Secret (Alec Lightwood)

Oleh werecoyote9653

Charlotte just moved to the New York Institute after living her entire life in Idris. She never expected to n... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Note
Chapter 36
Extra
Extra 2
SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS UP

Chapter 8

19.7K 427 98
Oleh werecoyote9653

Right after dinner that night, I go to my room and grab my demon hunting clothes.

"Hey," Izzy says from the doorway. "Come with me for a minute."

"Can it wait? I've gotta change."

"I know, that's why I want you to come."

I sigh and put the dress on my bed and follow her to her room, where there's a red dress on a hanger perched on a door.

"Try that on."

I stare at the dress for a minute, it's a little more revealing than the one I have.

"It's better for demons. Plus, no blood stains if you get cut."

I shrug. "I guess." I take the dress, go into the bathroom, and change. Once I'm changed I walk out into the bedroom. "You're obviously very comfortable with your body."

She shrugs. "You look great. You can keep that for hunting, if you want."

"I'll see how it works out."

She nods with a smile. "Okay, go finish getting ready."

I nod and go back to my room. I put my stele and dagger into my tall black boots, then check myself in the mirror. Once I'm satisfied that it'll work for demons, I head downstairs to the weaponry.

"Hey," Alec says to me with a smile.

"Hey."

"Did Izzy give that to you?"

I nod.

"Figures. She's very comfortable with her body. Watch out, or she'll start giving you advice on where to put your runes, too."

"Where does she put her runes?"

"Strange places."

I shake my head.

"So," he says, obviously trying to change the topic. "Maybe we could consider this our second date."

I smile slightly. "Sure."

His smile grows a little.

Izzy and Jace enter the room, weapons by their sides.

"Ready?" Jace asks.

Alec and I nod, and the four of us head out towards Pandemonium.

Once we get there and get in, Izzy grabs my arm. "Come on, let's go find some demons."

I glance at Alec before quickly nodding and following her.

We go over to a couple of guys who have changed their appearance twice in the last five minutes.

"Hey," I say in a flirty voice with a smile on my face as I twirl a piece of hair around my finger.

"Hi," the eidolon says to me with a smile. He's currently shifted into someone right about my age.

Izzy smiles and waves at another one of them, and he smiles and waves back.

"My friend and I were looking to have some fun," she says. "You guys interested?"

The eidolons smile and nod as we lead them into the same supply closet we brought the vampires to a couple of days ago.

As soon as the door closes, I take my dagger out and stab one of them, causing it to disintegrate.

Izzy smacks the other one with a whip as the room fills with several more of them.

We fight constantly for nearly ten minutes, until they're all gone.

I realize Jace and Alec entered the room at some point during the fight, since Alec shoots the last of them with his bow.

Alec looks at me for a moment. "You cut your arm."

I shrug. "It'll heal." I take my stele out of my boot and draw a healing rune on my arm.

Izzy takes my stele from my hand after I've drawn the rune and slides it back into my boot. "You two, go."

"Go where?" Alec asks.

"You guys are at a club, and you're dating. Go clubbing."

I roll my eyes. "Izzy-"

"Just go."

Alec looks at me. "You wanna?"

I shrug. "If you wanna, I'll go."

He shrugs. "Why not?" He grabs my arm and leads me out of the room, into the crowd of people. "I did ask you to save me a dance earlier, correct?"

I laugh a little. "You don't have to be so formal. Plus, you don't say stuff like that in a club, or about a club."

He shrugs. "Wanna dance?"

"I can't dance."

"Neither can I, but we can hide in the crowd of people and sway from side to side. Looks to be what half these people are doing."

I burst out laughing. "Sure, let's go."

He leads me into the crowd of people and stops walking after a minute.

"Do I have to sway or can I just stand here?" I ask.

He sighs in relief. "Oh thank god I thought I was gonna have to do it."

I laugh and look around at all the people. I see Izzy and Jace slip out the door, but before she leaves Izzy sees me and winks then runs out the door. "Well," I sigh while turning back to Alec, "Izzy and Jace just left."

He shrugs. "I'm surprised Izzy left, she's always here looking around."

Someone taps me on the shoulder, and I turn around and see a normal guy. At least, he looks normal. "Hey," he says to me with a smile. "Wanna dance?"

"Actually," Alec says while grabbing my arm, "she's with me."

"I think we should let her answer," the guys says while glaring at Alec for a second then returning his attention to me.

"No thanks," I answer. How can he even see me? I've got my invisibility rune on. He must be something. Maybe a werewolf, or a Shadowhunter.

"Come on, just one dance?"

I shake my head. "No, I'm with him." I point to Alec.

"Come on," Alec says, "let's go find somewhere away from this lunatic."

I nod and follow him as he drags me though the crowd of people. "This is why I hate wearing revealing stuff, so many pervs show up and try to get me to sleep with them."

He sighs. "I'm not the biggest fan of that either."

"You wanna just go somewhere else?"

"Like where?"

I shrug. "I could quickly go back to the Institute and change, then we could go hang out somewhere."

He shrugs. "Sure."

The guy from earlier walks up to us again. "Sorry I was being impolite earlier."

"I'm not interested," I answer. "Go find someone else to sleep with."

"I'm not looking for that, I'm looking for someone kind and pretty to call my girlfriend."

I roll my eyes. "Not interested. And did you really think a nightclub was the best place to look for that?"

He shrugs. "Well, I found you here."

"That's enough," Alec says while grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him. "I don't know who or what you are, but you'd better back off. Now." He turns to me. "Come on, let's go." He practically drags me out of the club, but it's not technically dragging me since I'm walking pretty quickly.

"That was highly uncomfortable," I say while making sure that the guy didn't follow us out.

"You weren't actually gonna fall for that crap, were you?"

I shake my head. "No, I'm not stupid. Besides, I'm dating you."

He smiles slightly. "C'mon, let's get you back to the Institute so you can change."

I smile slightly and nod as we walk back to the Institute.

"I'll wait here," he says once we enter the weaponry.

I nod and quickly go up to my room, change into normal clothes, then go back down to the weaponry.

"Hey," he says once I'm back into the room. "At least now demons are less likely to hit on you. I mean, I'm sure some will because I mean, look at you, but now that you're less revealed-"

I chuckle. "I get it. Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know, we'll just wander around and look for a place to go."

He chuckles. "Works for me."

We exit the Institute and walk around for a while.

"New York is so pretty at night," I say while looking around. "So many lights and stuff."

"Yeah," he says with a slight smile. "It is really pretty. But not as pretty as you."

I chuckle. "Cheesy. And adorable."

"Well I did eat a slice of pizza earlier, there was some cheese on that. Must be where the cheesiness came from."

I burst out laughing. "You're hilarious."

He shrugs, a smile plastered on his face. "I try."

I smile at him. "You know, when I first came here I wanted to block myself off from people and focus on my training only."

"What happened to that?"

I turn my head to face him. "I met you. You kinda just... I don't know how to describe it. I hadn't thought about anyone this way in a very long time. But then I met you."

He stops walking and turns to face me. He puts one hand on my waist and another on the side of my face as he leans towards me and presses his lips to mine.

I kiss him back and we stand there for a moment, until I pull away to breathe.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asks me. "Like, officially?"

I nod. "Of course I will."

We continue to walk around for a while, his arm still around me, until we find our way back to the Institute.

"Where were you two?" Izzy asks as soon as we walk inside. How does she always know exactly where to be at the exact time that we show up?

"We were walking around, Izzy," Alec sighs.

"At quarter of midnight?"

"Why are you even up?"

"Because I wanted to see what was taking you two so long. I thought you were still at Pandemonium."

I shake my head. "This guy kept hitting on me, so we had to leave. Plus, neither of us can dance and we weren't gonna just stand there."

She chuckles. "We're gonna talk in the morning."

I sigh. "Fine."

She smiles slightly and walks off.

"Sorry about her," Alec says while turning to face me.

"Totally fine, don't worry about it."

He smiles at me. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

I smile back. "You'll see me tomorrow."

**A/n hey guys! So, I'm posting a lot because I just spent like an hour writing and I might not have a lot of time to for a few days because I go back to school tomorrow :( but here's a chapter and I'll try my hardest to do more writing for y'all tomorrow. You're all epic and I'm so happy that so many people are loving the book!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

276K 16.3K 38
π€ππŽπ‘πˆπ€ | No way out, nothingness, or the impenetrable. A puzzle or something puzzling. Esmerelda spent the school year dog-hunting after discov...
682K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
54.1K 1.6K 23
Harry potter is done. You hear me, he's done. Even after defeating Voldemort and saving them before then countless of time, he couldn't believe that...
888K 41.1K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...