Teach Your Heart Out

By FallenTorment16

Sorren swore to be single until she found a guy worth her time. After scoring her first teaching job at the l... More

Teach Your Heart Out
Chapter 1 - First Day
Chapter 2 - Lunch Time
Chapter 3 - Mistake After Mistake
Chapter 4 - My Ass Hurts
Chapter 5 - Brown Eyed Bad Boy
Chapter 6 - Too Many Choices
Chapter 7 - Welcome Back Part 1
Chapter 8 - Welcome Back Part 2
Chapter 9 - Whoops
Chapter 10 - Nixon To The Rescue
Chapter 11 - About Nixon
Chapter 12 - Girls Weekend (Day One)
Chapter 13 - Girls Weekend (Day Two)
Chapter 14 - Heart To Heart
Chapter 15 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 16 - Tomato Face
Chapter 17 - Retail Therapy
Chapter 19 - White Tiger

Chapter 18 - Meet My Mom's

33 2 0
By FallenTorment16

Storm and I got out of my car and walked up to the house I grew up in. It was a quaint, two story home painted a light blue with windows covering the front. The lawn was trimmed and a bright green mixed, a few dying flowers littered the garden as the fall season was fast approaching, birds were flying around the bird feeder, stocking up before the cold winter months.

"Damn. Jade is getting that yard work done!" Storm whistles, looking around at the yard.

I smile and nod, despite the cold bringing death to some of the garden life, it was still beautiful. Jade made sure her garden looked glorious in all seasons. "She always had a knack for it, you should see it when it's summer. She brings out the fountains, it seems she already put them away for the season." As we pass by a Japanese Maple tree, I lightly run my glove covered hands over the remaining leaves, a few falling off. It wasn't as cold as yesterday, but the temperature is definitely dropping by the day. It's the wonderful time of summer transitioning into fall and it's beautiful. Fall is my favorite time of the year because of jackets and spiced everything.

We get up to the dark wood door and I knock a couple times.

"Coming!" I hear a muffled voice from the inside.

"Twenty bucks it's Jade." Storm tells me, hitting my shoulder lightly.

I shake my head. "It's Iris."

"You're on, bitch."

I grew up with these women, but so did Storm. Both my mothers have kind of the similar voice, so we always bet who's going to answer the door.

The door opens and there stands the dark haired beauty that is Iris. I look over at Storm with a smug look and she just punches my shoulder for real and pouts.

"Ow, bitch." I hiss, holding my arm.

"Sorren, did I just hear you curse?!" Iris asks, shocked.

My eyes land on her brown ones and I give her a lazy smile. "Yeah. Storm moved back into my place, so you know how that goes."

"Watch your mouth, missy." She wags her finger at me and I can't help but laugh.

"Sorry, Iris." I say, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"And what did I tell you about calling me by my name? Honey, you've been in this family since you were three. Call me mom or get off my property." She says it seriously, but I know she's only joking. Iris has a very strange sense of humor. She doesn't sound like she's kidding at all, but she means it in the most innocent way. I learned about her humor as I got older, took me a while to understand it. After countless nights of crying because I thought she didn't like me, I had to learn to fully understand her.

And I was adopted, yes. I never knew my real biological family, never really wanted to. Iris and Jade told me I've been in the orphanage my whole life. Something about my real mom was too young to take care of me or some shit. I never wanted to look for her, I got double the moms and they're awesome.

"I only call you Iris because Jade might get jealous that I'm calling you mom so then I'll have to call her mom and then when I say mom you both answer and it will all just be a mess." I ramble, getting my point across. Storm just rolls her eyes next to me and crosses her arms.

Iris narrows her eyes at me. "You get away with that. Come in, kids. It's nippy out there! Your nipples must be rocks!" She moves out of the way of the door and let's us into the hallway.  I roll my eyes at her language now and enter the house with Storm behind me.

"Jade get up. The kids are here!" Iris yells up the stairs.

"Woman, I just got home. I want a nap!" Jade yells back.

"I don't care! Your daughter is here!"

I hear footsteps run out of the room upstairs, down the hallway, and up to the top of the stairs. Jade swiftly moves down the stairs and envelops me in a tight hug. "Honey, I've missed you." She whispers in my ear.

"I've missed you too, Jade. I'm sorry I don't visit more. Work has been...something else." I say, keeping it vague.

Jade let's me go and gives Storm a hug too, exchanging greetings. My mothers are literally the sweetest pair of women I've ever met. No other person could possibly love me as much as these two right here. They are my hero's. They adopted me when no one else really wanted me. Apparently the adoption agency said I was pretty rebellious, but they told them they could take me on easily. Look at me now. Teacher, always wanting to follow the rules, even when a brown eyed bad boy wants me to break them. They're strong women, my moms. I love them.

"Well, dinner is almost ready, so make yourselves comfortable." Iris says, putting a strand of dark brown hair behind her ear. Her blue eyes shining with happiness.

"Still got your Nintendo 64, Iris?!" Storm asks, shoving me out of the way.

"Of course, honey." Iris says,her eyes scrunch in confusion. "Why?"

"Mario Kart bitches!" My best friend screams running to the basement.

Jade's green eyes widen and she suddenly starts running to the basement stairs. "I get the blue controller!"

"I married a child." Iris chuckles, shaking her head.

I shake my head at my playful family and go into the kitchen to get a glass of water. "So how's the job going, sweetheart?" Iris asks, coming in behind me and making her way to the oven to check on dinner.

I take a sip from the glass and lean on the counter. I knew this question was coming. "It's going great, actually. Math is just one of the huge ways to get to teenagers." I sigh sarcastically.

Iris shakes her head and gives me an 'I told you so' look. "I wish you would've became an art teacher, Sorren. You love art."

"I haven't touched a paintbrush since I decorated my apartment." I tell her, chuckling softly.

"Oh whatever. So, any cute teachers? Or even students." Iris wiggles her eyebrows at me and my heart just about stops when she mentions students.

"Iris! Students, really?!" I whisper yell. I do not want Storm hinting to my mother's even more that I might've been involved with a student on more than one occasion. Even Kingdon. They cannot know about Kingdon.

"What? Oh, honey calm down. I was just kidding." She waves her hand at me, her eyes full of humor and mischief. "But, if you do get involved with a student, all I ask is that you be careful. You don't want to get preggers and then the eighteen year old dad runs out because he's not mature enough. 'Cause, Sorren, that is what's going to hurt. He'll say he loves you and shit, but he'll turn around and stab you in the back, and you're left with a baby and no where to go."

I couldn't even speak. I do not believe my mothers words right now. "Di-did that happen to you, Iris. Was I really not adopted after all?" I ask after I found my voice.

She laughs. She actually laughs. "Oh god no! You were adopted, trust me."

"Then what the hell is up with that detailed story of yours?!" I throw my hands up in frustration. This woman drives me nuts.

"Daytime television." Iris stares off, looking at something behind me. I turn around and see nothing. She is literally staring at nothing.

My eyebrows scrunch together. "Mom, what the hell are you looking at?"

Iris shakes her head softly and looks at me. "Nothing. Help me mash the potatoes?"

My mother is freaking crazy. Both of them are. Jade and Storm are like two peas in a pod, if I wasn't already Storm's best friend, I'm sure she's be glued to Jade's hip. They always hang out when we come to visit.

"Sure." I smile and grab the potato masher and start squishing the soft potatoes.

Iris and I start to hear yelling coming from down stairs.

"Get out of the way you old fart!" Storm yells.

"Shut up, butt muncher!"

Jade. Queen of come backs.

Iris and I finish making dinner and call the children up to eat. Jade and Storm didn't like being called children, but continued to pout and whine throughout dinner anyway, like children. Iris and I kept the conversation light and teasing like always, Storm and Jade made it way too easy, but soon joined in.

After dinner was done and we were all stuffed with food, we moved to the living room to nurse our food babies with television.

"Storm, any new guys in your sights?" Jade asks from the couch, her arm around Iris.

My best friend shakes her head and laughs. "I'm done following men around the country. But when they travel the world. Honey, you best believe I'll follow them anywhere."

I smile and poke her shoulder. "Better make him take your best friend too, especially if it's Europe."

Storm holds grabs my hand and stares into my eyes. "My dearest, bestest friend. I wouldn't dream of going to Europe without you."

"You better mean that." I tell her. She knows Europe is the number one place I want to visit one day. If I could, I would take a year off to travel my ass off, going from city to city, just me and my backpack. I've actually been saving up for it. Currently I have enough for a summer in Europe, which is good. But it's hard being a teacher and wanting to take a year off to travel without quitting. I'll have to work something out soon, or just spend next summer there and live with that.

"Yeah, Storm. If you go without Sorren she'll have your head." Iris laughs.

"Why would I lie?" Storm smiles, resting her head on the couch.

"Because despite being best friends, I know you'll say anything to shut me up." I giggle.

Her face scrunches up. "God, it's like you know me."

I roll my eyes and start to get up from the floor. "Alright mothers. I think it's time we head out."

Iris and Jade immediately get up with frowns on their face. They hate it when I leave because they feel like it takes forever for me to visit again, which it does, but I have a job that takes up a good amount of my time these days.

"Seriously?" Iris pouts.

"Iris, I promise to visit again within the next couple of weeks. Work has just been a bitch lately." I walk up to her and hug her closely, she hugs me back tightly.

"You better, young lady. Or else we will be forced to come over there." She pulls away and takes a step back towards Storm, moving so Jade can give me a hug next.

I laugh and give Jade a hug, kissing her cheek after. "That won't be necessary, Iris. I'll be back soon."

Storm and I finish our goodbyes and leave my mother's house, talking about when we are going to visit again. Storm wants to see them more often just because of the fact that she's hardly been around the past few years and barely gets to see her second family.

We get back to the apartment and part ways, going to our separate rooms. I snuggle in my bed with my laptop close and Netflix up and running. I start watching Grease an old classic and one of my favorites. Soon enough I doze off with the lyrics of Summer Nights surrounding me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there's the new update.

I'm sorry for updating so slowly guys, I got a new job, life in general is a little hectic, and I haven't really wanted to write often. Slow updates will be happening, I'm sorry.

But thank you for reading, if you did <3 I love you

:) -FallenTorment16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 10.6K 31
"Your sarcasm is cute, but you don't have to use it so often." He was smiling. "This is a pretty open place to meet your student." "Which is true."...
1.4M 31.9K 32
What if your parents forced you to get married? What if that one your going to marry is a teacher at your school who you know has a crush on you? Tha...
2.6K 81 16
A 18 year old girl in her last year of high school had sex with her English teacher. She thought this would be a one time thing but it turned out it...
101K 1.5K 39
Story about a two people who meet unexpectedly. Will they fall in love?