Just by Chance- Phan AU

By JustAnotherFicWriter

Dan is that kid. The popular boy that every girl swoons over, that everyone wants to be friends with, the boy... More

Chapter 1- Phil's POV (tw/ self harm)
Chapter 2- Dan's POV
Chapter 3- Phil's POV (tw/ self harm)
Chapter 4- Dan's POV
Chapter 5- Phil's POV (tw// brief mention of self harm)
Chapter 6- Dan's POV
Chapter 7- Phil's POV
Chapter 8- Dan's POV
Chapter 9- Phil's POV
Chapter 10- Dan's POV
Chapter 11- Phil's POV
Chapter 12- Dan's POV
Chapter 13- Phil's POV (tw/ self harm, suicide)
Chapter 14- Dan's POV
Chapter 15- Phil's POV (tw/ brief mention of self harm)
Chapter 16- Dan's POV
Chapter 17- Phil and Dan's POV
Epilogue

Prologue- Dan's POV

15.6K 501 515
By JustAnotherFicWriter

I sat in the headmaster's office, arms crossed, completely pissed off. "Now, Mrs. Howell," I heard my headmaster saying to my mother, who was sitting next to me, "If Daniel doesn't raise his grades by the end of March, he will not graduate with his class. His highest grade at the moment is a D-. He actually has a 20% in one class." My mother shook her head, disappointed.

"Along with the academic struggles Daniel is experiencing, he has had several behavioral problems," The headmaster continued. "Talking back to teachers, bullying other students, fights, and completely unnecessary acts of PDA in the school hallways. He has had 18 suspensions this year alone, both in school and out of school. And it's only December. That would be a new record for this school."

I smirked. Hey, I have to be remembered somehow. "Mr. Howell, that is not something you should be proud of." My mother sighed. "Yes, we have experienced problems like that at home. Is there anything you can do to help with his grades? A tutor? After school classes?"

The headmaster nodded. "Actually, we have a program here at the school to help students in Daniel's position. We assign them a tutor, which is what we have done for Daniel." He pulled out a piece of paper. "Mr. Howell, you will be attending after school tutoring every day of the school week for two hours a day. We also encourage you and your tutor to spend time studying outside of the required amount of time. It looks like your assigned tutor is Philip Lester." 

I sat upright. "NO. Not that loser! You can't pair me up with him!" "Daniel!" my mother said, disapprovingly. 

I shook my head. No. This cannot be happening right now. The world has conspired against me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 2.1K 38
[COMPLETED] (This was written before Dan came out! I am in no way meaning to invalidate his sexuality, I love him to death!) Based on Dan's video, "W...
46.2K 2.7K 18
Dan has given up on ever being happy. Life has lost its meaning, and everything he seems to do causes some form of destruction, and Dan is so tired o...
1.5K 74 13
When Dan start school in a new place, he and Phil become friends fast. But what happens when things become to much? What happens when the only relief...
1.3K 85 18
A highschool AU in which Phil is a silent, broken boy, and Dan wants to fix him. But maybe he'll break him for good. ☆Really cringy and bad but kinda...