Have No Emotion, Show No Weak...

By jacksgibbs_cas

Connie Beauchamp, leading consultant in her specialist field, cardiotherasics and now, clinical lead of the E... More

Painting Over the Cracks
Making Her Presence Known
Heartless
Bad Day
Regret
Apologies
Wrong Decisions
Support
Looking Up, Maybe
An Unforgettable Day
A Hard Goodbye
It Takes Time to Heal
Beauchamp's Back
Pushing Boundaries
Trying Not To Fall
Beautiful Nightmare
Not So Strong After All
Wounds Heal and Cracks Show
Broken Hearts
The First Date
Some Things Happen
Birthdays and Sleepovers
Adventure
Say Something
Questions
Protection
Lost Hope
Dead End
Party
I Love You
Phone Call
Safe and Sound
Asking for Help
What Happens In Vegas...
Jet Lag
Happy Girl
A Family
Illness
What's Wrong
Sorry
Changes
Discharged
No Air
Just The Two Of Us
You Don't Want Me?
Always About You
Long Nights
Godmother
An Afternoon With My Girls
Faded
6 Month Scan
Hormones
Take A Break
Hurt
Soulmate
Sleepover
Small Surprises
Little Things
Today's The Day
Congratulations
Baby Boy
Our Perfect Life
A/N ~

I Do

742 24 7
By jacksgibbs_cas

"So traditionally this is down to the father of the bride... And many of you may have realised that a few important people are missing from today.

Connie's parents both passed away many years ago now but I know how proud they would be of you right now. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing your child happy, and although I'm not your father I can't help the joy that I feel seeing you like this.

You've been like a daughter of mine and those beautiful children of yours, Grace and Charlie like grandchildren to me. I am so proud of who you are Connie, don't ever let someone tell you you're not good enough.

You see that look on her face. I never saw that until she met you. Jacob no matter what she says, she's loved you for a long time it's just admitting it took her a lot longer.

Take care of her. Treat her how she deserves to be treated. And never let her go because nobody could ever replace what you've got with one another.

Giving you away today filled me with so many emotions. Joy, sadness, honour, a sense of letting go and it was hard to keep smiling. But seeing how happy it all made you made it worth while."

Charlie smiled down at Connie as he lifted his glass. "To a perfect a daughter and the man who really did fulfil all her dreams." Everyone toasted to Connie and Jacob before he took his seat beside Connie again. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he held her tightly.

Cal stood up from beside Jacob as he patted him on the shoulder. "I never knew how hard it would be to make a speech. I could handle doing it for a friend, a good friend that's become a sort of brother to you... It's when he's marrying your boss it gets a little risky."

Connie smiled to herself as people around the room laughed lightly. "People have said that they see our relationship like siblings. I guess I do feel like an older brother sometimes. Would you agree with that lil sis?" He glanced to Jacob who punched his leg gently while everyone else laughed. "Guess not..."

"Seeing the happy couple walking down the aisle earlier today, I'm sure we can all agree the bride looked absolutely stunning. The groom on the other hand simply looked stunned. I think that sums up these two pretty well.

Jacob never could believe how lucky he'd been with Connie. He never felt good enough for her, never thought that she'd fall for someone like him. And he wasn't alone I didn't believe any of it for a second either! But in all truth, Connie is perfect for him.

She's beautiful, headstrong, caring and most of all loves him. Everyone can assume things, but nobody really knows anything until it happens. And as soon as this did happen, we all knew it was right."

Connie had expected a lot from Cal's speech but nothing like this. She looked to Jacob who was looking rather emotional himself at Cal's words.

"I'll get straight to the point now. I don't want to keep the happy couple any longer than I have to as I know they are itching to go upstairs and well I'll leave the rest to your imaginations..."

Connie dropped her head to her hands as Jacob laughed. She felt his hand glide along her thigh as he dipped his lips to her ear. "He isn't wrong though sweet cheeks-" "Shut up Mr Masters."

Jacob smiled at her as they listened to the end of Cal's speech. "Thank you to everyone who came to join us today in celebrating this. It's been an incredible day and it really is the start of something good.

Congratulations Jacob on finding such an amazing, generous and gorgeous woman to really call yours. And Connie, try not to break him he's no where near as tough as he likes you to think he is... I've got some great stories for you but I'll leave those for another day. Congratulations again, to Connie and Jacob."

Connie had to briefly wipe under her eyes as she stood up and wrapped Cal into a hug. "Thank you-" "Don't mention it, I meant it all." She sat down again realising Jacob was about to make a small speech himself.

"I have no idea where to start. There aren't enough words to describe what you mean to me, and I can't even begin to try and express how much I love you.

The day you agreed to marry me was a pretty good day but it's not the one I remember. Not even the day you agreed to let me take you out.

The day I remember most clearly is the day you finally let me in. A day that was hard for us all, left many of us feeling broken and lost without his face.

You couldn't keep up that strong willed act and you know what, I'm glad you couldn't. The day you let me in is one I'll never forget because I couldn't be here without it.

Connie you are everything Charlie and Cal said you are. Beautiful, head strong, admirable and I'm proud to call you my wife but there's something they missed...

When I met you I knew about your daughter but I didn't realise how much of an incredible girl you had raised. Grace is a true credit to you and she'll always be a daughter of mine.

4 years ago you gave me the best news any man could hope for. Charlie was the final piece of the puzzle I'd been trying to make for so long.

I couldn't ask for a better role model to my children because it's impossible to find a mother who cares like you do. You'd do anything for those two and I admire that about you. It's something I could never find anywhere else and it makes me love you even more.

Never change who you are sweet cheeks because you're perfect. The way you smile, the way you hate me for talking about you, the way you look in the morning, the way you laugh with Grace and Charlie. I could watch you all day and still be mesmerised by you."

Jacob held Connie's hand and made her stand up. He looked into her eyes as he moved his hands to rest either side of her face. "You are and always will be the love of my life Connie. I promise to always protect you and love you. You've made me the happiest man in the world and I can't thank you enough."

By this point tears were rolling down her cheeks as he leaned closer to her and pressed his lips against hers. Everyone cheered as they watched the happy couple.

When they broke apart Jacob smiled "I love you..."  Connie returned the smile as he kissed her briefly again before turning to sit down.

"Actually before we stop this, there's something I should really tell you all... Especially you."  Connie turned to Jacob who was watching her a little confused.

"You say that Charlie was the final piece to the puzzle you'd been trying to make..."  Connie held his hand and slowly raised it to her stomach. "He wasn't..."

Jacob's eyes widened as people around them listened with smiles on their faces. "I love you so much-"  She didn't have a chance to say anything else as he stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist. He pressed his face to her shoulder as he felt tears come to his eyes.

When Connie looked at him she noticed this and rested her hands on his cheeks. "This is supposed to be the other way round muscles-" "I told you he wasn't that tough, right lil sis?"  Jacob laughed as he turned his attention away from Cal and back to Connie.

"Really?" "Really, we're having a baby."  Grace and Charlie ran across the room and wrapped their arms around Jacob and Connie. He dropped down to lift Charlie up while Connie wrapped her arm around Grace.

Alicia called out from the other end of the table. "To Connie, Jacob, Grace, Charlie and baby number 3!  Congratulations guys!"  Everyone congratulated them as Connie and Jacob never took their eyes off of each other.

"So what Cal said-" "No chance Mr Masters, you've got no chance..."  He smiled as everyone began to move from the tables leaving them as the last ones in the room.

Jacob stepped closer dropping his arms around her waist. "Sure I can't tempt you Mrs Masters?"  Connie raised a perfectly arched eyebrow as her arms went around his neck.

"Mmm that sounds so strange-" "What? Mrs Masters? Get used to it sweet cheeks because I'll never get tired of hearing it."  Connie leant up as she kissed him while he deepened it. "Just wait for tonight sweet cheeks-" "Can't wait but right now we should probably get outside before your delightful best man tells everyone we've fulfilled his speech."

Jacob smiled lacing his fingers through hers and strolling outside to where everyone had gathered. It had already been a long day but it was only just the start and neither of them could wait for everything they had waiting for them. It would always be the five of them against the world.

So that's all! I hope you enjoyed it, thank you once again for following this for the 60 odd chapters it's had! Sorry to end it for all those that have commented recently about not finishing here, in all honesty I've began to lose interest and university work is calling 😂 A new fic of mine which is all pre written is already up, just updated piece by piece when I get five minutes! 😱🙈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 307 33
Connie Beauchamp, the mysterious woman in the whole ED and being the highest call of charge and being a 37 woman what could possibly be wrong with th...
33.6K 1K 61
A fanfiction version of wife swap :)
5.2K 217 22
Connie Beauchamp has a secret. No one knows. Not even her daughters. But when Ellie begins her secondary school years will the secret have to come ou...
13.6K 614 28
Jacob Masters is the clinical lead of Holby City ED, but what happens when intriguing new staff member Nurse Beauchamp arrives?