Bright

Ok so this story isn't edited so, sorry. Also thanks for reading! Hope you like It! Comment. I'll try to post a new chapter often. Read my other book, Wishes.

-------••-------••-------••-------••----

Chapter 1

With my eyes squeezed tightly shut, I snuggled deeper under my many blankets. Eyes still closed, I blew my mom a kiss as she left the room.

"Door open or closed?" She asked, but she already knew the answer.

"Closed." I said quietly to the shutting door, my eyes still closed. The room was now perfectly dark, the blinds and curtains were shut and so was the door.

I sighed. I was finally alone. I snapped my eyes open. My inhumanly sharp night vision slid around the room. I can see in the dark. In my eyes the room wasn't bright like the day, or green like night vision goggles, I can just...see. It's hard to explain. I can do other things too. I have amazing agility and I'm a really good runner. Not abnormally fast but enough to be fastest in my class.

I slipped out of bed and to the window. I slowly opened it and let the cold night air blow across me. Nothing is cold to me, I am the cold. It still feels good though.

I opened the window a bit wider. I then grabbed the top of the frame and swung through onto the grass below. I turned and pushed the window back down so the cold air wouldn't wake my mom. The I slowly walked across the grass, enjoying the soft feel of it against my bare feet.

Soon my feet found the big smooth rocks surrounding our small pond. I crouched down on one of the rocks and stared into the blue-green water. There was only one thing prettier. Ice. I ran my hand along the surface of the water and watched ice form behind it. I twisted my finger in arcs, watching the ice designing behind it. Soon the pond was covered in a layer of ice. I stared at the ice. It was glorious. The reflection of the moon was shimmering right in the center of the pond.

I crouched there for a few more moments, then I stood. I ran down the street to another house that had a birdbath on its front lawn. I stuck my finger in and watched the ice spread from my finger. When it was completely frozen, I slipped my finger out of the ice leaving a hole where my finger was. I bent down and picked up a thin rock then slipped it into the hole. Then I turned and continued on my journey. My next stop was a little further.

It took me a couple minutes to get to the small slow-flowing creek that wound through our town. I stepped up to it and looked down into the water. This was my favorite part. The river was just wide enough for me do stand in. I placed one foot on each side of the creek. Then I reached down and set my hand on the top of the creek. A section froze over. I stepped onto the small section then placed my hand on the water in front of the ice making the space larger. I slid along the ice, my hand stretched out in front of me, turning water into ice seconds before I slid over it.

When most of the creek was finished I began to head home. On the way back I brushed my fingers along some of the front yards creating a thin layer of frost across the grass. I finally arrived back at my house. I bent down and spread a layer of frost across my front yard before walking across my yard back to my window. I pulled it open and swung back inside. I lay down exhausted on my bed and fell asleep.

-------••-------••-------••-------••----

Comment what you thought about the first chapter!