No Turning Back - A Vampire D...

By StephDaTwilightFreak

Damon, Stefan and Elena thought that Katherine coming back was their only problem - they were wrong! When Cha... More

No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 1
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 2, 3 & 4
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 5, 6 & 7
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 8, 9 & 10
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 11 & 12
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 13 & 14
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 15
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 16
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 17
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 18
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 19
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 20
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 22
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 23
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 24
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 25
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 26
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 27
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 28
Sequel

No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 21

5.1K 40 17
By StephDaTwilightFreak

Last Chapter Charlie told the others that Klaus was possessing Alaric, what will happen next? This chapter is my take on the sixties dance episode.

Hope you like where the story is going :D

Chapter 21

"So, are you looking forward to this dance?" Charlie asked sarcastically as Damon walked back into his bedroom.

He rolled his eyes. "No one ever looks forward to any kind of Mystic Fall's event, Charlie; something bad always seems to happen. But Klaus being here in Alaric's body... that really is the icing on the cake of Mystic Falls' disasters."

Charlie half-laughed. "I think I should just come with you guys. Klaus knows I'm alive anyway."

"Why? Even if there wasn't an evil vampire out to get us all, why would you want to go to a sixties dance... the sixties were terrible," Damon scoffed.

"Well, First, I want to look out for Elena and Jeremy. Since I'm a vampire again and I technically can't die, I figured I might as well help. Second, I get to wear a really cute outfit." She snaked her arms around his neck. "Third, I get to be your date." Damon smirked slightly and she kissed him gently on the lips.

Damon wrapped his arms around her waist holding her to him. "Fine, but only 'cause I want to see you in a very sexy miniskirt," he smirked against her lips before kissing her eagerly.

Charlie kissed him back and took control by grabbing his hair and speedily pushing him against the wall. They kissed for several moments before Damon wanted control, he grabbed her waist and in a flash pulled them onto a nearby chair. Charlie straddled Damon as he kissed her again.

Suddenly, Damon pushed her off his lap, his blue eyes growing serious.

Charlie looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"I just have to say something… get it off my chest," he said, standing from the chair so they were face to face.

"What is it?" Charlie asked a slight smile on her lips. "I'm usually the one who goes all moral in the middle of a make out session."

Damon gave a small laugh. "I know, but you just need to know this," Damon mumbled to himself. He sounded almost nervous.

"Then tell me," she said gently.

Damon then took a step closer to her.

"I love you, Charlotte," Damon said softly. "And I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt you. I'm not perfect and I never will be. But I'm a work in progress and I know being with you is what I want. This past week I've almost lost you twice... you literally died... I don't know what I'd do if I lost you for real."

Charlie just stared at him; she'd never seen Damon this vulnerable.

Damon took her small hands in his. "And I know we have a lot of bad history and I will never be the Damon you want or deserve but I want to start again because I can't let you go."

Charlie was now smiling, her eyes full; Damon had never been this honest with her.

"I shouldn't be selfish with you… I don't deserve you, but I love you," Damon continued. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead, pulling away slowly, his eyes never leaving her face.

Charlotte suddenly leaned forward and kissed his lips. She pulled back and smiled. "Damon, I don't want you to change, you, the way you are now, you're still my Damon. And I love you."

Damon continued to stare at her, his blue eyes now filled with lust and a smirk plastered on his sexy lips. Charlie gently kissed him and as she pulled away he grabbed her, kissing her again. Their passion quickly grew and Damon began to kiss firmer and quicker. Damon wrapped his arms around her small frame, holding her even closer. He moaned slightly into the much heated kiss.

Charlie's legs wrapped around his waist and he led her to the bed. She lay on her back and he gently hovered above her, he trailed kisses across her chin.

Charlie pulled away slightly, breathing heavily, "We really shouldn't, Elena and Stefan will be home soon and we have to get ready for the dance..."

Damon kissed her again before mumbling against her lips. "Do you care?"

She didn't answer.

His hands began to roam her body as he kissed her hungrily. Charlie knotted her hands in his hair and he moaned in response against her lips.

Charlie reached the hem of his black t-shirt and pulled it over his head, breaking the kiss slightly. She didn't stop him as he took off her shirt.

Damon then kissed down her neck and shoulders, her back arching in response. This made Damon smirk. He moved his lips back up her neck, to her chin and kissed her lips again. He rolled on the bed so she was now straddling him, their lips barely parting once.

Suddenly, they both heard the front door open and seconds later, two sets of footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Damon? Charlie?" Elena shouted.

Charlie immediately pulled away and she knew Damon was annoyed. Still on top of him, he began kissing her neck. She pushed him back and gave him a warning look. He groaned and mumbled a complaint under his breath.

"Damon?" Stefan asked.

Still straddling him, she got off his lap and sat on the edge of the bed. She pulled her shirt back on and headed over to the door.

"In Damon's room," she shouted, as she opened the door.

"Any news?" Stefan asked as he approached Damon's room.

"Well, Kalaric paid us surprise visit and he's aware we know about him. Would you call that news, brother?" Damon said mockingly, walking up behind Charlie. He was still shirtless. He gently placed his hand against Charlie's lower back.

Stefan smiled half-heartedly. "What did he want?"

"Just to warn us not to try anything funny at the dance tonight," Damon scoffed. "It's as if he doesn't know me."

Elena had now joined them as they all stood around Damon's doorway. "What about Charlie, does he know she's alive and here?" she asked.

"Of course he does, Elena. He's a 1000 year old vampire. He knows there are ways and means for a corpse to come back to life. And it's obvious she would be here..." Damon said.

Elena just nodded.

"But strangely he said he doesn't want her anymore. Said she's no threat to him now," Damon added. "So, Charlie is coming to the dance with us tonight. We could use all the help we can get."

"Okay, well, guys, we'll just have to take tonight as it comes," Stefan said. "I'm gonna have a shower and get dressed," he said and he headed down the corridor to his room.

"Yeah, I'm gonna find something to wear, will you come and help me, Charlie?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, sure, I just need to talk to Damon. I'll be there in a sec."

"Okay, I'll be in Stefan's room."

Elena left too and Charlie closed Damon's door behind her, leaving her and Damon alone again.

"I don't believe Klaus," Charlie whispered suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Damon said instantly turning towards her.

She put her finger to her mouth. "Shush, I don't want Stefan to hear."

"Hear what?" Damon asked confused.

"Look, my human blood could have stopped Klaus breaking his curse, so he killed me. And although I'm not a danger to him anymore as a vampire, I think he may be playing us... well me. Making me live in fear."

Damon rubbed her arms soothingly. "He can't harm you, Charlie."

"He can torture me, Damon. I'm not immune to pain. With Klaus, it's the principal of it. Katherine turned so he couldn't sacrifice her. And even though she was no use to him anymore, he killed her family and she ran from him for 500 years. He still wants her dead; he's torturing her right now. What if he wants me dead too just because I got away? What if he harms you?"

"No he won't, I'll always look after you." Damon squeezed her hand. "Maybe we should tell Elena and Stefan about your whole human thing. I think they have a right to know. I mean, Stefan doesn't even know about your part in the curse. He could look out for you too."

"No, it's over; I'm not human so why worry them about nothing."

Damon held his hands up in surrender. "Okay, your choice."

"Thank you," she said and gently kissed him on the lips. "I'm gonna help Elena." And she left his room.

She headed to Stefan's room and saw Elena sitting on his bed looking through some boxes.

"Find anything suitable from the Salvatore's vintage collection?" Charlie asked with a smile as she sat beside her.

"A few things, the Salvatore's were such Packrats," Elena laughed.

"I know," Charlie said half-heartedly.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked, noticing Charlie's sudden mood swing.

"It's nothing," Charlie said looking away from her.

"Come on, you can tell me, Charlie."

Charlie sighed. "It's just, Damon and Stefan are lucky to have a permanent home even if they haven't always been here, they can always come back... they have so much family history here..." Charlie said her eyes filling with tears.

"This is your home too now, Charlie," Elena said gently.

Charlie shook her head. "The night I was turned, I didn't just loose my humanity; I lost my family, my home... Katherine destroyed my life in every possible way... burning everything to the ground... the whole Dubois family wiped out in an instant, like we never even existed."

"I'm sorry," Elena said and she gently touched Charlie's hand.

"I've lived in so many different places over the years because I was scared if I stayed in once place too long Katherine would find me... and each time I moved I had to leave everything behind."

Elena sighed and squeezed Charlie's hand. "I really am sorry," she said lightly.

Charlie pulled her hand away. "Thank you but it doesn't matter anymore. I can't change the past." She turned to the boxes. "So, what are you wearing tonight then," Charlie said lightening the mood.

Elena smiled and took two outfits out showing them to Charlie. "Okay, so what do you think? Twiggy or sexy hippy?" she laughed.

Stefan then walked into the room wearing only a towel and his hair still wet. "I'm thinking sexy hippy," he smirked. He walked over to Elena and gently kissed her.

"And I'm thinking that's my cue to leave," Charlie said sarcastically, standing up from the bed.

Stefan and Elena both laughed as Charlie headed out the room.

Charlie walked into her own room and began to get dressed. She started by curling her red hair into loose ringlets and backcombing the top to give her hair some volume. She then pinned the curls up in several places for a messy updo.

She sat down at the mirrored dresser and applied her makeup. Adding some light eye shadow and black eyeliner to her lids. She curled her eyelashes and added mascara, and finished with a deep red lipstick on her full lips. Then painted her fingernails bright red.

She changed into a white, halter neck dress, with a soft long flowing skirt. This was a dress she had managed to hold onto for the last 50 years. She sat on her bed and put on white stilettos to complete her look.

She stood up and headed over to the full length mirror, she admired her dress and her makeup. She turned slightly from side to side, checking how she looked from all angles. Her white skirt flowed beautifully, starting from her waist down and enhancing her tiny waist. She smiled, enjoying her image.

The door creaked open and a dark figure walked into the room, smirking at her through the mirror. Behind her a pair of blue eyes looked her up and down.

She in turn took in Damon's appearance he was wearing black leather trousers and a black shirt.

"Very hot, Mr Salvatore," she giggled, turning to face him. "Leather pants I approve."

"I'm sad I missed you in this decade you look hot too," Damon smirked. "Although, didn't Marilyn Monroe die in 1962? So, technically your outfit is more 1950s than 1960s."

Charlie turned back to the mirror putting blusher on her cheeks. "Well, I've technically died twice this week so I figured it was fitting, plus I've always wanted an excuse to wear this dress again."

Damon was suddenly behind her, and pulled her close by her waist. Charlie leaned back against him and closed her eyes taking in the feeling for several moments.

She opened her eyes again. "So, are you saying you would have preferred me in a short hippy dress?" she laughed, pulling out of his arms.

She turned so they were face to face, his shoes now touching the tips of her own. She looked up at him, realizing with her heels on he wasn't much taller than her.

He smirked. "As much as I would've have loved to see you like that, you're perfect like this." His blue eyes stared down into hers. "You really do look beautiful, Charlotte," he complimented, his smirk vanishing and a gentle smile taking its place.

"Thank you," Charlie said softly.

He took a stray strand of her hair putting it behind her ear. "You've always been perfect to me."

Charlie smiled, biting her lip. She turned away from him and headed back over to her dresser. She picked up her jewellery box and put on small silver earrings and a silver bracelet. She then sprayed on some perfume.

Suddenly Damon spoke. "You said Klaus is torturing her... do you think he'll actually kill her... Katherine?" Damon asked quietly.

Charlie turned to face him. She took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "He will but I think he's planning on torturing her for the next 200 years or so. Death is too easy, it's a way out. He wants her to suffer, to feel pain." She sighed. "But as much as I hate her, I still think we should help her."

Damon barely nodded.

"Well, we've got a dance to get to, let's go, Mr Salvatore," Charlie said trying to force a smile.

Damon held out his arm for her and Charlie took it. "Let's go, Miss Dubois."

They headed downstairs.

"We're heading to the dance, Stefan, meet you there," Damon shouted as he grabbed his car keys. And they left the house.

Damon and Charlie got out his car and saw Jeremy and Bonnie embracing in the parking lot.

Damon took Charlie's hand and they headed towards them.

Jeremy and Bonnie pulled apart when they saw Damon and Charlie approaching.

"Damon, Charlie," Bonnie said anxiously.

"Hey," Charlie said lightly.

"Evening," Damon replied. And he gave Bonnie a small nod. However, the nod seemed more like some sort of secret code.

Bonnie looked back at Damon nervously.

Once inside the school Charlie grabbed Damon's arm and pulled him to an empty classroom.

"What was that look you gave Bonnie?" she demanded.

"What look?" he said playing dumb.

Charlie groaned. "Don't do that, Damon, I know what I saw. Tell me what you're up to."

"I would, but you won't be happy. Plus, you'll probably go blabbing to a certain person named Elena," he scoffed. "I can't have that." His voice was patronising like he was talking to a small child.

"Don't, Damon. Do not undermine me. What are you making Bonnie do?"

"Fine. Bonnie is going to use a spell to fake her death in front of Klaus. If he thinks she's dead, it'll be easier to kill him when he's back in his own body; he won't be expecting it."

"Okay and why can't we tell Elena this?"

"Klaus has to believe Bonnie is really dead and Elena's pain and grief will ensure that."

Charlie sighed deeply. "I know you're right, I just feel awful on Elena. She's really going to think her best friend is dead."

"Sometimes, you have to be cruel to be kind, Charlie. Stefan can't know either, he won't have the balls to keep this from her," Damon said.

Charlie nodded. "Okay, I get it," she said abruptly. "Let's just get to this dance."

Damon took her hand again and they headed to the party.

The gym was filled with different coloured balloons touching the ceiling; some had fallen to the ground which students were now kicking around the room. Streamers covered the walls and disco balls hung from the ceiling.

They crossed the room and spotted Elena, Stefan, Jeremy and Bonnie. Bonnie and Elena were wearing short brightly coloured dresses, Stefan a black suit and Jeremy a floral shirt and black waist coat.

"Hey, you two," Elena smiled. "Oh, wow, you look amazing, Charlie." She pulled Charlie into a small hug.

"Thanks, you too," Charlie replied. She hugged Elena back a few seconds before pulling out the embrace.

"You guys ready for tonight?" Stefan asked.

"Yep, as much as I'll ever be," Elena said lifelessly. "I just hate not knowing what Klaus is up to." Stefan rubbed her arm soothingly.

"Yeah, a lot of innocent people could get hurt tonight," Jeremy added.

"Not if we're smart they won't," Damon said with a cocky smile. "Including Caroline and Charlie we have four vampires and a witch on our side, nothing is going to happen."

Charlie felt a pang of guilt in her stomach. None of them had any idea what Damon and Bonnie were up to.

"Have any of you seen Klaus/Alaric yet?" Charlie asked.

Before any of them could answer, a girl named Dana spoke through the microphone making them all turn to face the stage.

"Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight.

This song is for Elena Gilbert. From Klaus. He also wanted to say hello to his niece Charlie Dubois."

A song started to play and Elena stood there in shock. Stefan looked worried, he held her tightly to his side.

"Well, that was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us," Damon said unimpressed.

"I bet he doesn't even turn up tonight, it's not like he can do much in Alaric's body anyway," Charlie added.

"Yeah, Charlie's right. It's a party, people. Blend. Let's not spend the night worrying whether he's gonna turn up or not, or if he does what's he's gonna do," Damon said and he grabbed Charlie's hand. "To the dance floor, Miss Dubois," he smirked.

Bonnie nodded. "Good idea." She took Jeremy's arm. "Let's dance."

"No, no, I really don't feel like dancing," Jeremy said, pulling away from Bonnie.

"Too bad," Bonnie grinned and she dragged him to the dance floor.

Stefan then held out his hand for Elena, she made a face but eventually took it. They followed the others to the dance floor.

Damon stood in front of Charlie with a smirk on his face. "May I please have this dance, Miss Charlotte?" Damon asked, holding his hand out to her just like he would have 150 years ago.

Charlie giggled rolling her eyes slightly. "Sure."

As they all began to dance Caroline and Matt walked in. Caroline was dressed as Jackie O in a pink suit and hat.

"Caroline's here," Elena said. "She doesn't know what's going on. She doesn't know about Alaric. We have to tell her."

"I'm on it," Stefan said and before he'd even finished his sentence he was heading towards Caroline.

Elena was left with Damon and Charlie. She laughed as she watched Damon and Charlie dance.

He grabbed Charlie's hand and began to twirl her around. He pulled her close to him and then spun her back out again. Charlie giggled despite the situation; it felt good to dance with Damon like this.

Damon and Charlie began to sway from side to side with the rhythm of the music. Charlie looked over at Elena and sighed. "Come dance with us."

Elena gave a small smile and began to sway to the music beside them.

"So, how you doing?" Damon asked Elena with a sarcastic grin.

"Um, freaking out a little bit. You?" she answered distracted as she looked around the room.

"Cool as a cucumber."

Elena looked at him unconvinced.

"Come on, Elena, remember the last decade dance? The vampires were all, 'ahh!' And you were all, 'aahh!'"

Both Charlie and Elena laughed at Damon as he did silly actions with his hands and face.

"Right. And we won," Elena smiled.

"Yes, we did," Damon said with his usual grin.

Stefan rejoined Elena. He smiled affectionately at her as he took her hands in his.

Damon nodded at Stefan then grabbed Charlie's wrist pulling her to one side. "I need to talk to Bonnie," he whispered and he dragged her towards Bonnie and Jeremy.

"May I?" Damon smirked as he put his hand out for Bonnie's.

Jeremy looked at Damon unimpressed but didn't bother to argue. He let go of Bonnie's arm and walked away.

"I'll go after him," Charlie said and she followed Jeremy out into the hallway.

"Jeremy, wait. Where are you going? We all need to stick together," Charlie shouted after him.

"I'm fine, Charlie, I've got my ring. Just go back to Damon," he said abruptly.

Charlie looked at him with concern on her face. She knew he wasn't okay. "You're not fine, Jeremy."

"I said go away, Charlie."

"No," she said firmly. "What is it, Jeremy? We used to be good friends. You know you can tell me..."

"Yeah, we did used to be good friends until you shut me out. Until everything in your world became about nothing but Damon," he shouted. He looked away from her.

Charlie bit down on her lip. "That's not fair. I've never stopped being your friend, Jeremy. It's just things got complicated... I'm sorry, okay, but we've got bigger things to worry about right now..." He continued to look away. "Jeremy, please look at me," she said frustrated.

He still ignored her. "Jer, please. Don't do this right now." He finally looked at her but his face remained emotionless.

"I'm so sorry, Jeremy." Charlie put her hand on his shoulder but he shrugged her away.

"You have to know that I'm here for you. Right now Damon doesn't matter; I'm here with you, please talk to me. I don't want to lose you," she begged and her eyes filled with tears ready to spill over at any moment.

She really did mean it, she'd enjoyed the time she'd spent with Jeremy and she couldn't stand the thought of him hating her.

Jeremy sighed. "I don't want to lose you either, I'm sorry, Charlie, I didn't want to upset you." He wiped a fallen tear from her cheek. "I'm just so mad and confused."

He leaned back against the wall and covered his face with his hands. "I know you love Damon and not me. I know I'm with Bonnie now and I do have feelings for her... But, Charlie, from the day I met you... you're all I've thought about," he said more to himself than to Charlie.

Charlie remained quiet unsure of what to say.

"Charlie, you're kind, you're smart, you're beautiful, and you're not making it any easier for me dressed the way you are right now," he said signalling to her Marilyn Monroe outfit. A weak smile broke his hard face.

Charlie shook her head. "I can't do this now, Jeremy. I just can't," she whispered. And she left him alone heading down the hallway.

As she walked away she felt someone grab her arm. She turned expecting to find Jeremy but instead was surprised to find Caroline. She'd never even spoken to the girl before.

"Caroline, is it?" Charlie asked, unsure of what else to say.

"Yes. Um, Charlie, Stefan told me Klaus is possessing Alaric's body... but no one's told me what's going on, I, I just feel useless, I want to help," Caroline said. Charlie could tell Caroline felt as awkward as she did; this was the first time they'd approached one another.

"Just go back to the dance, look after Matt and keep a look out for Alaric/Klaus." Charlie turned and began down the hallway again.

"Charlie, wait..."

Charlie ignored her and continued to walk away, she didn't have time to deal with Caroline, nor did she want to.

She didn't feel like going back into the crowded dance. She headed outside for some fresh air. She leaned back against the wall and took a deep breath letting it out slowly.

Suddenly, she heard Bonnie and Elena arguing. She instantly headed over to them. "What's going on guys?"

"Bonnie, is willing to die to save my life. I won't allow it," Elena said almost in tears.

"Elena, Bonnie is not going to die, okay; we can't take down Klaus while he's in Alaric's body. Anyway, Bonnie dying is not an option." As much as it killed Charlie to lie to Elena about Damon's plans, she knew she had to.

"Yes, but what about when Klaus has his own body back... I just can't let her..." Elena sobbed.

"What?" Charlie demanded. She turned to Bonnie. "Wait a second; if it really came down to it would you die to kill Klaus... You can't, Bonnie."

"I have the power to save her. If I don't use it and something happens... that would kill me more."

"No one is dying for Klaus, okay," Charlie said in a firm voice. She sighed deeply. "I need to talk to Damon." She turned on her heel and headed back inside.

The instant she entered the gym Damon grabbed her wrist. "I've been looking for you everywhere. Where is everyone?" He demanded.

"Outside," she said flatly. She pulled her wrist from his grasp. "Did you know Bonnie's really willing to die for Elena if it comes down to that?"

"Yep, and Jeremy told Stefan, who then stupidly told Elena. I'm just glad they don't know about tonight's plan too," he smirked.

Charlie shook her head. "It really isn't funny, Damon."

"Okay, I'm sorry, but..."

Charlie held up her hand stopping him midsentence. "Shush, did you hear that?" she whispered.

"Yeah, shouting and fighting in the hallway. It didn't sound good."

"Let's go check it out."

They ran into the hallway and saw three guys punching and kicking Jeremy on the floor.

"Get off him" Charlie shouted as they ran towards Jeremy.

"Hey, idiots," Damon yelled.

One of the guys turned to face them; before Damon could react a stake threw out from a crossbow and hit him in the shoulder.

"Let me guess... Klaus says 'hi'," Damon said through clenched teeth. He pulled the stake from his shoulder.

Charlie scanned each guy, they all had weapons. Klaus had definitely compelled them.

Another guy turned to Charlie. "Hey, girly, think you can take us. Wouldn't want to get your pretty white dress dirty," he said mockingly.

Charlie smiled cockily. "Bring it on, tough guy."

Charlie rushed over to him and in a flash she'd grabbed his weapon from his hand and punched him so hard in the face he fell unconscious to the floor. She grabbed the second guy from behind and shoved him against the lockers, his head hit the mental hard and he too fell to the ground.

Charlie then turned to Damon to find him with the last guy in a headlock, a stake pointing towards his heart.

"No, no, no, no, don't kill him. He's compelled," she yelled.

"So?" Damon said clearly not caring.

"So, the whole thing's a distraction, Damon. Go find Bonnie and Elena. I've got this. Now go," she demanded.

Damon reluctantly nodded then threw the guy against the lockers, instantly knocking him out. In less than a second Damon had disappeared down the hallway.

Charlie ran to Jeremy's side and dropped down onto her knees beside him.

He looked up at her and groaned in pain. He slowly sat up and leaned back against the lockers. Charlie sat beside him.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked worried.

"I'm fine," Jeremy said abruptly. He spat blood out of his mouth. Charlie had to look away.

"Sorry," he said realising Charlie was uncomfortable. "You don't have to stay if the blood bothers you."

"No, I'm fine," she said shaking her head. "I'm just glad you're okay."

Charlie leaned forward and examined his face. His left eye was bruised and his lip cut.

He shrugged away from her. "Just leave it, Charlie," he said harshly.

Charlie didn't flinch at his words. "I'm sorry, this happened to you," she said softly.

"Don't be." He stood up and stormed down the corridor.

Suddenly, Charlie felt a slight breeze and Damon appeared in front of her. He looked anxious.

"What's wrong?" Charlie asked getting up from the floor.

"Klaus has kidnapped Elena, Bonnie has gone after her. We need to get Elena out of the way so Bonnie can carry out the plan. Come now," he ordered.

They both ran so fast they became a blur, disappearing down the corridor and into the deserted part of the school.

Charlie and Damon ran round a corner and came face to face with two girls running out from the cafeteria.

It was Bonnie and Elena. Bonnie closed the cafeteria doors behind them with her powers.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Charlie said relieved.

"Where's Klaus?" Damon demanded.

"We need to get out of here, he's not far behind us," Bonnie said frantically.

Damon turned to Elena, his face harsh, he wasn't playing. "Leave. Now," he shouted.

Elena didn't argue. She nodded timidly and ran towards the exit.

"How strong is he in Alaric's body? Can you hurt him?" Damon asked.

"He's got some kind of protection spell on him; he's stronger than a human."

Damon wasn't impressed. "You have the power of a 100 witches. Break it."

"I'm trying! I'm trying, okay," Bonnie said close to tears. "But if I kill Alaric, he'll just possess someone else. He threatened to use Jeremy next. He knows I have my power, Damon. He's trying to kill me."

"That's perfect, Bonnie. Go along with it and use the spell." Damon said glaring at her.

She shook her head. "I can't do that to Elena."

"You have to," Damon said his blue eyes blazing with anger.

Charlie grabbed Bonnie's hand gently. "I don't like the idea of lying to Elena either. But this is for the best, Bonnie. Klaus has to believe you're really dead."

Bonnie nodded. "Okay." She took a deep breath letting it out slowly and headed back to the cafeteria, flinging the doors open with her magic.

Suddenly, Elena and Stefan came running into the hallway.

"What are you doing here? I told you to leave," Damon said glaring at Elena.

Elena ignored him turning to Charlie. "Where's Bonnie?" she demanded.

"She's doing what she has to do," Damon said answering for Charlie.

"What?"

"Where is she?" Stefan insisted, stepping in front of Elena.

"Stefan, we have to let her do this," Damon said casually as if it meant nothing to him.

"Damn it, Damon, where is she?" Stefan said raising his voice. He was losing patience.

They all ran up to the Cafeteria doors. Bonnie was still fighting Klaus with her powers. Klaus in Alaric's body was lying on the floor screaming in pain as Bonnie bent his arm back.

Broken lights were flickering erratically, glass smashed across the room, debris scattered everywhere. Bonnie's nose was bleeding heavily... she didn't look good. "Bonnie, no!" Elena almost sobbed. She tried to run forward but Charlie pulled her back.

"I'm sorry," Charlie whispered.

Elena tried to fight Charlie off but it was useless, she was too strong.

Bonnie closed the doors with her magic, shutting them all out. Elena screamed but Charlie continued to hold her.

Stefan ran into the doors but it was no use, the spell was strong, he couldn't open them.

Bonnie turned to look at Elena through the glass of the door. A weak smile on her face... then suddenly she fell to the floor...

The doors instantly opened and Elena and Stefan rushed over to Bonnie unaware that she wasn't really dead. Charlie and Damon followed slowly behind them.

Charlie quickly scanned the room... Klaus was gone.

"No! Bonnie! Bonnie," Elena sobbed. She took Bonnie in her arms. Charlie felt guilty as she watched Elena cry over Bonnie's lifeless body.

"Stefan, she's not breathing!" Elena cried. "Stefan! Stefan, I can't find her pulse! Stefan! Do something, please! Stefan, please! Just give her blood, do something, please!" Elena begged.

Charlie had to turn away; she couldn't stand watching Elena so hurt.

Stefan kneeled beside Elena. "It's too late... I'm sorry..."

Elena's sobs became louder. "No. No. Bonnie! Bonnie, please, no!"

"Stefan, get Elena out of here. We'll deal with this," Damon said lifelessly.

Charlie couldn't believe he was dragging her into his cruel plan.

Elena turned to face Damon. A look of disgust on her tear soaked face. "What do you mean, deal with this?"

"The sheriff can't know about this. Last thing we need is another mysterious death." His voice held no emotion.

"This is Bonnie!" Elena shouted.

Damon didn't answer and turned to Stefan. "Get her home. Now."

Stefan didn't argue this time. He grabbed Elena's arms and pulled her sobbing and screaming out of the cafeteria.

Damon and Charlie were now alone with Bonnie's body. Even though Charlie knew Bonnie wasn't really dead, she felt uneasy seeing her this way.

"What's the plan now?" Charlie said quietly, finding her voice for the first time.

Damon kneeled down in front of Bonnie and closed her eyes. "We get her somewhere safe before she wakes up, before Klaus comes back." He picked up her tiny body in his arms and stood up. "Text Jeremy, to meet us in the parking lot," he said as he carried Bonnie's body out the room.

Charlie took out her phone and did as he said, then followed him down the hallway.

Damon put Bonnie's body into the trunk of his car as Jeremy approached them.

"Hey, Charlie, Damon, I got your message, I can't find anyone. What's going on? What was so urgent? Where's Elena, where's Bonnie?" Jeremy said frantically, all his questions tumbling out at once.

"We need to have a little talk," Damon said bluntly.

Charlie glared at Damon. "What he means is we need a favour."

"What?" Jeremy asked anxiously.

"Bonnie cast a spell on herself to fake her death, Klaus needed to believe she's dead. It had to be done," Damon said coldly.

Jeremy looked at them shocked and confused.

Charlie gently touched his arm. "We need you to take her body to the old witches' house and wait with her until she wakes up. She'll explain the rest after that. Can you do that?"

Jeremy nodded, unable to speak at first. "Um, yeah. Of course... What about you guys, what are you going to do?" he stuttered, clearly still in shock.

"We're going to head back to the boarding house; we need to explain everything to Elena."

As soon as Damon opened the door Elena was shouting at him. "What did you do with her? Where is Bonnie?" she cried frantically. Tears falling down her face, black streaks of makeup covered her cheeks.

Damon ignored her turning to Stefan. "Will you please calm her down?"

"Don't talk like I'm not standing right in front of you," Elena yelled at Damon.

"Please calm down," Damon ordered. His hard expression didn't falter.

Elena shook her head, tears still falling heavily. "You knew! Didn't you? You knew if she harnessed all that power, that she would die?"

"Yes. Yes, I knew," Damon said with no emotion, as if he didn't care.

In anger, Elena slapped his face hard, Damon didn't react.

Elena then faced Charlie for the first time. "And you, you lied to me too; you knew exactly what Damon was doing. I thought you were my friend," Elena sobbed.

"I am your friend," Charlie said close to tears herself.

"No, a friend wouldn't have lied to me. A friend wouldn't have done that to me..."

"Elena, you need to listen to us. You don't understand..."

Damon stopped Charlie, continuing her sentence. "You need to listen to me, and prepare for what I'm about to say. Bonnie had to die. Klaus using Alaric's body totally changed the situation, we couldn't just kill him, so we had to do something to throw him off his guard. He wouldn't back down until he knew she was dead. He had to believe it."

Elena shook her head confused.

"She cast a spell. She's alive, Elena. Bonnie's okay," Charlie said gently.

Elena stood in shock as she took in the news, the remains of her tears still wet on her face.

Stefan looked annoyed.

Damon gave Elena a small nod before heading to the stairs.

"I'm sorry I had to lie to you, Elena, I hated doing it," Charlie said softly. She gently touched Elena's arm before following Damon out of the room.

Suddenly, Stefan appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "You know, you could have told me," he said irritated, crossing his arms over his chest.

Damon and Charlie stopped at the top of the stairs and turned to face him. "How could I, when you'd go blabbing to your girlfriend?" Damon said mockingly.

"And, Charlotte, Elena sees you as a good friend and you betrayed her. I can't believe you sided with Damon."

"I'm sorry, Stefan, I hated doing it, but it was for the best. We tricked Klaus, Bonnie is now our secret weapon," Charlie said softly, trying to make him understand.

"But don't you see what you put her through?" Stefan said raising his voice.

Damon rolled his eyes. "See, that's why we didn't tell you. 'Cause you'd never be able to do it. Don't get me wrong, Stefan, I don't mind being the bad guy. I'll make all the life and death decisions while you're busy worrying about collateral damage. I'll even let Elena hate me for it. But at the end of the day, I'll be the one to keep her alive. And Charlotte, she didn't want to hurt Elena but she's strong, she saw the logic in the plan," Damon scoffed and he continued up the stairs with Charlie behind him.

Once in Damon's bedroom, Charlotte could finally examine the damage to her outfit. Her white dress was ruined, covered in Jeremy's blood and dirt from sitting on the floor, the toes of her white heels were scuffed and her hair had fallen out.

Without talking to Damon she headed straight to the shower, she just needed some time alone.

Almost half an hour later, she got out feeling a little better. The warm water had seemed to relax her. She walked back into Damon's room still in her towel.

He was sitting on the bed with a drink in his hand. He had now changed into a dark gray t-shirt and black jeans. He smirked when he saw her.

She laughed lightly and headed to the mirror. Hiding behind the towel she put on her underwear, a pair of pyjama shorts and one of Damon's black t-shirts.

"As soon as Klaus is dead I need a vacation. We need to get out of here," she joked with him as she towel tried her hair.

"Maybe we can someday?" She felt him walk up behind her.

"Maybe... even a day would do, just one day away from this town," she mused as she brushed her damp red curls.

"Not quite," Damon disagreed.

Charlie turned to face him and gave him a confused look.

"If we leave town we'll be going for more than just a day," he smirked.

"And how long are you planning?" Charlie laughed.

Damon shrugged. "A weekend, a month, a year, an eternity? Who knows?" he said with a smile. "I'll let you decide."

"You're growing soft on me, Damon," she teased. She stepped closer to him, their chests pressing together. "What happened to the selfish vampire jerk I met two weeks ago?"

"He's still here."

"Maybe so, but there's also someone else in you."

"Who would that be?" Damon asked as he leaned down closer to her.

Charlie smiled softly. "There's love in you... You try to deny it, but I see right through your cold heartless act. Human Damon, he never left you, you just had to be willing to find him."

Damon smiled down at her as he pressed his lips gently to hers. He pulled back and walked over to the table. He poured another drink before sitting back on the bed.

Charlie sat on the bed beside him. Damon smirked and eyed her for a few moments.

"Give me a drink would you?" Charlie said holding out her hand for his glass.

Damon tilted his head towards her as he took a gulp of blood, "You do realise this isn't just whisky, there is blood in here... people blood."

"Another secret of mine, I break my diet every once in a while, I'm not as perfect as I want everyone to believe," she said with a mischievous smile. And she grabbed the glass from his hand.

Damon's smirk widened he was clearly impressed.

"And after tonight's events I think I deserve it," she said sarcastically and she finished the glass in one gulp.

"Impressed?" she asked with a smirk.

"Very," he grinned, his blue eyes staring at her playfully.

Damon suddenly pulled her to him and kissed her. Charlie wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. The kiss was hungry and full of much needed passion.

His arms made their way around her small waist pulling her even closer. She smirked slightly as she felt his tongue lightly tracing her bottom lip. She didn't open her mouth and he grew impatient, letting out a low growl. Charlie laughed at this and finally granted him access.

His tongue explored every inch of her mouth, and soon they battled for control. Slowly she moved one of her hands playing with his silky hair while the other slid slowly down his muscular chest, his hands slid under her shirt, caressing her soft skin.

Suddenly, a knock on the bedroom door made them pull apart.

"Guys, can I talk to you?" Elena asked.

Charlie got off the bed and opened the door. Elena awkwardly walked into the room. She was now dressed in a gray tank top and navy sweatpants.

Damon was now on his feet beside them.

"Ugh, Elena, look, Klaus had to think she was dead. Your reaction had to be real," Damon said annoyed.

"I understand why you did what you did. Klaus was fooled, and Bonnie's alive," Elena said with a small smile.

"Here's to duplicity," Damon smirked.

Charlie slapped his arm and gave him a warning look. "I'm just glad you're okay, Elena."

Elena crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Damon. "But let's get one thing straight, Damon, Bonnie will not die for me, I will not let that happen." She turned to Charlie. "Promise me that will not happen."

Charlie didn't answer.

"We need to kill Klaus, Elena. Real Klaus. Who will probably be coming to pay you a visit soon now he thinks Bonnie is dead. She's the only one who can do it. And Charlie's silence means she knows it too."

"We'll find another way," Elena said confidently.

"I hope so," Charlie smiled lightly.

Elena sighed. "Look, I shouldn't have hit you, Damon, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry I said your weren't my friend, Charlie, you are, I know you wouldn't hurt me if you didn't have to."

"Your friendship means a lot to me, Elena," Charlie said softly.

Damon half-smiled. "Apology accepted. But let me be clear about something. Bonnie has the power to kill Klaus, he's a threat to both you and Charlotte and if comes down to it, I will gladly let Bonnie die. I will always choose you two."

Elena didn't say anything for a moment, nor did Charlie.

Elena was the first to speak. "Good night, Damon," Elena whispered and she headed to the door.

Damon nodded.

She stopped at the door and turned back to face them. "Charlie, can I talk to you a second?"

"Um, sure." She gave Damon a small kiss and followed Elena out of the room.

"What is it?"

Elena ignored her and continued down the hallway, down the stairs and towards the basement. Charlie followed her. Elena opened the heavy basement door and stepped inside.

"Elena? What are you doing?" Charlie said annoyed as she followed her down to the cellar.

Elena once again ignored her and opened the cellar door.

"What the hell?" Charlie demanded as she looked down at a man's lifeless body... he must have been Elijah... her father... Strangely, she was sure she had seen him before... how was that possible? How did she recognise him? She'd never met him before...

Elena held her finger to her lips. "I don't what Stefan and Damon to hear us," she whispered. "I have a plan, I know you want to speak to Elijah, you want answers, well so do I. I believe he can help us."

Charlie nodded. She knew this was a stupid idea, but a part of her did want to speak with him.

Elena kneeled down beside Elijah and pulled the dagger out of his chest.

"Damon and Stefan are going to kill us," Charlie whispered.

"Not if we're careful," Elena said sitting on the floor. "The guys don't own us; we can make our own decisions, Charlie."

Charlie sighed and sat beside her. "I hope you're right."

What will Charlie learn from Elijah… :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 101 18
Trying to forget the idea of Stefan turning back to human blood to repay Klaus for Damons' cure Elena is forced to realize something. Based from the...
310 10 13
It's Elena's one year anniversary of becoming a vampire. It's meant to be a great party and a great few weeks. But when there's a psychotic doppelgan...
268K 4.8K 28
Amelie was supposed to be dead. Her brothers are Damon and Stefan Salvatore. What happens when they find out she's not? Will they be a family again...
232K 5.5K 62
This couple seems unthinkable. But when Klaus falls in love with Elena and decides to get her, he won't let anything prevent him from that. And who k...