Thank God I Found You

By TCforever22

How can her love save him from his despair and grief? More

Thank God I Found You
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•21•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
•29•
•30•
•31•
•32•
•33•
•34•
•35•
•36•
•37•
•38•
•39•
•40•
•41•
•42•
•43•
•44•
•46•
•47•
•48•
•49•
•50•
Acknowledgements

•45•

35 7 0
By TCforever22

[Mariah]

Right after mom said that, all I could ever think of was why? Why did they divorced? They love each other so much and they both agree at things... Like, they have so much in common! That's why I'm always annoyed with them because whenever I try to debate with mom, dad would always back her up and that would be two against one! Tears started to fall out of my eyes...

I've got a life threatening disease...

And now this?!

[Zach]

We went to the ice cream parlor down the road. "I'll have the mocha flavour." Trent said.

"Mine's chocolate." Julian announced.

"Vanilla." William said.

"Rocky-road." Jayden said.

I turned to Tara and put her down on the floor as I let her look at the different available flavours. "What do you want Tara?" I asked her.

"Hmm... I want...." She said. "Oh I don't know. I love them all."

Then Jayden crouched down to Tara's side, "I thought you're having whatever I would have?" he said, turning his retard mode. What can I say? He's talking to a kid.

She giggled, "Alright. I'll have what you're gonna have." She said then she turned me. "I'll have rocky-road please." I smiled then went to the counter and ordered then paid for the ice creams.

We all sat nearby the window and started eating our ice creams.

"So Tara... What do you wanna become when you grow up?" William asked her.

"I wanna become a famous singer and dancer!" Tara said cheerfully. "And hopefully, I get to sing and dance with you guys one day."

"Why not now?" Julian said as he stood up. "Hey miss! Can you turn the radio up?" The girl at the counter turned the radio up and it was our new single called 'Another Life' playing up.

This one's for those... Those who fall in love

This one's for those who knows what it does

When you get your heart

Torn into pieces

'Coz the one you want

Won't give you the reason why

"Come! Sing with us!" I said to Tara and she sang with us in the middle of the room and then danced with us. And then, eventually we also encouraged everyone inside the ice cream parlor to join in with us... And guess what? More people came in because of that!

She's out there playing with your heart won't give it back... no...

You can't move on she comes she goes that gives you more hope

She sees you trying

Just to get buying

And then she finally says no

Maybe I was mistaken

When your lips got closer to mine

Thought that you were my angel

But you slipped through my fingers tonight

Baby I thought I'd seen the light

Thought I had this right

Everything aligned

Everything but you baby

We didn't really make it this time

Maybe in another life

Oh oh

Oh oh

Oh oh

"Sing with me okay?" Jayden told Tara and she nodded.

I guess you thought you'd have a little fun

And I guess I was never really number one

But they say you don't know what you're missing... No

'Til the day comes when you lose what you needed now

She's out there playing with your heart won't give it back... No...

You can't move on she comes she goes that gives you more hope

She sees you trying

Just to get buying

And then she finally says no...

Maybe I was mistaken when your lips got closer to mine...

Thought that you were my angel

But you slipped through my fingers tonight

Baby I thought I'd seen the light

Thought I had this right

Everything aligned

Everything but you baby

We didn't really make it this time

Maybe in another life.....

Although I don't relate to the song that much, I'm still afraid of losing Mariah because of her illness. We all knew that her disease is getting worse and all we can do is to be by her side all the time. After we sort-of performed in the ice cream parlor and finished our ice creams, we went back to the hospital and Mariah and her mom were still talking

I wonder what they're talking about so while the other guys are busy chatting with Tara, I secretly left the conversation and slightly opened the door and all that I could hear was sobbing. "Mom and dad are not together anymore." I heard a little voice spoke behind me and I looked back and saw Tara with a thoughtful look on her face.

I carefully closed the door and turned to her and pulled her with me to a vacant seat near to us."What do you mean?" I asked her.

"They are already divorced." She said and I can see the loneliness in her eyes. "You know Zach, I really feel sad for Mariah because she's sick and then she have to go through our parent's divorce."

"Do you know what kind of illness does your sister have?" I asked her and she shook her head. "All I knew is that she's sick and we have to stay here until she gets better." She replied. "It's not life-threatening, isn't it?"

I was taken aback by her last remark. I didn't know what or how to answer her so I just smiled weakly, "Don't worry, she can make it through her illness whether it's life threatening or not." I said.

"Yeah! She's a fighter that's why she's my idol!" She said cheerfully and then she sat beside me as she swung her little legs. "We've been inseparable ever since and so when she moved here, I became sad because I have no bestfriend anymore. She's my one and only will be best friend."

I was amazed by her bond with her sister. I didn't know that she would be so close to Mariah like that. Ha! Now they reminded me of how Aaron and I are right now. Before I joined the XFactor, before I met Katrina, before I became part of this boy band, I was always with my older brother Aaron... Hiding in his shadow. But when I discovered my talent in singing, I found my confidence.

Going back, I really feel bad for Mariah... I wish I could just take her away from here and live with her in a place with no pain... no grief and sadness... Just love and happiness.

Why does the girl that I love have to suffer from all of these stuff right now when everything between is so right and sweet?

[Mariah]

"Mom... Why?" I said. "Why?"

"I just... I don't know. He wanted it so I gave him what he wanted if that would make him happy." She said. "Mariah, your dad and I have been having this misunderstanding ever since before you and Tara were born."

What? So they've been secretly hating each other before my sister and I were born?! What?! Like how could they resist the separation before if they'd been hating each other a long time ago?! It just doesn't make any sense! And now because of that, Mom's broken by the fact that her marriage life had failed and now me.... My godforsaken disease is adding up to her great load in life.

"Mariah, whatever your dad has done to me, never do it to the people that you love... Nor to the people that you encounter across your life." She said as she wiped her tears away and soothed my hair with her gentle touch. "And I also don't want you to be thinking that you're a burden to us, okay? We love you very much and we would always be here for you no matter what happens." Then she kissed my forehead and hugged me tight.

After that, Mom and Tara already left and went to our family's friend's house where are they gonna stay for a while until I get better... Or until the day I die. I took the medicine that the nurse gave me then a couple of seconds later, I dozed off.

A little while later, I woke up and when I opened my eyes, it was pitch black.... Is it blackout again?

"Zach?" I said and I felt him shift to my side.

"Yes? Do you need anything?" Zach asked.

"Um... Yeah. Can you turn the lights on for me please?" I said and then he didn't respond. "Zach?"

"But... The lights are on Mariah." He said carefully.

Tears started to came out from my eyes again. I had now lost my sight because of this freakin' disease!!! Now I can't see anything! I wouldn't be able to see anyone! I wouldn't be able to see the faces of my loved ones!!! Especially Zach! I cried and cried until I felt his arms went around me and pressed me against his hard chest.

Fuck.

Lord, kill me now! I don't wanna suffer like this!!! I don't want to live like this!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 664 15
Her fate was dying but he could do anything to change that. Where the main lead gets future dreams or vision regarding his lover's death from where h...
86 14 13
It's been one year sense zack had been in a relationship and he's feeling grate. He likes to hang with his best friend kayden. But when zack starts t...
342 5 17
Michelle really likes Oscar since they met. But Oscar in the other hand doesnt like her back, will Michelle manage to make Oscar fall for her? or wil...
3.6K 233 26
It sucks losing someone you love.