The Malfoy Who Lived (A Harry...

By moosechester

Draco Malfoy. Everyone knows him as the cold, cruel, heartless, cowardly, pure-blood Slytherin king. Well, th... More

One: Murdering The Malfoys
Two: Living With The Dursley's
Three: Back To Hogwarts
Four: The Sorting
Five: Invisible
Six: A Bezoar
Eight: Truth or Dare?
Nine: Missing In Action
Ten: Just a Crush
Eleven: Questions
Twelve: Midnight Meeting
Thirteen: Slytherins Can't Be Trusted
Fourteen: Voldemort Gets Relationship Advice From Kase
Fifteen: Extendable Ears
Sixteen: Into the Tunnel
Seventeen: Remind Me Never To Pass A Note Again
Eighteen: Curiosity Killed The Mudblood
Nineteen: You Should Know That There's Never A Battle Without Death
Epilogue: Grieving
Important News!

Seven: The Hospital Wing

1.7K 23 5
By moosechester

Adele's POV

I stayed in the common room, too upset to care about missing lessons. I was still reeling over what had been said in the Great Hall between me and Ron.

Draco wouldn't be stupid and cruel enough to fancy Emily. Okay, that was mean. Emily is one of my best friends. But, still.  I just didn't think they would work out. Sue me!

Hopefully Emily didn't fancy him. Then I smacked myself. I'd totally forgotten that Emily was going to Hogsmeade with Harry, which clearly said she didn't fancy Draco. That was the number one thing you could do to hurt him. 

I clenched my fists. Poor Draco. All because Emily was being insensitive, he was really hurting. I want to help him, but I don't know how. He's so in love with the girl, and she totally broke his heart. Or she will, when he finds out. 

I began to cry. Draco would never fancy me. Emily will marry Harry and they'll have a good life, and Draco will still be heartbroken and never love me. We'll be alone, and never ever be together. 

The portrait door opened, and Kase stepped inside. "Hey, Adele. You alright? You seemed pretty upset in the Great Hall."

I wiped away my tears, and smiled. Kase could always cheer me up, even if he was super annoying all the time. Sometimes, he could be a great friend. 

"I'm fine." I said. 

He smiled sadly. "Adele, we've been friends for a long time. I know you well enough to know when you say that you're fine, you aren't." He sat down beside me on the scarlet sofa. 

I wrapped my arms around him. Kase and I had met in First Year, back in America. We'd hung out all the time, but our parents had never met. We didn't want them to meet because Kase was pureblood and my parents were muggles.

I didn't know if Kase's parents were anything like the Potters, and I'm sure they weren't, but I didn't want them to be disgusted by my parents. Kase's parents both worked for the ministry back in America. My mother was a lawyer, and my dad worked at the zoo. Those weren't very impressive jobs. 

I'd been surprised when Kase had been in Gryffindor. I really thought he would be in Slytherin. Not that he was an arrogant jerk like Harry Potter, but I thought all purebloods went to Slytherin. But, I was glad that he was in Gryffindor with me. When I'd heard that Kase was in Gryffindor, I was thrilled that I wouldn't have to face a whole new house alone. 

"Adele?" He asked me cautiously. 

"Yes?" I mumbled into his chest. 

"Who was Ron talking about in the Hall?" He asked me. 

I froze, and sat up, looking away from Kase. "Oh, nobody. Ron's just gone mad, that's all."

"Adele," He pouted. "I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything."

"But I don't want you to know this." I whispered. 

"Adele," He took my hands, and looked into my eyes. I looked into his eyes, and almost got lost in them. "Tell me who you fancy."

I sighed. "Fine." I know I'm going to regret this later, but I can't keep this a secret for long. Kase is going to find out, and he's going to be furious if it's not from me.

"I like Draco." I said. 

As soon as I said Draco's name, Kase's face darkened. I looked into his eyes. Pure rage, and hurt. He got up and kicked the table. A crystal ball rolled off the table, and smashed into pieces.

"Kase, why are you so angry?" I asked him, worried.  

"You like Draco?" He said Draco's name with distaste. 

I nodded. "But you can't tell-"

"Oh, don't worry, Adele." He said my name with such distaste that it made me want to cry. "I won't give away your precious secret."

He picked me up, and threw me across the room. I hit a mirror, and felt the glass cut into my skin, and gasped. It hurt... so badly. It felt like there were a million needles sticking into my body. My head was going to explode. There wasn't a word to describe how much pain I felt right now. Tears streamed down my face freely, as I watched Kase destroy the common room. 

"He doesn't deserve you. He won't treat you right. He'll break your heart!" Kase shouted, tearing apart the sofa. 

Kase went on destroying the common room, ripping the curtains, smashing and breaking everything in sight, tearing down the twins' posters, and the fireplace suddenly fell apart, bricks landing on me. 

This was a horrifying side of Kase that I'd never seen before, and I didn't want to. He was really scaring me. I hope that someone comes in to save me. I would call out for help, but nothing can come out of my mouth. 

The portrait hole opened, and then Ginny Weasley came in with Pansy Parkinson and Hermione Granger. "So anyway, I can't believe- What happened in here, Kase?"

Kase suddenly looked normal again. He looked up at the ceiling for a long time. "I don't know what happened here." He was obviously lying through his teeth.

"Uh, a little help?" I managed to say. 

They all gasped at the sight of me. Was it really that bad? My right side hurt the worst, but I'm sure it was nothing too bad. My head hurt really badly too. 

They all ran over to me. They threw everything aside, and Kase picked me up, bridal style. I was terrified of him. He would hurt me again. I didn't want him to throw me against the wall again.

This was how I would die. Kase was going to take me somewhere, maybe to the Room of Requirement, and he was going to kill me, and nobody would ever find my body. He would hide it where nobody would ever discover it. 

At least I could come back as a ghost and get vengeance. Wait, what am I saying? I am not going to die today. I'm not going to let him kill me.

I struggled. "Put me down! Kase, don't hurt me!"

He looked at me, confused. "Adele, you're my best friend, I would never hurt you."

"YOU JUST DID! YOU THREW ME AGAINST THE WALL, AND THEN RUINED THE FIREPLACE, AND THEN BRICKS FELL ON ME!" I screamed. 

He laughed. "Adele, I don't know what happened to you, but you know I wouldn't do that."

"I thought you wouldn't do that, once. Now I feel like I barely know you." I said quietly. 

He looked like I slapped him. Then he carried me out of the portrait hole. People in the corridor stopped and stared. Everyone was whispering, but nobody approached us as he carried me towards the Hospital Wing.

"Please don't hurt me." I whimpered. 

He would hurt me again, I knew it. It was all just an act for the others, he was taking me somewhere were he could hurt me again...

That was the last thing I remembered before I passed out.

*

"Are you alright, Miss Middleton?" Somebody asked me. 

I opened my eyes, and groaned. My right side hurt so badly there isn't a word for it. I knew at least a few ribs were cracked, and my arm looked pretty bad, but other than that I felt fine. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Well, Mister Salisbury, Miss Parkinson, Miss Granger, and Miss Weasley all found you in the common room, which was destroyed. You were buried under glass and bricks." Madam Pomfrey said. 

Then it all came flooding back to me. When I told Kase that I liked Draco, He lashed out. It was like he was possessed. He threw me against the mirror. The fireplace was destroyed and the bricks covered me, and broke my bones.

I whimpered just thinking about it. Kase scared me. He would hurt me. 

I had to stay away from him. I could never talk to him again, because if I did, I could say anything that might set him off. He might hurt me, and I couldn't take that risk. 

I nearly had a heart attack when the door opened, but it was only the twins. "Hi Adele!"

"Hey Gred and Forge." I smiled. Those were the nicknames I had for them.

"How's our second little sister?" Fred asked me. 

I smiled at him. "Okay, I guess."

"Well, you seem tired." George noticed. 

"Oh no, I'm fine. I literally just woke up." I told them.

"So, what happened?" They wondered.

"You won't believe me if I tell you." I said, sighing. I wanted to tell them, but they'd think that I was crazy. 

"Try me." George said. 

"I was in the common room, with Kase. We were talking, and when I told him something, he got mad and destroyed the common room. Then he picked me up and threw me against the wall, smashing the mirror. I fell, and got covered in bricks." I said quietly. "He's acting like he can't remember anything."

Fred and George were speechless. 

"Adele, Kase wouldn't do that to you." Fred said gently.

"No, Fred, He did do it!" I yelled. 

Madam Pomfrey rushed out of her office, hearing me yell. "Mister Weasley! Please leave Miss Middleton, She needs rest! And the other Mister Weasley, leave as well. She's reacting badly to the accident, and she needs time to rest so she can remember what's happened."

"I just told you what happened, and it's the truth." I snapped. 

Madam Pomfrey looked at me sternly. "Miss Middleton, I suggest you be quiet. I know that your friend would never harm you like that, and I would like you to stop telling these lies so you could remember what truly happened."

I bit my tongue to stop myself from yelling at her, and turned to Fred and George, who left at the sight of my glare. How could they not believe me?

Was it that unreasonable? Would I ever lie about something as serious about this? No, I wouldn't.

Maisie's POV

"I'm telling you, Blaise is totally into you!" Flora Davies told me as we headed back to the dungeons.

I snorted. "Blaise is gayer than Tom Cruise."

"Who's Tom Cruise?" She asked me. 

"Never mind. Someone in America." I said. Flora had transferred from Beauxbatons, and she was part Veela. Many boys flocked to her, like right now. 

There was a crowd of five boys waiting by the common room, where we were heading. Flora smiled at them politely. "Boys, if you don't mind, we would like you to leave so we can get into our common room."

"Oh sure, Flora. Will you go on a date with me?" A Gryffindor asked her. 

"Not a chance." She said with her sugary-sweet voice. The boys cleared out quickly, and I stepped up to give the password. "Death Eater."

Flora and I entered the common room, filled with skulls. I loved the Slytherin common room, it was so much better than the others. It was huge and green inside. The sofas were gray, and there were Slytherin banners across the wall. There was a large table in the center with chairs that were decorated with green velvet. 

At the table, there were Harry, Goyle, and Blaise. They were talking quietly, and then Harry started talking even louder.

"Despicable, those filty mudbloods." Harry said with disgust.

Blaise snorted. "Please, Harry, we all know you love them. You're dating Emily Taylor, aren't you?"

"Yes, but she's different. She's not a mudblood, she's half-blood." Harry argued. 

"Hello, boys." I said hastily, wanting to stop an argument that I could see was coming soon. 

"So, Blaise What guy did you shag this week?" I asked him. 

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, only Neville Longbottom and Draco Malfoy." Harry chuckled and gave Blaise a high-five. 

"Oh my god, you're disgusting! Out of all guys, why THEM?" I asked, horrified. 

Blaise chuckled. "It's called sarcasm Maisie. I'm not gay." 

Harry laughed. "I can't believe you actually fell for that, Maisie."

Flora smiled at Blaise. "It's good you were joking. I hate Longbottom and Malfoy."

"Aww, really?" I said to her. "Shame. I think you and Longbottom would be so cute together!"

Harry and Blaise snickered. Flora glared at me. "Shut up, Maisie." I didn't want to stop; messing with Flora was too much fun.

"That is, if Lovegood didn't kill you out of jealously first." I smirked. 

Flora jumped out of her seat. "Petrificus-"

"Protego!" I said. My shield was so powerful, Flora's spell backfired on herself, and she fell over, completely binded. 

I laughed, and performed the counter curse. "Sorry, Flora."

"So, we have the whole night. What should we do?" Harry wondered. 

"Well, I'm gonna go find Crabbe." Goyle said, and stood up. 

"Leave him, Goyle. Nobody cares about your little boyfriend." I said nastily.

He glared at me, but not even Goyle was stupid enough to try and hex me, especially after what happened with Flora a few moments ago. Goyle left the common room, at the same time that Pansy and Hermione came in.

"Hi boys." Pansy sat down with Hermione. "Ugh, I'm exhausted. What are we going to do?"

"I have no idea. But I really need to finish Potions work." Hermione started to get up, but Pansy pulled her back down.

"Hermione, no. You are going to do something with us, and that's an order." Hermione sighed, and flopped back down onto the couch. 

"So, seriously what are we going to do?" Blaise asked me. 

"Well, I have an idea." Hermione said. "We could play a muggle game."

"Which one?" Harry asked her, at the same time as Pansy said "No, Muggle games are boring."

"Pansy, you haven't even heard the game yet." I said, interested. 

Muggles had interesting games sometimes. 

"Truth or Dare." Hermione said, a sly smile on her face.

"How do you play?" I asked, immediately sitting straighter. 

"Well there's a bottle on the floor, and we all take turns spinning it. Then the spinner dares the person it landed on. If the person won't do it, then they have to answer a question. Which is usually personal." Hermione explained. 

"Sounds fun." I said. 

"Oh, no." Harry said. "I am so not playing with Maisie. She is a devious little-"

"Hey, watch it!" I said angrily.

"Well, I'll play." Blaise and Pansy said. 

"Let's get started." I said. "Flora, come on."

She shook her head. "Maisie, I know something bad's going to happen. I've played this before, and someone gets hurt every time."

I pouted. "Come on, it'll be really fun!"

She sighed. "Fine."

Then the door to our common room opened, and Loony Lovegood stepped in. She looked annoyed, and sort of worried. "Guys, Dumbledore wants everyone in the Great Hall."

"Why?" I asked her. Loony could be tricking us. Then again, I doubted she was smart enough. All she ever thought about were Crumple-Horned Snorkacks and Nargles. 

"He didn't say, but it's something about Gryffindor Tower." Loony said. 

Flora sighed. "Well, let's go."

"No way." I said. "You're really going to believe her?"

"I'm telling the truth." Loony said indignantly. 

"Shut up, Loony." I snapped. 

"Maisie, come on." Flora said. 

"I seriously doubt she's lying." Hermione said. "Plus, if it is something serious, there's going to be serious trouble for not being there."

"I agree with Hermione." Harry said, and I shot him a glare. 

"Fine, let's go." I said. They were waiting for my orders, I guess, because they only moved after I said this.

What could Dumbledore want us for?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778K 29.5K 41
Everyone knew that Draco Lucius Malfoy was an evil prick who was raised to serve the dark lord. What people didn't know, is that inside, Draco was ca...
416K 12.7K 60
Charles Potter, a Gryffindor. He's known as the bad boy, the best friend and right hand man to Draco Malfoy. He's also known as Lily and James Pott...
141K 3.8K 71
Almost a year into Lucius's divorce from Narcissa, he meets with Draco's favourite teacher whom Draco won't stop talking about, how pretty she is, ho...
16K 294 9
Two families. Two purebloods who fell in love. A short Draco Malfoy love story.