Signed Kisses 2

Chapter 2

Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue

"Hey mom I'm home". I say walking into my house as I am attacked by my dog mocha as my mom comes up to me pulling me in for a tight embrace as I let my backpack slip from my grasp as it hits the floor as i wrap my arms around her.

"Oh honey how was your, day did anything exciting happen". She replies letting go of me before disappearing back into the kitchen. I walk after her and notice that there is a plate of cheese and crackers as well as chocolate milk sitting on the table. "I came off work early so I thought that I should make you a after school snack".

"Thanks mom". I respond reaching for a cracker and some cheese. " oh yea mom Guess what, I'm the schools new match maker". There's no response but when I look up at my mother her mouth is in a huge grin as tears are forming in the corners of her eyes. "Mom, hello". I say giving her a slight shake and suddenly she snaps out of her daze.

"Oh my gosh my girls exactly like me". She screams running around the kitchen digging through the drawers until she pulls out a dusty old scrapbook blowing off the causing her to cough "When I was you age I was my schools matchmaker too! And guess what, that's how I met you father". She says opening up the scrapbook revealing the pictures of the slips.

"So what your saying is since you met dad from this matchmaker I'm going to meet my husband from this". I say admiring the fragile little papers decorated with tiny pink and red hearts. "So pretty much then if I get matched up with a nerd I'm going to be stuck with him forever".

"No no honey I was just saying that's what happened to me, that doesn't mean it will happen to you. Anyways back to the matchmaking what do you have so far". She says as I pull my loose-leaf paper out of my bag. "Well, that's a good start but needs a bit of work. Instead of favourite sport do where you'd like to have a date or something like that, the rest is probably just fine".

"That's it. Phew, I thought you'd hate it. Now I need about a thousand heart shaped papers with the questions on them for tomorrow". I say slamming my head onto the counter. "What did I get myself into". I mumble as a tear slips down my face.

"Honey, don't worry it will be fine I can help. We can do something like someone cuts out the hearts while the other prints the questionnaire out. It will be just fine". She says tapping my shoulder. "We don't have all night now lets get started". She says dragging me off the chair by grabbing my arm as we stumble into the computer room. "I'll print out he questions Hun and you can cut out the hearts. Oh yea construction paper is under the sink in a purple container".

Walking into the kitchen I dig under the sink as I pull out the purple box which is surprisingly heavy for just having paper inside. Stumbling down the hall I make it ingot he computer room as I let the box slip from my grip as it crashes to the floor with a loud bang. "Honey the paper I need the paper". My mother says as the I hand her the paper and the keyboard starts clicking.

I sink down onto my knees as I open the box revealing a huge stack of bright blue and pink papers. "Mom why do you have so much paper in blue and pink". I say as I trace out shapes of hearts all over the paper before roughly cutting them out throwing them on the ground beside me.

"I new this day would come its been a tradition you know. That's how grandma Miriam found grandpa Jack and how I found your dad I just hope you would do this but I didn't wanna force you to do something you don't wanna do, you know". She says as I crumple up the scraps of paper throwing them halfway across the room.

"Well this is kinda fun and the best part is I can pair anyone with absolutely anyone I desire. Mom each of those slips you need to end it with signed kisses XoXo its kind of my new code name so nobody will find me out, except for Kate she knows". I say as I once again cut out the little hearts out of the paper.

Signed Kisses RE-WRITINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara