Cinderella's Shoe (COMPLETED)

By KatTaySummers

"Why?" She interrogated once they entered the room together, apprehensive about what she was inquiring and pe... More

Important Teaser Quotes From The Book
Summary and Info
Acknowledgements
Introduction
Wolfie's Guide To Supernatural Creatures
Excerpt 1
Excerpt 2
Quote/Poem
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN: HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue: We Keep This Love In A Photograph
Cast and Credits
The Author's Note On Writing Cinderella's Shoe
where ive been

Chapter 11

2.2K 96 72
By KatTaySummers

Chapter 11
Ariel.

                                    I had to find an escape route. I had to get out of here. Fast, too. I had to run as fast as I could in order to hide, but I couldn't be caught. I refused to ever be caught. There was absolutely no way I could stay there after everything that had just occurred. If I stayed here, bad things would happen. If I stayed here, I would have been rejected by my soulmate. So...

So, I followed Vickie into the dark woods, led by the night vision us werewolves carried.

And one thought ran through my head. I mean, surely my best friends would understand, right? I mean, I was just about to be rejected! They knew about my situation- my inability to feel a connection to someone else. If they understood that, and then what it would feel like to be rejected with that problem, they would surely understand why I ran from him. A mate is the most precious thing ever to a werewolf or any supernatural creature for that matter, I knew that very well. But the thing was, I couldn't break him, I just couldn't destroy him like I did with everything else that was good in my pathetic life.

"What if he wasn't going to reject us? Huh? What if he was going to accept us as his mate and Luna? What would have happened then?" Accalia posed a few questions.

"We can't take any chances Accalia. What if he was going to reject us and take someone else as his mate? We would have been broken-hearted! You know for a fact that we wouldn't have survived the mating process!"

"I know... But still, did you see his face when we ran out?"

"No, I didn't. I was too busy on running and getting out of there alive if you didn't notice! Why? Was it hilarious?! I bet it was!"

"No, Ariel. You probably wouldn't understand. You know, since you're heartless and everything."

"Oi! I may be a little mean sometimes, but heartless? Perhaps a step too far there for someone like me."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You know you're evil."

"Hey! I'm not that bad! At least, I'm not as bad as that bitch Freya!"

"Yeah, you are. You know I can read your thoughts, right?"

"Well, no shit Sherlock."

"Exactly. I know what dirty thoughts you think numpty. It's disgusting sometimes, actually."

"Whatever. I know what you'll be constantly whining about from now on. And it'll be all the fucking time."

"What?"

"You'll be all: 'OMG, Mate is SOOOOO hot!' Or: 'When can we see our maaaaaate? I miiiiisss hiiiimmm soooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuchhhhh!'"

"No, I will so not!"

"Yes, you will."

"No. And for that, I won't help you out as much when you have to go through Heat without him."

"You know that the heat will affect you too, right?"

"Damn it!"

I laughed through our link.

"Yeah, you laugh now. Wait till you find out what his reaction was."

"Go on then."

"OK, well, he was obviously startled by our- I mean, your- actions. Once it had settled in, he mind linked his pack- a really ironic name for them too. and headed straight after us. When Vickie showed up, he was shocked at everything. And angry."

"Is that all?" I interrupted, bored with this conversation as every syllable was said to me.

"No. He was hurt. He didn't want us to leave. He and his wolf love us already, I can tell. He was happy to have finally found us like he had been searching and waiting for ages. He could have helped us. But no, no, no, no, you just had to run from him didn't you?"

"Oh, just shut up already." I then cut off our link, and that was it from her.

I just decided to ignore her and then continue running. Running from the arms of a lunatic who would either kill me or never let me see the sun ever again due to my reckless actions. If what Accalia said was true, then it meant that our mate possibly did care about us. About our wellbeing. Maybe he didn't want to reject us after all.

Trees whipped past me, vines and branches clawing at my body like thousands of knives grazing my skin. It felt like the arms of a pack, trying to slow me down so they could keep me as their Luna. They tried to entangle me, hold me back, as if they knew about Jacob. Wonderful Jacob.

Actually, I can still hear his voice in my head, telling me to stop running.

"Stop running!"

There it is...

Wait. That's not in my head. That's actually happening to me. In real life. Oh, shit. Shit shit shit. Fuck my life. Someone please kill me. Just kill me now quickly for all that is holy and good in this weird, fucked up world.

"Stop! Wait! Please!"

I just happened to make the large mistake of making a small glance behind me.

His clothes were dishevelled, some parts ripped and torn from the branches and when he had shifted a bit and his wolf had tried to force his way out. There was a dot of mud on his handsome face and on other parts of his body. I could see a cut on his cheeks, oozing blood slightly, and that made me frown. But the anger on his face- no matter how beautiful it was- was what scared me and made me run faster than before. And this action- looking back at him- had caused something else to happen.

More howls surrounded us. His pack. My new pack. The pack I was destined to lead. Shit. Fuck.

I wasn't sure what I was doing, I just knew that my white dress was dragging behind me as I ran, ruffles and creases trailing behind me as I had picked it up with my hands.

Isn't it funny just how fast the night changes? And how it can never seem to change a person? But I think- no, I know for a fact- that this night has changed me and Jacob. And not for the good either. He should be fine without me. He'll change for the better. He'll adapt to losing his mate, he'll make someone else, someone more suitable his Luna. His Queen. His world. His everything that I won't and can never be to him.

I just wanted to get out of here, escape those wolves and get home as soon as possible. But little did I know, that escaping those wolves without teeth would be harder than I thought...

You can follow me. You can follow me, Jacob...

Vickie.

                 There's not that much to know about me really. I'm just a normal person. Well, not exactly a person, per say. I'm a supernatural creature unlike any other.

And no, I'm not a wolf. Or a vampire. Or a witch. Or a mermaid. Or a chimera. Or a Hellhound. Or a skinwalker. I'm quite a rare type of shifter, actually.

There are very few of us out there, and mainly when we find our mates a majority of our children would become cross-breeds. Which isn't quite good for our population at all. Which is exactly why our god- Oinari- made it so we could only mate with each of our kind, and have around five pups every time one of us got pregnant.

And no, we aren't dog-shifters.

We are foxes. Like wolves, we can have different colours of fur. I have never met anyone with the same colour as mine. Or should I say, colours.

I am a rainbow fox. No fucking joking. I am actually rainbow. I do have rainbow fur. And it's so fucking rare. I don't know any other supernatural creature that has the sort of fur that I do. No one has ever documented it before, so I have absolutely no idea.

Anyways... You may wonder how I know Amethyst.

Well..

Amethyst and I... We have a whole lot of history. I won't go into too much detail really, but if she wants to mention it, that's up to her.

But just saying, neither of us like talking about our past with each other, as it doesn't end well. And it still isn't going well for either of us...

HEELLOOO!

Question (because I want to stalk you all :D): When are your birthdays?

My Answer: My birthday is on the 24th July!

SHOUTOUT TO:

wildstripes! Excellent guess about rainbow fur! Just thought, 'yep, it's going in there!'

Kick those turtle haters' asses! THEY CAN FLY!!

SEE YOU GUYS SOON WITH ANOTHER UPDATE!

-Wolfie xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 24.9K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...
18.6K 724 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
2.4M 83.2K 52
"What makes you think I'll let you leave?" he asked and took a step towards me. "Because I'm not into guys?" "Well then why did you date your ex-boyf...
254K 10.6K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...