The Magician's Secret (boyxbo...

By Ringtower

Areon Halfcrest moves to a new city two weeks before graduation. He hopes to just have a casual two weeks til... More

Read First
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12
Character lists
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 20.5
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Smut Chapter
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (Last Chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter 3

7.5K 311 49
By Ringtower

Areon p.o.v.

We went to the mall during lunch and then decided to skip last period since we didn't have any important classes. I just had ceramics and I wasn't going to do anything since school ends in two weeks.

Now we are driving to some warehouse that they had to show Drew and I something. Drew isn't as stressed as he was before now. I don't know what it was that changed him.

"I didn't know you were a magician," Drew mumbles to me.

"What," I ask him. I heard him, but I don't understand what he means.

"I was tense because I didn't know you were a magician. I got a little worried when I saw you see Devy using his powers," he explains. Oh yeah, he didn't know. Beans were spilled when I admitted it back at Kara's house.

"So you know about magic?"

He puts his hand out and says something from a different language. Then he closes his hand and opens them. His hand then disappears completely. "You could say that."

I smile over at him. "Devy?"

His face flushes when I say the nickname and I can't help but coo at him. Drew kind of had that dark emo kind of look, but he's also so innocent. He kind of reminds me of Nico Di angelo from Percy Jackson.

"You misheard me. I said Devin," he tells me.

"Mhm. I guess we all miss heard," Kara says from the passenger seat.

He crosses his arm and looks away. "Yeah whatever." I can still see his pink cheeks from the window's reflection.

The car soon stops and we end up outside of what looks like a bunch of abandon warehouse buildings. We get out and they lead us to a specific warehouse. Kara takes out a key and unlocks the door. "Come on in," she says.

We walk into the warehouse and look around. The warehouse looks like a club house or something. There were couches, tables, a TV, bookshelves, and a lot of other things.

"What is this place," Drew asks them.

"This is the first lone castor salon," Nero answers him proudly.

I furrow my brow. "Salon, like we're going to do our hair type of a thing."

Kara laughs at what I say and shakes her head. "Not that type of Salon. A couple centuries ago they had establishments where people would come and just share ideas. They would talk about philosophy, politics, and stuff like that."

"But here we will share magic with each other," Nero finishes. That does kind of sound like a cool idea. I'm self taught, so I don't know much magic. If I could meet others of my own kind and learn and teach with them it would be amazing.

"But isn't that what magical universities are for," Drew asks him. What are magical universities?

Nero sighs and shakes his head. "Drew for you yeah, but we're lone castors. We don't get to go to universities for magic."

"We don't," I ask. That isn't fair. Who decided those rules?

"Yeah the Sage council doesn't allow it," Kara tells me. "Because first they don't trust lone castors. Some of them aren't in clans because they did something bad. Second, since lone castors aren't in clans, they can be difficult to find. And third, sometimes the lone castors ancestors left clans and the lone castor doesn't know he's a magician."

"But it still unfair," Nero says. "My family can't reach their full potential because of those stupid Sage council members."

Kara smiles over at him and rubs his arm. "Yeah my father is pretty stupid."

"You're father," Drew and I ask at the same time.

"Yeah my dad is a Sage council member. And I know what you're going to say, why am I a lone castor? Well the truth is because Sages can't be part of a clan, so they're children are lone castors till we turn 25 and can apply to clan membership."

"Can somebody please explain to me the whole Sage council and clan stuff? Remember I don't know anything about that stuff," I say. All this is new to me.

We all sit down at the couches and they start to explain the whole thing.

"It's pretty basic, kind of. A clan is like a coven of witches or pack of werewolves," Kara starts.

"But we also live in a kingdom, the kingdom has thousands of clans in it. It's kind of like the U.S. and all the cities in the U.S.," Drew goes on.

"Then the Sage council are Mages who try to keep the peace within the Mage world," Nero finishes.

Okay not to complicated, but I do have some questions. "What's a Mage and Sage?"

Kara answers first. "A Mage is a person who has chosen a career that involves magic, so they have to keep on going to magic school. So if you want to be a teacher, clan warrior, or anything like that you have to be a Mage. If you just want to learn how to use your powers than you just become a magician."

Drew then goes on explaining the rest, "A sage though is a Mage who studies magic. Kind of like scientist studying science. Though the difference is that the Sage council leader passes on their title to one of their children. Usually the first born, since they're the strongest usually. That means that Kara is going to most likely be the sage council leader."

Kara covers her face and groans. "Ugh, don't remind me."

"Okay, one more thing though. What is magic universities?"

"Magic universities are places where you learn magic. In clans you're not technically allowed to learn magic till you get to a magical university, but nobody follows that rule. Everybody at least knows one or two spells by the time they go to uni," Nero answers.

Kara claps her hands together. "Any more question?" I shake my head no. "Good. Now let's do some magic."

Aragon p.o.v.

I've been feeling weird for the last couple of hours. I don't know how to describe the feeling exactly. I feel it throughout my whole body, but it isn't physical. It sounds weird, but that's the best I can come up with. The only person in my house that can feel it too is my little brother. I'm guessing it's a magician thing, because my mom or sister don't feel anything and my dad isn't here for me to ask.

I try to take make the feeling go away by listening to music, but it doesn't work. I still feel it.

Then there's a quick shimmer in my room and Devin appears out of nowhere.

"Well this is a surprise," I say to him.

"I need to talk to you," he says seriously. Geesh, where did the fun Devin go. Ever since lunch he's been angry, sad, and serious. He usually is a fun, calm, and outgoing guy.

"About what? And how did you teleport in here? That is a powerful magic." He shows me his hand which holds a red magnet crystal. Magnet crystals have the ability to teleport themselves and people to other magnet crystals, if you know how to activate them. People a couple years ago, were able to put red energy, which is what attracts the crystal, in the atmosphere. Now people could teleport almost anywhere in the world with a red crystal.

"Anyway I need your help with getting into the energy disturbance area," he tells me.

"Energy disturbance?"

He nods his head. "Don't you feel the energy disturbance. Everybody else has." So that is what's causing me to feel weird. An energy disturbance, but from what?

"Why do you want to go into the area," I ask him.

"Kara sent me a mind message before the field was up. Now come, I'll explain the rest when we get there." Devin then puts the crystal right in front of me.

I don't know how I'm going to help, but I grab the crystal's side. Devin says the spell and I start to see the affects of the spell. Everything around me starts to dissolve and a new scenery is left in its place. My body feels a little nauseous from the teleporting, but other than that I feel fine.

I somewhat recognize the place we teleported. It's a road that leads to abandoned warehouses. Most people go there for drug deals and stuff like that. Devin walks towards the warehouses and I follow.

"So are you going to explain why you need me," I ask Devin.

"It's kind of a secret, that I'm not suppose to know," he tells me. A secret? About me? That I don't know about? Well this is going to be good. "You know the King to The Mage throne right?"

"The one that is going through the rebirth treatment?" Along time ago the king's ancestor was at war with another kingdom. Both of the kingdoms seemed to be even, but the king at the time discovered a way to ambush the other kingdom. There was a passage that went right to the back of the kingdom. The only problem was there was a powerful coven in the way.

So the king being desperate came up with an idea. He made one of the coven witches fall in love with him and had her take down the coven's defenses. The king then destroyed the coven and went straight through to the enemy kingdom.

The witch being so pissed, sacrificed her life to curse the males in the king's family. The curse was a disease with no cure and you died slowly and painfully.

The current king though has been going through this new treatment that is suppose to heal the curse from his body. The king has been going through the treatment since he was 5 years old and is supposedly almost finished with it.

"Yeah him. So you know about his great great great great grandfather's curse." I nod my head. "Well that same guy had twins. The older one was a girl and the other was a boy, but since the oldest was female, they gave the throne to the son."

"Then shouldn't there be more people with the curse," I ask. Because of the curse, our kings would only be able to have one son, before their body starts to die. Since the woman don't get curse wouldn't have she been able to reproduce and spread the curse?

Devin shakes his head. "It's a father to son curse. Since she was female she couldn't have passed on to any of her descendants. Anyway the girl eventually grew up and left the kingdom. She came into the human world and met a powerful clan leader. The two of them fell in love and had a couple of children."

"What does this have to do with me?"

He chuckles at the question. "Think about it for a sec."

That's when it finally dawns on me. "I'm her descendant," I say.

"And the heir to the throne," he adds.

That makes my step falter as we walk. "What," I yell.

He nods his head. "After the rebirth process the prince won't be able to have an heir to the throne. He will be completely sterile. The rebirth treatment may cure your curse, but the curse still gives you certain side effects."

"Kay, what about the genetic reproduction process. Wouldn't that work?" The genetic reproduction process is taking two people's DNA, putting it in some machine and having a baby. It's mostly used for same sex couples to have their own children.

"It requires sperm or egg. His won't work so it isn't possible. The only way for him to have children now is to have the womb operation and they only work 25% of the time."

I feel my heart exhilarating and my breathing picking up. I don't understand why I feel so nervous. I knew I'd become clan leader someday, but being the king of mages seem like a huge responsibility. I don't know if I'll be up for that type work.

"We're here," Devin announces.

Aragon p.o.v.

Devin walks us over to an area with a bunch of cars. They block anyone from going any farther down the road. I see a glowing yellow symbol in the air. It looks like a Y with a triangle outline. There are little yellow lasers coming out of the Y. I've seen the symbol before around the king's palace. It's a protection charm that comes from the royal family. Only a royal heir is able to manipulate it.

"Do you see a glowing symbol," Devin asks me. I chuckle a little since he's right in front of him. I point at the symbol. He jumps away from it. "Okay good. Since it's a human area I think this is just an alert charm. Now come stand in front of the symbol."

I do as he says and walk to the symbol. "Now what?"

"Put your hand over it and slowly push forward. When you feel a strange sensation, stop immediately," he tells me.

I put my hand on the symbol and push forward. I don't feel any difference, other than a tingly feeling around my fingers. There is then a strong force on my palm. I push through it and that's when I realize what Devin was talking about. There's a huge surge of energy that comes out of the force. It goes up my hand to my chest then it goes through the rest of my body. "I feel it."

"Okay now try to open it with your other hand."

I put my other hand near the first and pull the symbol apart. The lasers are still there, but they all move apart for me. "Done."

"Where is the opening?" I gesture around the right area. He jumps into the opening and lands on a car. I follow his lead and get in. When I let go, the symbol appears again and the lasers go back to normal.

We walk on the hoods of the several cars till we get on the actual road. We see some warrior mages and clan officials waiting outside a specific warehouse. We are too far from the warehouses that they can't see us. Devin leads me behind one of the warehouses.

"I can't believe I didn't think they'd used an illusion spell to hide themselves," Devin says to himself.

"You couldn't see them through the field," I ask him. He shakes his head. I could see them completely. It must be because I could also see the symbol and lasers. "Where's Dr--."

I don't get to finish my sentence, because I hear a high pitch noise followed by headache. 'Aragon what are you doing here' I hear my father's voice ask in an angry tone. He created a mind link for us. This is the first I've heard from him in the last month. He went to see the king and help him organize his kingdom.

I then realize what he said. 'Here? You're home' I ask him. Why didn't he say anything? Mom has been worried about him. I was going to call him if he didn't come home soon.

'Yes. Only for a while though. I had some business here' he says.

"My dad is here," I tell Devin.

His eyes go wide. "He is," he yells. His voice made a mage warrior look our way and I had to push him into a warehouse. When we're in, I tell him to hush and say yes. "That means he felt us getting in here."

"Yeah, we're having a telepathic message."

"That means this is big," Devin tells me. "Why else would he leave Amenez, to come here?"

'Who's this' somebody asks into the mind link. It isn't my voice or my father's voice.

'it's just my son Tyler. He's currently leaving the area' my father tells the other voice.

Damn it. There is only one Tyler that would be here if it was this big. Sage Tyler, one of the strongest mind mage in the world.

'Well since he's here, why doesn't he take my daughter and her two friends' Sage Tyler suggest.

'Yes sage. Aragon, come over here'

I look over at Devin and tell him everything. He looks a little sad about what happened, but doesn't argue. The two of us get out of the warehouse and go to the warehouse with warrior mages. We go in and I am surprise to what I see. It looks like a cool hang out area. There were even a few spell books and potions laying around.

"What is this place," I ask to no one in particular.

"A mistake," a familiar voice say. I look for the voice and see Sage Tyler standing next to Kara, Nero, and Drew.

"It's not a mistake dad," Kara argues. She has a bandage on her head that I didn't see yesterday. I'm guessing she is the one responsible for all of this.

"You guys were practicing magic without adult supervision. You know how dangerous that is. You guys could have started an invisible fire," Sage Tyler yells. I've never seen him this mad before. He's usually calm and boring.

Kara rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Let's go guys." She grabs the others and goes outside. We follow her, but not before seeing some mage warriors start taking stuff outside. Probably to put them back where they belong.

Once we're outside I see Devin grab Drew and pull him away from Kara. He glares down at Drew. Drew has a confused face. "What the Hell were you thinking," Devin yells at him.

Drew jumps up from the loud noise. Devin has never yelled at Drew, this must be serious. "W-w-what do you mean," the black haired boys asks.

"What I mean? Haha. He wonders what I mean? I mean you using magic without adult supervision," he scolds.

"I just wanted to hangout with some friends," Drew tries to explain. This must be weird for him. He's usually the one scolding Devin, but he's never this harsh.

"Yeah with the great Nero," Devin says sarcastically. I see Drew's cheeks turn red. "All you ever do is talk about him. Oh Nero was so funny, Nero is so sweet. Gees you sound like some fag."

That's when I see him cross a line. Drew's eyes start to water at the words. A few stray tears fall from his face. Devin's face turns from anger into regret. He tries to wipe Drew's tears, but Drew smacks his hand away. "Drew I didn't--,"

"So what if I am," Drew yells at Devin, wiping away his tears. "What if I'm a fag? Are you going to disown? Hate me? Bully me?"

"Drew I didn't mean--"

"I don't care what you mean or what you say. Go to hell asshole." Drew runs away from us, faster than anybody could catch him.

Drew p.o.v.

I run farther and farther away from them. I can hear Devin trying to catch up to me, but he's too slow. I know I won't be able to outrun him though, he is still a football player after all.

I see the big lake to my side and realize what I can do. I run to it and quickly take off my pant and shoes before jumping into the water. As soon as I land I start to swim faster and faster away from land. Devin doesn't know how to swim since he's really scared of water.

I look behind me and smirk. Devin stops himself as he gets near the water. He glares over at me, but I don't care. I turn away from him and swim farther into lake.

I start to think about what happened and I feel a few tears fall from face. I could handle a bunch of mean insults from people, but having my best friend call me...that word, hurts. I'm not in love with him like in those cliché books, but it still hurts. Plus he totally embarrassed me in front of my crush.

I groan when I remember what he said. Nero probably now knows that I like him. If there's a back in time spell, I need to find it and stop myself from ever becoming friends with Devin. I don't even know why I'm friends with him. He's so stupid and stubborn all the time. He basically forced me and Francine to date. Francine and I went out on a few dates, but we really didn't like each other in a romantic way. Mostly because of my gayness. Now we pretend to date to get our friends off our backs.

I hear a splash behind me. I turn and see Devin trying not to sink and failing at it. I panic and quickly swim over to him. Devin struggles, but eventually falls underwater. I swim down and see him frantically moving around. I grab him and he stops moving. He sees my face and relief floods his face. He then surprises me, by grabbing my waist and start taking us up to the surface.

When we get out for air, we gasp as oxygen enter our lungs. We breath heavily for a sec, trying to calm ourselves. When I start breathing normally again, I look over at Devin. "You can swim," I scream.

He smirks down at me. "You don't know everything about me."

"Yes I do. I know everything about you. I even know that you masturbate with you left hand even though you're right handed. You seriously need to find a filter," I tell him.

He chuckles and starts swimming us to shore. I find it weird how he doesn't get embarrassed by anything. I once tried when we were twelve and nothing works. Me on the other hand get embarrassed easily. You just have to say I look cute and I start blushing like a tomato.

"I was going to surprise you on your half birthday," he tells me. When we were eight, Devin created a tradition that the two of us would celebrate our half birthdays together, but only the two of us. It was okay with me, because nobody else cares about our half birthday. I don't even care, but I like how happy he gets when we celebrate them. "I was going to take you to the water park and we were going to ride all the rides we couldn't before because I couldn't swim."

An uncontrollable smile appears on my lips from the words. I can't believe he learned to swim for me. Nobody has been able to convince him to do it, not even his parents.

Then I remember what just happened and all my happy feelings go away. He probably doesn't want to spend my half birthday with me. It will be the first time in ten years. I don't know how to feel about that. Sure they got annoying sometimes, but they were special to us.

"But not anymore," I ask, when we get to land.

"Huh?"

"You don't want to go with me anymore, since you found out about...well you know." I hate how this is going to tear us apart. We've been together for so long and this little thing is now going to separate us.

"Since I found out how big of douche I am? Well I have no problem with it. How about you," he asks me as we walk towards his clothes. I didn't notice till now that he's only in his boxers.

My cheeks get a little heated as I look at him. "No it's fine," I say softly.

Devin takes off his boxers and throws them near his clothes. I quickly cover my eyes and turn around. He chuckles behind me. "I give you permission to check me out. I know I'm hot," he boasts. I hear a zipper noise, which means he's putting on his pants.

I scoff. "You're so egotistical," I say. Sure he is hot, but I would never tell him that, he has a big enough head. He has soft honey blonde hair that makes you want to run your fingers through and deep dark blue eyes that look like beach. He also has muscles that would turn any guy or girl on.

I on the other hand am different. Sure I have muscles, but not like his or the other guys. I have midnight black hair, dark brown eyes, and pale olive skin. Nothing too impressive like him.

I squeak when I feel hand go up my shirt. "Devy what are you doing," I yell, turning to look at him. He still isn't wearing a shirt, but he's wearing his pants now.

"You need to get out of those clothes or else you're going to get sick," he tells me. He hands me the white shirt he was wearing under his button up and his my pants.

I grab my stuff and walk behind a tree. "Turn around," I order.

He pouts at me. "I don't get the free show?" I glare at him and he finally listens. "Fine fine fine. You're no fun."

When he turns I quickly change, before he sees me. I don't like undressing myself in front of people, especially to Devin. Once I was undressing myself for bed, when Devin walked in and saw me. I still remember those intense eyes he gave me that made me feel so self conscious. I shiver at the memory.

When we're done, we walk back toward the others with our wet clothes. Devin gives me his varsity jacket when he saw me shiver. I told him not to, but he put it on me. He then said he would duck tape it on me if I even think of taking it off. Even when he's nice he's stubborn.

As we walk, he wraps his arm around my hip and brings me closer. I pretend to hate it, but I kind of like it. It means he's okay with the whole gay thing and doesn't mind touching me like he used to.

"So are you okay with me being...gay," I finally ask him. We could already see the others in the distance. They were all leaning against cars talking.

"That depends," he tells me. I frown. I swear I will bury him six feet under if he asks for a friendly blowjob. "Will I still be the most important guy in your life," he asks me softly. His voice seemed fragile when he asked and he seemed nervous about my answer.

I smile up at him and do the one thing I never thought I'd do. I get on my tippy toes and kiss his cheek. I'm not much of a physical person, but Devin definitely is. "Of course. You'll always be the most important man in my life."

He then surprises me. His cheeks turn red, cherry red. I've never seen him do that before. He's embarrassed. I can't help but giggle, in a manly way, at his reaction. He tries to play it off, but I know what I saw.

I made my best friend blush.

I hope you guys liked it. Please vote comment and follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 3.7K 44
Locked in the castle tower without even a name, The Raven dreams of one day being free. He learns the hard way, it seems, that dreams are not meant f...
82.9K 1.8K 27
Gab finally went home together with Bane and was attending school. What will happen's during their year being together when a third party was on the...
212K 7.5K 25
It was only a kiss - bit of summer fun. That was all. Holiday friendships dont often last so why bother learning each others names? You'd only have t...
1.3M 11.3K 11
On his first moon, Aden shifts into a stunning white wolf with red marking, the sign of a perfect sub, the dream of any dominant male. To him, it's a...