Me and My Shadow Enter the Na...

By WhisperedLightning

Leaha Lateire had been living a lie for the entirety of her 15 years of life. Keeping the truth about herself... More

Chapter 1 -Yeah that's me... err, us
Chapter 2 -What the hell just happened?!
Chapter 3 -You totally jinxed it!
Chapter 4 -Oh no, not you again
Chapter 5 -Dreams and invisible chakra
Chapter 6 -The new kid's a mind reader?!
Chapter 8 -Kale's a woman and fan girls are sheep
Chapter 9 -A show, teams and intros
Chapter 10 -Blue eyes and jingle bells
Chapter 11 -Our first mission! Well... first REAL mission
Chapter 12 -Blushing birdy Sasuke and Zabuza the hot rouge ninja
Chapter 13 -Monkey see monkey do, I just beat the crap outta you!
Chapter 14 -Midnight escapades
Chapter 15 -Tree climbing training and heart to heart tips
Chapter 16 -A stalkers excuse, a little brother and talking stones
Chapter 17 -Chihuahua's are epic fighters
Chapter 18 -Battles end, lines crossed and words left behind
Chapter 19 -Hotties galore, the competition arrives!
Chapter 20 -Hello Sensei, remember me?
Chapter 21 -Test cheaters and their nerdy trading cards
Chapter 22 -Interviews and the true enemy appears!
Chapter 23 -That is Orochimaru and this is my soul mate
Chapter 24 -The Nightmare
Chapter 25 -Unforeseen complication
Chapter 26 -I spy with my little eye...
Chapter 27 -Let's get this party started!
Chapter 28 -The first rounds commence
Chapter 29 -The second batch of fights
Chapter 30 -To fight or not to fight... that is the question
Chapter 31 -Happy birthday, would you like flowers with your kunai?
Chapter 32 -Prowlers that travel the darkened shadows
Chapter 33 -The third round begins, a ninja back from the dead?
Chapter 34 -Winds and Shadows
Chapter 35 -Dosu, the the lost ninja's fight
Chapter 36 -The hidden card is finally played
Chapter 37 -Destruction and corruption
Chapter 38 -Protection
Chapter 39 -A promise kept... goodbye
Chapter 40 -Hate between brothers
Chapter 41 -The importance of the water balloon
Chapter 42 -Lady Tsunade
Chapter 43 -We meet again
Chapter 44 -So close... but to what?
Chapter 45 -Todoroki last mission?
Chapter 46 -The race is on
Chapter 47 -An auspicious day
Chapter 48 -The collectors
Chapter 49 -Sasuke retrieval squad
Chapter 50 -The sound four
Chapter 51 -One by one

Chapter 7 -A neighbor, a friend, a traitor and a demon

10.5K 319 41
By WhisperedLightning

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic...........But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 7-~- 

 “All right class, that’s all for today; study hard tonight for the test tomorrow,” Iruka-sensei called as we exited the room. “Naruto, you stay,” he said as Naruto tried to sneak out. “Come on Iruka-sensei, I’m hungryyyy,” Naruto whined. “You can eat after you clean the Hokage faces."

"Saki, did you need something.” I looked over at him; I’d just been standing there, looking out at the Hokage Mountains. “Oh... no,” I moved towards the door, when I reached it I turned around. I opened my mouth; I wanted to say something, but nothing would come; I turned and made my way outside.

 *What was that?*  *I don’t know… I just... I just…… I don’t know. I just felt the need to say something* I said. *Well you know they’ll be at Ichiraku's later, if you want to say something*  *Yeah, so are we gonna do this today or what* I smiled and walked towards the training grounds. *I thought you’d never ask*  *Let’s do a sweep first* I stopped and searched for any sign of anyone else’s chakra. “Nope nothing, we’re in the clear.”

 “Alright let’s do this,” Kale turned to face me. “Hold on, shroud our chakra first, just in case,” I said. Kale smirked, “done, so are we gonna do this or what!” he asked excitedly. “Ok ok,” I laughed, “ready? Go!” I willed myself to change, to shift from human to wolf. I opened my eyes and stared at a beautiful black and gray wolf.

“Well you’re a sight for sore eyes,” I commented. “Look who’s talking,” he gave a wolfy grin. I looked down at myself, it’s true, I had changed successfully as well. I trotted over to a stream a few feet away and looked down at myself.

 An identical twin to Kale, my fur was all black with some grayish markings on my face and chest. “I’m even better looking than you,” I flashed a toothy smile at my reflection. “We’re identical, it’s not possible for you to look better,” he reminds me. My ears flatten against my head in irritation before perking back up, “no we aren’t, I still have my blue eyes and you your green.” He steps over to the stream, “hmmm… you’re right,” he says worriedly. I roll my eyes, “don’t worry so much, no one would notice that.”

 I jump up into the trees, “you coming or not?” Kale grins, jumping up after me, “I bet I can still beat you.” “No way! You have no chance of defeating me this time, we aren’t dreaming anymore.” I leap at a tree, pushing off and launching myself at him. He dodges, forcing me to land on the branch. I run after him; jumping from branch to branch, “you can’t run forever!” “I don’t plan to,” Kale leaps toward the brush covered ground. I stop above where he had landed, “where’d you go?” I whisper to myself.

 “Right here!” I whip my head around as I’m thrown from my perch and tackled to the ground. I struggle to free myself from under his paws, “lucky shot,” I growl. He leans down so we’re nose to nose, “oh I think that’s more than luck, it’s all skill baby,” he smirks. I snap my teeth at him, “whatever, get off me before I make you.” “Oooo I’m scared,” he taunts. I bared my fangs as I smiled; I increased my size, easily throwing him off and into the air. I watched his horrified expression switch to one of ease as he lands gracefully on my back.

 “Luck,” he stated, jumping down and sitting in front of me. I returned to normal size, “whatever you say bud.” I looked around us; we were under the Hokage Mountain, my ears perked up as I heard voices. “You’re not going home till you’ve cleaned off every single drop of paint.” I jumped up into a tree, climbing as high as I could go without being seen. “So what, it’s not like there’s anyone waiting at home for me!”

 My eyes softened, oh Naruto, I sighed. Kale materialized beside me, “we should visit him, I’m sure he doesn’t know he has a neighbor.” He butted his shoulder against mine, “it’ll do him good.” I smiled lightly, snuggling into his side and looked back up at Naruto and Iruka-sensei. “Naruto…” “What do you want now Sensei?!” “Well I was just thinking, maybe after you’ve cleaned this all up, I’ll take you out for some ramen, the good stuff, what do you think?” “Now that’s some serious motivation! I’ll have this clean in no time!”

 Kale and I spent the rest of the day watching Naruto clean the mountainside. I jumped down from my perch in the treetops. “They’re leaving, we should probably get going as well,” Kale stated as I landed soundlessly beside him. “When do you think we should meet up with them?” “Not while they’re talking, maybe afterward or on his way home would be best.” “Let’s go home, we can wait there for him, I have to get some food soon anyway or I’ll die!” I exaggerated.

 He rolled his eyes, “I swear; you’re as bad as Naruto sometimes.” I dropped down in a crouch, “race you to the end of the forest?” He mimicked me; “on your mark” “get set,” I filled in, “GO!” he shouted. We ran side by side, zigzagging through the trees, digging our claws into the turf. I took a giant leap shifting at the same time; I somersaulted out of the trees, jumping to my feet, “I win!”  “I let you win, don’t give yourself too much credit,” he said, leaning on a tree in the shadows, arms crossed, a smirk adorning his face.

 “Come on let’s go,” I jerk my head in the direction of our apartment and start walking. *I’m hurt that you wouldn’t wait for me*  “Well it’s not like you could get left behind,” I said, weaving through the crowded streets. I took a route I knew would pass by Ichiraku’s, I peered past the cloth, spotting Naruto and Iruka-sensei eating their ramen. *They should be done soon* I looked towards the dark skyline, recognizing our home’s red roof. I leaped onto the roof to wait and looked down at the streets.

 An hour later a patch of orange came walking up the street. *So what are you going to say?*  *I’m not sure, just let him know I live down the hall I guess* I snuck in through my open balcony door and made my way out into the hall. I paused, hearing steps on the stairs; I went over to Naruto’s door watching the steps for any movement. His spiky blond hair rose into view, the rest of him following shortly afterwards.

~~ Naruto’s P.O.V. ~~

Man, I’m so nervous about tomorrow, what if I fail again? I rubbed the back of my head, leaving my hands locked behind it as I continued on my way home. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and I looked over to the balcony connected to the only other apartment in the building, besides my own. Nothing, huh… could’ve sworn I’d seen something; I shook my head, no one lives there, I must be seeing things.

 I walked in the front door and made my way over to the stairs. I should have studied instead of having ramen with Iruka-sensei, but Ichiraku’s is the best in the village, no way could I pass that up. I swept a hand through my hair; I’ll just have to hope the test isn’t on something I’m terrible at, especially the clone jutsu. No! I’ll pass, there’s no way I can fail this time!

 I climbed the last few steps, my resolve strengthened by my pep talk. “Hey!” I yelled, surprised, there was that girl again and she was leaning against my door. “What are you doing here!?  Uhhh… what’s your name again?” I asked, slightly embarrassed. She smiled at me; her piercing blue eyes similar to my own, “Saki and I was waiting for you to get back.”

My jaw slackened slightly, “you-you were waiting for me? Why?” “Well, I wanted us to be friends and to let you know that I live down the hall,” she answered. “You live down the hall?” I looked over to the only other door, so I did see something by the other balcony.

“Yea, I just moved there recently and didn’t know if you had noticed, I guess not,” she laughed. I laughed too and the rest of what she said clicked, “wait, you want to be my friend?” I asked, astonished, everyone always avoided me like there was something wrong with me. Why would she want to be my friend? She gave me a gentle smile, “of course I do Naruto, I always thought of you as a friend." I smiled, my eyes glistening with the threat of tears, “yea, haha sure.” I stuck my hand out, “friends?” she grinned, jumping up from my door, “friends,” she said shaking my hand.

 “Well I should introduce myself properly, I’m Naruto Uzumaki and I’m going to be Hokage someday, believe it!” She smiled, “I do believe it, I’m Saki Kiyomizu.” My first friend, I looked at her; her golden brown hair was pulled up in a ponytail, a few pieces escaping on the sides, forest green tunic, black shorts, and a purple bandana around her left upper arm. I suppressed the light blush making its way to my cheeks; she was pretty. “Well, I better be going, got to be ready for the test,” she said, moving away from the front of my door.

 She bit her lip, looking like she was trying to make a decision. She took two steps forward, suddenly wrapping her arms around me in a hug. The blush on my cheeks turned a shade darker; I paused for a second before hugging her back. “See you tomorrow Naruto,” she whispered. She let go, walking down to her door and waved before closing it behind her. I rubbed the back of my head, trying to calm my raging blush, “see you tomorrow,” I murmured.

~~ Saki/Leaha’s P.O.V. ~~

“Today's the day,” Kale said as I strapped on my weapon bags to my hip and right thigh. “No, that day is when we get assigned our teams, today is just the test. Which isn’t important cause we all know we’re going to pass, except Naruto... he’ll be a nervous wreck.” I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, which I decided to make my signature hairstyle. “Don’t forget your breakfast,” I caught the apple Kale threw at me, “yeah yeah.”

 I reached for the door and stopped short, face to face with Naruto, his hand poised to knock. “Uhh… hi haha,” he said awkwardly, running his hand through his hair. “Hey Naruto,” I smiled, amused. He stepped out of my way so I could close and lock my door. “I was thinking since you live right next to me… we could walk to the academy together.” “Sure thing, let’s go!” I headed towards the stairs, Naruto left jogging to keep up.

 “So ahh… what were you doing in that tree when you fell on me?” he asked from beside me. “I don’t know, I can’t remember anything from before that,” I lied. “The Hokage said I had a block in my mind they couldn’t get past, so they think it’s some form of advanced amnesia.” *When did you get so slick at lying?*  *I learned from the best* I smirked internally. “Really? You don’t remember anything at all?” he gaped. I laughed, “Of course I remember some things but only the basics; name, age, stuff like that.” “Oh,” he said confused.

 I shoved his shoulder playfully, “come on, we don’t want to be late.” His famous smile returned to his face, “Yeah right like that’s gonna happen,” he scoffed, but I noticed he picked up the pace a bit. We walked into the halls and made our way to the room. “Hey, what time does class start?” I asked. “Hmm… 7,” he said, “and when do doors for this place open?” I asked nonchalantly. “A… 6 maybe,” he answered, looking like he was thinking really hard, “why?” I shrugged, “just wondering.”

 We made it to the room, almost completely full, “told you we might have been late, we’re that last people to arrive.” He shrugged, “well Iruka-sensei isn’t here yet so we’re in the clear.” I scanned the room and spotted two open seats next to each other in front of Sasuke and Shikamaru. “Come on Naruto,” I grabbed his wrist and dragged him over to the seats; I took the one in the middle next to an unnamed boy and let Naruto have the one next to the walkway.

 I turned around in my seat, “hey Shikamaru, we didn’t miss anything did we?” He looked down at me, “no, Iruka-sensei hasn’t shown up yet… so you know Naruto?” he eyed the blond next to me. “Yea, first person I met when I got here and now we’re neighbors,” I shrugged. I glanced at him, he was staring off into space, and in Sakura’s direction I noticed, I rolled my eyes. Shikamaru smirked, noticing as well, “at least he’s smart enough to keep it to himself, unlike Sakura and Ino who practically shout it from the roof tops. Wait, they’ve done that haven’t they,” I suppressed a laugh.

 “Not quite, but with the way they squawk about it all the time I don’t think it’s necessary,” he smiled. “It’ll take them awhile before they figure out it’s all in vain,”  I side glanced at Sasuke, he gave me a blank stare out of the corner of his eye. Shikamaru glanced over as well, but he had already gone back to looking forward. “How long do you think he’ll take? It’s been 15mins already,” Naruto whined. “Don’t worry Naruto he’ll be here in a second,” I assured him. Just as I promised Iruka-sensei walked out soon after.

 “We will now start the finale exam. When your name is called proceed to the testing room, the finale test will be on… the clone jutsu.” I felt Naruto tense beside me, “don’t worry Naruto, I know you’ll get your headband,” I whispered. He turned towards me, “thanks Saki, yeah your right! I’ll pass believe it!” I returned his smile and settled in to wait.

 As I thought, they went alphabetical; first Shino, then Choji, Sakura, Hinata, Kiba and some other kids went through before it came to me. An unknown ninja stepped into the room, “Saki Kiyomizu,” he called, before ducking back out. I got up and walked around Naruto, “good luck Saki!” he yelled at me, giving a thumbs up. “I’ll be fine, I’ll see you afterwards ok, just remember what I told you,” I replied. I nodded at the boys behind him, Shikamaru gave me a small smile and Sasuke looked indifferent.

 “Hello Saki, this is Mizuki-sensei, he’ll be the other proctor,” Iruka explained. I narrowed my eyes and smirked, “is he really qualified? I mean a kid like me or Naruto could beat him up.” *KALE WHAT THE HELL!!! I DIDN’T GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE MY VOICE!!!* “SAKI! That is NO WAY to speak to another person, let alone a high ranking ninja! Do you want to become a ninja! I could fail you right now, apologize!” I dipped my head to Iruka, “I’m sorry sensei,” I turned to Mizuki, “sorry,” I muttered. “It’s alright, you’re probably just nervous,” he said with a fake smile of understanding and friendliness.

 “You said it was the clone jutsu right?” “Yes, just perform the jutsu and we’ll decide if you pass or not,” Iruka replied, more calm now. “Alright,” I did the hand signs, “shadow clone jutsu,” I whispered so only I could hear. Four perfect replicas of myself stood next to me, “well done Saki, and they’re solid clones too! You pass.” I walked over to the table and frowned a bit, Iruka-sensei noticed, “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Oh… I was just hoping they weren’t all blue, that’s ok though,” I reached for one.

 “Hang on a minute,” he said, ducking under the table and riffling around in something before surfacing again. “I have a black one if you would prefer that,” he held it up for my inspection. I beamed, “thank you, thank you, thank you!” I took it from him. “You’re welcome,” he laughed. I glared at Mizuki again and mouthed ‘loser’ while Iruka turned away. Then I happily walked outside into the crowd and waited for Naruto.

 I walked through the crowd, I hadn’t seen him come out, he must be on the swing already. “There, you see him,” I heard a nasally voice sneer and froze, “it’s that boy.” “I heard he’s the only one who failed,” another said. “Hmph well it serves him right,” “just imagine if he became a ninja, I mean he’s the boy who…” “Shut up!,” I growled at them, they twisted around surprised, “don’t you DARE speak of him that way you bitch!” I snarled. “Or I’ll show you a real demon,” I whispered to them, grinning evilly and showing my elongated wolf fangs. They screamed and ran off into the crowd; I smirked, satisfied and walked over to the occupied swing.

 “Hey Naruto,” I smiled softly. “Oh hi Saki,” he said, giving me a sad smile. Then, noticing the headband in my hand, “you passed, that’s awesome,” he forced a grin. “Yea,” I put it in my weapons bag and kneeled down beside him. I gripped him in a tight hug, “don’t you worry Naruto, I told you you’d get your headband and I don’t lie. You’ll have it by tomorrow, I promise,” I whispered.

 I released him and kneeled next to him again. “Thanks Saki, but I don’t know how that’s possible,” he said hopelessly. “Hey, I don’t make promises lightly, when I make one I keep it,” I say seriously. He smiled; I pause for a second, “you can whistle right?” he looked at me confused, “yeah, why?” “If you ever need me and it’s an emergency or something, just whistle like this,” I did a long low note, a short high note, another long low, another short high. “Got it?” he repeated it, “perfect,” I smiled. “I’ll see you at home ok,” I said getting up, he nodded, “thanks Saki, for everything.” “If you ever want to talk you know where to find me.”  

 While walking past, I glared up into the tree; knowing Mizuki was hiding in it somewhere. I continued my trek to the academy gate, stopping to look back at him when I reached it. I saw Mizuki jump down and stand over him. I caught his gaze as the chunin glanced up; I grinned evilly and dragged a finger across my throat and pointed to him. He stared daggers at me as I turned, smirking and made my way home. “Be careful Naruto,” I whispered.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait again, but its so awesome isn't it!!!!     Well..... I THINK SO!! :P   and its long!! :D   Hope you liked it!!             And do you like the pic?!?!?    thats what they look like, cool huh XD  wolves are amazing!!

dedicated to CHiKiDORii  for her Naruto addiction [:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 11.2K 55
Naruto Fanfiction. Book One. Warning! She's dangerous. Don't go near her. Don't fight back. Hide when you see her. DO NOT MENTION HER FAMILY. She's...
520K 17.1K 30
Suki katsureki was a misunderstood child, the only one who stood by her was her sister maki. Suki was a burden to her village, they feared and abuse...
43.5K 1.6K 13
And just like that, they were gone. Hinata sighed, "I miss them already." Sasuke enveloped her in a hug, "I'm going to miss those brats too." Hinata...
307K 9.6K 58
[ Highest Ranking: #1 in Naruto ] [ Highest Ranking: #1 in Uchiha ] A will. A faculty leading to an action. A resolution. Everyone has a will, a rea...