosure: This story starts three months after the last story ended.* Spencer Reid and Laura Hotchner have secretly dated for three months wi...
108K 1.3K 17
Spencer is embarrassed by his lack of sexual experience. Emily offers to help. Will the be the best idea they've ever come up with or will it ruin ev...
73K 1.4K 29
After a fight with Will, JJ finds herself at a bar making a mistake that she may someday regret: she has a one night stand. She ends up with someone...