Signed Kisses RE-WRITING

By Janelle_G

"I got myself stuck in a world where I'm pretending to be someone I'm not" Riley Jackson thought it would ch... More

Signed Kisses
Signed Kisses 2
Signed Kisses 3
Signed Kisses 4
Signed Kisses 5
Signed Kisses 7
Signed Kisses 8
Signed Kisses 9

Signed Kisses 6

124 8 10
By Janelle_G

Chapter 6

Bad Dream To Worst Nightmare

My phone rings on the couch beside me as I reach for it and click answer. Of corse it's Kate, she wouldn't stop texting or calling me when Taylor and I were on our date.

"Riley what happened why didn't you call me, are you ok did he hurt you". She babbles on and on about stuff he could have don't to me before I cut her off.

"No nothing like that, in matter of fact he kissed me And asked me to be his date for the valentines dance". I reply as I hear her screaming on the other end of the line.

"I told you, I told you. Do you like him". She asks as I go silent at those words. Do I actually like him?

"I think so, well I don't really know. He's super sweet and a gentleman and it seems like he's changed so ill go with yea, I like Taylor". I respond as she screams and hangs up. Then a few seconds later she phones again.

"Sorry about that but I have to go, my mom says that my family has to do more as a family so we are going to be doing family game nights, today is monopoly which takes forever. How much I wanna kill that little devil of a brother. Anyways ill text you later". She says before hanging up once again.

I place my phone beside me before flicking on the tv changing the Chanel from the news to Tlc's what not to wear. For some reason watching people get their clothes thrown into a trash can always makes me feel a whole lot better.

"Honey". My mother calls from upstairs. "I'm going to make some supper is there anything you'd like". She asks as I hear her footsteps coming down the stairs.

I check my phone looking at the time noticing its already past ten o'clock. "Mom you know it's ten o'clock already I don't think that classifies as supper anymore, but I really feel like a grilled cheese sand which".

"Ok well you know what I mean. Just call it a late night snack or something. Anything else besides a grilled cheese". She asks emerging from behind the wall.

"something to do with potatoes like fries or something I also really want a potato item". I reply smiling before my phone vibrates beside me as I look at the new text message. 'What are you doing Friday evening'. Taylor asks as I reply with nothing.'wanna go out'. He sends as I type my reply before hitting send.

"Who are you texting". My mother asks placing a frying pan onto a element.

"Nobody, just Kate". I lie as my mother nods her head before she starts making my grilled cheese. "Mom I found out who my-". Wait! i hesitated. should i tell her. why not i have nothing to loose. "I found out who my match is for the valentines dance".

"Who is it, is he cute". She asks placing the sandwich onto the pan as it makes a loud sizzling sound.

"You remember that boy who got a ring pop stuck in my hair in second grade". She nods flipping over the grilled cheese. "That's who my so called perfect match is, the annoying, mr. perfect, Taylor Knight". My mother turns to face me as I shocked look is covering her whole face.

"Honey are you sure, I know how much you hate his guts. Let me see, let me see". She says running to where the valentine hearts are sitting before reading them aloud as she clamps a hand over her mouth as a gasp escapes. "Well here's my question, do you like him back".

"Mother, I seriously have no clue, I hate him but he took me onto Starbucks today and then he kissed me, but I don't know if I actually like him like that". I state as I tear drips down my face before plopping down onto the blanket that is resting on my lap. "I have no clue what the heck I should do". I add in as I hear my mother sigh before she takes a seat next to me.

"Honey, if you aren't sure about it, then I wouldn't rush into it. Maybe just hold off on the dates and try to get to know him more as a friend and if that works out then you two could become a couple". My mother says as the smoke alarm starts blaring overhead. "God damn it I forgot all about your grilled cheese". She says grabbing a towel and chair as she starts blowing air towards the smoke detector.

"Mom I don't really wanna eat a burnt grilled cheese". I yell over the alarm, placing the grilled cheese onto a plate as charred black pieces fall off onto the plate as dark orange gooey cheese drips down the side of the sandwich.

"I'm so sorry honey". She says as finally the alarm stops. "I totally forgot all about it. Would you like something else".

"Nah, I think I'm just going to go to bed its pretty late and I'm super tired". I reply slowly dragging my feet up the stairs. I enter my room stripping out of my clothes to place on my fuzzy tweety bird pyjama bottoms as well as I yellow tank top. I slip into my pyjamas before flopping down onto my bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out and into my own fantasy dream world.

~~~ Dream ~~~

"I'd never cheat on you Riley, your the perfect one for me, your my soul mate. The one I've sited seven years for, the day I first met you I couldn't keep my eyes off you. Your beauty was like a burning fire. Smoking hot". The masculine voice sounds like Taylor. "This is probably going to sound really cheesy but your like my peanut to my butter". Taylor says turning to face me as our gaze locks before i look away to find myself starring into the sun setting over the crystal clear blue ocean. "One moment babe I gotta go to the washroom". Taylor says standing up walking away leaving me there starting at the setting sun.

What seems like forever passes and there is still no sign of them returning. To my left the annual summer fair is going on with bright colourful lights lighting up the night sky. The faris wheel stands tall with the red and blue lights flickering on and off. Stars are twinkling above as The smell of cotton candy, popcorn and hot dogs are flooding the air making my mouth water at the scent of them.

I give up on waiting for Taylor so I get up and walk towards the craziness of the fair. From all the screaming people to the crowdedness. Reaching people that are scattered around I soon find myself being pushed, bumped and spilled on from the angry mob of citizens. Finally I approach a clearing right in front of the washrooms.

There was no sign of Taylor, he was gone. He left me here all alone. I spin around once again throwing myself into the mob of people as I shout "Taylor". As loud as I can over all of the people talking but it only comes out as a whisper.

Finally I see him. He's at the concession stand. I try to make my way over pushing my way through the people till finally I see him clearly, but he's not alone. A blonde haired girl is clinging onto his arm as he leans down smashing his lips to hers as a gasp escapes my mouth followed by tears flooding down my face. "How could you". I scream as he turns around as a shocked expression takes over his face as I turn around feeling something latch onto my wrist. "Let go". I shout as I bite into the arm escaping from his grasp as I run towards the washrooms.

I burst through the washroom doors and head towards the mirrors. My mascara is streaked leaving lines from my eyes heading toward my cheek bones. How could he after all he said to me, after he promised. I burst into tears allowing myself to sink down to the ground as the tears are continuously rolling down my face.

My first love, my true love abandon me for another girl who seems to be a whole lot more important to me. I pull my phone out of my pocket smashing it into the hard concrete floor mesmerized by the tiny shards of metal and glass that seem to happily dance and skip around the floor.

It's his perfect plan that I never should have fallen for. His plan to date me the dump me like I'm his own stuffed toy. I fell for Taylor Knights plan. Plan-.

~~~

I wake up to my alarm clock blaring beside me as I find my face covered with sweat and tears. My clock reads six thirty as I hop out of bed heading into the washroom as I strip down to nothing as I step into the shower allowing it to wash away all of the pain I had from my dream. Shampooing my hair the smell of cherries and lemon make me breathe in a whiff of the smell as I feel relieved and bubbly. Satisfied I step out of the shower as I wrap a fuzzy pink towel around my body.

"Honey I made you some bacon and eggs for breakfast there sitting on the counter. I'm heading off to work now, don't forget that Kate is giving you a ride". She shouts from downstairs as I hear the door slam shut shortly after. I change into a pair of white jean shorts and a bright chiffon blue top before cheerfully skipping down the stairs as the smell of bacon slaps me across the face as I greedily stuff two pieces into my mouth.

I take a seat on the stools as I flick on the tv as it turns from a dull grey to a bright blue as sponge bob flashes across the screen for some reason cartoons are always a excellent way to start off any school day.

The episode finishes as the names of all the cast member start flashing across the screen as I hit the 'off' button as they disappear leaving once again the black screen. I place my plate into the sink before running up the stairs to my bathroom where I but my hazel brown hair into a ponytail before spraying on a little bit of vanilla body spray. Just then my phone buzzes beside me as I pick it up and press the speak button.

"Hey Riley ill be at your house in five minutes top so be ready we're running a bit late". Kate says on the other line before she hangs up leaving me with no time to reply. Kate is almost a year older then me. She is born of January third as where I'm born on December twenty eighth. She usually drives me to school cause I'm still to young to be able to drive.

Just then a car honking snaps me out of my thoughts as I reach for my backpack swinging it over my shoulder before sprinting down the stairs. I slip on my blue flip flops as I open the door as the cool air brushes against my body. Quickly I lock my door before running to Kate's car hopping into the front seat.

"Hey sorry about that wasn't expecting you to come so early". I say as I let out a sigh as the car pulls out of my driveway.

"Yea no problem that's fine. So how's Taylor". She asks as I mentally slap myself on the head.

"I don't like like him I just see me and him being friends".

"And why's that". She asks sounding blown away.

"I just don't like him. He's not my dream guy. I have this strange feeling like he's going to date me for a while them dump me like he's done with other girls". I explain as Kate nods her head In agreement. "But I have no clue what to do about it".

"Just ignore him. Go to the dance with him then you'll never have to speak to him again. Kate did you study for your algebra test today". Kate asks turning to face me as I slap my face.

"I'm screwed. So fricken screwed. It's first period too" I reply as we pull into the school grounds as I hop out of the car running throw the schoolyard as I can hear Taylor yelling my name as I take Kate's word and ignore him as I run even faster towards my math classroom. Finally I reach the classroom as burst through the door to find mr.Waters sitting at his desk typing on his computer. The bell just rings over head before he has a chance to speak to me instead I make my way over to my desk and sit down waiting for the rest of the class to enter,

Finally after what seems like forever the class enters the room and Mr.waters hands out writing folders explaining the rules of the test like no talking and eyes on your own work. The he starts in the front as he hands out the stapled sheets of paper which must be our tests. I take a huge breathe as he places the test on my desk as torture begins.

A hour and forty five minutes later I'm done as I breathe a sigh of slight relief as I gather my stuff and make my way out of the classroom and straight toward my locker to where I find Taylor standing there waiting for me and the expression on his face shows anger as I make my way toward him.

"Hey" i mutter flu bling with my lock as I clicks open before I place my stuff inside before a quick moment closes my locker door as my hands make it out with a few seconds to spare.

"Hey we need to talk... About us".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.7K 48
"Why do you care if I'm mad or not?" It was the only thing I cared about knowing at this point. "You're smart King. You figure it out." Ace Carter w...
3.6K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
799 67 21
Riley is going to turn seventeen and was excided to plan everything. Everything was going his way, but not everything always has a happy.ending, thin...
252 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...