Bright

By haddyg

Gillie is not an ordinary girl. Any water she touches turns to ice. No one knows about her power not even her... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Bright

52 3 0
By haddyg

Ok so this story isn't edited so, sorry. Also thanks for reading! Hope you like It! Comment. I'll try to post a new chapter often. Read my other book, Wishes.

-------••-------••-------••-------••----

Chapter 1

With my eyes squeezed tightly shut, I snuggled deeper under my many blankets. Eyes still closed, I blew my mom a kiss as she left the room.

"Door open or closed?" She asked, but she already knew the answer.

"Closed." I said quietly to the shutting door, my eyes still closed. The room was now perfectly dark, the blinds and curtains were shut and so was the door.

I sighed. I was finally alone. I snapped my eyes open. My inhumanly sharp night vision slid around the room. I can see in the dark. In my eyes the room wasn't bright like the day, or green like night vision goggles, I can just...see. It's hard to explain. I can do other things too. I have amazing agility and I'm a really good runner. Not abnormally fast but enough to be fastest in my class.

I slipped out of bed and to the window. I slowly opened it and let the cold night air blow across me. Nothing is cold to me, I am the cold. It still feels good though.

I opened the window a bit wider. I then grabbed the top of the frame and swung through onto the grass below. I turned and pushed the window back down so the cold air wouldn't wake my mom. The I slowly walked across the grass, enjoying the soft feel of it against my bare feet.

Soon my feet found the big smooth rocks surrounding our small pond. I crouched down on one of the rocks and stared into the blue-green water. There was only one thing prettier. Ice. I ran my hand along the surface of the water and watched ice form behind it. I twisted my finger in arcs, watching the ice designing behind it. Soon the pond was covered in a layer of ice. I stared at the ice. It was glorious. The reflection of the moon was shimmering right in the center of the pond.

I crouched there for a few more moments, then I stood. I ran down the street to another house that had a birdbath on its front lawn. I stuck my finger in and watched the ice spread from my finger. When it was completely frozen, I slipped my finger out of the ice leaving a hole where my finger was. I bent down and picked up a thin rock then slipped it into the hole. Then I turned and continued on my journey. My next stop was a little further.

It took me a couple minutes to get to the small slow-flowing creek that wound through our town. I stepped up to it and looked down into the water. This was my favorite part. The river was just wide enough for me do stand in. I placed one foot on each side of the creek. Then I reached down and set my hand on the top of the creek. A section froze over. I stepped onto the small section then placed my hand on the water in front of the ice making the space larger. I slid along the ice, my hand stretched out in front of me, turning water into ice seconds before I slid over it.

When most of the creek was finished I began to head home. On the way back I brushed my fingers along some of the front yards creating a thin layer of frost across the grass. I finally arrived back at my house. I bent down and spread a layer of frost across my front yard before walking across my yard back to my window. I pulled it open and swung back inside. I lay down exhausted on my bed and fell asleep.

-------••-------••-------••-------••----

Comment what you thought about the first chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 111K 26
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
1M 42.8K 90
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
38.1K 2.3K 22
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 # 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐳 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. Love or betrayal? Consumption of betrayals. Internal betrayal? Yes! Will they be overcome? Or W...
69.4K 1.8K 67
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...