A Hero or a Talon?

By DC_lover

After the death of his parents, Dick Grayson is taken in by his Uncle and trained to be a Talon. He has been... More

Prologue
The Dark Knight
A Criminal
Mount Justice
The Joker
The Batcave
Random Acts of Kindness
Reminders of the Past
Meet the Team
Infiltrator
Bonds
A New Home
The Blue Boy Scout
Terrors of the Day
Downtime
Bereft
Restless Nights
Homefront
Alpha Male
Day Off
Season 3
Revelation
Failsafe
(Insert Clever Title Name)
Family Reunion
The End

Gotham City

14.1K 480 76
By DC_lover

Gotham. This was the place where Dicks life ended. Where he lost everything he ever cared about. This probably seemed like the worst place he could be, but it was the only place he wanted to be. It was the last place his parents ever were. It was where they were buried. He had to be here.

His uncle probably had already discovered that Dick was missing. He had probably also sent a search team to find Dick, but Dick didn't intend on being found. If he was going to hide, he had to make a name for himself.

He had to find a place to live, and a way to eat. So, the first thing he did, was search for an abandoned area or building where he would live. Something that would supply a roof over his head was all he needed.

Fortunately, he found one quickly. It was an old apartment complex within the center of the city. The walls were beginning to turn green, and the set of stairs within the building looked like they would collapse under the lightest of weight, but it would have to do.

Dick decided to take the room nearest to the exit, and one with a window large enough for him to slip out of. The room was small. It had one bed, a small dresser that had brown paint peeling off of it, and an old T.V. The walls were a dirtied beige and had random stains that Dick didn't even want to consider where they came from.

There was also a bathroom which Dick decided to leave the door closed unless absolutely necessary. The bathroom looked awful. Nothing was clean. The sink was stopped up with dirty brown water, the shower was green with mold, and he didn't even want to look into the toilet, but other than the bathroom, the room was okay. So, his first problem was solved.

Then there was the situation of food. He had no cash and no food on him. It was obvious what he had to do. He just didn't want to do it.

He had to steal. He knew he would be able to easily steal without getting caught, but he didn't want to steal. He knew it was wrong and it felt horrible to steal from innocent people, but it was necessary for him to survive. So, his second problem was solved.

Now he had to make up a name. He obviously couldn't do Talon or Richard Grayson because that would easily get him noticed by the Court. He had to do something that he hadn't ever told anyone.

He thought for a while before his mothers voice came to his mind,"When you fly on the trapeze, you remind me of a beautiful Robin."

Robin. He had never told anyone about his Mothers nickname to him. And it would be perfect to honor his Mother. It would help him remember that his parents were always watching over him. So, he decided to use the name Robin.

Now he needed a costume. He already had one that his uncle had made him for when he would officially become a Talon, but he had never worn it, and it would give away his identity. So, he opened his bag for ideas and his eyes instantly met the old uniform in which he used to perform his acts in the circus. And as if a small lightbulb went off in his head, he got working on his new costume. It wouldn't be too much like his old uniform, but just enough like it.

He smiled as he began placing parts near each other that he believed would be good together. Perhaps he could actually escape the Court. Maybe he could actually get a chance at a real life.

That was all he ever wanted. Not to be a Talon. Not to murder innocent unsuspecting people. Not to be feared by anyone and everyone, but just to be a normal person. Even if it took years in being in hiding, Dick would do it because he was not a killer. He was a boy who lost his parents and just wanted to have a normal life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469 46 12
The Young Justice team is sent to Bialya. After regaining all but a few of their memories, the team sets off to finish their mission-and report their...
222K 7.9K 35
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
59.4K 2.9K 39
Dick Grayson, the new hero on the street who goes by Puppet Master. With his new powers of course, how he got them? Kind of a long story. Ya see, wi...
171K 6.6K 21
Dick Grayson was fed up with Batman, that's true, but he was also tired, tired of always being treated like a kid, tired of keeping secrets, tired of...