No Curtain Call

By ECartier086

~Teaser~ As if he was unable to keep his hands off of me, he gripped my waist and pulled me up closer to him... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue

Chapter 2

621 20 3
By ECartier086

Five minutes later, the three men had decided that if, in fact, Acton was with a woman, she would be blonde haired, blue eyed, fake breasted, fake tanned, tall, and leggy. I rolled my own blue eyes and scoffed at their honest enthusiasm. These men must truly be bored if they spend their free time betting on their lead singer's latest conquests.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do than place bets on women?" I dared to ask as they finished throwing their money onto the ever growing pile of cash.

"There's only five minutes left until the concert, bacca," Ren said, cocking an eyebrow at me as he stood up from the black couch he was previously lounging on. "What do you expect us to do? Record a new single?" He arrogantly smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes again, crossing my legs and resting against the comfy chair I was sitting in. "Something that wouldn't be as much of a waste of time, at least," I answered, crossing my arms beneath my breasts. I quickly uncrossed them once I noticed that Ren's eyes were immediately drawn to my chest, and I looked down to see that there was a push up affect created. "Don't get any ideas," I defended myself, standing up to face Ren head on.

"Hey, it's your fault. You're the one who came into our den," Ren's smirk widened and his dark brown eyes twinkled in the dim lights around us. 

Before I could answer him, we heard another voice interrupt us. "Yeah, he's coming," Colton walked in and said behind us. 

Four pairs of eyes quickly turned to face Colton. "With a girl?" I heard Nick ask, with a dreading tone in his voice. He had be that Acton didn't have a girl with him.

Colton grinned widely, flashing us his brilliant white teeth. "Yeah," he answered, his pale blue eyes lighting up as Nick cussed, effectively removing him from the game. 

"What did she look like?" Vance said, and I raised my eyebrows. I didn't think that he would honestly partake in this crude behavior.

"Well, I only caught a glimpse of her backside before Act hissed at me to go, so..." Colton winked at me before continuing. "Blonde, leggy, tall, and had a very bad fake tan that made her look like a fucking tangerine."

"Yes!" Ren clapped his hands like a small child and literally jumped for joy. "I just need fake tits and blue eyes and I get the pot!" Vance groaned, rubbing his eyes. He had bet on her being a feisty red head.

"Somehow, I don't think fake tits would look good on you," a deep, sensual voice behind me interrupted. 

I flushed, annoyed that my heart unwillingly sped up at the sound. We all turned to face him, and before I even saw his face I knew who he was. The Lady Killers' most famous player, Acton Black. 

He was about five feet away from me, and I took a step forward to extend my hand out to him in greeting. "I'm--"

"I don't really fucking care, sweetheart," he said, ignoring my outstretched hand. I pulled my hand back and stuffed it in my pocket, unsure of what to do. I bit my lip to keep from cussing back at him. Did he really have to be so rude?

Another voice came from behind him. "Baby, aren't you coming back?" the blond pouted, sticking out her bottom lip. She moved her shoulders in an innocent way, and widened her baby blue eyes, but that was the only thing about her that seemed untouched. The rest of her body, you could tell, was definitely touched. Nick was right, she came out, unashamed, dressed only in her lacy black bra and panties. She had love bites littering her body, on her neck, on the exposed flesh of her chest, even on the insides of her thighs. I could immediately tell that Acton was very thorough in the boudoir.

She glanced at me, and her pout became bigger as well as her eyes, as much as I hadn't thought possible. "Baby, you aren't leaving me for her, are you?" she asked incredulously, her eyes raking my figure in disgust. I fought the urge to hide my body behind Ren, who was standing beside me as she curled her upper lip in a high, nasal growl. 

Acton turned his head to face her, but he didn't turn his body. "No," he answered, glancing back at me, his eyes taking me in with disgust as well. "She's not my type," he said, cupping her overflowingly large breasts that were spilling out of the small bra she wore. He looked back to me, his previously emerald green eyes darkening until I couldn't make out any color.

I continued to fight the urge to defend myself as he rubbed her, right in front of the rest of his band and I. 

"Enough, Act," Vance interrupted him, snapping out of his stupor. All thoughts of the bets had been put on hold, as we all witnessed Acton's blatant, unprovoked, and shameless attack on me. "You know we have a concert in less than five minutes," he warned.

Subconsiously, I noticed the loud hum of people filing their way into the club, waiting for their own show of the Lady Killers. 

"Right," Acton said, dropping his hand from Blondie's tits. She moved to hang on to him, but he not-so-gently pushed her away, not bothering to look back at her as her expression shifted into outrage. "I'll see you after the concert," he murmured under his breath to her, but his eyes were on me. 

Against my will, as I gazed at his bodily perfection, I felt my nipples harden and I felt like slapping myself. I was not like the other girls the guys took on tour with them. I opened my mouth to say something, but thankfully, Nick interrupted me before I could make a fool of myself. 

"Acton, this is my sister, Anya," Nick introduced me, motioning to my body.

Acton didn't respond to his words, just continued on with the plans for the concert. "Are we all set up?" he asked, tearing his gaze away from me. I let out a breath in relief, a breath I didn't know I was holding. I was tense beneath his gaze, for some reason, and I knew I had to stop it I had any hope of going on tour. 

"Yeah," Vance answered. "Let's go up on stage and get into position."

Acton didn't bother saying another word, just left us and the Blondie out backstage. He entered the front of the stage, and the loud roar of the fans in the club became deafening. I had to resist the urge to cover my ears as Vance continued talking to me. "You can go out into the club. Come back here after the concert and we'll talk about the tour." 

After Vance left, Colton and Ren turned to face me. "Don't mind Acton," Colton tried to assure me. "After a while, you get used to his jackassery."

The blonde slut behind us hissed, pushing Colton back. I fought the urge to pull her hair as she dared to lay one of her hands on him. "How dare you? He's your leader!" she seethed, digging her nails into Colton's chest.

Now it was my turn to hiss. I already felt protective of these men, and it was obvious that they couldn't smack her like they wanted to, because she was a girl. "Hey," I called out, snapping my hands in front of her face to get her attention. 

She turned to me and gave me the most hateful glare I'd ever received, and I rolled my eyes at her childish behavior. "Get your paws off of him, Blondie. And trust me, by the time the night is over, Acton will dump you just like the rest of them. You're nothing special to him."

"You bitch!" she cried out, unlatching her claws from Colton's shoulders to attack me. 

I took a step back and raised my arms in self defense, but she wouldn't stop. Seven years of self defense classes kicked in, and as her fake body came rushing toward me, I swiftly grabbed her arms and flipped her on her back. She groaned as her body came into contact with the hard, tiled floor, and she sat up to rub her sore back that had taken most of her hit. "I'm telling Acton!" she cried out, her pout coming out even more. 

I fought the urge to do more damage to her, and settled for a few choice words instead. "Can't wait, princess. Maybe I'll get a detention," I sneered at her sarcastically, stepping over her body to get back to the band. 

Nick, Colton and Ren were all doubled over, laughing and raising their fists to fist bump me. "Aw, damn!" Ren laughed, pulling me in for a side hug. "That was fuckin' awesome!" 

Colton wiped actual tears from his eyes and opened his mouth to congratulate me. "Well done, Anya," he chuckled. "That bitch deserved to be put in her place."

We were interrupted as Vance poked his head behind the stage curtain. "Get your sorry asses out here!" he hissed. "It's time."

The men quickly left me, save for Nick. He pulled me in to a bear hug. "You're going to come on tour with us, I just know it," he whispered in my ear. "They like you."

I pulled back and slapped his chest playfully. "You better get out there, drummer boy," I warned. "Don't mess this up," I teased him as he smirked and  left me to start the concert.

***

After I ditched Blondie on her ass, I made my way through the club, to the back where it was dark. Leaning against a back wall, I watched as the Lady Killers rocked the stage. Acton's hypnotic, husky voice drifted through the club, and every person in the club seemed to be entranced as he sang a song about a one night stand. I scoffed, wondering how someone could actually be wound up in a spell about that subject, but sure enough, everyone around me couldn't bear to tear their eyes away from that stage. Even the bartender, who I had been chatting with between sets. 

I watched proudly as my brother hit every beat on his drum set, keeping up with the fast paced beats of the majority of their songs. Every person on the stage that night was flawless. Colton and Ren were masters of their electric guitars, as well as Vance on his bass.

But the real star of the show, as much as I hated to admit it, was Acton Black. He swept his tall, languid body across the stage effortlessly, belting out every lyric of their songs. The women in the club swooned, crying out as he hit the longer, harder notes. And for every time a naughty word flew out of his mouth, a girl literally threw her panties at him. 

I flinched as the women continued throwing their undergarments at him, and he actually managed to catch a few. He held them up by his fingers, throwing out winks to all the ladies. He was wearing a black leather vest, leaving his chest bare underneath. We all got a clear view of his muscles, his clearly defined shoulders decorated with tattoos. The upper part of his chest was covered too, in a weird tribal type of tat, and on his upper right arm had a large, white rose. My eyes widened as I realized what it meant. White roses stood for purity, but the thing that shocked me the most was why that would be on his body. Nothing about Acton Black was pure. 

After the concert, the band left the stage to go back, where there was a hoard of women waiting for them. Before the last song, Acton sent a shout out to all the women in the audience that if they wanted to collect their panties, they could get them backstage, where the band would be signing them personally. 

I rolled my eyes as Acton soaked up the attention, smirking at the way all the women, all shapes and sizes and colors, hung on to him, hanging on his every word. I took a swig of a coke the bartender had given me, seeing that Nick had banned me from drinking ever again. I blinked, noticing that one of my favorite Bruno Mars songs started playing through the club, and I couldn't stop myself from moving onto the dance floor. 

The floor was crowded, littered with hot, sweaty bodies and the smell of sex wafting through the air. Moans and groans were broadcasted on either side of me, but I managed to ignore them as I made my way to a space where I had a little more room. I lifted my arms above my head, sensually swaying my hips to the beat as I hummed along to the song. I didn't have a bad voice, as Nick told me, but last night when I was drunk I had apparently sounded like a dying cat. I giggled at the thought, continuing to gyrate my hips along to the song.

"Oh you young, wild girls,

I'll always come back to you, come back to you-u-u-u,"

Halfway through the song, my eyes had closed, and I ran my hands over my body. I felt a large pair of hands move slowly along my body to grip my hips. His fingers hooked in my belt loops, his hands teasing the exposed flesh of my stomach. I groaned, leaning my head back against his chest. I pushed all thoughts of Sean out of my head, thinking that maybe I could use this guy to rebound from that relationship. 

I reached up to grasp the side of his face, running my fingertips along the short stubble on his jawline. I gasped as he lowered his head to rub the hair along the sensitive skin of my neck. He pulled my hips closer to his pelvis, and I felt the beginnings of an erection stirring in his pants. He groaned as his cock aligned with the outlined curve of my ass, putting us in a spooning position. 

His hands left my hips to slowly move up my stomach, stopping just below my ribs. I gasped, wanting his hands to move a little higher to cup my breasts. "Please," I murmured, as I ground my body against his. I felt my underwear become wet, along with an ache that welled up at the apex of my thighs. I sighed to myself, finally realizing what I was supposed to feel like when Sean and I were about to have sex. I wondered briefly why I hadn't felt this way before, and why I was feeling it now. A thin sheen of sweat covered our bodies as we continued grinding up against each other. 

We slowly made our way to the back wall of the club, where he flipped me around to face him and press me up against the wall. He lifted my small body off the floor, pressing his leg between mine so when he let me back down, his knee was pressing directly against my core. I screamed out in pleasure, feeling the pressure concentrate right on the aching throb between my legs. I writhe my hips against him, needing to take care of the feeling that was building up inside me. My head became foggy to the point where I couldn't think about anything other than the way he was making me feel, and the need to take care of it. 

I ran my hands along his chest, feeling that it was bare except for a vest he was wearing. I grinned at the feel of his naked skin beneath my fingertips, glad that I didn't have to unbutton his shirt in order to feel him. I felt his heartbeat speed up at my touch, and I grinned, knowing I affected him this much. It used to take Sean a while to become as turned on as he was. By then, our pants of need were raging around us, blocking out the sound of the pounding music of the club. 

As if he was unable to keep his hands off of me, he gripped my waist and pulled me up even closer to him. I groaned as he pressed kisses against my neck, the stubble of his face brushing up against me. Each kiss was full of desire, though he sucked on my skin gently. I gasped with each touch of his lips, feeling a growing ache in my lower belly spread. My nipples hardened as I clutched his shoulders, desperate to get him closer to me. I pushed the fabric of his vest off of his shoulders, leaving him topless. His teeth nipped at my earlobe and I dug my nails into his shoulder blades, hissing at the pleasurable pain he induced. 

"Now," I rasped, as he lowered his hands to cup my ass and hold me up, and my legs constricted around his waist in response. I groaned in pleasure, pressing him tighter up against me as his hardness pressed directly against my ache. That was all the convincing he needed to ram his lips onto mine. He pinned my arms up above my head and pushed me harder against the wall. I gasped at his rough touches, unable to deny that it was turning me on. He swallowed my gasps with his lips, pressing his lips firmly against mine. I closed my eyes in ecstasy, though the stench of alcohol was on his breath, it was the hottest thing I'd ever felt.

As I let him take the lead, I momentarily worried about that fact that I was a little inexperienced. I had only ever kissed Sean, and Sean was nothing like this sexy God who currently had me slaked out against the wall for him, ready to do anything he asked. As his tongue invaded my mouth, I immediately returned the kiss, all doubts leaving my mind within seconds. 

Our kiss was interrupted by a familiar, nasal voice behind us. "Baby? I thought we were going back to the bus?"

I pushed myself away from him immediately, embarrassed that we had gotten caught. My eyes widened as I realized who the woman was. Blondie. And if that was Blondie, then... I looked up, squinting my eyes to adjust to the dim lights of the club. Focusing on his face, I bit my lip as I came to the realization of who I had just danced with and kissed. Acton Black. Dammit.

"Of course, baby," he rasped, turning away from me. He was lucky, though, that he turned away. That way he wouldn't have to see the death glare I was shooting at him. He walked over to her, ignoring me completely, as if he hadn't just been pressing me up against the wall. As if he hadn't kissed me. As if he hadn't been as turned on as I was. Acton wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her in close to him. She didn't even notice that he still had a raging hard-on. She didn't notice he was flushed and breathing hard. But I did. 

Before they left me, they turned to mock me. Blondie narrowed her eyes on me in disgust, and she murmured "Slut," underneath her breath to me. Before I could start another fight with her, though, Acton opened his chiseled lips to speak. 

"You can keep the vest," he sneered at me. "You may need it for when you're all alone at night and you get naughty." And with that, they turned their backs to me and left. 

I sighed, biting back tears, and bent down to pick up the sexy black vest that was previously wrapped around him before I ripped it off his back. Perhaps the fact that he was panting and had an erection didn't mean anything to Acton Black. Getting him hard was probably not a difficult feat, and I was now classified as one of the many who had tried to slake themselves on him. I would never be able to live it down. And, knowing how arrogant he was, he would probably blab it to the rest of the guys in the band, and they wouldn't even think twice about making me stay here.

I groaned, slapping my hand to my forehead. How could I have been so stupid? But then, I wasn't the only one to blame. He came on to me first. I didn't even know who he was until I heard his deep, sensual voice that melted my senses like chocolate even when he wasn't singing.

I ended up stuffing the vest in my large purse, thankful that it could hide the bulge. At least I could have a souvenier.

***

 Once I had calmed down enough, I made my way through the throngs of people to the backstage area. I was thrown a few nasty looks by some blonde bimbos who were scantily clad, but their glares diminished when they saw I had a backstage pass. "I'm with the band," I said cooly, gently shoving them aside to get to the back entrance. 

When I finally got through to the backstage area, things were already dying down. Fans had gotten their articles signed, the cries of ecstasy had died down, and now the guys were collected at the sitting area where I first met Ren and Colton. The entire band was there, save for one. Acton. God knows where he is, fucking God knows what. Putting that thought to the back of my mind, I sat down next to Nick, who had his feet propped up on the coffee table and was drinking a cold beer. 

"You guys were awesome tonight," I smiled, glancing at them as they took another swig of beer. "Drove the crowds nuts." Literally. People are insane when it comes to these guys. 

"Well," Ren said on the other side of me. None of the men were drunk, and it was obvious they were only on their first beer. Ren slung his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in closer to him. "We are called the Lady Killers for a reason, bacca."

"I certainly know why now," I murmured, turning my face away from Ren. His face was embarrassingly close, only a few inches away, and I would have jumped out of his arms to get away if it wouldn't be rude. I glanced at Nick, who was still staring at his beer as if it were his firstborn child. He would not be of any help to me.

I was just about to politely shrug out of Ren's embrace when we heard a deep voice behind us. "Careful, Ren. She's a wild one," Acton said, moving closer to where we were sitting. He sat across from us, on the same couch as Vance and Colton, and popped his beer open with his finger. My eyes widened when I saw that neither of the men had used a bottle opener. 

"No way," Colton spoke up in my defense. "She's a little angel," he grinned at me with a devilish gleam in his eyes. "No way she could be a wild one."

"The quiet ones always are. And considering how she threw herself at me earlier, I'd say she's an animal." Acton said, chugging down his beer. He set it on the coffee table in front of us and pulled his fake woman down to sit on the arm rest next to where he was sitting. She giggled when he put his hands on her waist, and I found myself flashing back to when we were kissing and it was his hands on my waist. I wanted to slap myself. Acton was an asshole. I don't get jealous over assholes. 

After registering Acton's words, everyone in the room turned to face me with raised eyebrows. I swallowed thickly, having never imagined Acton would be so cruel as to mention it in front of everybody. To my left, Nick was choking on his beer. I turned to him and patted his back roughly, a little harder than I meant to. The anger was bubbling up inside of me and I felt the need to hit something. I hadn't realized that I had wanted to come along with the band this badly, and now my hopes were diminished into dust. 

"An, you-" cough, "threw yourself-" cough, "at Acton?" I could tell that Nick was going to get mad, and I no longer knew what to do.

If I lied, Acton would call me out on it. If I told the truth, I would seem like a whore. I chose to tell a little of both. "I did not throw myself onto him," I told Nick, choosing to ignore the fact that Acton was in the room. "It was a misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding?" I heard Acton call out across the room, and out of my peripheral vision I could see him pulling the blond into his lap. "Didn't seem like one to me."

The anger that was slowly bubbling inside of me boiled over. He was making me seem like a slut, when I wasn't. He did not have the right to destroy my image like this, especially in front of all these people. I twisted my head around so I could glare at him eye to eye. "It was a misunderstanding," I repeated myself. "I don't normally do that."

Now it was Ren's turn to choke. "What did you do?"

"On the dance floor, she came up to me and kissed me. I didn't know it was her," he said my name in disgust, "And things got heated. But she didn't want to stop."

"You came on to me!" I raised my voice. The lies just kept on spewing from his arrogant lips. "I was dancing, alone, and suddenly felt his hands on me. I never-" I trailed off, stopping myself before I could finish my defense. There was no way this would seem okay if they didn't know my past. I didn't want them to know that I was in a bad relationship and just got out of it. It would make me seem weak, and that was one thing I was not. I knew I shouldn't have taken Gene and Holli's suggestion for a one night stand. Look at where it got me.

Before I knew it, before I could stop myself, I felt the tears well up in my eyes. Just thinking about Sean's betrayal hurt. It was like opening up a wound that had been closed with glue and tape. It wasn't a good stitch, and it was bound to come apart sometime, but I didn't want it to happen in front of someone else. I needed to grieve, so I could start mending my heart together again. I lowered my head, looking down at my lap so no one could see my face. Nick knew me better than that, though, and pulled me into his arms for a hug. 

"You don't need to tell them," he murmured in my ear so no one else could hear our conversation. "You can keep it a secret or hell, I'll even tell them for you."

I shook my head, which was cradled in the space between his neck and shoulder. "I just need some time alone." There was no way to stop the tears now, for a lone tear had escaped down my cheek. Once I started crying, I found it hard to stop, and I didn't want to start bawling like a baby in front of these men. Especially in front of Acton and his fake titted friend. "I need to get out of here." My voice wavered now, and I wanted to slap myself. They would know I was crying now. 

I tried to move away from him, but I couldn't even get up from the couch because now Colton was kneeling in front of me. I ducked my head down again so he wouldn't see, but he cupped my face in his hands and held my face to look him in the eyes. "You can tell us," he murmured, and just like that the fucking damn broke. 

I tried desperately to stop the tears, but all I could think about was "Not in front of Acton. Not in front of Acton." Thinking those thoughts just made the tears strem down my face faster. I tried to wipe away my tears with the back of my hands, but it didn't do any good since the tears were already replacing themselves. 

"Get out, Acton," I heard Ren say beside me. I felt the space next to me move, knowing that he had gotten off of the couch to stand up.

"No," Acton retorted in a childish tone. "I want to know." I could feel his stare on me, his eyes seeming to penetrate and strip away my protective shell. 

"Acton." I heard Vance bark out in an authorative voice. His tone was angry and stiff. "Get. Out. Haven't you done enough already?"

"I didn't know she was gonna cry about it," Acton said in his defense, and I could easily imagine him crossing his arms across his chest. 

"Get out," Nick said beside me, and I knew he was speaking to Acton. "I mean it."

"Well," I heard Acton say just before he exited the room, "She deserves what she got after she acts like a fucking slut."

And with that, my tears turned into a flood. His words hurt more than I ever thought possible, even though they weren't true. Nick rubbed my back, while Vance, Colton, and Ren crowded around me, checking to make sure I was alright. "I'm fine," my voice wavered through my tears. "Go back to your beer." 

"Not until you tell us what this is about," Colton answered gently, rubbing circles on my knee through my jeans with his fingers. "You can trust us."

I held my breath and counted to ten, trying to hold back my tears. My breathing was shaky for a while, but I finally managed to calm down now that Acton wasn't in the room. "I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday," I said in a monotone voice. "We had dated throughout high school, for five fucking years," I cursed, feeling helpless. I hated to be weak in front of people, no matter how nice they were. "Yesterday, I went into his office to find a coworker of ours sucking his cock. He cheated on me God knows how many times, and I never even knew about it."

I could not stop spewing out my story now. Even though I had told Nick all about it last night, and Gene and Holli, I needed to get it off my chest again. Like I needed to tell everyone about this unfaithful bastard I had loved. "So my friends suggested having a one night stand. I didn't think it was the best idea, but I didn't say anything about it. Tonight, when I was dancing, I was really into it. A man came up behind me and put his hands on me, and we danced together. I thought that maybe I should give the one night thing a try," I continued, willing myself to shut up but unable to find the stregth to do so. "And we ended up going to te back of the club to make out. The guy seemed nice enough, but I couldn't see his face and we hadn't spoken to each other. I had no way of knowing who he was."

"It was Acton," Colton said, still kneeling down before me as if I were a princess. I nodded, unable to say the words for myself. 

"I had never done anything like that before. If I had known it was him, I would never have done it," I finished, breathing in deeply. By now the tears were dried on my face, and I was able to breathe like a sane person again. 

"You don't need to explain yourself to us, princess," Vance said, his figure looming above us becuase we were siting on the couch. "We know he's an asshole."

"He might not have known it was me," I tried to speak up in his defense, even though I didn't see a point. 

"But he was still an asshole to you after. There's no reason to be that cruel," Nick murmured, rubbing my back with his hand in circles. 

"I vote yes," Colton murmured, looking up into my eyes. His eyes twinkled in the light, and a smile lit up his face. He was probably the nicest, quietest one here. 

"Yes to what?" Ren piped up beside me. Ren was cocky, but he was still kind to me. That made him a friend in my books. 

"Anya should have full reign over that extra bunk on the bus," Colton answered, his smile widening to show me his white teeth. 

"I second that," Nick answered, though his vote was obvious. 

"Third," Vance answered. He was the band manager, and his opinion probably counted the most. It meant a lot to me that these guys would bother to stand up for someone like me. 

"Ah, what the hell," Ren grinned, his voice ringing out through the room. "I vote yes, too."

"Congratulations," Colton stuck out a hand to shake mine. "You are coming on tour with the hottest men on the planet. The Lady Killers!" 

"Arrogant much?" Ren scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

"You're one to talk," Colton retorted, mimicking Ren and rolling his eyes. 

"But doesn't Acton need to agree?" I ask. I didn't want him to be angry that I came along. Even though he was rude to me, I didn't want to be on his bad side forever. It would make things so much easier if we got along. 

"Majority rules," Vance smiled, ruffling my blond hair with his hand. "He can pout all he wants, but we aren't going to change our answer."

"Sweet," I smiled, forcing all thoughts of Acton to the back of my mind. I didn't want to think about him right now. I wanted to enjoy this moment, right here, right now, and be happy that I was going to do what so few had the privilege of doing.

***

How was that? I know I haven't updated in a while, but I will usually only be updating this book about once every two weeks. I'm a little early this time, but I wanted to get this out there. Hope you liked it! Leave comments and vote!

Oh, and towards the beginning of the chapter, Ren calls Anya "bacca." This means "babe" in the Indian language, which is his heritage. 

Thank you-

L.C.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 51.1K 49
"So serious all the time. Ever smiled?" No reaction. "Ever laughed, warden?" Not even a tilt of lip. He simply sat there. Looking at her blandly...
1.1K 111 40
"What?" He asked, pulling me from my daydream again. I chuckled, biting my lip again. "Are you thinking about me naked?" He asked jokingly. I blushed...
2.1M 44K 54
[WARNING - EXPLICIT CONTENT] I tried getting out of his hold, but he had more strength in his finger than I had in my body. He flipped me over until...
5.6K 103 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...