Our Eternal Bond

By Moon_Girl495

Danila and her sister moved to Dallas, Texas to start a new life. They're werewolves, out for a fresh start... More

Our Eternal Bond
Chapter 1 - Unexpected
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8 - Part 2
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 6

1.5K 27 0
By Moon_Girl495

Ha! This chapter is long... who's a kind writer?

Chapter 6

Danila

I was pissed by his actions lately. He was being too overprotective of me even though we just met! Stupid werewolf hormones, why do I have to be a werewolf anyway? He was so stubborn. How many times do I have to remind him to not call me Danni? Freaking goddamn Bambi, I am going to kill you when I get home!

I can’t go to Math class now, can I? Now that I am very late. After all, I hated Math with passion, and that happens to be my first subject every single day for school. Can’t you believe that out of all my line of nine grades… I got 82 in Math? Well, I fail every test.

I hesitated, but finally, I decided to sit under the tree until the next subject. I will only confront humiliation for my tardiness if I ever attend this class. Sighing, I took out my notebook and started drawing whatever comes into my mind and flows through my hands. The warm, fresh air made me relax a little bit and at least… made all of my problems to ease somehow.

Closing my eyes, I absentmindedly hummed the music of my mother while my hand was working on an illustration.

“Beautiful song” I heard someone compliment, hearing the smirk in his voice. My eyes snapped open and I looked up to meet a pair of silver eyes.

Groaning in frustration, “What do you want?” I asked,

“I cannot attend Math class anymore, so I decided to come and sit on my spot at the school” he referred to the position I was sitting on. I looked to where he was pointing to realize that he is referring to my seat.

“This is your spot?” I furrowed my brows at him,

“Fine” I started getting up and gathering my things “I’ll leave” I said as my notebook accidentally slipped from my fingers and fell on the ground with a thump. I crouched down to get it and so did he, our fingers kind of touched, and even on the slightest contact can make those sparks erupt. He grabbed my notebook, and examined it for a minute before giving it to me. A smirk formed on his lips while I just stared at him in utter confusion.

“What are you smirking at?” I asked, grabbing the notebook out of his hands and stuffing it on my bag.

“What is the meaning of those wolves you just draw?” his smirk never left his lips and I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

“Why does that bother you? Otherwise that’s none of your business” I replied, sternly.

“Stop being so feisty!” he exclaimed, leaning against the tree while eyeing me with anticipation.

“And stop being so cocky!” I responded, crossing my arms over my chest.

The bell rang and without even glancing on his face, I walked away. Gripping tightly on the handle of my bag, I muttered something about stupid werewolf hormones.

“I’ll walk you to class” he began to gather his things and I stopped him, instantaneously.

“Hell no! I don’t want anybody seeing me with you… they might think of something… else” I whispered the last part, hearing him chuckle when a blush crept into my cheeks.

“But we are something else, aren’t we? Oh... and I love those shades of pink on your cheeks” he laughed furiously and I threw him my pencil. He cringed away from the impact,

Leaving him there alone without any other company by himself made me hesitant at first, but then I just thought about my next class which is music and arts come to my mind. The map by the hall was for students like me who wanted to find their way around the school if lost, which seemed to help indeed.

The coordination indicated that the music room is the last door to the left, which is just around the corner. Walking to my class, students began to fill the hall way. I was well aware that this school was filled with werewolves and that everyone I passed has been giving me suspicious looks. I ignored them and kept walking, I cannot be drawing attention to myself! However, I am used to this kinds of attention back at home, like the future alpha who walked past her subjects.

“Hey girl!” someone nudged me on the side, abruptly, making me jump in fright. I spun around to look a Cynthia. “Oh! I am so sorry! Did I scare you?”

“No… not really. Just startled” I said, with a strain on my voice. That made my heart race inside my chest.

“Pardon me” she giggled while clamping a hand over her mouth, “Don’t mind them. They’re just wondering why there is a new girl… we rarely got one over the years” she said, snaking her arm around mine while skipping down the hallway and dragging me.

“That’s fine. I am used to all the attention they’re giving me now” I answered, with double meaning.

“Really?” I nodded “Are you a cheerleader on your last school?” she inquired,

“No… more like junior assistant coach for the football team” I corrected, with a small and warm smile.

“Speaking of football… you smell like our quarterback” she sniffed my shoulder and I cringed away from her. “Pardon me… I tend to do that a lot when I smell something strange” she giggled while blushing a beet red. I smiled at her, her eyes were gleaming with apology.

“That’s… fine” I replied, hesitantly. I do not smell that strange, do I? Well, that actually what happens when you got claimed. Your scent will be mixed with the male’s as if to tell to ‘back off! This is mine’. I laughed quietly at the thought.

“What’s your next class?”

“Uh… music and arts”

“That’s great! We have the same class together” she chirped while jumping incessantly on her feet. “Have you spoken to the alpha and submitted?”

“No… if it will be my choice I will never relinquish under his power” I responded,

“Awe… why not?” she whined “No one really tolerated to be with me… you’re the first one ever to like me” she pouted, her bottom lip sticking out while trembling.

“Who wouldn’t like you? You’re kind… funny… nice, why wouldn’t someone be with you?” I cocked my brows at her while her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

“They said I am childish. But anyway… why do you smell like the alpha? You can never smell like him unless” she trailed off and brushed away the hair covering my neck. She gasped in shock and stopped at our tracks, “YOU WERE CLAI-“ I clamped my hands over her mouth and shushed her, placing a finger between my lips. Lucky me there was no one on this hallway, only a few passing by.

“Shush. Don’t tell anyone” I advised, removing my hand over her mouth.

“That’s the alpha who you were dealing with!” she half-whispered, half-yelled. “Are you his mate?” she whispered in my ear. 

“I don’t think I could tolerate to have that conversation here in school, how about you come over to my house later?” I suggested, she jumped up high and squealed.

“That will be great! Do you think I can bring someone over?”

Never had I had someone over to my house with my father not kicking them out, except my best friend of course which is a girl also. My father never allowed me to have a relationship greater than a boy before,

“That depends… who?” I eyed her suspiciously while she shrieked so loud in excitement. “Shut up!”

“Oops” she placed a hand over her mouth and giggled “Sorry. Anyways… he’s a friend” she seemed hesitant at first,

“He?”

“Yeah… he, do you think I can bring ‘him’ along?” she gave me a pair of puppy dog eyes which is certainly hard to resist.

“Ugh… fine” I finally gave in, rolling my eyes at her cuteness.

“Yey!” she pumped her fist in the air while jumping up and down like a child who got an ice cream for the day. “Ooh, here we are” we came in front of two big, large doors which she opened wide while dragging me in.

I gasped and clamped both of my hands on my mouth. Every piece of possible musical instrument must be here. There was also a wide stage placed on front with a violin, piano, guitar etc.

“Wow” I exclaimed, then hearing a throat being cleared beside us. We both shrieked in surprise, hearing a chuckle in return. We turned and stared at the woman before us in wide eyes, while having our hands to our racing heart.

“Damn, Ms. Ang…” Cynthia breathed “You startled us”

“Ah, Cynthia. Who is this lovely new friend, you’ve brought?” her brows furrowed while looking at me. She looks like a strict teacher on the outside… but she seemed friendly.

“Oh… this is, what’s your name again?” she asked me, hearing Ms. Ang chuckle.

“Really again, Cynthia—with your big mouth you even failed to ask your friend’s name” she stated, I looked over to Cynthia to catch a blush creeping into her cheeks.

“Uh… I’m Danila Van Roxelle” I grinned sheepishly, hoping that they won’t recognize the last name I was carrying. Really, I am such an idiot to not change my name before leaving, but do I even have a choice?

“You seemed familiar, dear” she eyed me with suspicion, she placed a finger under my chin and looked straight in my eyes. She gasped, her eyes widening in shock. The pen between her fingers slipped and fell on the carpeted floor with a few clicks. Breaking the eye contact, I crouched down and picked up her pen, handing it to her without looking.

“What is it, Ms?” I heard Cynthia ask, I looked at Ms. Ang with pleading eyes. She seemed hesitant at first,

“Uh… I-I… your eyes… they’re the greenest green I’ve ever seen” she stuttered, I smiled thankfully at her. Does she even know who I really am? “Cynthia… can you leave us for a minute, dear?” Cynthia nodded at her, skipping towards the stage. She grabbed my hands gently and began rubbing circles with her thumb. Maybe she recognizes me somehow,

“Do you know who I really am, Ms. Ang?”

“Yes, of course. Van Roxelle, you carry your father’s name, dear. How can I not? Your eyes are like your mothers… what happened anyway? Why are you here on the Loup Forest Pack's territory?”

“The exactly the reason why we are here... Bambi and I were advised by papa to flee here for our safety. The whole pack’s been eradicated by estranged powerful rogues. We don’t know how…” I sighed and swallowed the lump that had been stuck on my throat.

“It’s okay, sweetheart.” She reassured me "I don't deserve any explanation" she shook her head while fixing her glasses, “Your mother looks a lot like you, you know that?”

“Yes” I nodded “My father said I am lucky to inherit her green eyes” I chuckled, shaking my head... the thing that was mostly attractive of me was my eyes, as everyone said. I was lucky to be blessed my such kind color, even Bambi was jealous of me. Though I always told her that she has a very beautiful eyes.

She was the exact replica of my father while I look much like our mother. She even wondered why we are sisters when we look the exact opposite, her answer always comes with a chuckle though. I always told her that our parents were the complete opposites, that's why.

“Play for me? I am certain that your mother had taught you how to play the piano, isn’t it?” she led me carefully towards the stage. I placed my bag down on a chair and followed her,

“Oh… you should hear Bambi play; she’s closer to mom than I am”

I envied Bambi sometimes, she was really close with our mother and was the only person whom she shared her secrets the most. Our father was mostly overprotective over us because we are both girls, and when it comes to boys... he would kick each of them out, except our soulmates of course, he promised us that.

“Nonsense” she made me sit in front of the piano while Cynthia sat among the chairs cheering for me. A few of the students entered the room and I let my fingers travel through numerous keys. This was the strangest music that I've ever heard of my mother play, she was kind of... a music talent. She loves music and oftens write songs the most. She said that her dreams are her number one inspiration and that those often comes with a premonition. I never even understood her kind of talent, but I am certain that her and Bambi are the same.

Maybe that's the number one reason why she focused on her most, she wanted to excercise her talent. Bambi always wakes up on the middle of the night, crying about a nightmare. So, that maybe is the reason why my mother sleeps with her at night, oftenly.

I envied the fact that mother had given her more attention than mine.

Close your eyes,

Let the music take you away,

On the endless gushing winds,

Of the southern howls they play,

As their cries ring on your ears,

Open your mouth and let the voice escape,

For when crystal tears falls incessantly,

Your heart will beat with harmony,

The song of the southern wolves,

Its symphony will be in your soul,

And when it’s time to let you know,

Its secrets will be told,

And lies unfold,

The mystery behind the song of the southern wolves,

Is filled with anonymity and secrecy,

For when it’s time to let you know,

You should learn that its secrets are better let untold,

My fingers plucked the last keys and their claps rang in my ears. Gently fluttering my eyes open, I realized that there are already audiences watching me perform. A blush crept into my cheeks, how can I be so ignorant when it comes to music? I guess I really did go with the flow.

My eyes scanned the crowd and I spotted Cynthia jumping up and down while cheering my name, a smile curled into my lips and I mouthed a ‘thank you’ to her.

“Wonderful… wonderful!” Ms. Ang approached me while clapping her hands, she engulfed me into a tight embrace. “You sound like a real singer… but the taste of music comes from your father” she pinched my cheeks and helped me down the stage.

Cynthia came gushing next to me, “You should’ve seen yourself! You sounded like an angel” I blushed at her compliment,

“Why thank you” I smiled at her while fidgeting with my trembling fingers “You should hear my sister play, she won a championship on singing and playing a few instruments” I told her,

“Oh really? That’s great!” she chirped,

“Everyone… partner up! We’ll have a little duet session” Ms. Ang gushed, everybody cheered. “I want you to partner up with the opposite sex… now, chop, chop!” she clapped her hands twice and everybody scampered on their feet to find a partner.

Cynthia pouted “Awe! Why can’t I be partners with you?!” she whined, I chuckled at her childishness.

“Do you want to be partners, Cynthia?” a boy about her age asked, Cynthia squealed and hugged him. My mouth flew open as the boy gave me thumbs up and winked at me. They sauntered away and began discussing, having the boy snake an arm around her waist.

“Danni” someone called, my eyes snapped straight to a pair of silver eyes. A smirk was curled on his lips while his blond hair whipped over his face,

“I told you my name is Danila” I groaned in frustration,

“Anyways… want to be partners?” he stuck his hand out for me. On my peripheral vision, I could see Cynthia jumping up and down with excitement.

“Do I even have a choice?” I reached out and grabbed his hands, feeling eyes on the two of us while we settled on a vacant space to start.

***

Huh? Was our partnership even successful? Yes, indeed. All the songs that we suggested are the same. So in the end, we started singing ‘When I Look at You’ by Miley Cyrus.

By the time of our presentation, I sat down in front of the piano while he set up in front of the guitar. We glanced at each other and he started plucking the strings while my fingers started playing the keyboards.

Our voices mingled with each other on a sense of symphony, both voices are perfect with the same tone. Neither one nor the other overpowering each other, just perfect like made for each other. By the time he plucked the last strings, and my fingers landed on the last key, claps rang on our ears.

“You were a beautiful couple indeed, don’t you agree?” Ms. Ang came walking next to us while we placed and left the instrument back in place.

“Not really” I muttered. Xenon came walking past me while brushing his shoulder against mine, gently. The contact only made Goosebumps rise on my skin, sending shivers down my spine. I tried my best to hide my reaction from the contact with a simple smile.

Was this the certain effect that he has on me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 9K 32
Lea has always been strong willed with six older brothers a girl has to be. When she turns eighteen and doesn't shift into her bear her family sends...
14K 1.1K 10
YOU CAN GET THE COMPLETE BOOK ON HINOVEL. Betrayal Hurts.... but what if the betrayer is your mate? ••••••••• Shyl...
457K 19.9K 38
Daniella isn't normal. Growing up with her father as an ambassador, she's used to having to start over in new places. But when her father drops her...
306 20 18
Preston's pack prides itself on purity. Which means a human mate is unacceptable, especially for the newly-proclaimed alpha. One adrenaline-induced m...