Chapter 6

Alec and I walk back into the Institute laughing. "He seriously made a warlock punch a werewolf?" I ask.

He nods. "Jace is one tough cookie, not afraid of anything."

"Obviously not. He never really was, actually."

"Hey," Izzy says from across the room.

"Iz, give us a minute?" Alec asks.

"You've had plenty of minutes."

He sighs. "Please?"

"I'm just kidding." She stands and walks out of the room.

"I had a really good time," I say to him with a smile.

"So did I," he says while smiling back. "Wanna do it again sometime?"

"I'd love to."

"Awesome. I'll see you around." He stares at me for a second before walking off.

Wait, was he gonna kiss me or something? Oh my god, what if he was? No, he probably wasn't.

"So," Izzy says while walking back into the room. "How'd it go?"

"It was good..." I answer vaguely. Something about her, the look on her face... it isn't sitting right with me. "What'd you do?"

"What do you mean what'd I do?"

"You have a look on your face that says that you did something."

She shrugs. "All I did while you were gone was a little bit of training and some reading."

"What'd you read about?"

"It wasn't exactly reading, I was looking up some runes in the Gray Book."

I nod, though I'm not sure if I fully believe her. Ugh, what am I saying? I hardly even know this girl. She's probably innocent and I'm just being paranoid. "I'm gonna go change, I'll drop your clothes off in your room."

"Wait, you've gotta tell me about the date!"

I chuckle. "It wasn't anything exciting, we saw a movie then came back."

"What movie did you see?"

"The Departed."

"What was it about?"

"There was this cop, and he met with this other guy, and they attempted to stop an Irish gang in south Boston. And they were both trying to figure each other out."

She nods. "Did he hold your hand?"

"No."

"Did he kiss you?"

I sigh. "No, he didn't. Do we need to play a million questions?"

"I've got all the information I need. Go get changed and drop off my clothes."

I nod and head up to my room to change into my pajamas, which are just a pair of gray sweatpants and a black tank-top. I ball up Izzy's clothes and bring them over to her room.

"Thanks," she says while tossing the clothes into a laundry hamper. "Can I ask you something?"

I nod. "Yeah, go ahead."

"So, you and Alec are gonna go out again, right?"

I nod again. "Yeah, why?"

She sighs. "I really don't wanna do this but I feel like I have to. Please don't hurt my brother."

"I won't hurt him."

"Good. Because you seem really awesome and I wanna be your friend but I can't if you hurt my brother."

"I won't hurt him. I promise."

She smiles. "Okay, go to sleep. You've had a long day."

I nod. "Night." I walk out of the room and go over to mine.

I lay down on my bed with a sigh. Today was eventful. I found Jace for the first time in forever, got to do some training and talk with Izzy, and I went on a great date with Alec. I really like him, I hope we become like, a thing. Maybe we will. What am I saying? I've known the guy for just over a day or two. Whatever happens will happen.

And I guess I'll just have to wait.