Her Rabbit (Fruits Basket)

By AnimeOtaku01

Hinata is taken in by Kyoko and Tohru when they found her abandoned. Hinata, only being a year behind Tohru... More

Hinata Honda
Change
Shigure The Pervert
Rich Man
Kagura
Dying Sunflower
Blonde Hair and Contagious Smile
Visit
Bunny Boy?
Expedition
Yaaaaay!
Make a Wish and Seal it With a Kiss
Sick Birthdays
Weird Days
Bunny Love
Hot Spring
Yay High School.
Memories
Texts
Holy Bunnies!
As Long As I'm Here
You Failed
Skip Because Author-chan Isn't Very Interesting and You Don't Want To Read
PLEASE READ!
Horrible
Early Morning Madness
Typical Author Moment
Revelation and Promise
Hiro and Kisa
Dinner Picture
Changes Aren't Always Nice
Pain
I'm Here
Almost
Beach Part 1
Beach Part 2:The Arrival of Akito
Beach Part 3:Tears and Wounds
The Beginning of the End
Cold
Meet Again
Sequel

Kisa

6K 180 65
By AnimeOtaku01

"Class welcome Hideaki Hayashi, he is a transfer student from America."

His name is Japanese but he comes from America? I pondered as Momiji's head snapped up.

He is always looking to befriend people...

A familiar boy walked in. Curly brown hair, green eyes, and pale skin held an exotic feature that clearly showed Japanese ethnicity.

I remembered it was the boy from the lake who walked along the trail in the forest.

Apparently, he also remembered. He looked shocked for a moment before giving a tilt of his head and smile of acknowledgement.

Not wanting to be rude, I smiled back before going back to my book.

"Pleased to meet you. Please take care of me." He said in a smooth, friendly voice.

"I need someone to show Hideaki around the school. Volunteers?"

All the girls in unison, shot their hands up so fast, I swore I saw a girl twist her wrist.

"Miss Honda, please accompany him around the school."

"Yes ma'am." I mentally winced seeing glares from girls. Freaking piranhas. I shuddered.

Thanks for giving everyone another reason to hate me. I thought sarcastically.

Momiji seemed to be thinking along the same lines as me. He was staring at the boy with suspicious eyes.

I sent Momiji a small, reassuring smile as Hideaki went to sit at his seat which was coincidentally surrounded by girls

I almost felt bad for the guy. Almost.
____________________________

I shuffled awkwardly, Hideaki following me while Momiji flanked by my side.

I pointed out classrooms, libraries, and the occasional hang out quietly as Momiji, to my surprise, seemed to dislike the new boy. The little looks of distaste he threw at Hideaki didn't escape my vision.

I sent him a confused glance when he forced another smile at Hideaki, who seemed blissfully unaware of the apparent dislike Momiji radiated.

I sighed in relief as the final stop came into view.

"This is the office. You probably won't really need to do much in here except ask questions or pick something up." I explained.

"It was nice meeting you Hayashi-san. I hope you enjoy your stay at this school." I said softly, bowing before straightening up.

"It was nice to meet you too Honda-san, thanks for showing me around." he said 'Honda' almost distastefully.

I tugged on Momiji's sleeve as we quickly exited the school, expecting the warm sunshine.

Oh.

It was raining.

Momiji burst out laughing at my disgruntled, surprised face. I have him a tiny glare though the smile on my face did little threat.

Damn that contagious smile.

The torrent of rain immediately soaked us to the bone and plastered our hair to our faces. Momiji looked up at the gray clouds thoughtfully.

"I brought an umbrella, but we'll have to share." He said cautiously, a tiny blush rising on his creme colored cheeks.

I felt my cheeks heat up, I looked down and nodded sheepishly.

You shouldn't be thinking this way! Not only because he's your best friend, what if Akito finds out you big idiot?! My self conscious scolded.

Yet, as we walked under the rain to Shigure's home, I couldn't help but think,

Sharing an umbrella in Japan, is the sign of a romantic gesture.

_____________________________

"Kisa?" I blinked at Hatsuharu, confused as he held a kitten that looked suspiciously like a tiger who was trying to eat his hands.

"Yeah." Hatsuharu nodded. Hearing my voice, the kitten struggled fiercely.

I lowered my voice. "Kisa. Calm down." I said gently. Slowly, she began to stop struggling and biting Haru.

"May I?" I asked them.

Kisa stayed silent as Haru shrugged and handed her wrapped in a towel to me.

I gently ran the towel down her damp fur, succeeding in getting her to relax. She was almost asleep-

"Aw what a cute kitty!" Tohru cried walking in.

Kisa jolted back to attention and stared at the brunette warningly.

Tohru, being the oblivious airhead she is, reached out to pet her.

"Wait!" I cried.

To late. Kisa bit her.

"Ow." Tohru whispered rubbing her hand.

I sighed and picked Kisa up to my eye level.

"Kisa, that wasn't very nice." I chided gently. The tiger avoided contact with me and I rolled my eyes before going back to stroking her damp fur.

Momiji watched the exchange with interest. "Shouldn't Kisa apologize?" He asked with a tilt of his head, that seemed to grow bunny ears.

I eyed him curiously. "I don't think she likes to talk. She's been silent since I've met her."

"Yeah, Hatori said its a sickness of the heart. She locked away her speech ability." Haru said blankly, leaning towards Yuki.

"First that, then she doesn't want to go to school, now she won't even go home. I was searching for her out in the rain."

"The only question is how she came to be like that." Yuki muttered.

"She was bullied." Haru said.

Kisa reached over and bit his arm.

"Ouch. That hurts a lot," Haru said blankly,"what? You're mad? Don't meddle? Don't you know how much we worry? Your parents are looking for you right now." He said calmly.

Kisa, agitated, jumped out of my arms and ran out the door.

I shook my head and hurriedly grabbed an oversized shirt that belonged to Tohru and the towel.

"Couldn't you have waited to say that when it wasn't pouring?" I muttered.

I followed the path a panicked Tohru ran and walked up to see a crying group in the rain.

I turned and glared at Yuki and Momiji.

"Look away, perverts." I scolded. Yuki chuckled and turned away while Momiji just shrugged and held an umbrella while covering his eyes.

I wrapped Kisa in a towel and dried her off in the protection of the roof and slipped the oversized shirt on. She remained silent the whole time, biting her thumb and looking down with teary eyes as the others explained to her mother that Kisa should stay here for a while.

Momiji held an umbrella and helped me guide the shaken girl inside where I could get her more clothes. We left her in the bathroom to change and sat outside the door.

Momiji shook his once again wet blonde curls, efficiently spraying me.

I glared at him before smirking evilly and tackling him with a towel. Wet and all.

"No, have mercy on me Heart Girl!" He cried struggling playfully.

"No way. You will fall by my hand Bunny Boy." I laughed evilly before pulling back and smiling innocently, despite the fact I just got him as wet as me.

He gave me a playfully bitter look and pouted.

I grinned at him, not at all remorseful of my actions, and leaned onto his back. He was just like a pillow. He shook his head. "Since when am I your pillow?"

"As of right now." I said matter of factly. "Stop complaining. You know you love it." He chuckled and muttered something in German.

"Von allen Menschen, fallen für sie hatte Sie, huh Herz-Mädchen zu sein?"

"I didn't understand a word you just said." I frowned up at him.

Wait, frowned up?! I used to be taller than him! Now that I think about it, he seems to be getting taller and taller. No fair!
_____________________________

The next few days passed by with Kisa either following Tohru or me and Momiji.

Momiji didn't seemed to mind, in fact he was quite happy with the extra attention from his cousin.

Although her current predicament puzzled me. How much longer would she go without speaking?

After a particularly long day of school, Momiji still seemed to have enough energy to go to the park.

I swear dropped as he ran, shouting with other kids. Just a moment ago he was whining about being tired and resting his head on my lap.

"Onee-chan, Onii-chan." A tiny voice called out. Momiji froze and turned to the voice.

I followed suit to see Tohru standing next to Kisa, beaming proudly as Kisa smiled and called out again.

Looks like I was worried for nothing. I thought as I patted her head with a smile.

____________________________

GOMENAZI! *bows repeatedly* I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS HORRIBLE!

Exams are coming up and I'm rushing to study >.< please excuse this horrible chapter.

PLEASE READ!!!

Dear readers, (if I have any XD) I need your help on something! I'm planning on 1 in every two chapters to be a completely made up Momiji and Hinata chapter. Problem is, I need ideas >~< so I ask you wonderfully creative readers to tell me ideas! PLEEEEEEEASE! *falls to knees and bows* HELP ME READERS! YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE! XD I'm sorry, I'm weird.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711 3 18
Sakura Suzuki is Tohru Honda's best friend and rich big sister figure her entire life. Like Tohru, Sakura lives out on her own, with her, not bother...
15.7K 335 15
A year after Toru and Kyo leave, Momiji is left sad and feeling more lonely than ever. Free yet alone. The girl he wanted is gone and he still hasn't...
8.6K 81 4
This story is meant for a mature audience, if you are younger than the age of 16 please read something else. • Characters belong to Natsuki Takaya •...
11.2K 554 17
"Even when the world doesn't need us, we live for the people who do" "So do you need me?" "Of course I do." A warm smiled graced her features as sh...