8. At His Command (BWWM) [Boo...

De kudz12

First book - At Her Command Second book - Talia Third book - ⬇️⬇️⬇️ (This one) My favorite couple Linc and Me... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - The Commissioner
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 12 - Family and Friends
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Snippet
Chapter 15
Q/A Session
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N - fellow readers
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sorry - Not an update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Epilogue
Dangerous Affair (bwwm)

Chapter 11 - Raquel

4.7K 275 18
De kudz12

Mel's POV

I felt him stiffen once I said the name. Pure anger was all I saw in his eyes as he avoided my gaze.
"Lincoln please talk to me," I said getting off him so he could sit up.
He did what I last expected as he sat up leaving the room without another word.

Had I said something wrong.

Following him out I found him opening a cabinet as he retrieved a bottle of whiskey.
"Linc you know I don't like it when you intoxicate your system," I said in a stern voice.
He raised his gaze looking at me coldly. He had never looked at me in this manner whatsoever. First the shouting, drinking and now cold stares. What was next? Was the stress Rafael was causing really pulling us apart?

"Go to bed Mel," he simply said opening the backyard doors and walking out, bottle still in his hand.
Deciding to not anger him I left for our room but sleep was the last thing on my mind as I pondered over who was Raquel.

Drifting off to sleep I woke up to find his arms secured around me. He looked broken as he slept. Something was definitely eating him up I thought as I removed stray locks of hair from his forehead. I decided to find out on my own rather than pester him, stressing him out more than he was would only cause problems for us.

Placing a glass of water and some aspirin for him beside the bed I left the room.
Thankful it was the weekend I wouldn't have to tackle work related stress for the next two days.
Typing away on my laptop I found an article from a year before Linc saved me. I hadn't bothered to dig into his past. I knew he must have dated other women. I just didn't want to bother myself with such trivial matters. If he had any intentions of telling me, he would do so, that's how much I trusted him. But the way he said the name Raquel had a certain edge to it that had frightened me. This woman whoever she was must have done something bad, something that led him to drinking, to being closed off and cold towards me like I had done something wrong.

I did a double take looking at a picture of Linc at a club with another woman. I remembered that face from the family portrait Rafael had in his office. She was a stunning creature and anyone could see Linc was long gone as he stood by her. A nagging feeling crept up my spine as I realized this woman might have been the one to make him forget about me for a while just as Chris had done for me.

"Good morning," I heard as I let out a startled yelp.
"Geez, Linc. Are you trying to give me a heart attack," I said slamming my laptop shut as I stood up to leave.
"Hey, hey," he said snaking his arm around my waist pulling me back to him. I could still smell the alcohol off him as I scrunched up my nose. "I'm sorry," he murmured into my ear.

"For what? Last night, or just now?"
"Both," he said softly.
Hugging my laptop closer to my chest I stood rigid thinking over his apology.
"Sorry isn't going to cut it I need answers," I spat as he loosened his hold on me letting me go.
Running a hand through his hair he let out a long sigh. His dark stubble peppered his jaw deliciously as my hand itched to feel it.

Doing just that I stroked his cheek.
"Talk to me Linc," I said softly. But this was pointless I could already see him shutting me out as he took my hand gently removing it from his face.
"I have to go for my check up," I said stepping away from him needing some space.
He didn't respond whatsoever as I left him.

----------

"Well Mrs Shields everything seems to be in order," the doctor said.
"Thank you very much. Ummm, so does than mean we can try for another baby?"
"I don't see why not," he said with a reassuring smile.
"Just give me a second," he said as his phone rang. "I'll be there shortly," he said hanging up.
"Give me a minute before we do your final test."

Leaving the office Mel stood and walked over to his memorabilia wall. Numerous photos of him with proud parents and children he had helped through delivery and recovery were strewn across the wall. Lost in the happy memories before her she didn't hear the door open.

"Feeling any better?" She heard the last person she expected.
Before she could even respond his hand was around her neck squeezing as she gasped for air.
"Let. Go. Rafael..." She wheezed.

--------

Linc's POV

I felt like a jerk at this very moment as I watched Mel leave. She refused to go with Walter hence I was stuck at home worrying over her safety and her in general. I knew I should have gone with her to the hospital but would she talk to me after I shut her out.

I had long forgotten about Raquel but seeing her picture brought back memories of what she had done to me, thus the vivid dreams that woke my wife up. I had been lost in her back then before I realized what true love really looked like.
The pain in Mel's eyes kept popping up in my mind as I took my shower and dressed. I knew I had to see her, talk to her and just hold her, just to be sure everything was real. That my love for her was still intact and hers for me.

Pulling out of the driveway I made my way to the hospital.
Reaching the lobby I found her doctor arguing with a young lady over some nonsense as a chill crept up my spine. Looking around I noticed two men who looked out of place, this was the woman's review wing.
"Which consultation room is my wife in?" I asked the nurse giving her the name.
"Your wife, but I thought her husband was already here?" The nurse said baffled as I looked at the room number myself.

Walking towards the elevators the two men followed behind me. The elevator was rather spacious but they decided to stand too close to me. A bit too close for my comfort, but I smiled to myself because I knew what was coming judging from their stance.

Stepping out of the elevator the doors closed upon the two unconscious men as I straightened out my hair.

---------------

Mel's POV

"You always ruin everything," Rafael spat.
"Both of you ruined me. First with my sister and then me. Can't you just leave my family alone," he said as my eyes widened in confusion wondering which sister. He ran his free hand through his hair in frustration as I fought to loosen the grip he had around my neck.
I began to see stars as he applied more pressure just as the door swung open with a great force.
"Linc," I mouthed as a tear ran down my cheek thankful he was here. How or why he was here was the last thing on my mind.

"Taking ahold of Rafael's free arm Linc twisted it as a sickening crack was heard whilst his other hand loosed around my neck. Gasping for air I held onto the wall for support as Linc stood before me looking beyond worried. The next thing I knew he lifted me up in his arms like I weighed nothing as we left the hospital. Rafael wouldn't talk; that much we knew or we would definitely make sure he was locked up for good. Besides we hadn't even dealt with him yet.

Settling me in the car he undid my shirt looking at the bruise forming on my neck wearing a frown as he gently ran his fingers over my skin. At this moment I was grateful for the darkly tinted windows as he leaned closer towards me holding my gaze.
"I am sorry Mel," he said in a gruff voice as he tried to control his emotions whilst he rested his forehead on mine taking a deep breath.
A simple nod is all I could give him as I relaxed into the seat. He pulled out of the parking lot driving us back home all the while holding my hand.
On arrival I left the car as he slowly followed me silently. He knew I still needed answers from him as he shut our bedroom door.

Stripping out of my clothes I put on a comfortable shirt, one of his as usual heading to the bathroom to look at the damage Rafael had created. Grabbing a towel I ran it under cold water placing it over my reddened neck all the while Linc stood by the door silent, watching me. Before long he was the one running the cold cloth over my neck focusing on the task as though it was a life or death situation. I remained silent watching him, trying to read him but he gave nothing away which was beginning to frustrated me as I pushed him away gently leaving the room.
I slipped under the covers before I felt the bed dip knowing it was him. Why he kept following me acting like a lost puppy when he was the one shutting me out was beyond me, so I did the only logical thing and let him be, ignoring him.

-----

She didn't say anything as he pulled her to him placing a kiss on her head before he broke the silence.
"Raquel was the woman I was going to marry before we found each other," he said making her stiffen before she relaxed placing her hand over his arm encouraging him to go on.
"I met her in a club and we hit it off from there. She was a breath of fresh air after continuously rejecting other women who where after my money. I had just started up the business hence I was fresh meat on the market. She was in her final year of college studying business administration and I thought wow she was perfect. A woman seeking to make a name for herself rather than depending on a man," he said as she turned to face him as he sighed.

"It was all too good to be true until she started demanding I focus more on her and neglect the company. She knew how much that company meant to me but was never understanding like you are. That need to make something of yourself drove me and she didn't get that. It wasn't until one night that I discovered her in bed with another men that my world started to unravel. Soon after breaking things off she started to harass my family and I to the point where I had a restraining order against her. However the more I pushed her away the more she opened my eyes. I discovered she had aborted three of my children. Three of my babies and she didn't even bother to tell me," he said in a pained voice as she placed a hand in his chest.

"She played me for a fool as I discovered that man wasn't the first guy she had slept around with behind my back. I mean was I not man enough for her. Everything she wanted I provided, dancing to the tune of her heartbeat. I was a fool to think she could ever erase you from my heart he said," he said as a tear slid down onto the pillow.

"No Linc you are not a fool. She just didnt know the diamond God gave her," Mel whispered.
"Are you comparing me to jewelery?" He said with a raised brow making her smile shyly.
"You know what I mean silly. Besides you are more man than I can handle," she said making him chuckle. "And a very beautiful man if I must say so myself, both inside and out," she blushed as he looked at her his eyes sparkling with an unknown emotion.

"So after the restraining order she started sending me baby gifts claiming she was pregnant with our baby. Her texts became more life threatening in manner. The authorities intervened and had her locked up in a mental institution, she wasn't even pregnant."

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that," Mel said. "I guess at that time we were each experiencing some form of drama in out lives," she said.
A smile formed on her face as she said, "Thank you for telling me this. And thank you for being my knight in shining armour as always."

"I'm sorry for shutting you out. I just didn't want you to..."
"Sshh, you don't need to explain yourself. I know," she said. "So she is the one who has been helping out her brother," Mel said with a frown.
"It seems so. I didn't even know they were related she used her maiden name back then. After doing a background check all the pieces of the puzzle fit. I still don't understand how she got out and contacted Magda of all people."

SO I am thinking of doing another short story, like I did with Besamé...
Would you guys like me to write one or.....not.
Thanks for the continued support 😄

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

110K 2.6K 20
*THIS BOOK HAS A SEQUEL* ❤️❤️❤️
259K 9.7K 29
Read Book I and II first. Then come back and read this one
17.5K 477 17
(BWWM) Orianna has grown up being abused by her father, he started with her mother, and once she was gone, moved on to her. After remarrying and gett...
Destiny De _marlaena_

Ficção Histórica

502K 25.7K 41
Alaethia has spent a lifetime of luxury under her father's rule of the Persian Empire. When the city walls of her home are torn down by enemy clans s...