Outlaw Eyes (a Ashley Purdy L...

By Fallenangelsrose

Ashley Purdy, the single for life party guys to never be tamed by one woman, may of met his match with a flam... More

Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

chapter 30

785 18 1
By Fallenangelsrose

Scarlett looked out at the masses of people in front of her, the hundreds of people screaming for her and chanting back her songs, wearing her merch and waving their arms wildly in the air as if they wanted to just touch her. She took it in for a few seconds, feeling the whole atmosphere and remembering how that used to be her in the crowd before swinging into her next song.

“How long did you think you could live in ignorance?

And now you can’t turn back

Into the desert storm

Flee from your shackled life

There is nowhere else to go

Down impulsive pathways home

Not time for tears

It’s time to decide how you want to live your life”

She swung her guitar round as she stalked round the stage, interacting with the crowd.

“I’m the voice inside your head

Shouting through the demons

Your wings maybe broken

But you’re not alone

Think of all the places you’ve never belonged

Take them with you”

While you’re running for your life”

“Alright San Diego!” Scarlett shouted and was met by the crowd screaming back

“Self-infliction of loneliness

 Vicious cycles of thinking liberated

Neglected dreams of the forgotten children

You’ll be worth something in time

We die as soon as we give up

You don’t want to be like them

A generation forced to grow up too soon

Keep running till the sun comes up”

“I’m the voice inside your head

Shouting through the demons

Your wings maybe broken

But you’re not alone

Think of all the places you’ve never belonged

Take them with you

While you’re running for your life”

“Are you guys ready to sing along?” Scarlett called and was met by screams again

“The moon – will guide”

“Us away from the fire” The crowd sang back

“The hurt – inside”

“Find will to fight” they sang back

“Where do you go from here?” Scarlett pointed at the corwd to finish off the verse

“Where do you turn to?

Just where?” they sang back slightly screaming

Scarlett grinned breaking into her instrumental riff only to look up and see the one person she didn’t want to see in the crowd and to then disappear –had she just imagined her dad in the crowd there?

“I’m the voice inside your head

Shouting through the demons

Your wings maybe broken

But you’re not alone

Think of all the places you’ve never belonged

Take them with you

While you’re running for your life”

“Run for your life” She held on the note before shouting “Thank you San diego” and the lights cutting out.

She let out a deep breath as she exited the stage – her shift and time slot was over for the day so she could finally relax and just chill after a long day. Plus little Purdy was making her hungry which was happening a lot lately (she was so gonna ground this kid as soon as it came out for all these food obsessions and how much Ashley was running round cause of it).

The one thing that she couldn’t shake from her mind was that she thought she’d seen her father in the crowd; it must be all in her head since why would he come crawling out of where ever he had been hiding for years to see the daughter he claimed he didn’t have anymore? It must be in her head.

She laughed it off, making her way to the bus, baby brain must be getting to her. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, she waved to a few bands she’d befriended so far on the tour, signed a few things for the security guards’ daughters but there just seemed to be tension in the air she just didn’t realise until she got to the bus and her worse fears were confirmed.

“Do you know when she’ll be coming back” Scarlett stopped in her tracks – what was he doing here!

“I dunno but here set ended so I’m guessing soon” And what was Ashley doing talking to him! Ashley turned around spotting her out the corner of his eye “Hey babe this is…”

“Dad” she gritted through her teeth practically spitting venom

Ashley looked at her then him before realising who he had been talking to “oh crap” he muttered with the colour draining from his face.

“Hello to you too” Her dad folded his arms giving her that judgemental look she knew oh so well

“Go away” She glared at him just wanting him to disappear as quickly as he had come; she didn’t want him in her life not after the crappy childhood she’d had and had proberly done so much damage to her that couldn’t be fixed.

“I’m here to talk” Her father was trying to seem reasonable but she knew it was just a front.

“Well I don’t want to” She snapped at him wanting to storm into the bus and lock him out just as he locked her out but Ashley grabbed her before she could get to the steps

“Hear him out” Ashley whispered in her ear; she’d told him about her relationship with her father. He didn’t have the opportunity to have one with his but even he would hear him out if he suddenly turned up out of the blue. “Just give him a chance”

Scarlett stared at Ashley then glared at her father “No” she could feel her eyes pricking and her anger rising like a white flame “I can’t”

“He’s you father” Scarlett shook her head at Ashley

“Fathers are supposed to protect their kids when they get hurt every day at school.” She shot at him “Fathers are supposed to tell their kids to be themselves and support them instead of trying to control them and telling them their dreams are stupid. Fathers are supposed to be there for their kids when things are hard for them. Fathers aren’t supposed to throw their kids onto the street and disown them completely.” She was shouting now making the guys inside the bus stop what they were doing to look out the window to what was happening and a few on lookers around stopped “Cause of you I went through a personal hell and you set me on a path for self-destruction. I have so many issues that I still can’t get over because of you so don’t think you can come waltzing in like nothing happened because I’m done with you” she broke from Ashley’s arms and continued her storm inside (the guys rushing away from the window back to their places).

Ashley ran his hands threw his hair “She’s really stressed, I’m sorry, give her some time to calm down and you guys can talk”

“And why are you so interested in the relationship between me and my daughter?” her father was inspecting Ashley in his head and was unimpressed already.

“Cause I’m her boyfriend and I don’t want our kid to grow up resenting his mother’s family” Ashley was immediately regretting what he had just said even if it was true

“Firstly” Her father looked at Ashley with cold unloving eyes “your dating my daughter, encouraging her with such fickle dreams and poisoning her with ideas that this is going to last? You think this will last forever?”

“No I-“ Ashley was cut off by her father continuing

“She needs to be realistic and so do you. Secondly you’re having a child together and aren’t married” there was a throbbing vein growing bigger by the second as his face turned a violent red “You can’t raise a child like that! What were you thinking? Is this so you can leave her at the drop of a hat! I will not allow it” he grabbed Ashley by the ear “You’re gonna propose right now are we clear?”

“Wait would you just hear me out!” Ashley shouted managing to free himself from her father’s grasp “I’m in love with her but I’m not marrying her now because I don’t want her to feel like she has to just cause she’s pregnant like your forcing. She’s a grown woman so let her make her own decisions!”

Her father grabbed him by the collar “You may think you’re a grown up but you still have no idea how the world works like I do”

“Your talk is old fashioned garbage” Ashley hissed

He could see the anger boil deeply in her father’s eyes right before he felt her father’s fist in his stomach.

“You want a fight?” Ashley growled wincing slightly “You just made a big mistake.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Scarlett stormed into the bus, every thing stopped. She seemed to let go of her anger when she’d slammed the door, leaving her with only her pricking eyes and the lump in her throat.

“What’s wrong?” She didn’t answer Jinxx as she just ran to her bunk seeking comfort where she knew she would be safe.

She didn’t like being weak at all in front of anyone but Ashley; she was wrapping herself in his zebra blanket, inhaling his scent and just imagining that it was his chest she was clinging onto instead of the pillow.

The guys all looked over to Andy who rolled his eyes and got out of his seat to go see what was wrong with her.

“Scarlett” Andy knocked on the outside of the bunk “Did Ashley do anything again?”

“no” she opened the curtain letting the guys see her “It’s my dad” he admitted in a sigh; slowly getting out of the bunk but still holding onto the blanket. She sat down on the sofa with Andy following her close behind. “He’s outside, wanting to make amends but I know he won’t change and I’m afraid of him hurting me and the baby. He doesn’t listen to reason and I just can’t let him in, not after everything that’s happened”

“You don’t need him” Andy smiled at her wrapping a arm round her shoulder “We’re your family”

“Yeah dude, we’re always gonna be there for you” CC grinned standing up and moving closer to her.

“Your never gonna get rid of us anyway” Jake moved over closer as well followed by Jinxx who sat on the table in front of her “we may joke and that but you can always talk to us”

“Always” Jinxx nodded resting a hand on her knee

Scarlett looked around at the guys in turn, they were her brothers – they may joke and tease and she may want to kill them some days but they were right, they were always there when things were tough.

“Thanks guys” she could feel herself smiling again, resting her head on CC’s shoulder

“Do you want us to beat him up though?” Andy asked jokingly

“I talked to your dad” Ashley walked onto the bus - with a black eye

“Now we’re definitely kicking his ass” Andy shouted as if he was rallying the troupes and standing up to make his way to the door with the guys following but Ashley stopped him

“Don’t worry dude, I got some hits in as well so we called it even” Ashley sighed his attention more on Scarlett who was still clinging onto his blanket with red eyes "Are you ok?" He asked running over to her.

She looked up at him, stood up and threw her arms round him, burying her face in his neck; Ashley had immediately put his hands on her hips and was closing the space between them. Scarlett shook her head and wept into his chest. He put his arm around her waist and supported her weight as he took Scarlett back to the bunk. He lay Scarlett down on the bed and lay down next to her.

"I'm so sorry" Scarlett whispered snuggling into him again

"Don't you ever apologise for him" He smiled holding her close

“But your eye” Scarlett looked up at him

“It’s fine, I can cover it in war paint” Ashley was more worried about her “It’s not your fault Angel so don’t apologise for him” he repeated. She kissed round is eye anyway over and over as if she was apologising without words. “Angel” Ashley laughed.

She stopped her assault and looked at him deeply in his eyes “I love you Ash”

“I love you too Angel” Ashley smiled at her “And no ones gonna ever change that” he held her close to his chest. Ashley chuckled looking down at her, stroking her soft hair, seeing her vulnerable made him feel special since she never liked anyone to see that side  of her and yet she’d let him in, only him.

 “After the blood, After the tears have fallen down like rain” Ashley started singing, it was slower, comforting and more like a ballad than the original but the feelings were still the same “A loaded gun shot through the years and heaven was to blame”

 I'll take on all your shattered dreams

 I'd give you almost anything

 A chance to rise above the fog

 I swear these words are true. I believe in you”

Scarlett smiled against his chest as she listened to Ashley singing – she really did love his singing voice.

“I'll never let you down

 I promise right here. Right now

 I won't let you down

I'll never let you down

 Our faith will silence the doubt

 I won't let you down”

“The serpent's touch has made it clear that evils on it's way

 This desert land of broken mirrors, we live another day

 I'll become all your blasphemy. A war that's fought with tragedy

 The scars we've left along these walls

 I swear these words are true. I believe in you.”

 “I'll never let you down

 I promise right here. Right now

 I won’t let you down

I'll never let you down

 Our faith will silence the doubt

 I won't let you down”

 “In the dead of night we'll rise of one for the fight

 The sun ignites the spirit back to our lives

 I won't ever let you down

 I won't ever let you down”

“I'll never let you down

 I promise right here. Right now

 I won’t let you down

 I'll never let you down

 Our faith will silence the doubt

 I won't let you down”

“I won't let you down” Ashley kissed the crown of her head “You want to know a secret?”

“What?” Scarlett looked up at him

“When Andy and I were writing it I was thinking of you” Ashley admitted with a grin

“awww” Scarlett smiled kissing his cheek “You wrote a song for me” she said in a slightly teasing voice

“And you’ve never wrote a song for me?” Ashley looked at her with a smirk

“You know that all my work is inspired by the things I love so you’re in all my songs” Scarlett grinned resting her head back on his chest and listening to his heartbeat.

“Scarlett” Ashley called noticing that she was starting to drift off – she was very sleepy with the pregnancy as well.

“hmm” she looked up at him half asleep already

“Love you” Ashley grinned

“Love you too” the last bit came out like a yawn, pulling the blanket up close again.

Ashley looked down at her in his arms, rethinking what had happened and the words he had said to her father, he said he was going to marry her now was he implying that he did want to marry her? He loved Scarlett more than anyone, he couldn’t imagine his life without her and for god sake they were already creating a family together. Would it really be bad to think of a future of coming home to her every day with kid’s (yes plural - kids) and settling down? Growing old together? Seeing her in a white dress walking down the aisle? Getting a girl pregnant he was sure was gonna happen at some point but marriage that was a scary thing.

He was freaking out in his head before he looked down to see her again, then he couldn’t see a reason not to.

“After the baby” Ashley whispered to himself kissing her warm red hair. “Scarlett Purdy” he smiled trying it on his tongue “Mrs Purdy”

Unfortunately the rest of the band were outside thinking of a million and one ways to tease him later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.2K 31
Andy and Hailey Biersack aren’t sure if things can get any more perfect in their lives. They’re happily married with a son on the way. Andy’s band is...
1.3K 62 39
Imagine IF Ashley Purdy actually HAD a sister, I bet their lives would go like THIS....
357K 8.7K 27
It's the members of Black Veil Brides' (Andy 'Six' Biersack, Jake Pitts, Christian Coma 'CC', Jinxx, and Ashley Purdy) senior year in high school and...
292K 9.8K 47
Morgan had it all. She was head cheerleader, had an amazing home life, kept her best friend Samm balanced, and overall, life was good. That was until...