Chapter 26

I'm blindfolded and brought to someplace I don't know, and when the blindfold is finally removed I see a rather familiar face.

Jake.

"Hey beautiful," he says with a smile on his face.

"Fuck off," I say while putting my hands on my stomach and looking at Valentine. "If you injured my baby at any point I'll kill you."

"Baby?"

I turn to look at Jake again. "Yes, I'm pregnant. And my baby isn't going to have a father, because he left me."

"I can be the father."

"I'd rather kill myself."

"Charlotte, you're seventeen. You're not ready to be a parent on your own."

"You will have nothing to do with my baby's life."

"Neither will their father."

I punch him across the face. "DON'T FUCKING REMIND ME!" I kick him in the stomach. "Don't fucking remind me that I lost the only thing that gave my life anything worth living!" I kick him in the side, since he fell down on the ground. "Don't remind me that Alec's gone!"

He slowly sits up and looks at me. "Babe, he isn't coming back. He doesn't love you anymore."

"Shut up. And don't call me babe."

"Charlotte, listen to me. Take a deep breath."

"Why should I listen to you?"

"Because I love you. Unlike this Alec guy."

I shake my head and kick him again. "Shut the hell up. You don't get to talk about Alec." I turn to Valentine. "Why am I here?"

Valentine smiles. "You're a new member of the new Circle."

I shake my head. "No I'm not."

"It isn't a choice, Charlotte."

I swing to punch him across the face, but he grabs my fist.

"You've gotta be quicker than that."

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"You're the best Shadowhunter in the world. Not in Idris, in the world. I need you. I'll give you anything you want, all you have to do is name it. I can get your lost love for you, once we get the Mortal Cup you two can live happily ever after here."

I shake my head. "I don't want Alec back."

"If he ran up to you right now and apologized, wouldn't you take him back?"

"He hurt me."

"That isn't an answer."

"No, I wouldn't take him back. He hurt me too much."

--

"Valentine," Jake says while walking up to the evil Shadowhunter.

"Yes?" Valentine asks.

"I'd like to make a deal."

"Let's hear it."

"I know the most powerful Shadowhunter there is. Charlotte Stolon."

"Get to the point, lycanthrope."

"I can get her for you. But I want something in exchange."

"Which is?"

"I want you to make her love me. Unconditionally."

"That's it?"

He nods. "That's all I want."

"So it shall be done. Get her to me."

--

"You can come peacefully or I'll take you in by force," Valentine says.

"Fucking make me," I say.

He takes out a stele and draws a rune on my skin, faster than I can comprehend. "Join me."

"Haven't I already? I am still here, aren't I?"

He smiles. "Good."

I turn to Jake. "I'm so sorry about saying I love Alec and hurting you, are you okay?"

Jake nods. "I'm fine."

I hug him. "I love you. I've always loved you, and I don't know why I said I didn't."

"I love you too, Char."

**A/N hey guys! I know I did a lot of updating today, that was to make up for days I didn't. I'm gonna update every time there's a new episode from now on (yes I'm going with the show instead of the book, it's just easier for me)