Change β˜… Steve Rogers [4] βœ“

By -fieldoflilies

{Set In Agents Of SHIELD, Daredevil and Avengers: Age Of Ultron} WARNING: PLEASE READ THE OTHER THREE BOOKS... More

Change
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine - AOU
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Our War

Ten

9.7K 203 136
By -fieldoflilies

A.N. I was suppose to do college work but because my old laptop is dead and I'm using my sisters laptop, I don't have word so I'm updating. I was going to update after the work anyway but obviously you're getting it earlier.

I'm excited to write this chapter as it's the party chapter, and boy do I have a plan for it.

---------------------------

Once upstairs, instantly went to check on Clint. I still had my suit on as I wanted to check Clint first, plus my new suit was comfy. Tony made some alterations to it, which included it being very easy to move around in.

"How's he doing?" I asked walking into the science room where Tony and Bruce were located. Helen was looking at Clint in the next room as Nat stood next to him. The big glass windows helped keep an eye on whoever would be recovering in that room.

"Unfortunately he's still Barton." Tony joked making me smile.

"Well that's terrible." I joked back.

"He's fine. Don't worry about him, boss." As well as Ma'am I hated being called Boss. And everyone knew that. I may BE the boss but I don't like being called it.

"I'm not." I answered back, ignoring him calling me boss. I shook my head at my best friend and walked past him to go see Clint. "How you fella?" I walked in and stood next to Nat as some weird machine was patching Clint up.

"Just peachy." Clint answered as Helen checked his vitals.

"Are you sure he's gunna be okay?" Nat asked watching the machine closely. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Natasha smirked at her joke which earned a smile from me.

"There's no possibility of deterioration." Helen started explaining. I had to actual listen as I was in charge of these idiots and I needed to make a record of all of their trips to the doctor. "The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra.

"She's creating tissue." I looked to the door and saw Bruce in his lab coat. How very nerdy.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in 20 minutes." Helen informed us. She is a very smart and bright scientist, I'm glad I got her to work with us.

"Oh he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony joked, walking in a tray of drinks for us.

"No no no. I'm gonna live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic and end up like boss over here." Clint laughed nodding his head towards me. Tony handed Clint a drink to keep him hydrated.

"Be careful. I know people that can actually make that happen." I warned crossing my arms against my chest.

"You'll be made of you, Mr Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." I frowned at Helen. Girlfriend? Does she mean me or Nat? I can't tell.

"I don't have a girlfriend." Clint informed Helen.

"That I can't fix." Helen bit back with a smile. "This is the nest thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust." Helen is on it today. Go girl!

"That is exactly the plan. And Helen I expect to you at the party on Saturday." Saturday? I thought it was Friday.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties. Will Thor be there?" Helen seemed shy in asking about the god. She has a crush on the almighty Thor. Too bad he's taken. By a nice woman I have you know.

"I thought it was Friday?" I asked my best friend as we all left Clint to heal.

"Changed it. Can get more people on Saturday, it's the weekend so..." Tony again seemed like he was hiding something. But what?

"Are you hiding something from me?" I asked stepping down some stairs.

"No. But I will need you and Cap there at the specific time of 7pm. I want everyone to be there at the same time. And no coming down before 4pm. Got it?" I frowned confused on why me and Steve would have a specific time to arrive. Seemed odd but I didn't question him.

"Okay. I'll go shopping tomorrow for a dress or something. It's just a party right, nothing formal?" I asked stopping just before the sceptre. Of course Tony and Bruce had it. They were looking at it in more detail this time.

"Formal? Have you met me, Miss Gomez. I don't do formal." Tony smirked, he was right. He was never one for formal parties.

"Okay. I'll see you later, I need to wash. Look after that thing." I pointed to the sceptre and turned to walk to the elevator.

"Will do!" Tony shouted after me. I waved to him before I left.

Over the next few days, Tony and Bruce were working on something they called, Ultron. Apparently he would work better than Jarvis and run everything for us. I didn't interfere I  am not a science type of girl. I leave that to the science bros. Clint eventually healed in time for Saturday. I was excited for this party as it's been a while since my last one and I haven't been to one with Steve yet. It'll be fun.

It just hit ten to 7pm and me and Steve were checking our outfits to see if they looked good enough. I had spent over an two  hour shopping for something to wear. I dragged Pepper along as she would tell me an honest opinion about something. That's why I need to bring her to find my wedding dress. She'll tell me up straight if I look horrible.

"Right, do I look okay?" I smoothed out my dress and turned to so Steve could get a look at me. I had a lovely light pink midi dress with nude block heels, a white bracelet with my hair in curls. And of course I kept my engagement ring on. I did have other rings to go with the dress though, just not on my left hand. I finished with a white watch on my left wrist, given to me by Steve for our anniversary.

"You look..." Steve seemed stuck for words. Was that bad? Did it look awful?

"Awful? Disgusting? Like my actual age which is 94?" Steve laughed and shook his head, stepping towards me and placing his hands on my waist.

"You look beautiful." I blushed and looked down at my shoes. No matter how long I will have been with this guy, him calling me beautiful will always make me blush. "What about me?" Steve stepped back and twirled around in his shirt and jeans.

"Beautiful." I mocked before leaning up and giving him a kiss. This man really is my world. I love him so much. "Now let's go before Tony has a go at us for being a minute late." Steve nodded understanding how weird Tony has been acting about this party. Steve opened the door for me and I lead us to where the party was being held.

But as we turned the corner, it was all dark, with no one in sight.

"Weird. Where is everybody?" Steve asked as we stopped to make sure we were in at the right time.

"No idea. Are we early?" I asked looking at my watch. Nope, we were right on time. So where was everybody? Suddenly all the lights came on and every jumped up and shouted 'Surprise!' at us. There was a banner above them that read Congratulations On Your Engagement Ashley and Steve. I put my hand over my mouth in shock. They did this for us? Tony did this for us? That's what he was hiding.

"Woo! I got you good!" Tony appeared in front of everyone and made his way to us. I couldn't stop smiling as  a lot of people had turned up for this.

"You are...." I wanted to finish my sentence but thought not to so just hugged Tony. "Thank you so much, Tony." I was almost crying as in all my years, no one had done something so nice for me, for me and Steve.

"You're welcome, Ash." I let go of Tony to walk up to everyone and say hi to them. I turned and saw Steve and Tony smiling as they shook hands. Good boys. I noticed Natasha and hugged her straight away. I looked around and noticed one person was missing.

"Where's Pepper?" I asked, letting go of Nat as Tony walked up to me with a drink to give me.

"She's at a meeting that she couldn't get out of. But I'm sure she'll call you later tonight. Alright, let's start this party!!" Tony cheered making everyone cheer with him.

The party was in full swing, with everyone from Sam, to Sarah, to Fred and George, to even some guys from back in the army being here. I went straight to Fred and George as I have missed them. I hugged them both and we chatted over the music that was playing. Tony had put together a playlist of all my favourite songs and told Jarvis to play them. Shining Star by Earth, Wind and Fire was playing at the moment.

I couldn't help but bop my head to the beat of the song. It's an oldie but goodie.

"So you got a date yet for the big day?" Fred asked. I shook my head, we have never been sure of the date. I guess we'll figure that out.

"Not yet. But we're looking at venues so hopefully we can get a date from them. How's Peggy?" I asked as the boys nodded to my story.

"She's fine." They both said at the same time. They need to stop doing that it's frigging creepy.

"Although she's starting to remember some things about dad." George said on his own, making me very interested. Daniel was someone she would forget sometimes but end up remembering a few days later. I remember Daniel. Daniel Sousa.

He was such a nice man. Humble. Respected me and Peggy as women in our industry. He worked with Peggy  when she worked for some company before she came to SHIELD. They reconnected after time away from each other and starting dating, they they married and had the two people I'm standing in front of right now. At least her and Howard got a family before they died.

"What things?" I asked placing my drink on a table so I could listen closely.

"Like him being engaged before he got with mum." Fred started and I nodded. I remember that too. She was a nice women he was engaged to, don't get me wrong. But Daniel always loved Peggy. He never stopped once he started.

"And bits of their wedding day. Was a shame you couldn't be there." George said making me nod. I wanted to be there so badly, but shit was happening with SHIELD and I needed to be there.

"Well at least she's remembering something." I slightly smiled as I picked my drink up again to finish off the last bit.

"Yeah. But she does keep muttering about a guy called James..." I froze at that point? Could it be?

"Or Bucky. As we know you know him as." George continued making my suspicions true. She was remembering Bucky.

"Yeah. They were close near the time he died. They were so close to being together. It was sad." I tried hard to keep the sadness I was feeling inside. I was at a party celebrating my future, I need to stop being sad about my past. Especially when Bucky is so close to being part of my future again instead of being in my past.

"Yeah we know. If there was one person she never forgot, it was him." George reassured me. She must have really cared for Bucky is she is even remembering him now. She even forgot about me a few times. I need to find Bucky before she goes. She would happily die with Bucky by her side, just knowing he's still alive. "Sorry, we made the conversation sad there."

"We? That was all you." Fred argued making me smile. Still the same these two.

"Right. I'm going for more drinks, you want some?" I asked them both trying to stear away from the Bucky talk. There was no sign of him anywhere, so talking about him was hard to do.

"Another Apple Martini please." Fred asked sweetly. Fred likes his weird drinks.

"Just a beer thanks." George smiled making me nod and walk towards the bar. Nat was behind the bar at this moment so this would probably be the best time to ask her about being my maid of honour.

"Hey Nat. Two beers and an apple Martini please." Nat was good at making drinks, so she was kinda the bartender for the night.

"Coming right up." She smiled at me before beginning the Martini. Better late then never.

"Hey, Nat. You know how we go way back and some would call you my best friend?" I asked leaning against the bar. Nat seemed confused but continued with the drink.

"Yeah. Why? What have you done?" She asked, narrowing her eyes, questioning me.

"Nothing. I promise. Obviously, I'm getting married and at weddings there's a bride and a groom, and they have bridesmaids and a best man and a maid of honour and all that stuff. Well I was wondering if you would be my maid of honour? That's the bride's equivalent of a best man." I bit my lip as I didn't know what her reaction would be. Nat seemed to freeze and looked at me with shock.

"Me? You want me?" She pointed to herself, surprised I would ask her.

"Yeah. Nat, we've been through so much together. I don't see anyone else standing next to me  when I marry the love of my life."  I smiled which made her smile. Smiles all round.

"But...what about Pepper? She's more organised than me." That was true. But I didn't want organised.

"I love Pepper, I do. But, she hasn't fought with me and been my best friend like you have. Even if you did try to kill me we we first met." That earned a laugh from Nat.

"We talked about that. And besides, I honestly didn't want to do it." Nat argued as she finished off the Martini.

"I know. So what do you say? Be my maid of honour?" I asked once again.

"This is the easiest answer I've ever had to give. Of course I'll be your maid of honour." I cheered making Nat come round to my side of the bar and hug me.

"I will make sure everything goes right and you have the best day of your life. You deserve it all. No more sadness for you. You will get your happy ending." I smiled and pulled her into another hug. Nat has been through so much with me. I need her there with me when I get married and have my so called happy ending.

"This calls for a special Natasha shot. I call it, The Black Widow." Nat jogged back to behind the bar and started getting her shots ready.  I wonder where she got that name from??? I was worried as Natasha's 'special drinks' have almost killed me before. They are so strong. She is Russian though.

"Here we go." She placed the shots glasses on the bar, and they were filled with red liquid. Oh god, I'm gunna regret this.

"Hey girls, how's it going?" Sam made his way over to us with not a happy face on. "I just lost to your future husband at pool so I'm getting the drinks in. Stupid old man." Sam muttered the last sentence under his breathe. I still heard it and laughed.

"Awesome. I just made a special shot, wanna try it?" Nat offered. I became worried for Sam. He will actually die from Nat's shots.

"You won't hear me saying no." Sam said, making Nat make another shot for Sam.

"Egészségedre." I  said picking up my shot glass. That's cheers in Hungarian.

"Budem zdorovi." Nat answered my cheers with saying it in Russian.

"Bottoms up." Sam just said in English before we chugged down the shot. And boy was it spicy. It had a little tingly feeling to it and then just at the end it gave a massive kick of flavour. I scrunched my face up as it was sour as shit. Sam had to turn away from us as  he coughed. Natasha though didn't flinch.

"Jesus Christ Nat." I had to quickly grab my beer to wash away that sour taste.

"That's amazing." Sam came back to us. "Please make more." Sam demanded. But I had had enough.

"You two enjoy your death shots, I'll gunna go give these drinks to the people who ordered them. Later." I grabbed the twins' drinks and brought them to them.  I needed a break after that shot.

"We thank you." They said in sync again. I shook my head at them and sipped my own drink.

"Oh my god." Fred froze for some reason, not taking his eye off something behind me. "That is not...."

"Beyonce." George finished for him.I turned round and saw Beyonce with Jay talking with Rhodey and Maria. Yeah, I know Queen B, what of it? We met after a awards ceremony. I was giving out an award and got to meet a lot of singers. B was one of them.

"Go talk to her." I suggested to them.

"Talk to her? Do you want us to die?" George desperately said, trying to shield himself so B wouldn't notice him with me.

"We cannot talk to the literal Queen. It would be full of awkwardness and...."

"Beyonce!! Jay!! Over here!" I shouted to the couple.The two noticed me, smiled and made their way to me.

"Why did you do that?!" Fred shouted/whispered to me.

"Stop being babies. Talk to her." I stopped and hugged Bey as she came over. I haven't seen her and Jay in a while. "It's so nice to see you." I told them.

"You too. Congratulations, honey." B smiled at me as the twins awkwardly waved at Jay.

"Thank you so much. I still don't believe he asked me." I said truly. I thought we were too busy for me and Steve to get married.

"Oh believe it, sweetie. You're finally getting your happy ending." Happy ending huh? Yeah, maybe I am getting my happy ending after all.

"Congratulations Ashley." Jay leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"And who are these two lovely boys?" Bey asked meaning Fred and George.

"Beyonce, Jay, this is Fred and George, my best friends sons and my godsons." I introduced them, prompting them to shake hands. Fred and George were still in awe of B. I am too to be honest. "Now I hope you don't mind but I need to speak to Mr Stark about something so, Fred and George please don't bore them." I smiled at the four and made my way to Tony. I actually did need to talk to Tony as well as needing a maid of honour, a bride needs someone to walk her down the aisle. It's normally her dad but my dad's been dead for years. I miss him so much. He would have been so proud of what I had achieved.

"Hey bestie." I smiled at Tony, as he was talking to Thor. "God." I nodded towards Thor.

"Agent Gomez. You look lovely." Thor smiled at me. Yeah, I can see why Helen would have a crush on him. He's cute.

"Thank you. You look good too." I told him back. "But I  would like to talk to Tony privately. I'm sorry, Thor."

"No worries. Your future husband and falcon friend look lonely. I'll go mix in." Thor smiled and took his drink to the boys talking upstairs. Steve saw me looking and waved at me. I waved back blowing him a kiss. He smiled letting me go back to Tony.

"So, what's so important you need to talk to me 'privately' for? You're not actually pregnant this time, are you? Oh no I got it, you're having second thoughts about this whole marriage thing and need your best friends advice? The devil says don't do it and the angel says do it. Hard to choose." Tony joked making me smile at little.

"No! You know my situation with babies and I'm definitely not having second thoughts. But it is about the wedding." I informed him.

"I'm all ears." Tony said sipping his drink.

"You know a bride has bridesmaids but she needs someone to walk her down the aisle."I started up. I was worried again as Tony might not want to be that part of the wedding. He's so far from my dad he's on pluto. "And it's normally her dad but mines been dead for 73 years, so as my best friend would you give me away?" I asked slowly. Tony stopped mid sip and looked at me.

"Me?" He pointed to himself.

"Yeah you. You're my best friend Tony. I can't see you not playing an important part of my wedding. Best man's kinda taken anyway. And I know my dad would have really liked you. So, how about it?" I was waiting for the worst. Him saying no and giving me a whole list of reasons why not.

Tony put his drink down and just hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Is that a yes?" I asked as we broke apart.

"Oh yes. He may be a tool sometime but he's your happiness." He meant Steve. "And I can't argue with that." I smiled at my best friend and hugged him once more. We are getting closer and closer to this wedding.

After a while of talking weddings with Tony, I was pulled away by Steve and was sat on the sofa, just me and him. Just sitting here quiet with him watching all our friends laugh and chat together makes me happy. I may not have a dad, or never met my mum, but I have the best family I could ask for. Maybe I am getting my happy ending. I've had so much heartbreak with Bucky, with Steve, with Peggy and with Howard. I need a happy ending.

"Nat said she'd be my maid of honour." I spoke up as me and Steve cuddled on the sofa.

"That's great." He smiled. I talked to him about Nat being my maid of honour and he agreed with me. She was my only choice.

"You still want Bucky as your best man?" Stupid question to ask.

"Of course I do. I'm sure you do too." I nodded agreeing with him. Bucky is such an important part of both our lives, he HAS to be there on out wedding day. He just has to be.

" I really love you, you know that right?" Steve looked at me, pulling me further into his chest so he could kiss my head.

"You better, otherwise this wedding would be a waste of time." Steve joked. I smiled, leaning up to peck his lips. "Just so you know, I love you too." I smiled even more, kissing him again but a little deeper than the last one. We pulled away and just looked at each other. My heart jumped seeing the way Steve looked at me. I've never seen someone so in love.

"My god get a room." Clint commented, strutting past with a beer in hand.

"I wish we could but, don't want to seem rude by leaving." I lightly tapped Steve's chest, understand what he meant by what he said. He can wait till later.

Clint filled his mouth with air, making it look like he was about to puke.

Steve chuckled making me hide my face in the crook of his neck. Whatever aftershave he was using, worked on me like a charm. I just had to kiss his neck, I couldn't help it.

"Okay, I'm gunna go to the mens room." Steve slowly moved off the coach. I held my hand out to him, not wanting him to leave.

"Oh no Steve. Stay, please. I'm sorry. We can just cuddle. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Steve smirked, leaning down to whisper into my ear.

"I'm only leaving cause one more kiss on the neck and I would have carried you back to our room." I had to take a breathe, trying to hold in what Steve was doing to me. God I hated this room being full now.

Steve kissed my forehead and stood up straight, fixing his belt before heading to the men's room. I had to lean back on the couch to take a second. He does things to me I wouldn't know where to start to explain.

I decided to just watch everyone, chatting and laughing along to whatever story or joke they were being told. I noticed Fred and George were laughing hysterically at a story Tony was telling them. Fred was even on the verge of crying with laughter. I had to smile seeing them get a long so well. Tony saw me and raised his glass to me. I smiled back at him.

Then my phone buzzed on the coffee table in front of me. I reached over to grab it and looked at the called ID. Pepper. I smiled answering the call.

"You better have a good reason why you're missing this party." I joked with her.

"Oh Ash I am so sorry I'm not there. Any other day and I would have been but-"

"Pepper." I cut in. "It's okay honestly. As long as you make it to the wedding I don't care about today. Tell you what, when you get back we can have a couple of drinks together and talk about the big day. Sound good?"

"Well yeah but you'd have to tell me a day. Just so I can clear the day of any work stuff. I'll be at your wedding no matter what, you know that." She said.

"I know."

"Anyway how is the party? Is Tony behaving himself?"

"He is indeed. He even agreed to give me away." I could hear Pepper gasp over the phone.

"Oh really? That's wonderful. Have you made any other decisions wedding wise or just Tony?"

"Natasha's my maid of honour. Sorry it's not you." I found myself apologising.

"No that's wonderful, Ashley. I completely understand. You two have been through a lot together, it makes sense." She said. I could sense she was a little upset it wasn't her but she didn't want to seem it to me. "I'm really glad you're getting this Ashley. You of all people deserve to be happy and I'm so glad Steve is with you." As she talked about Steve, he came walking back into the room. He gave me a small smile before heading to talk to Thor.

"Thanks Pep. I'm glad he is too."

"Hey Ash!" I turned round hearing my name being called. It was Tom. "Beerpong, you in?" He pointed to the game of beerpong that was all set up. I put my thumb up to him, telling that I was in.

"Sorry to leave you Pep, but there's a game of beerpong calling my name. I'll call you tomorrow okay?"

"Oh okay. Well have fun yeah? Make sure Tony doesn't drink too much. Enjoy yourself, my love." Pepper seemed to boss me making me smile.

"I will. Love you, Pep."

"Love you too sweetie." I ended the call with Pepper and headed towards the beerpong table.

Tom was stood on one side, with Sam, Rhodey and Sarah behind him. Sarah's hand was firmly in Rhodey's and she was obviously a bit tipsy.

The other end of the table was obviously for me, so that's where I stood. Maria and Bruce were stood on my side.

"You ready to be beaten, Ashley? For I am the reigning, beer pong champion." Tom tried to psych me out, holding his arms up to show me his ever so small biceps.

"You just beat a 90 year old war veteran. Not exactly a fair fight." Sam piped up.

"Looks like I'm playing another one." Tom took a step back, waving his arms around after his slight burn on me.

"Dude, this 90 year old veteran can drink you under the table." Maria pointed out, referring to me not being able to get drunk. "Whilst wearing a dress and six inch heels."

"And would beat you in a spar." Rhodey said from behind Tom, sipping his wine.

"All true but beerpong is not just a game, it's a lifestyle." Tom stood strong, he too was obviously tipsy.

"I'm not drunk enough for this." Maria commented, seeing her glass was empty and leaving to go fill it up.

"Ready grandma?" Tom stretched his arms out, ready for battle.

"Ready kid."

Long story short, I won the beerpong, which earned Maria and Rhodey 20 dollars each. I'm not the one to go against in a drinking game. Not being able to get drunk has it's pros.

The party then started winding down and it was only us Avengers left, plus Rhodey, Maria, Tom and Helen. Yeah she came. Couldn't not come. We all sat together on the sofa's and chatted together. Topic: Thor's Hammer.

"It's a trick." Clint argued as he spun a drum stick in his hand. He was sat with Maria and Tom as I sat inn between Steve and Thor. A hot guy sandwich I would say.

"No no no, it's much more than that." Thor argued back.

"Ah, whoever be he worthy shall haveth the power! Whatever man, it's a trick." Clint tried to push his point foreword but Thor just laughed at him.

"Please, be my guest." Thor motioned to his hammer, meaning for Clint to have a go at picking it up. Clint took his chance and got up, readying himself  to lift the hammer.

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it  against you if you can't get it up." Tony joked making us laugh. INNUENDO ALERT!

Clint then grabbed hold of the handle with one hand and try to pull as hard as he could. No movement from the hammer. He seemed defeated but laughed it off.

"I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony asked.

"Please, Stark. By all means." Clint challenged Tony.

"This should be good." I nudged Steve and he nodded agreeing with me. Tony got up and at the same time he undid the buttons on his blazer. He meant business.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony budged past Clint to stand above the hammer. "Right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes of course." Thor knew as well as I did that no one but Thor could lift the hammer. So watching everyone fail to lift the hammer is going to be such fun. Tony used both hands and tried to pull the hammer up. Nothing again.

"Be right back." Tony went a got  the hand part of his suit and used that to help him lift it, but nothing still. He then enlisted Rhodey to help with his hand from hi armour. Yet again nothing.

Bruce tried too, but  yelled out like he was the hulk in this instant. He wasn't.

"Why don't you try?" I asked my future husband.

"Me? Alright then." Steve jumped up, rolled up his sleeves and took the hammer in his hands. He sent a wink my way before starting to pull. I notice the hammer moved, which worried Thor, but as everyone else had  tried, he failed too.

"Care to help me with this, baby?" Steve addressed me, making me get up from my seat and stand in front of the hammer.

I grabbed hold of the handle with both hands and pulled it. I thought I felt it get lighter but it then got heavier again. I stepped back and rubbed my hands together, rubbing away the slight burn the handle gave me.

"Don't let this defeat you, Miss Gomez." Thor said a big smile on his face. I stuck my tongue our at him and sat back down with Steve.

Bruce then motioned to Nat and she shook her head. "Oh no, that's not a question I need answered." Nat said taking a sly drink of her beer.

"All deference to the Man Who Wouldn't Be King, but it's rigged." Tony spoke up.

"You bet your ass." Clint agreed with him.

"Oh. Steve, he said a bad word. My precious ears." Tom joked acting like a baby and covering his ears.

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked me, regretting ever saying it in the first place.

"Maybe. It's too funny not to tell." Steve nudged me lightly making me lean up and peck his lips.

"Gotta be fingerprint recognition." Tom spoke up. "Do we have to carry his fingerprint to 'activate' the hammer?" Maria nodded along with him, agreeing with his idea. Tom and Maria have gotten close since I was promoted to boss of The Avengers. I can see them as pretty good friends.

"It's an interesting theory Agent Sykes. But  have a simpler one." Thor stood up and took the hammer in his hand like it was just a normal hammer. "You're all not worthy." That got reactions from everyone. I booed him, I just had to.

As we all laughed a high pitched noise was heard making us all wince at how high it was.

"Tony, what was that?" I asked, knowing it was something to with Tony. I then noticed one of Tony's suits behind where Maria and Tom were sitting. It looked beaten and unfinished.

"How could you be worthy?" A voice came from the suit. And it wasn't Jarvis. "You're all killers. One more than others."  I stood to get a better look at whatever it was. I swallowed hard as the 'one' he was talking about, was me.

"Tony?" I looked to Tony, hoping he would have an answer as to why this suit was being like this.

"Jarvis?" Tony asked.

"It's not Jarvis." I spoke clearly.

"I'm sorry. I was asleep. Or I  was a dream." The suit carried on talking. I was worried at this point. Is it going to attack us?

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit."

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangle in....in....Strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good  guy." Not Jarvis. He was the only thing apart from Tony that I had of Howard's. The name Jarvis belonged to a great friend of mine and Howard's. He was a good man to both me and Tony.

"You killed someone?" Steve asked, now standing to make sure he was near me in case it did anything.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But down to the real world, we're faced with ugly choices." The robot  continued.

"Who sent you?" Thor asked and I was worried what he would answer.

"I see a suit of armour around the world." That was Tony's voice. Tony's voice was coming out of the suit. What is this thing?

"Ultron." Bruce answered for me.

"In the flesh. Or no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." The robot, or Ultron said.

"What mission?" I asked it, wanting to know why it was here. What had Tony done?

"Peace in our time." Suits then burst through the  wall behind Ulton,making Steve pull me behind him so he could kick the coffee table up to protect us, but a suit managed to fly us across the room. Son of a bitch.

"You alright?" Steve asked me.

"Yeah." I nodded. I made sure it was clear before I ran to the bar, there was gun under it. Nat threw me it, allowing me to shoot at the suits. Steve jumped onto a suit, allowing the suit to fly him into a wall and drop him down.

I saw Rhodey get shot down one floor and Tom making his way to the weapons room as he shoot at suits.

"Ashley!" I heard Tom shout my name, so I turned to him and threw me my bo staffs. Good man. I didn't have my bracelets on so I couldn't throw them and expect them to come back. I managed to get one on the floor, stab it with the bo staffs and pull it apart with them. Steve then stopped a suit coming after me by throwing his shield at it. After that one, there were no suits left.

"That was dramatic. I'm sorry I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not aloud to evolve? With these? These puppets?." Ultron was still going. He picked up a dead suit, and crushed it's head in it's hand. "There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction." Thor had had enough of Ultron's talking, so threw his hammer, breaking the suit  into pieces before calling it back to him.

I noticed a cut on my arm, probably from the glass. Helen offered to stitch me up.

I have no idea why Ultron want's us gone. We're the ones saving it. But he's right. How can we protect the world if we want to keep it the same? We can't do that.

---------------------------------

A.N. So that party ended in a fight. Yeah I added Beyonce into it, what you gunna do? I thought it would be funny. I hope you liked this chapter, it was pretty fun to write.

Now for updates I am planning on updating every Sunday but might not be the case depending on college work or other things in my life. I will try to stick to it though. I WILL be doing Civil War if I haven't said already and depending how that film goes it could be the end for this series or at least a massive break. It all depends on Civil War. I will be doing Jessica Jones before Civil War and I WILL be doing  more episodes due to not having another show to write for before Civil War.

Civil War is gunna kill me.........and maybe Ashley too.......not literally.......i don't think

As always please comment and vote I want to know if you're still reading this series and are still enjoying it. Your comments help me improve my writing and become a better writer. (Yeah I know I need a lot of work).

-Emma x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 39.3K 25
[BOOK ONE IN THE CHILDHOOD HERO SERIES] - completed - Captain America was Zoey's Childhood Obsession. She grew up with only her mother there for her...
374 29 6
Almost two years have passed since the Chitauri attack on New York City and Nellie and Steve are still adapting to their new, modern lives together...
85.7K 3.2K 32
Michaela King is new to the superhero gig - as in, super new. (Ha) But that doesn't mean she plans to shy away from her newfound responsibilities, es...
23.3K 561 36
For years you have been a ghost for SHIELD, a person who deals with those outside of the law. Few know exactly who you are, but not the monster insid...