Chapter 3

So ya I'm going to try to update at least once a week. So we will see how that goes. Comment what you think.

Chapter 3

When we got to school, Em jumped up.

"Come on Gillie!" She cried. She grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"How are you always so cold but never feel cold?" She asked staring at my arm where she was holding it.

"I don't know." I replied,"weird, isn't it?"

"Totally." She answered. "Can we go now?"

The bus was emptying quickly and we were some of the last ones still on the bus. I slipped my backpack over one shoulder and followed Em off the bus.

We hurried into homeroom and shoved our backpacks into our side-by-side lockers.

"Gillie." Em was tugging my arm,"it's her again."

I looked up. The girl who was staring at me in the bus was looking at me from across the lockers. When she caught me looking, she turned back to taking out books.

Em and I hurried to our seats as the bell rang. The teacher began class after all the kids were seated.

"Today we have a new student."she told us. Then she gestured to the blonde girl, who made her way up to the front. When she got there the teacher turned back to us.

"This is Summer Hallarsh. She will be joining us for the remainder of the year. I want you all to make her feel welcome."

Summer looked a little uncomfortable standing in front of the class. She looked shy, but there was a strong, almost fierce look in her eye.

The teacher assigned Summer an open seat. It was a couple desks away from mine. She sat down fluidly and cradled her chin in her palms. She stared intently at the teacher seemingly soaking up in detail everything she said.

At lunch Em and I took our usual spots at the far end of the cafeteria. I pulled a peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of my lunch bag.

"Hey Gillie um look over there at Summer. She's all alone. Maybe we should go sit with her." Em looked back at me.

"I don't know."

"Come on Gillie, let's be the nice ones who befriend her. Why don't you want to anyway?"

"I don't know. There's just something different about her." We were now both looking in her direction.

"What?"

"I don't know. It just feels like something's off."

"Oh come on Gillie let's just go."

I conceded and sighed as she pulled me up by my arm. We walked over to where she was sitting with our lunches in hand.

"Hey can we sit with you?" Em asked politely.

"Sure" Summer's voice had a sweet ring to it. It was the kind of voice that no one could say no to.

Em and I sat down across from her. Aside from us, the table was empty. We ate pretty much in silence. I could tell that Summer wasn't much of a talker. Em would throw out the occasional conversation starter, but Summer was a good conversation ender. She was able to end the conversation as quickly as it started.

The second the bell rang we all got up, and headed back to homeroom as quietly as our lunch. At the door we split up and walked to each of our desks.

I looked over at Em across the room. When she caught my eye she mouthed I like her

What? you barely even got to know her! I mouthed back.

She seemed nice. She told me. I rolled my eyes at Em across the room. She turned back to the front of he room where the teacher was telling us about global warming.

The bell finally rang telling us school was over for today. I walked back to my locker and opened my locker. I peeked my head over the top of my locker at Summer. She was pulling out her backpack. She glanced my way but then looked away when she caught me looking. I turned back to my books too, ashamed for staring.

Ok so third chapter. Comment what you thought. Also vote please!! I'll try to comment a new chapter soon.