Signed Kisses 3

Chapter 3

Love Me, Not

I walk into the lunch line which only consists of a couple of people because everyone is in the office filling out their matchmaking slips. After lunch Kate and I agreed we would go and fill them out together. I grab some fries and a sand which and an apple as I make my way over to the table that Kate and the rest of my friends are sitting and chatting with each other.

"Hey guys". I say throwing my tray on the table as Kate and James slide of making room for me to sit down. They all reply with a chorus of hi as I reach for my apple taking a bite. "So have any of you guys filled out your match maker slips yet". I ask breaking the silence as everyone looks at me before returning to eating their food.

"I have". Caroline says. "It's one of the best things that has ever happened to this school, well besides the schools new science research centre". She says pushing up her glasses before staking a sip of her chocolate milk as it dribbles down her chin and splashes onto her white shirt she has been wearing.

"Yeah that's pretty exciting besides the fact that nobody gives a crap about science". James says as the whole group bursts into laughter except for Caroline who stares down at her macaroni and cheese. I let out a slight laugh as she looks at me before grabbing her stuff and walking away to a different table. It's silent as we all glance over at each other before we burst into laughter earning looks from people across the cafeteria.

Just then I feel a tap on my shoulder and Kate gets up grabbing my hand leading me with her as we make our way down the hallway. "Are we going to fill out are slips right now". I ask as she leads me into the office grabbing two pens handing me one. "Of coarse we are. Look theres absolutely nobody here".

First question name Riley Samson. Question two gender female, question three favourite sports soccer and volleyball question four what you look for in a guy. I stop at the question and read it over and over again. What I look for in a guy, they need to be athletic and good looking I scribble down before placing the heart into the box as I wait for Kate to finish hers. "What did you right for what you look for in a guy". I ask Kate as we make our way outside.

"One word, abs". She says as a grin makes its way across her face as we both burst into laughter as we take a seat under the big oak tree. "What about you". She asks pulling a granola bar out of her purse splitting it in half handing me a piece.

"Thanks". I say taking a bite "I put that they have to hot and athletic. And why would you put abs". I ask before I burst into laughter as she playfully slaps my arm as her smile turns into a more serious face.

"That's not funny Riley, and remember I want you to pair me up with Michael cause I have a feeling we'd be perfect for each other". She says gazing off as I snap my finger in front of her face while saying "earth to Kate". Repetitively. Finally she snaps out of her daze as suddenly the whole school heard is empty as I jump off the ground as Kate is following me we enter the school running down the empty halls as I make it to Mrs. Ziash classroom bursting in the door as all eyes are on me.

"Sorry I'm late I was in the office". I say hurrying to me seat. I look up at the whiteboard and written across it is 'please pull out your science textbook and work on questions thirty-seven to sixty which is found on page ninety-three'. I reach into my bag as pull out my textbook as well as a sheet of looseleaf and a pencil. Flipping to the page I look at the first question. How many watersheds does Canada have, name all of them. With my pencil in hand I begin writing down my answers. Hudson's bay, Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and one more. I look to my left and ask Gregg what the other watershed is before I scribble it down. Finally I'm onto the last question which is really easy it just asks what El Niño is, all it is, is the reverse of the universal trade winds.

I let my pencil slip out of my grasp as it falls onto the table as I look up at the clock. There is only ten minutes left of this class then my spare and finally school will be done. I pull out a piece of paper and start doodling on it. Why does Kate want to be paired up with Michael so bad, it's not like her is good looking cause to be honest he is a mess. They have absolutely nothing in common except for they both have art together in third period. The bell rings as class is dismissed as Mrs. ziash shout we are having a quiz on the questions on Monday.

Walking down the hallway meet up with with Kate who is currently placing her books in her locker as I stand next to her. "Let me guess you have your spare right now". Kate asks pulling out her math textbooks. I reply with a nod as we continue to make our way down the hallway as I loose Kate at room thirteen as I walk down to the study hall. I open to door revealing a couple of people working on homework as I make my way into the private room where I am suppose to meet my math tutor.

Just then Michael walks in carrying a math textbook as he takes a seat next to me. "Riley right, I'm your math tutor for a while, Melanie is in Hawaii". He says flipping to a random page with letters and numbers. "I've heard that you've been struggling in algebra so that is what I'm here to help with". He says handing me a pencil and paper. "Hum". He sighs "lets start with this one it's pretty easy and will get you the hang of it. Ok, A number times seven equals twenty one, so what times seven equals twenty one".

"Three so does that mean that X would be three". I ask as he nods his head in approvement. "Six divided by A number equals two so X would have to be three, right".

"There your getting the hang of it now how about we try this one". He says flipping the page pointing to another question. "5 times a number divided by five equals".

"Five" I reply as he smiles placing his hand on top of mine as I shake it away as he looks at me before apologizing. After that it was awkward there was no talking I was working on questions while he was staring at me But then the bell rings as I gather my stuff running out of the classroom.

One thing was repeating over and over in my head, does Michael like me.