Definitely Not Interested

By hanlovestowrite26

Being a high school Muslim hijabi was already a lot to deal with but add a crazy life and it gets all too mes... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N

Chapter 5

14.5K 1.1K 290
By hanlovestowrite26

"He's so cute!" Sarah exclaimed as she kept stealing looks at Amir. He was playing soccer with the boys side near our,the girls, field during P.E.

I rolled my eyes as Amir stared in our direction before kicking the ball into the net. He made it. I pretended not to look and turned around, paying him no attention after that.

"Malak! Malak!" Sarah nudged me.

"What?" I kept my eyes on the ball coming towards me. I'm now calculating how to get it from this point to the net, I was pretty close so it would be easier.

"Amir! He's looking at me!!" She kept nudging me and I couldn't focus. I barely heard her.

I turned to her. "What did you say?" And then the ball passed me and everyone was yelling at me because I didn't kick it to someone near.

I felt frustrated and just excused myself to the toiletries. Sarah was still trying to get me to pay attention to her story but I didn't care now. I needed to go wash my face and cool down. The heat was almost unbearable.

Sarah didn't come because the teacher wouldn't let her which was great. I don't want to here whatever she had to say. It may sound rude but all Sarah ever talks about are boys. I'm guessing she only talks to me for that reason. No one else is going to deal with it. I hated it too But since she was someone who didn't hate me, I didn't really mind too much although at times it was almost unbearable.

The bathrooms were not too far from the soccer field but they weren't too close to see what's going on so sometimes this becomes a make out sesh which was gross. Who wants to do that stuff when sweaty?? I cringed but thankfully nobody was here.

I walked into the girls restroom and washed my face and hands. Sometimes this hijab can get a little hot so I unwrapped it and let my neck breathe.

When I finally cooled down I wrapped it up and went back outside. A little water fountain was next to the bathrooms so I bent down to drink but before I could even push the button, a spider stood on top of the fountain staring at me.

Now I was a pretty strong girl but when it comes down to insects especially spiders, I freak out. I screamed and back away. It wasn't a poisonous one but it was gross.

I looked at it staring at me. I stared back but with freight. It suddenly moved towards me and I tried to shoo it off but it got even more crazy and jumped onto my shirt.

I panicked and thought this was how I was going to die. I didn't even write my will! It's not like I ha anything anyways but still!

I almost began crying because the little evil thing wouldn't come off. Then suddenly a hand moves across my shirt and smacks it off.

"There you go peasant." Amir scoffed. He stood proudly like he was superman. But before I could come up with a witty reply I see the spider climbing on his leg. He smacked it on to himself.

"Amir!" I screech and point to his leg.

He sees it and he becomes horrified. He starts thrashing his leg around but the spider doesn't completely come off. "Oh shit!" He became terrified. "Get it off get it off." He grunted.

I didn't know what to do but cringe and watch in horror. I also panicked but it finally flew off. He ran behind me and hid. "Is it gone?" He whispered and I quickly shook him off.

"Obviously." I looked at my nails as he stared at me with his light green eyes. Although I was still very terrified of the spider still lingering around.

He straightened his posture and quickly regained his cockiness. "Let's not bump into each other again." He then walked away with his signature walk.

****

"I think we should really go! We were invited anyways." Sarah kept pestering me about a party she was invited to and wanted me to tag along. She knew I couldn't come but Sarah is stubborn.

"I can't. Sorry." I smiled at her apologetically. She's crazy to think that I have time to go and party it up. Plus I have no clothes and my mother will kill me.

"Ugh you're no fun!" Sarah whined but stopped in her tracks.

"What?" I whispered and she pointed to a group of guys sitting near their cars. She pulled me closer and hid us behind a huge tree near them.

"Look at Amir!" She whispered. "I wonder what they are saying." We quited down and listened. I don't want want to do this but I can't sneak away from Sarah.

"What about that girl! That would be hilarious if you asked her out!" One of Amir's friends laughed loudly.

"Hey hey hey."Amir said. "Do you really think that ugly peasant is even worth being seen with me?" He scoffed and they all laughed. He was leaning against his sports car and smirked when they all laughed as if he told a joke.

I instantly knew who they were talking about and for some reason I felt my chest twist. It bothered me. How could it not?

Sarah looked at me. "Sorry." She whispered.

"Eh, it's okay." I shooed it off.

"They aren't saying anything about me." Sarah said, frustrated.

We listened back in. Hopefully they mention her name so she can fangirl and we can go home.

They just started talking about business and it got boring. We finally snuck away and I began my way home.

****

Coming to school the next day, I was called in by my English teacher and she finally gave me the dreading chore of showing the new fancy kid into this school.

I had forgot about it until today.

"This is Adam." She introduced us and all he did was observe me.

"Hello Adam." I fake smiles. He had dark brown eyes and dark hair styled messily on his head. He had broad shoulders and a defined face, with sharp a jaw. He was dressed in our school uniform, which was surprising.

"It's nice to meet you to." He nodded.

"Okay!" The teacher clapped her hands startling me. "Get to it! Show him around be his friend!" She continued.

I wanted to run but I thought that would be rude.

"Let's go Adam." I spoke and he followed next to me.

****

"Where do we start?" He spoke up as I made my way to the cafeteria. It was way too early to start showing him now. Classes begin in an half hour from now. I needed breakfast.

"Food first." I pointed my finger up.

Adam chuckled. "Right."

We walked in and I grabbed a cinnamon roll and went to pay for it. Things here were expensive but today I had money and I was craving it badly.

He decided to grab one too and followed me. I reached into my pocket but then Adam quickly got out his card and paid for both of ours.

"Why did you do that!?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled.

"I'll pay you back." I said quickly.

"For what?" He chuckled. "A cinnamon roll? You're already showing me around, think of it as pay for your work."

I laughed. "We-"

"Having fun are we?" An unamused deep voice spoke from behind me.

I tuned around to see Amir. He didn't look happy, wait, he never looked happy.

He cocked his brow when he looked to see Adam next to me. "And you are?" He said lowly.

"Adam." Adam said then turned his attention towards me. "Let's go sit."

"Okay." I walked away from Amir and sat further away. I glanced in his direction and he was staring dangerously in our direction. What was his problem?
***

It's a little short but I hope you guys enjoyed it! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Worth It By Safa

Teen Fiction

42.2K 1.8K 32
"I don't get it! Why do you keep doing this to me?!" His words were wrapped in molten lava, hands in his hair, eyes closed tight. My heart hammered a...
382K 23.8K 29
Salam u alaikum readers! I wanted to inform you guys that I've started making edits to this story. Some chapters are the same while some are complet...
12.6K 869 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
133K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...