The Phoenix's Prophecy

By The_Black_Butterfly

Amethyst Rosemera was one of the few survivors of a species called runar thanks to her mother sacrificing her... More

*Prologue*
*Chapter One*
*Chapter Two*
*Chapter Three*
*Chapter Four*
*Chapter Five*
*Chapter Six*
*Chapter Seven*
*Chapter Eight*
*Chapter Nine*
*Chapter Ten*
*Chapter Eleven*
*Chapter Twelve*
*Chapter Fourteen*
*Chapter Fifteen*
*Chapter Sixteen*
*Chapter Seventeen*
*Chapter Eighteen*
*Chapter Nineteen*
*Chapter Twenty*
*Chapter Twenty-One*
*Chapter Twenty-Two*
*Chapter Twenty-Three*
*Chapter Twenty-Four*
*Chapter Twenty-Five*
*Chapter Twenty-Six*
*Chapter Twenty-Seven*
*Chapter Twenty-Eight*
*Chapter Twenty-Nine*
*Chapter Thirty*
*Chapter Thirty-One*
*Chapter Thirty-Two*
*Chapter Thirty-Three*
*Chapter Thirty-Four*
*Chapter Thirty-Five*
*Chapter Thirty-Six*

*Chapter Thirteen*

4.7K 197 8
By The_Black_Butterfly

Vote and comment :)

*Chapter Thirteen*

“Hey Lake, you've never told me about your past.”

The pale blond smiled at me across me. Believe it or not, we were having something extremely similar to picnic. Lake took me to this room where the ceiling was just like a sky and there was grass underneath us, and we sat on a checkered piece of cloth with a basket full of food. I was flabbergasted when I entered the room, and Lake told me that it was for some beings who can't live without the natural grass and sky. Every room in this building is built for every being.

Lake has been visiting me and taking me around for walks for the past three days. I was enjoying his company since he made my days seem less boring.

“My family and I lived on the edge of Holsina - ”

“You're a runar?!” I gasped, shocked,

“Yeah,” he chuckled, “doesn't seem so?”

“Well, I-I thought you were a demon.”

He laughed and waved his hand dismissively.

“A lot of people say so. It's totally fine. Anyway, the boundary is the weakest part of Holsina. It was a constant target of other beings who want to capture some runars. When I was five years old, back when I had absolutely no power and is as weak as those pathetic humans, no offense since I don't consider you the same as them,” he clarified, smiling a smile that would take any normal girl's breath away. It bugged me a little for someone as nice as him to be bad-mouthing other beings. Ray never - my hands curled into a fist, don't even think about him, I told myself. “My whole family was attacked by a group of demons. They mercilessly ate my parents right in front of me,” he cringed at the memory, and I felt sorry for him to have to witness something as awful as this. “I was saved by...a stranger who I later learned who stayed in Hell. I'm here to pay that stranger back for what he did.”

I nodded in understanding.

“Have you found that person?” I asked.

“Not yet,” he replied and shook his head. He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it, and he pulled me up. “I have to go somewhere now. I'll walk you back. If you want, I can take you somewhere else tomorrow.”

“I would love that,” I smiled.

The door suddenly opened, and Aria walked in. She froze in the doorway, and her eyes landed on Lake's hand that was around mine. Her eyes narrowed, and she walked closer to us.

“Lake, you need to go to Lab. 34 now. You know what will happen if you're late to Dr. Knell's Lab.”

I was shocked by her words. She wasn't looking at Lake but kept her head low. Her eyes had a hint of arrogance and hatred in it. Lake dropped his hold on my hand and sighed.

“Oh, look who it is. Arianna, I thought you were sulking in a corner like you have done for the past seven years,” Lake said nonchalantly.

Aria looked mad, but she was holding it in. I had the impression that they don't get along. Lake turned around to leave but not before kissing my forehead.

“I'll see you tomorrow,” he said and smiled a dazzling smile.

As soon as the door was closed, Aria snapped.

“Who the hell does he think he is?” she huffed. “Arrogant Master's pet. Why are you hanging out with him anyways?”

I was shocked. Aria always keep her cool.

“I met him in the library. He seemed like a nice - ”

“Nice?” she cut me off, “In your human terms, a total player.”

“Player?”

“He has a sick power. The power to make any girl fall head over heels for him almost as soon as he locks eyes with her. It's absurd.”

“What?” I gasped.

“He slept with a friend of mine against her wishes. In human terms, you can call it rape. She was heart-broken after that. Oh, if he dares to use it on you - ”

“Wait, I've stared into his eyes, but I haven't fallen for him.”

“What?” Aria looked at me shocked. “I've never heard of a girl who can resist his power.”

“He probably hasn't used it on me yet?” I voiced out my opinion.

“After he slept with half of the female population in Hell, Master finally gave him an order to not use his power unless it's in emergency.”

“Oh, then - ”

“However, that only applies for the female working for Master. In other words, he can use his power on you if he wishes.”

“But - ”

“Don't lower your guard around him,” Aria warned me in a serious tone. “He's capable of almost anything.”

I nodded my head seriously.

“I'm free for the rest of the day. Let's go somewhere,” her eyes lit up excitedly.

I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm.

“Sure.”

*

“This,” I stood as still as a statue as I took in everything in front of me, “is awesome.”

On Aria's request, I had changed into a swimsuit. We both stood in front of a lake-sized pool. The water was turquoise shade that matched my eyes perfectly.

What took my breath away was the huge hovering balls of water right above the water. They were big enough for me to swim in it, and I would gladly jump into them if it weren't for the problem that I wouldn't be able to breath in water.

“What are you waiting for?” Aria gave me a small nudge on my back. “Hurry up and jump in.”

I took a deep breath and jumped right into the pool. To my utter surprise, the 'pool' was so deep that I couldn't make out the bottom even in this crystal clear water. I felt a current, and I raised my head to see that Aria had jumped in as well. She smiled at me and kicked her feet. She suddenly zoomed past me and turned her head to signal for me to follow her. Without a second thought, I followed her.

Since the water was so clear, I could clearly make out the distinct shape of a hole at the bottom of the pool. I tried to look into it, but it was useless because of the lack of light. We went closer, and the hole was even bigger than I had imagined. I could easily swim through it if I wanted to. My lungs suddenly started to ache for oxygen so I pointed upwards to signal Aria to go.

I greedily took in a mouthful of air as soon as I broke the surface of the water. Aria surfaced a second later.

“What was that?” I asked her, meaning the huge hole I just saw.

She laughed.

“Hell only has one source of water. This pool of water will lead you directly to the source. The sources of water in every dimension is used to grow the Tree of Immortality.”

Tree of Immortality! My interest perked up at the mention of it. Could that be the very legendary tree that was mentioned in the prophecy?

“What is this Tree of Immortality?”

Aria looked confused for a second.

“Haven't you heard of it? It's so popular among the runar child.”

I smiled sheepishly. I've lost all my memory for all I know. Aria sighed and launched into a story.

“The sacred tree, the legendary tree, the Tree of Immortality...etc all refer to one and only one tree. The tree that is in a village close to Lake Lilith. It is said to be so deep in the forest that no one who has seen it. The reason why it's called Tree of Immortality is because although runars won't die unless killed, that's still a not the true definition of immortal that every being sought after. The seed of that tree is said to assure any being who eats to become truly immortal or invincible.”

My eyes widened. That tree is no doubt the tree mentioned in the legend. Although I have only heard the legend once from Castina, I had already memorized the whole poem in that legend.

Seed of the legendary tree
The blood of the immortal
Together will they finally free
The sealed gate of the portal

Seed of the legendary tree. In other words, in order to free the sealed gate, I would need the seed of the legendary tree and the blood of the immortal.

“How do you get the seed?”

Aria laughed and looked at me like I was stupid.

“Seriously? That's just a legend. Only the runar children believes in it. Once you grow up, you would have the brain to figure out that a tree that no one can find wouldn't bear fruits to let you become immortal.”

“No one can find? I'm sure someone must have seen it - ”

She waved her hand dismissively.

“Forget it, it's not possible to find something that may not even exist. A legend is just a legend.”

“So are you saying that the Phoenix's Prophecy doesn't exist?”

“I don't believe in that. Sure, phoenixes exist; however, a white and a black phoenix does not exist. Phoenix is a being with highly magical power. They stay in their own dimension, never letting other beings in and never going to other dimensions. They are isolated.”

I believe that Nixeria and Phoebe are looking over us right now.

I furrowed by brows in concentration. Who was it who said that? It sounded so familiar. My concentration was broken up by a sudden splash of water. I blinked rapidly and realization dawned on me that Aria had just splashed me with water.

“Oh, you're not getting away with this.”

“Oh, yeah?”

I suddenly splashed a wave of water at the unsuspecting Aria. I didn't wait for her to reply and dived underwater. Aria suddenly grabbed my ankle.

“Don't forget, I have the upper hand here,” she smirked before pulling me completely underwater.

Oh, she's so dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 180 21
FOCUS. CONCENTRATE. TRANSFORM. TIGER. Steven, Rosy and Tarra were...
38.8K 840 12
Forced into a war you had no clue what to do, you were lost until a huge orange gem came along and told you what to do. You did as she said, scared o...
42.1K 1.2K 33
𝗗𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁... 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆? Life in the rainforest is peaceful. The RainWings live in a place where everything is shared. Food is plenti...
142 2 11
UNVEILING SECRETS IS A RISKY CHOICE. The limits of Reef Beach aren't strong enough to stop Sapphire. She's been so stubborn about the whole idea of n...