Chapter 8

Right after dinner that night, I go to my room and grab my demon hunting clothes.

"Hey," Izzy says from the doorway. "Come with me for a minute."

"Can it wait? I've gotta change."

"I know, that's why I want you to come."

I sigh and put the dress on my bed and follow her to her room, where there's a red dress on a hanger perched on a door.

"Try that on."

I stare at the dress for a minute, it's a little more revealing than the one I have.

"It's better for demons. Plus, no blood stains if you get cut."

I shrug. "I guess." I take the dress, go into the bathroom, and change. Once I'm changed I walk out into the bedroom. "You're obviously very comfortable with your body."

She shrugs. "You look great. You can keep that for hunting, if you want."

"I'll see how it works out."

She nods with a smile. "Okay, go finish getting ready."

I nod and go back to my room. I put my stele and dagger into my tall black boots, then check myself in the mirror. Once I'm satisfied that it'll work for demons, I head downstairs to the weaponry.

"Hey," Alec says to me with a smile.

"Hey."

"Did Izzy give that to you?"

I nod.

"Figures. She's very comfortable with her body. Watch out, or she'll start giving you advice on where to put your runes, too."

"Where does she put her runes?"

"Strange places."

I shake my head.

"So," he says, obviously trying to change the topic. "Maybe we could consider this our second date."

I smile slightly. "Sure."

His smile grows a little.

Izzy and Jace enter the room, weapons by their sides.

"Ready?" Jace asks.

Alec and I nod, and the four of us head out towards Pandemonium.

Once we get there and get in, Izzy grabs my arm. "Come on, let's go find some demons."

I glance at Alec before quickly nodding and following her.

We go over to a couple of guys who have changed their appearance twice in the last five minutes.

"Hey," I say in a flirty voice with a smile on my face as I twirl a piece of hair around my finger.

"Hi," the eidolon says to me with a smile. He's currently shifted into someone right about my age.

Izzy smiles and waves at another one of them, and he smiles and waves back.

"My friend and I were looking to have some fun," she says. "You guys interested?"

The eidolons smile and nod as we lead them into the same supply closet we brought the vampires to a couple of days ago.

As soon as the door closes, I take my dagger out and stab one of them, causing it to disintegrate.

Izzy smacks the other one with a whip as the room fills with several more of them.

We fight constantly for nearly ten minutes, until they're all gone.