saving mitch ↠ scömìche

By ashlxy-

〝 "scott?" i said quietly, gaining his attention. "hm?" scott mumbled. i sat next to him and we didn't look a... More

• prologue •
one ↠ photography
two ↠ inner delicacy
three ↠ a waterfall and a confession
four ↠ travis
five ↠ party time
six ↠ realization
seven ↠ avoiding
eight ↠ i'm sorry
nine ↠ just friends
ten ↠ arguments
eleven ↠ alex
twelve ↠ christmas eve
thirteen ↠ christmas day
fourteen ↠ mistletoe
fifteen ↠ starbucks
author's note ↠ i'm so sorry
sixteen ↠ break
seventeen ↠ pillow
eighteen ↠ new year's eve
nineteen ↠ sleep
twenty ↠ 48
twenty one ↠ 53
twenty three ↠ home
twenty four ↠ end
• epilogue •
a/n: defect is here!
a/n: PTX FANFIC AWARDS!

twenty two ↠ wake

1.8K 110 171
By ashlxy-

don't say you're sorry
you never had to be alone
To The River | Pentatonix

Mitch Grassi's POV

Staring at Scott as Kirstie blabbered on and on about whatever, I slightly jumped when I felt his hand that was entwined in my own twitch.

"Mitch? What happened?" She stared at me and his hand. "Uh, I don't know..." I looked to Scott's face, and he was furrowing his eyebrows. "What the hell? Is that supposed to happen?" I asked, my heartbeat suddenly picking up as a stray tear pricked out of the corner of my eye.

Kirstie rushed out of the room, most likely to get some nurse or doctor, and I slightly shook Scott's hand. He twitched it again, and when he did, a male doctor and Kirstie came running through the door as the doctor looked at the blond on the bed. It had been nearly a month — I was surprised when I felt movement, to say the very least.

"This..." The doctor started. "Is actually a very, very good sign," he grinned.

He did whatever he needed to, and as I stared in awe, the only thing I saw as the doctor continued testing him was the flutter of Scott's eyes opening. I froze, staring at him as his eyes lazily scanned the room, and I didn't stop staring as my mouth was slightly opened, more than just a tear or two falling from my cheekbones. Oh my God.

"S–Scott?" I whispered so quietly that I was pondering if he even heard me. I didn't even spare a look at Kirstie as the doctor was slightly smiling, but soon he left the room, probably to get what Scott needed very much.

"Hi," Scott's voice was lower than normal. It was more groggy and tired. He must have been tired, very.

"H–hi," I whispered once more. I slowly stood up, and I looked at him, "May I hug you?"

He looked down at himself, moved a little, but then groaned in what seemed to be, pain. I bit my lower lip, knowing that was probably a no. The doctor returned with some other nurses, and I took that as a cue for me and Kirstie to leave, so she dragged me outside and embraced me in a giant hug as I sobbed of happiness into her shoulder.

"He's okay, Kirst," I murmured, clutching her. "Yeah. So why are you crying?" She smiled at me once I let go. "He's okay! That's why!"

She slightly chuckled, then we peaked inside the room. Scott was seeming a little drowsy, so he laid his head back on his white hospital pillow as three doctors crowded his bed, and him.

"That must be uncomfortable," Kirstie noted. I nodded in agreement, not speaking. Soon, after awhile, the doctors left the room and the one I talked to before told me we could go inside. So we did.

Scott was asleep again. I think it meant that I could, too, since I hadn't slept properly in weeks. I sat in one of the extremely uncomfortable hospital chairs, then sighed as I tried to make myself as comfy as I could get, closing my brown eyes. Kirstie must've left, since I didn't hear her following me.

Taking a deep intake of breath, I tried my best to fall asleep. And although it was uncomfortably, I did.

***

"Mitch?" Kirstie shook me awake. I opened my loopy eyes, then up at her as she smirked wickedly. Oh God, what is she up to now?

"What?" I asked cautiously. "Scott's up," she whispered, which instantly made me jolt up. She then strutted out of the room as I looked at a completely awake and confused Scott.

"Scott?" I whispered.

He looked to me slowly, then furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who are you?"

I widened my eyes, tears nearly falling out of them, before Scott started to laugh and then frowned, "I was kidding, Mitch! How could I forget you?"

I glared at him, clearly angry, and he let his arms out. I stared at him, then obliged and fell into his arms as he pulled me against him. I sniffled, then I felt his chest slightly heave, and I looked up at him to see him crying a little. "Scott? Scott, what's wrong?" I asked, wiping his tears away, even though I had some of my own.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I shouldn't have made us go to San Francisco. I shouldn't have been so persistent. We don't even need to go get that goddamn picture now, okay?" Scott sniffled. I smiled a little, "Scott," I said, taking the camera from the table next to the hospital's bed, "I did it for you."

Scott looked at me, then to the camera. He picked it up, turned it on and went through the recent photos. "Oh, Mitch," he grinned. "It's amazing!"

I blushed slightly, shrugging, "It was nothing."

"Nothing? I'm positive you take better pictures than I do!" Scott exclaimed. "Did you go through my pictures by any chance?" He asked nervously. I furrowed my eyebrows, "No, why?"

"N–no reason," he said, quickly turning the thing off. "What time is it, anyways?" I asked.

"It's almost 4 in the morning," Scott sighed. "I begged Kirstie not to wake you. But she did. And I'm sorry for that."

I shrugged, "No big deal. Not like I was comfortable anyways."

Scott frowned, "Come sleep with me on this bed," he said. I laughed, since that bed was small, and his frown only got deeper. "Both of us wouldn't fit. I'm fine with sleeping on the chair, Scottland."

"Yeah, well, I'm not," he declared, scooting over so there was room for me. I sighed, then sat on the bed, not laid. "I won't sleep here. I probably won't even sleep at all."

"You have to, Mitch," he narrowed his eyes. "Fine, fine," I sighed. "On the chair."

He rolled his eyes, "Fine, but here," he said, throwing me two of the three pillows on that bed and the top blanket. "At least do something with those."

I smiled, walked up to him as I set the items down, and grinned at him.

Scott sat up and leaned into me, our faces only centimeters apart, and we never stopped staring into each other's eyes. Soon, he grabbed my face with the both of his hands gently and pulled me towards him, connecting our lips. I melted against the kiss, my hands going to his chest and trailing up to his neck. I pulled him closer as well, and even though I didn't want to stop the kiss, I did. I pulled away, kissed his cheek softly, and went back to the chairs and sat down in one as I basically made a slightly more comfy bed out of the pillows and blankets. "Goodnight, Scotty," I said.

"Goodnight, Mitchie," Scott whispered back.

***

The next morning, I wasn't as uncomfortable as I was the nights before, but I still would've rather been in my bed. I groaned as I sat up from my rather awkward position, and looked to Scott, glad he was asleep. I got up, checked my phone, noticing it was just nearing nine in the morning.

I walked outside and to Kirstie, but when I did, she seemed to be gone, as well as some workers. Oh well.

I went back inside of his room, closed the door and looked at Scott with a smile. He then started to frown, his eyebrows furrowed, and then I became worried. Is he dreaming of something bad? Should I wake him?

He seemed like he was uncomfortable, and so I went to wake up him up. Shaking him awake gently, I whispered his name multiple times. He woke up and stared at me, then sighed of relief. I stared back in complete confusion as he suddenly pulled me to him and kissed me. Must've been something bad. I stopped the kiss, then frowned as he sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting next to him on the bed. "How much longer do we have to be here?" He asked. "I hate hospitals," he muttered.

I shrugged, "Don't know. But I'll ask the next time that doctor comes in."

As if on cue, the doctor did exactly that. Entering the room, we saw the doctor we've seen too many times.

"Scott Hoying," he grinned, "How are you feeling?"

He shrugged, "Fine, I guess."

He nodded, "Good, good."

Before anyone else could speak, I did. "When is he getting out?"

"How about we get him out of here in an hour? We still have to run some tests, to see if his concussion has decreased," he smiled politely. I shrugged, and Scott nodded. "Okay."

"How's that arm of yours?" The doctor asked. I took the moment to look at his name tag when he turned. Ben B.

"It's doing better," he shrugged. "This comes off soon, right?" Scott referred to his cast on his left arm.

He nodded, "Soon, indeed. Anything wrong with your ribs?"

He shook his head, "No problems yet. Probably because I haven't left this bed."

He nodded again, "Maybe we should get you to walk once?"

Scott slightly got up as I scurried off of the bed, and I stared at him. "I'm here to help if needed," I said. He nodded, then winced. I almost went to help him, but I restrained myself.

"Oh, this hurts like hell," he muttered, slightly standing but almost fell if it weren't for me. I held him up when I basically sprinted to him, "Looks like you'll need my help some."

He smirked, "Yeah."

I blushed a little, because just staring at him made me do so. I stopped, then looked to the ground as his arm was around me. His good arm.

"We can prescribe some pain pills for, well, everything," he smiled. "But for now, all you have to do is avoid going anywhere, really. That young man can help you around," he said, looking at me.

He nodded, "Alright."

"Okay," Scott said after some silence. "Let's get back to that bed," he cringed, probably at the pain.

I nodded, helping him back in his bed. He sighed and bit his lip, probably to stop from screaming. It hurt to see him like that.

As he laid in that bed, I slightly smiled once he didn't look like he was in pain.

***

a/n:: MITCH DYED HIS HAIR WHAt

JFC MITCH WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THIS FANDOm

okay btw you're welcome for this chapter <3 lol bye((-:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4.7K 113
I'm Scott Hoying, and I'm top alpha. Not just in my pack, but in the council as well. My omega is Mitch and he is stronger then you think. This is no...
6.2K 244 33
COMPLETED 17 year old Scott Hoying's mother is shot dead before his eyes. He is forced to live with his physically abusive father who had abandoned S...
1.4K 57 4
"But I don't want you to go." The poor boy's voice sounded so small, so broken. He was desperate, and if it weren't for his leg injury, he would have...
8.9K 463 27
Mitchell Grassi, abuse, rape, suicide victim and survivor. The road to recovery is long, and no one knows it better than he does. With his secret cru...