You Will Regret Rejecting Me

By So-Much-To-Tell-Yoou

Hi, my name is Chloe Maka. I'm the daughter of Paea and Katherine Maka, Beta of the Moonstone Pack. I have a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22: The Club Part 1
Chapter 23: The Club Part 2
Chapter 24
Author's note; please read
Chapter 25 + A/N Please read
Author's Note
Chapter 26: Part 1
Chapter 26: Part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 18

34.3K 810 195
By So-Much-To-Tell-Yoou

Chapter 18

"Guys I have something to tell you." She said looking at the ground. I smiled widely as she fidgeted with the hem of her shirt. I walked towards the crowd and stood next to Corona who was next to a now calm Corey and Xavier. Everyone listened attentively to Elena as she spoke. "By now you all know that two years ago I have been betrayed by one of our own pack members, Chloe." I glared at her and Zahara dragged her finger across her neck mumbling 'you're dead.' So thinking wisely Elena continued. "What I forgot to tell you is that-"There was a long pause but she finally continued. "Is that Chloe never set me up."

There were so many gasps and inhaling of breath. "What do you mean never set you up? Surely she would've. I mean you had bruises all over yourself." Crystal asked with fake shock as she walked towards us. A chorus of yeahs were spread throughout the whole pack.

Elena death glared at Crystal but continued on. "No, ok Chloe didn't set me up. The truth is I planned the whole thing." She confessed. There was another round of gasps.

"Why would you do such thing?", "Why did you plan it?"and "What did Chloe ever do to you?" came out from everybody's mouths.

"Because!" Elena shouted. "I was jealous ok. I was jealous at how everyone loved and respected Chloe more than me, the alpha's sister. It was always Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. Chloe this or Chloe that, it was never once me! I was jealous at how all the guys wanted to go out with her." A low growl erupted from Xavier's chest. I just glared at him. "I was young and let jealousy blind me, I saw Chloe as competition and I needed her gone, so I planned this whole thing to make everyone turn against her and it worked. Unfortunately my plan backfired as she came back with all her ugly looking friends." She said looking at Corona, Kelly, Zahara and Rose in disgust.

Zahara stuck her rude finger up at her and Corona just smiled evilly at her. Rose marched right up to her and slapped her across the face. "Before you judge someone else make sure your perfect bitch, cause I can tell you right now, if you looked in the mirror the mirror would probably slap you across the face too." She said getting up in Elena's face. I put my hands on Rose's shoulder telling her enough and she walked back.

"You know Elena." I said looking at her. "People loved me because I was outgoing and kind, not a snob and a cold hearted bitch like you. No one cares if you're an alpha's sister or not, wow big deal you're Xavier's sister, people might act like they like you but as soon as you leave the room they most probably talk about you and how you're so cruel. You should stop using your status in the pack to get attention and respect. You don't just get respect in a blink of an eye, you got to work hard for it and earn it like the rest of us. And lastly you have to treat the pack with respect cause sooner or later there all going to despise you rather than love you." I said.

It looked like I actually got across to her as her face was showing surrender but quickly she covered it up with her snobby face. "Whatever. Just because everyone knows the truth doesn't mean I'm going to fall on my knees and worship you. I still hate you. And I don't give a damn, what you all think about me now." She said pointing at everyone, and with that she walked off.

I turned back to everyone and they were all looking at me with regret. My old pack came up to me and apologised one by one saying how much they hate Elena. I accepted all their apologies since they didn't know the truth until now. "Well this was an interesting training session." Scott said. "But I think we can call it a day." He said scratching his head.

We all left and Corey ran to me and hugged the living crap out of me. "You stupid girl! I was so worried. I just got you back, and then you go and get into a fight where she nearly ripped your throat out." He said hugging me tighter. I tried telling him he was suffocating me but I wasn't able to move. I mind linked my pack to tell him to let go but they all laughed at me.

"Well we'll leave you to have your brother and sister moment." Zahara said laughing as they all walked away.

Corey never let go of me and I swear his arms were about to squash me. "Chloe, I swear if you ever get into another fight i'll kill you myself." He said jokingly.

I managed to push him off of me. "Goodness Corey you nearly suffocated me with your fat arms." I screamed mockingly. Behind Corey was Xavier. Oh great! And I forgot to mention he was shirtless and goodness gracious he was fine! I'd be lying if I said he wasn't. He was laughing at my comment. Corey gasped and gave me an evil smirk. Oh no, I know that smile to well. I started to run but he caught me and tackled me to the ground. He began to tickle me and I laughed uncontrollably. "Corey stop! I can't breathe." I said between my laughs. Corey kept going, smirking at my red face. I knew what he wanted me to say but there was no way I would.

"You know what you have to do to make me stop." He said teasingly. I shook my head no and he tickled me even harder. He lifted my arms up and tickled my armpits. My laughs probably sounded horrible since I was a ticklish person.

"Fine!" I cried out. "You're the better twin, you're the best and I suck like crap." I screamed out. All of a sudden I couldn't feel anyone tickling me.

I opened my eyes and saw a smirking Corey. "Oh, Chloe you could've just told me instead of screaming it to the whole world."

I just glared at him as I got up off the ground. He started to back up and then ran when I stood up. "Yeah that's right Corey, you better run, you scaredy cat!" I shouted as I laughed at him running away.

I shook my head at my brother's ways. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Xavier cleared his throat. I forgot he was there. I turned around and I really wish I didn't because he was just too hot. It should be illegal to look that hot. Is it just me or is it getting hot? Xavier just grinned and started to chuckle. Damnit he can read my thoughts. I blushed and hid my face in my hair. "So you think I'm hot?" Xavier asked with a grin.

"No." I said trying to cover up my little slip. Xavier just laughed at me. "Fine, yes you're hot Xavier, but that doesn't mean I forgive you." That wiped the smile straight off his face.

"Why? You forgave everyone else but not me, why?" he said sadly and it kind of hurt to see him sad. Damn my wolf is getting weaker every time Xavier's around.

"Because Xavier, they didn't know that what Elena said was a lie. You did. You're my mate and you rejected me because you thought I disrespected your sister when you KNEW the whole time I was innocent. Which leaves me with one question. Why? Why did you reject me when you knew? Am I not good enough for you or something, or am I not pretty enough for you?" I said.

"Chloe you're the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on." He said holding my hands.

"Then tell me Xavier, why did you reject me and why did you let Elena do that to me?" I begged him. He didn't answer me but just kept looking at the ground. I pulled my hand away from his. "You know what? Don't bother Xavier. I don't care." I said giving up. He will never tell me why. "I don't care about why you rejected me, I don't care that you got Maya pregnant and I surely don't care about you." I said pissed off as I started to walk away from him.

"You don't mean that. You care Chloe, I know you do, because I care." Xavier said quietly but it was loud enough to stop me in my tracks.

"Xavier." I said quietly back without turning around to see his face. "You should know." I said turning around to face him. "You're right, I may act like I don't care, but deep, deep, DEEP down, I REALLY don't care." I said. I didn't wait to see his reaction as I walked off. It kind of felt good to say that and walk away from him but at the same time it hurt me too.

I just brushed it off and continued walking back to the pack house where everyone was. I went inside and saw Luke sitting on the chair with his head in his hands. I closed the door which made Luke snap his head at me. When I saw his face I was surprised. His face was red and puffy. Has he been crying? I ignored him and went to walk straight past him but he stopped me. "Chloe please." He said desperately. I stopped and looked at him. "I'm sorry-"now it was me who stopped him.

"Not now Luke." I whispered, waving my hand in a dismissive manner.

"No, please just hear me out for a sec." he said blocking my way from walking away. I just stood still looking anywhere but my ex best friend. "I know what I did was wrong and as you're best friend-"

I cut him off. "EX bestfriend." I said glaring at him.

He looked hurt but he continued. "I should've believed you, but I didn't and I am sorry. But Chloe you got to understand I'm a guy. I don't know how to be all sympathetic and understanding."

"You were sympathetic and understanding......... before you got with Elena." I told him looking out the window.

He just took one step towards me. "Let me explain Chloe, like I said I'm a guy, who has needs and urges. So when I said that to Elena, I didn't really mean it, I was talking with her and the next minute we were all over each other on her bed, me whispering anything she wanted to hear." I looked at him with disgust. "And I know what I said just made me sound selfish and made things worse for me, but I'm trying to be sympathetic now, and I'm starting by telling the truth. Xavier's party was the only time I mentioned those things to Elena, and it was the only time I made out with her. Ever since you left, everything turned upside down. I was a mess and Crystal and Corey wasn't making it any easier, in fact they would verbally abuse the hell out of me. I deserved it though. I tried to make friends with Corey and Crystal but they both would shut me out. As for Xavier, I have been avoiding him and shoving him every now and then." I just looked at the ground. "Chloe, please forgive me and give me another chance. I don't have to go straight back to being your best friend, we can just be acquaintances, and I'll work for your trust and friendship. When you left me that letter after you left, you taught me what best friends were. Best friends aren't just about secrets; it's about being there for each other no matter what. What I did to you was wrong and sad but you still cared enough to explain to me why you were leaving. Even in your darkest days, you're still caring and loyal." I finally looked at him and I could see the truth in his eyes and regret and pain smeared across his face. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Luke, after all he was my best friend. "You're compassion is a gift Chloe, carry it with you, as I will carry my regret, always and forever." He said quoting Elijah from Vampire Diaries, which caused me to smile.

"Well, sir, that was a very pretty apology, but I cannot take you for your word, you must keep your promise and also act upon. But other than that." I punched him, hard. "You're a dickhead Skidmore!" He didn't flinch or show any sign of him being angry or shocked which was weird cause he would've got me back by now. All he did was smile, and the smile reached his ears. "What?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing." He said as he continued to smile at me. I stared back at him weirdly. "For the first time, I'm not mad at you for calling me by my last name. I'm actually relieved." He told me.

"Yeah maybe cause your skid marks are in a happy mood." I said in a mockingly tone.

"Yep and just like that I regret what I said." Luke said fake glaring at me.

I gasped in shock. "You regret apologising to me already!?" I said with fake anger.

Luke's face was priceless. He looked like a lost puppy, even though he is a werewolf, oh the irony. "What! No I didn't mean it like that! Chloe I don't regret apologising i-"

I interrupted him. "Calm down Lukie!" I said putting my hand on his shoulder, reassuring him I was fine. "I'm just playing you" I said patting his back. "And to be honest playing you is like taking a bone from a small defenceless puppy!" I said pinching his cheek.

Luke slapped my hand away as he laughed, and then we began to tease each other. We started catching up on things we missed while I was away. Apparently my dad bashed Xavier and then gave him advice and that Mattie is acting strange and protective around Maya. Luke and I must've talked for hours because it was getting dark. I was also really exhausted from today. I stood up and was about to walk towards the stairs until Luke interrupted. "Chloe?" he said. I turned around and looked at him. "Does this mean we're cool?" he asked hopingly.

I hesitated for a while as I was in deep thought. I squinted my face and Luke frowned. But then he snapped his face back at me and did the famous Damon Salvatore half smirk. I immediately smiled and shook my head in amusement. "Don't make me regret forgiving you Luke." I said in a serious tone but smiling as he continued to smirk at me.

Luke started to fist pump as he yelled, "Yeah Buddy!" as he ran up to me and raised me into the air and hugging me. "You won't regret it." He said letting me go. I was about to walk off when Luke whistled at me. I stopped dead in my tracks and snapped my head at him questioningly. "Uh, you do know you only have a shirt on, and your hair looks like you just finished having a hot make out." He said wriggling his eyebrows as he winked at me jokingly.

I blushed as I looked down at myself. He was right I was only wearing Xavier's shirt that came down mid-thigh and my hair was messy. "Oh" I said looking at the shirt. "Well I'm only going upstairs so it's fine." I said, shrugging my shoulders. I ran the rest of the way upstairs. I peeked into all the rooms and there was no spare ones. What the hell, where am I meant to sleep?

I found Scott's room and knocked on the door. He answered the door, still half asleep. "What?" he said yawning.

"Where's my room?" I asked him, but clearly he wasn't paying attention as he slowly began to doze off. "Scott!" I said again and his eyes shot open again but once again started to slowly close. "uh never mind I'm going to sleep with Adam." I said, knowing this would get his full attention.

"meeh" he said as he closed the door on my face.

"What!?" I said shocked. "wow he must be really tired." I mumbled as I began to walk down the corridor in search for one of the girl's room. After peaking my head through about 20 rooms like a stalker, I got fed up when I couldn't find anyones room. I decided I was going to just go home and sleep there.

I walked downstairs and saw Luke just dancing so happily. I cleared my throat and he immediately turned around, stopping his happy dance. He began to blush as he rubbed the back of his neck. I just laughed and walked past him copying his dance moves. As I walked past him he just playfully shoved me saying shut up. I just laughed even harder. "Night Luke, you better calm down with that Jackson fever." I told him as I walked out and began to walk home.

"Chloe wait!" Luke screamed. I turned around and he was running towards me with a pair of track pants in his hands. I looked at him weirdly and then down at what I was wearing, crap I was still in Xavier's shirt. Thank goodness he brought me pants. He chucked me the pair of pants. "Did you really think I'd let you walk home looking like that." He said pointing at the shirt I was wearing. "Corey would surely kill me then." He said.

"I totally forgot that I was just in this." I said grabbing his pants and putting them on. "Thank goodness you stopped me, you perve." I said jokingly.

Luke just laughed. There was a moment of silence. I looked at Luke and it looked like he was thinking real hard about something with the way his eyes squinted. I was about to snap him out of his focus zone but he beat me to it as he screamed out, "I have an idea!" I nodded at him to continue. "If you really want to get back at Xavier, we should switch shirts."

"Switch shirts? Why?" I asked confused. How would that make him angry?

"Because, if we switch shirts he will smell my scent on you and since he gave you his, he would think something happened." He said with a grin and a wink.

"Luke Skidmore! Let just get something straight 'something happened' will never ever happen so please wipe that grin off of your face and besides I can't because I have Adam and if Xavier thinks that happened so will Adam." I said thinking about Adam.

Luke's mood turned from cheeky into sadness. "I guess you're right, but at least you still have my pants, that would still make your mate pissed." He said with a smile. "And you can tell Adam you're wearing it because you didn't want to walk home half naked."

"I guess so Luke." I said waving bye at him. He waved back at me after a good awkward 2 minutes so I turned away and began to walk home.

"Chloe!" Luke screamed, once again stopping me. I turned around just in time to get bear hugged from Luke. "I missed you so much Cee." He whispered

"I missed you too Luke." I whispered back as I hugged him.

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF MY MATE!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.2K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...
803K 32.5K 62
----- I gasped, but soon enough the rain settled the flames down, making it disappear. I flipped onto my back, making the worst decision of my life...
59.6K 1.8K 39
Nevaeh, the pack servant, hopes her mate will one day take her to a love-filled world where there are no daily beatings on her schedule. But when th...
1.2M 30.6K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...